₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,211,519 members, 4,827,702 topics. Date: Friday, 22 March 2019 at 03:16 AM

Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? (13017 Views)

[xender] How To Transfer From Phones That Requires The Receiver To Scan Barcode. / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why / Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 19, 2016
I had to ask this question because believe or not, a girl flashed me with whatsapp call. She literally called me and said call me back and hung up. I laughed so hard. I tried explaining to her that both parties were billed at the same bytes per second but she won't believe.

It was funny sha, I go still yab the girl well.

Who flashes on whatsapp?

10 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Mustiboy(m): 8:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Lol. They'd charge you at the same rate na. The girl sha na àláròró o

5 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by nitt: 9:56am On Oct 19, 2016
never knew the charges are on both caller and receiver.
Interesting!!

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by ollah2: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2016
It's the receiver. It's not a joke. I've tried it times without number and confirmed it's the receiver
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Turks: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2016
It goes both ways since it's some sort of VOIP...
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nbote(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2016
My broda no think am ooo. U'll send some gals airtime and they'll still flash or ask u to call back to thank you. And ironically if u owe her and eventually dash her money, she'll still ask of d money u owe even if d one u dash her na like 50k and wat u owe her na 5k.

12 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by calddon(m): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
It uses voice over internet protocol, both the caller and the callee will have their data allocation debited.

4 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by greenhulk: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2016
ollah2:
It's the receiver. It's not a joke. I've tried it times without number and confirmed it's the receiver

Wrong. Both parties are connected via internet so both will be billed. If u think it's just the receiver then u should also be able to make Whatsapp call when u don't have data. It's just like me sending u a file via Whatsapp. I use my data to upload it while u also use ur data to download it.

33 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by ollah2: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2016
greenhulk:

Wrong. Both parties are connected via internet so both will be billed. If u think it's just the receiver then u should also be able to make Whatsapp call when u don't have data. It's just like me sending u a file via Whatsapp. I use my data to upload it while u also use ur data to download it.

The question wasn't who pays but who pays more.

1 Like

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by greenhulk: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2016
ollah2:

The question wasn't who pays but who pays more.

Oh I see. In that case I don't know who pays more

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by ejikedozie: 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
the both parties are supposed to debited of the same amount. so no one pays more than the other.

1 Like

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Erums(m): 12:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
like seriously, thing are getting harder ...buhari come and hear this
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by duduade: 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2016
Dreamwaker stop hanging out with broke ass girls....
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Lagusta(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
I believe the question of "who pays more" depends on the network provider, network strength, and the download/upload rate.....

But why are you all worried about who pays more? I once made a WhatsApp call for about 1hr20mins and only about 20mb was deducted.....

So what's all the fuss about??

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Etesam(m): 1:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lagusta:
I believe the question of "who pays more" depends on the network provider, network strength, and the download/upload rate.....

But why are you all worried about who pays more? I once made a WhatsApp call for about 1hr20mins and only about 20mb was deducted.....

So what's all the fuss about??
Thanks for factual information.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by jesse8048(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Depends on ur network provider. If yours zap data like airtel then be rest assured u are paying more.

3 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by solace89(m): 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
lwkmd
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by donhils: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Billing is exactly the same unless your network provider charges higher like the old Airtel.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Fidelismaria(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
sho

me i nono say na both receiver nd caller ooo

me tink say na one way

well from now on i will stop receiving whatsapp call

recession dey ground no data to waste
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
duduade:
Dreamwaker stop hanging out with broke ass girls....
Lol if every man stops hanging out with broke girls, who will now hang out with them grin
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by henryobinna(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
both are charged the same.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by mikool007(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2016
Dreamwaker:
I had to ask this question because believe or not, a girl flashed me with whatsapp call. She literally called me and said call me back and hung up. I laughed so hard. I tried explaining to her that both parties were billed at the same bytes per second but she won't believe.

It was funny sha, I go still yab the girl well.

Who flashes on whatsapp?
Both parties are billed nd so far its a grl don't bother ur self, evn if dey r dying dey will still flash
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by BlackBaron: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Whatsapp call only costs about 3MB or so anyway.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
This recession is gradually turning people to economists.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
who needs an introverted boyfriend? i'm up for grabs. cool
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
na wah o,flash on a whatsapp call, that lady must be one hell of a stingy fellow

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by ademasta(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nu3L(m): 1:36am On Oct 20, 2016
I can't make the whatsapp call with the mtn one month whatsapp subscription..
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Olasco93: 5:39am On Oct 20, 2016
BlackBaron:
Whatsapp call only costs about 3MB or so anyway.
3MB per/hour, Minute or seconds?
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2016
both parties send and receive data, so both parties are charged. Tho I don't know if they ll b charged at the same rate. For instance whatsapp has the option of setting your call to LOW DATA USAGE which reduces the amount of data u use on call. I may activate mine and the person am calling may deactivate hers, so I guess this willl probably lead to differences in call rate (mb). I dont blame her tho, my mum used to think one party is charged until I told her how DATAFLOWS
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nu3L(m): 7:41am On Nov 02, 2016
I can't make the whatsapp call with the mtn goody bag monthly plan.....who's experiencing same??
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by nightwingjoash: 8:08am On Nov 02, 2016
jesse8048:
Depends on ur network provider. If yours zap data like airtel then be rest assured u are paying more.
I dont know why you hate airtel buh i barely used 10 mb on 2 hour call

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does Screen And Phone Idle Consume So Much Battery Juice? / 20 Times Photography Spoke Better Than Words. 20 Most Iconic Pictures Ever / Has MTN BB 10 Subscription Been Cancelled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.