Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

How to enable WhatsApp call feature - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How to enable WhatsApp call feature (1528 Views)

How To Enable Whatsapp Video Calling On Your Phone / Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to enable WhatsApp call feature by smartbingari(m): 11:24am On Mar 05, 2015

Senior XDA member, mohamedrashad has shared a guide through which you can enable call activity on WhatsApp, even though you have not received an invitation for WhatsApp calling feature.

Unlike the older method, in this new method you do not have to root your Android smartphone to enable the feature.

Additionally, this method makes the call activity your home for WhatsApp forever, confirms the developers. But you need to have some basic knowledge about decompiling and editing xml files.

Check out the following guide if you wish to get WhatsApp call activity on your non-rooted smartphone.

Requirements

Latest WhatsApp apk Here
ApkTool
Notepad++

How to get WhatsApp call activity on your smartphone [Without root]

Step 1: Decompile WhatsApp
Using apk tool

Step 2: Open AndroidManifest.xml

Step 3: Search for the following code [Head over to the development thread for the codes]

Step 4: Change it to

Step 5: Now search for this line

Step 6: Change it to

Step 7: Compile and sign
Using apk tool

Step 8: Uninstall the old WhatsApp

Step 9: Install the modified version

And you are done. You should now be having calling feature enabled on your WhatsApp.

Or you can download the modified WhatsApp here
Download Here http://andronaija.com/topic124.html
Re: How to enable WhatsApp call feature by Whizpeter(m): 12:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
Bro smart... Share dz on the group na
Re: How to enable WhatsApp call feature by Ezenwa11(m): 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2015
All these steps Just to make calls? hell noooooo. I'm waiting to be invited.

2 Likes

Re: How to enable WhatsApp call feature by smartbingari(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ezenwa11:
All these steps Just to make calls? hell noooooo. I'm waiting to be invited.
you can just download the modified whatsapp
Re: How to enable WhatsApp call feature by smartbingari(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2015
Whizpeter:
Bro smart... Share dz on the group na
ok peter i will
Re: How to enable WhatsApp call feature by Baddestguyp(m): 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
or you can just buy recharge card and make ur call instead of all these stress. if I can afford data, I can definitely afford airtime
Re: How to enable WhatsApp call feature by Iyowuski: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
Baddestguyp:
or you can just buy recharge card and make ur call instead of all these stress. if I can afford data, I can definitely afford airtime

abi oh
the steps don pass call sef

(1) (Reply)

Huawei P8 Max / kkk / What Are Your Thoughts On This Latest LG G4 Pro Mobile Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.