Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit (5434 Views)

Pastor Impregnates Choir Member In Lagos / 19-yr-old Pastor Impregnates Female Church Founder (PIC) / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2015
so what exactly is the verse talking about since you claimed it is not talking about rape
Second question, what is the moral of the verses in the bible talking about inces.t (and they are many)
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by malvisguy212: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
Binb:
so what exactly is the verse talking about since you claimed it is not talking about rape
Second question, what is the moral of the verses in the bible talking about inces.t (and they are many)
why don't you guys understand simple explanation? The verse was not talking about war, the context of that chapter is The Song of Deborah and Barak

1 Like

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by tola9ja: 10:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS FATHER AT THERE BUSINESS CENTER ENDORSED ANOTHER 4YRS OF CORRUPTION

EVIDENCE

1 Share

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 9:05am On Mar 07, 2015
Emusan:

It is just so shameful that you can still repeat this.

In fact the underlined & bolded part show how confused you are.

If the bible finds the quote suitable enough to grace it on its pages, why should I be ashamed to post it here

YOU are the confused one! I posted songs of Solomon and this bible quote in case you missed it...

Bible Condones Rape of War Victims
"Are they not finding and dividing the spoil-- a girl or two for each warrior, the spoil of colored garments for Sisera, the spoil of an embroidered garment or two for my neck?" Judges 5:30

You went ahead and referred me to rape in songs of Solomon and I simply corrected you that this was the quote I was referring to!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 11:06am On Mar 07, 2015
9jaforlife:
If the bible finds the quote suitable enough to grace it on its pages, why should I be ashamed to post it here

Your case is pathetic, does the verse talk about rape? That's the question.

YOU are the confused one! [size=14pt]I posted songs of Solomon[/size] and this bible quote in case you missed it...

See broad day LIE @bolded part, please show me where you posted SONGS OF Solomon

Yet you said below that I was the one who referred you to Songs of Solomon and you corrected me that your quote is from Judges not Songs of Solomon.

Bible Condones Rape of War Victims
"Are they not finding and dividing the spoil-- a girl or two for each warrior, the spoil of colored garments for Sisera, the spoil of an embroidered garment or two for my neck?" Judges 5:30

[size=14pt]You went ahead and referred me to rape in songs of Solomon and I simply corrected you that this was the quote I was referring to!![/size]

What do I need to say again after reading this your open day light lies which is evident that you're just typing what you've been programmed to do.

Did I refer you to Songs of Solomon or I simply tell you that the verse you quoted was a SONG SANG BY DEBORAH AND BARAK?

Muslims always prove to us that Qur'an has wiped away their brains and replaced it with confusions and lies.

Get life man!
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 11:29am On Mar 07, 2015
Binb:

is the song not part of the "inspired" Bible? so there are some portions of the bible that are conveniently attributed to singers. Abeg who are the singers. just curious

God bless you! When these people see embarrassing things in the bible they start behaving like r*etards.. See the way she's going back and forth about a clear quote! Smh

1 Like

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Binb:

Did you even see anything like RAPE in that verse?
Beside the song was sang to praise God which is a poetic song.

If only you're being open-minded than your brothers then you can digest my point here.

Firstly, Christians will never deny those verses I mean that they won't claim it's not in their Bible.

Secondly, you must know that those verses were DESCRIPTIVE and not PRESCRIPTIVE.

Thirdly, there's no moral about those verses BUT WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ALSO is that NEITHER did God have pleasure on them, that's why we aren't commanded to practice them.

Fourthly, Bible contains a lot of historical event ON HOW GOD dealt with a particular tribe in their SERVICES to God, their humanity activities, their weaknesses and strengths and their good and bad.

Fifthly, the writers of the Old Testament were not written on their OWN initiatives which can make them bias by chosen to write the GOOD part ONLY and ignored their BAD side through their human nature BUT the writers were carried along by Holy spirit to write what God wants.

Sixthly, why will God allow such things to be written in His inspired Word? This is the main question.

Lastly, God informed us through Paul that NIV: "For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
9jaforlife:
God bless you! When these people see embarrassing things in the bible they start behaving like r*etards.. See the way she's going back and forth about a clear quote! Smh

You're an embarrassment to Muslim instead of you to find something cover your face and sneak out of this thread you're still boasting upon your delusion.

Not only about you and Songs of Solomon but despite the fact that you've quoted me more than two times you couldn't see that my moniker is (m) but you can still address my as SHE.

You seriously need to get wisdom fast.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Emusan:

See broad day LIE @bolded part, please show me where you posted SONGS OF Solomon

Yet you said below that I was the one who referred you to Songs of Solomon and you corrected me that your quote is from Judges not Songs of Solomon.

What do I need to say again after reading this your open day light lies which is evident that you're just typing what you've been programmed to do.

Did I refer you to Songs of Solomon or I simply tell you that the verse you quoted was a SONG SANG BY DEBORAH AND BARAK?

Muslims always prove to us that Qur'an has wiped away their brains and replaced it with confusions and lies.

Get life man!

Cool down... You're frustrated. Here's how the discussion went...

I posted a quote about rape from the bible. You disagreed and said it wasn't about rape as shown in the first screenshot.

I quoted part of the bible quote again, asking you this question... "Dividing the spoils of war, a girl or two for each warrior" means what? That's screenshot 2.

Then you said verse one was talking about a SONG. Because I had posted a song from the bible not far from that time, I had the impression that you were referring to that post (of song from the bible). And that was what I was explaining in shot 3, see the circled part. I'd rather disagree with you than lie.

Sharing girls who are war victims is rape, the s*ex is not consensual. It was carried out by characters in the bible, whether it was in form of a song or not. Even if you contest this particular quote, I will post more quotes that are more direct. Deuteronomy 20:10-14 and Judges 31: 7-18 are more explicit about rape.

Don't get angry with me, direct your anger at your christian brethren who go about saying that Islam encourages rape but the bible is only full of love and forgiveness things. I'm only following their example!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
Emusan:

You're an embarrassment to Muslim instead of you to find something cover your face and sneak out of this thread you're still boasting upon your delusion.

Not only about you and Songs of Solomon but despite the fact that you've quoted me more than two times you couldn't see that my moniker is (m) but you can still address my as SHE.

You seriously need to get wisdom fast.

So what

What has that got to do with the topic of discussion? The fact that I referred to you as a she makes it obvious that I thought you were female. Must you fight about everything? Gosh you're soo petty! And you call yourself a guy?? Where is the wisdom in this? Funny you're asking me to get wisdom undecided
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
Bible Condones Rape

Deutronomy 20:10-14
10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for THE WOMEN, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

Judges 31:7-18
7They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.
13Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16“They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Cc: Emusan, Ifeann aka parisbookaddict
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Ifeann(f): 1:36pm On Mar 07, 2015
9jaforlife:
Bible Condones Rape

10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for THE WOMEN, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

7They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.
13Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16“They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Cc: Emusan, Ifeann aka parisbookaddict

I have explained these to u in the past.. u refuse to see it without the lens of islam...I will leave u with this verse

King James Bible Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Ifeann(f): 1:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
Emusan:

Get life man!

Lol..9jaforlife Is frustrated and desperate. .

For u to be mentioned along with me means u are probably giving muslims headache with the truth.
Peace.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2015
9jaforlife:

So what

What has that got to do with the topic of discussion? [size=14pt]The fact that I referred to you as a she makes it obvious that I thought you were female.[/size] Must you fight about everything? Gosh you're soo petty! And you call yourself a guy?? Where is the wisdom in this? Funny you're asking me to get wisdom undecided

I can't just stop laughing when I read the bolded and said to myself and this is coming from an intelligent being who thought he doesn't need wisdom.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2015
For the last time stop disgracing yourself on this thread.

Please show me the SONG you're talking about here before my post.

You lied again keep it up

9jaforlife:

Cool down... You're frustrated. Here's how the discussion went...

Do you even ask yourself question sometimes about what you typed?

Because I can't see how a reasonable person will be talking as you do here.

I posted a quote about rape from the bible. You disagreed and said it wasn't about rape as shown in the first screenshot.

I quoted part of the bible quote again, asking you this question... "Dividing the spoils of war, a girl or two for each warrior" means what? That's screenshot 2.

In your second screenshot you're the one who advised me to read the WHOLE CHAPTER which I did and replied TO THE SAME POST OF YOURS.

[size=14pt]Then you said verse one was talking about a SONG.[/size] Because I had posted a song from the bible not far from that time, I had the impression that you were referring to that post (of song from the bible). And that was what I was explaining in shot 3, see the circled part. I'd rather disagree with you than lie.

The bolded part is where the problem lies, you said yourself here that I said "VERSE ONE" did you ask yourself am I replying to the song you quoted or YOUR POST THAT I QUOTED?

And it's so evident from my post that I'm not even talking about the song you're talking about because what I wrote is so too clear for an intelligent one to conceive this is what I wrote after you advised me to read the whole chapter;

Analysis of the WHOLE CHAPTER
I then said *verse 1 was talking about a SONG sang BY DEBORAH AND BARAK* which I went ahead to quote the same verse 1 which says *on that day Deborah and Barak son of Abinoan sang this song*

It's obvious that you didn't even know anything about the verse you're talking about if not you'd have known who is Deborah and Barak or did the verse you quoted about song has the names Deborah and Barak?

Just continue to add to your delusion.

[size=14pt]Sharing girls who are war victims is rape,[/size]

I can't just stop laughing at your ignorance. You know yourself that that verse never talked about RAPE that's why you've to come with this awkward explanation.

Bookmark this

the s*ex is not consensual. It was carried out by characters in the bible, whether it was in form of a song or not.

Show me where the verse says they slept with those girls.

Even if you contest this particular quote, I will post more quotes that are more direct. Deuteronomy 20:10-14 and Judges 31: 7-18 are more explicit about rape.

You know that that verse wasn't directly talking about RAPE.

I hope you'll understand these ones too

Don't get angry with me, direct your anger at your christian brethren who go about saying that Islam encourages rape but the bible is only full of love and forgiveness things. I'm only following their example!

Angry with someone who doesn't know what s/he is talking about.

So because of this you must FORCE RAPE in the verse that doesn't even talk about RAPE.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by thehomer: 6:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
waldigit:

Atheists, do you think all these women are that daft. That is devils at work.
This is where the wisdom of God is.
Go to the devil O ye atheists and learn the majesty of God from his deeds

How do you know that the Holy Spirit didn't give him those instructions?
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 6:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
thehomer:

How do you know that the Holy Spirit didn't give him those instructions?

Simply because no scriptural back up for it.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by thehomer: 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
Emusan:

Simply because no scriptural back up for it.

The Holy Spirit impregnated Mary without her consent.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by plaetton: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ifeann:

For u to be mentioned along with me means u are probably giving muslims headache with the truth.
Peace.

What exactly is going on in your mind.
The bible, the supposed inspired words of god, condones slavery and r.ap.e. , whether through song, poetry or injunction is irrelevant.
The bible supports all forms of slavery, including fathers selling their daughters.

These are not the opinions of atheists. These are facts written in black and white in the bible.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Ifeann(f): 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
plaetton:

The bible, the supposed inspired words of god, condones slavery and r.ap.e. , whether through song, poetry or injunction is irrelevant.
The bible supports all forms of slavery, including fathers selling their daughters.

These are not the opinions of atheists. These are facts written in black and white in the bible.

I created a topic to address these allegations..

www.nairaland.com/2161012/lets-take-look-slavery-contained

u are encouraged to contribute to the discussion. .
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by ohimai83: 8:40pm On Mar 08, 2015
Read Judges 5:28 - 30. It is stated clearly that the woman who made the comment in verse 30 was sisera's mother. Sisera was the one fighting against the Israelites and not for them. Does the bible only mention good people? Was it God that made the quote in verse 30. Israelites were allow to keep their enemies as slaves. They are not allowed to sleep with them. Please lets try and read the bible as a whole and not quote scriptures out of context. How can God who does not permit fornication endorse rape. Start reading that scripture from Judges chapter 2, you will understand it better.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by AgentOfAllah: 8:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
thehomer:

OMG!!! That's spiritual rape, or sprape for short!! I hope holy spirit gets added to some sexual offenders list so children know to avoid the creep like a plague.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 2:16am On Mar 09, 2015
plaetton:

As far as Ifeann is concerned, ANY form of crime committed by christians IS JUSTIFIED. Only when people of other faiths are responsible does such crime become condemnable!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 2:17am On Mar 09, 2015
Ifeann:

I have explained these to u in the past.. u refuse to see it without the lens of islam...I will leave u with this verse

King James Bible Titus 1:15
Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Gerrout!!
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 2:29am On Mar 09, 2015
Ifeann:

Peace.

You're very funny! So, you find it special that I mentioned your name with another person's? Don't you mention mine along with others' everyday??

Ifeann aka parisbookaddict, your case is pathetic! How can you give me headache when I already know that you're suffering from chronic m*adness I can't even take your silence serious, let alone when you open that hole in your face to spew nonsense!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 2:38am On Mar 09, 2015
Emusan:

I can't just stop laughing when I read the bolded and said to myself and this is coming from an intelligent being who thought he doesn't need wisdom.

Wisdom to be able to differentiate between a male and a female online?? Is that what wisdom is meant to teach you?? What exactly do I stand to gain by referring to you as a she, if I had known you were male?? You seriously need to give yourself a break. You just might do better!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by 9jaforlife: 4:15am On Mar 09, 2015
Emusan:
For the last time stop disgracing yourself on this thread.

Please show me the SONG you're talking about here before my post.

You lied again keep it up

That's where I posted it in the screenshot below. And in my reply to you, I didn't say it was in this thread. I also made it clear to you that "because I had posted a song from the bible, I had the impression that you were referring to that post about song". Why I had that misconception was because you mentioned "song" in your reply. I even re-posted the bible quote again, to correct what I thought was a mistake on your part. If my intention was to lie, I wouldn't re-post it.

Emusan:

Do you even ask yourself question sometimes about what you typed?

Because I can't see how a reasonable person will be talking as you do here.

It's not only sometimes, I carefully consider what I post all the time. When you said the quote wasn't about rape, I simply asked you a question, "Dividing the spoils of war, a girl or two for each warrior" means what?" It's left to you to tell me what it is, if it's not rape, not replying my question with another question. I don't know maybe it's a 'Romeo & Juliet' kind of romance, you tell me.

Emusan:

In your second screenshot you're the one who advised me to read the WHOLE CHAPTER which I did and replied TO THE SAME POST OF YOURS.

You're right, I asked you to read the whole chapter because I was surprised that you were denying that the quote was about rape. Song or not, when warriors yank girls from their family (after killing that family brutally), and share the girls (not boys), what other understanding do you have for this??

Emusan:

The bolded part is where the problem lies, you said yourself here that I said "VERSE ONE" did you ask yourself am I replying to the song you quoted or YOUR POST THAT I QUOTED?

And it's so evident from my post that I'm not even talking about the song you're talking about because what I wrote is so too clear for an intelligent one to conceive this is what I wrote after you advised me to read the whole chapter;

Analysis of the WHOLE CHAPTER
I then said *verse 1 was talking about a SONG sang BY DEBORAH AND BARAK* which I went ahead to quote the same verse 1 which says *on that day Deborah and Barak son of Abinoan sang this song*

It's obvious that you didn't even know anything about the verse you're talking about if not you'd have known who is Deborah and Barak or did the verse you quoted about song has the names Deborah and Barak?

Just continue to add to your delusion.

It's your own delusion that is strongest. I was simply explaining to you here that when I read your reply containing 'song', I immediately had the impression that you were referring to my post about song. Even though I took the time to upload shots and explain how the misunderstanding came about, you would still rather believe that I was just lying to you. What for?? You talk about intelligence, intelligence is not ever having misconceptions (only God is capable of that), it's being able to spot it and correct it accordingly. You say I don't know about the verse? Lol. At least I know enough to realize the kind of things that the bible condone!

Emusan:

I can't just stop laughing at your ignorance. You know yourself that that verse never talked about RAPE that's why you've to come with this awkward explanation.

Bookmark this

It didn't talk about rape, it talked about agape love. grin. What of the other two bible rape quotes that I posted? These ones..

10When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14 As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the Lord your God gives you from your enemies.

13Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.15“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16“They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Abeg stop spewing nonsense!!

For the rest of your empty repeated talks, I just have this to say to you:

BIBLE CONDONES RAPE: DEAL WITH IT!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 8:36am On Mar 09, 2015
thehomer:

Can you provide evidence for this?
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by malvisguy212: 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
plaetton:

the bible does not support slavery. slavery First, we must recognize that the Bible does not say God supports slavery. In fact, the slavery described in the Old Testament was quite different from the kind of slavery we think of today - in which people are captured and sold as slaves. According to Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed:

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he
sells him or he is found in his
possession, shall surely be put to
death." ( Exodus 21:16)

So, obviously, slavery during Old
Testament times was not what we
commonly recognize as slavery, such as
that practiced in the 17th century
Americas, when Africans were captured
and forcibly brought to work on
plantations. Unlike our modern
government welfare programs, there was no safety-net for ancient Middle
Easterners who could not provide a living for themselves. In ancient Israel, people who could not provide for themselves or their families sold them into slavery so they would not die of starvation or exposure. In this way, a person would receive food and housing in exchange for labor.

So, although there are rules about slavery in the Bible, those rules exist to protect the slave. Injuring or killing slaves was punishable - up to death of the offending party. Hebrews were
commanded not to make their
slave work on the Sabbath, slander a
slave, have sex with another man's
slave, or return an escaped slave. A
Hebrew was not to enslave his fellow
countryman, even if he owed him
money, but was to have him work as a
hired worker, and he was to be released
in years or in the year of jubilee (which
occurred every 50 years), whichever
came first. In fact, the slave owner was
encouraged to "pamper his slave"
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by thehomer: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Emusan:

Can you provide evidence for this?

You should read your Bible. Mary never gave consent to be impregnated by the Holy Spirit. She was simply told that she would be impregnated.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Kay17: 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
thehomer:

You should read your Bible. Mary never gave consent to be impregnated by the Holy Spirit. She was simply told that she would be impregnated.

But why is consent so important?! She could have ratified the act after it is done.
Re: Pastor Impregnates 20 Members Of His Congregation And Claims The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
thehomer:

So what is the essence of sending Angel to inform her?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

33 Degree Freemason Shaquille O'neal Admits Earth Is Flat- Ki Ogboni! / How To Brainwash The Christian Way. / Blood Sacrifice For Wealth, Life Partner, Child Bearing, Good Health, Long Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.