Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) (27213 Views)

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by alaoeri: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2015
OgologoDimkpa:
He's fighting a lost battle cos the whole evidence is there for all to see embarassed
All na IGG--- Initial gra-gra
Evidence that can't be proof in a court of law, same Asiwaju was charge by code of conduct tribunal & scale through, AIT will hear am.

8 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by remsonik(f): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
Why not arrest him instead of airing any documentary against his person? The last time I checked tinubu is not under any immunity or is someone scared of the Jagaban??

8 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
When you fight corruption, corruption fights back. Tinubu, will prove to us, how he got the monies to own Oriental Hotels, Radisson Blu, TVC, The Nations Airline, and hundreds of hectars of landed assets criss-crossing the Lekki Peninsula.

I am waiting.

10 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
Good for him.....

I hope the court will lay a precedent....you just don't make your medium available for slander without consequences.

7 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by CyberTerrorist: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tinubu is just a dunce..they know you will head to court and has a handful of evidence to back their claim..like someone said, it's just happening the way they want it..game on cool

13 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
ilugunboy:
Good for him.....

I hope the court will lay a precedent....you just don't make your medium available for slander without consequences.

why did you edit your post? I have already read it before you did that.

Don't make me your problem on this forum undecided
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2015
Billyonaire:
When you fight corruption, corruption fights back. Tinubu, will prove to us, how he got the monies to own Oriental Hotels, Radisson Blu, TVC, The Nations Airline, and hundreds of hectars of landed assets criss-crossing the Lekki Peninsula.

I am waiting.

Hopefully........AIT will be able to bring solid evidence to convince the courts by going through the CAC's forms of these entities.

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2015
customized13:
why did you edit your post? I have already read it before you did that.

Don't make me your problem on this forum undecided
You were not the person i wished to quote.
but if you feel it hurts you.....that is your headache......

7 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by lilflipnerd: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
Ait is shown on daar sat and dstv which are satellite stations .. i bliv many countries view dis station. AIT is simply disgracing Nigerians in the international world. We should b careful what we say about ourselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

You were not the person i wished to quote.
but if you feel it hurts you.....that is your headache......
gerout already.

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2015
customized13:
gerout already.

Let us see how AIT will survive this

9 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Hopefully........AIT will be able to bring solid evidence to convince the courts by going through the CAC's forms of these entities.

Not really, you misunderstand. That's a SPONSORED programme. AIT has the rights to air any programme brought to it as far as it doesnt contravene the terms of reference of NBC. So, what Tinubu is doing is actually lame. AIT will NOT reveal the name of the sponsor of that ad, because there is an exisiting Non-Disclosure Agreement between the Broadcast House and the sponsor not to reveal the identity of the client.

Tinubu is only amplifying his corrupt image. He is holding on the straw, and guess what ? It is understandable, he is not as smart as people think he is.

12 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by mrrock: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Nigerians can now see the type of undemocratic people that are clamouring for change and democracy. Intolerant lots like Buhari and Tinubu who have no idea of what democracy represents. If you people are not ready to take the pressure from the media then back-off from this election!. Fools!.
If Jonathan wasn't a true democrat all the TV stations, radio stations in Nigeria including Nairaland.com would have been shut down on defamatory suits.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 06, 2015
Billyonaire:

Not really, you misunderstand. That's a SPONSORED programme. AIT has the rights to air any programme brought to it as far as it doesnt contravene the terms of reference of NBC. So, what Tinubu is doing is actually lame. AIT will NOT reveal the name of the sponsor of that ad, because there is an exisiting Non-Disclosure Agreement between the Broadcast House and the sponsor not to reveal the identity of the client.

Tinubu is only amplifying his corrupt image. He is holding on the straw, and guess what ? It is understandable, he is not as smart as people think he is.
I thought as much also, this is targeted at perturbing him and he's dancing to the tone.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by steppin: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2015
Billyonaire:

Educate the mofo. He sounds like he's lost.
PDP are waiting for Tinubu to make a useless move, so they can nail him to the wall, but he knows that already.
All this sue sue na wash! It's going nowhere.

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Billyonaire:

Not an excuse in law....

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by 9jatriot(m): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
masseratti:
I agree but making it clear that those documentaries were sponsored and reveling the sponsors would have shield him from various litigation,the documentary is full of loopholes half truth and lies,that's fallacy,am not a fan of Tinubu either I think his grip on power in Lagos is too much but I respect his game play in politics.

I suspect they usually write sponsored program on it when airing. As for the sponsors, I think they usually use a faceless group name . That should be part of the arrangement that increase the amount. The amount has to be humongous and that is all that matters for now. Most litigations get settled out of court. The calculation is simple. If GEJ wins, then he is protected, if GMB wins, he will lobby and curry favors. Its a win-win for Raymond from the way I see it
Mind you, NBC is looking the other way in all of these.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by poiu33: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
Is that a smart move by tinubu.. Can a man who live in glass house throw stone..

the court are going to open all the contract awarded under tinubu.

Can tinubu claim wayo, no dey inside..

3 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 06, 2015
Billyonaire:

Not an excuse in law....the law can actually compel AIT to reveals those behind the documentary

7 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Not an excuse in law....
It is not an excuse. It is a sponsored programme and I believe Tinubu understands it because he owns a TV Station and News Paper house. Although, I do not know his sources of these billions.

5 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2015
ilugunboy:

Not an excuse in law....the law can actually compel AIT to reveals those behind the documentary
The law is NOT against itself. There is no conflict in law. I do not expect you know this. I am sure the attornies will educate Tinubu on it.

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2015
redcliff:
I judt think pdp met their right match... money for money, man for man, resources for resources.. a man obj could not bring down, pdp under jonathan has got not footing against him. Lmao!

Lol you sincerely believe Tinubu has enough money to match the PDP? I laugh in Swahili. I see how far the PDP under GEJ lost footing indeed. With three elections in 3 sw states of ondo, ekiti and osun how many did Tinubu win? He couldn't even win a single local government in ekiti so so shameful

7 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by MzCorleone(f): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
Tinubu should G and D!!

2 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tenry(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Tinubu no get shame, wasting his time.
Na your papa money he wan spend or your unproductive time he wan waste?

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by gostudyeurope: 4:22pm On Mar 06, 2015
Study Study Study in the Czech Republic!!!!

Study in our partner university English program for admission 2015!!

Study!!!

Bachelor program Business Management and Corporate Finance
Bachelor program Marketing Communication
Master program Business Management and Corporate Finance
Master program Marketing Communication
MBA

Here are the basic admission requirements:

In order to receive student Admission letter you will have to provide US with the following through e-mail:

* Copies of Passport,
* Copies of Educational Certificates, WEAC/ B.SC transcript.
* Copy of Birth Certificate etc.

All the above mentioned documents should be in English

If the school decide to accept you. An interview will be organized via Skype. ( Pls only genuine students are admitted. If you come over to Czech Republic and you didn't turn-up to study WE/ our partner university will cancel your visa and turn you back to NIGERIA)

Admission will close Soon.. Contact us by email info@gostudyeurope.org
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by davidstones: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2015
The last time I heard that he that comes to equity must have a clean hand. Its evident that Tinubu's hand is sored with people's money and wealth so all this noise about his suing is nothing but to divert attention to the real issue about his STEALING with distinction with absolute precision.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by redcliff: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2015
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=31364184]

Lol you sincerely believe Tinubu has enough money to match the PDP? I laugh in Swahili. I see how far the PDP under GEJ lost footing indeed. With three elections in 3 sw states of ondo, ekiti and osun how many did Tinubu win? He couldn't even win a single local government in ekiti so so shameful[/quote

we both know what happened in Ekiti which is a discussion for another day. PDP is afraid of the Man. They should leave him alone!

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by repogirl(f): 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2015
okay then...... let the games begin and may the odds forever be in your favour, AIT!

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by henrysam(m): 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2015
Investigations will show if AIT is lying or not and I see more can of worms of tinubu being exposed here.
The freedom of information they refused to sign will forcefully invoke.
Tinubu should play it cool. I see it settled out of court
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tomzman: 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2015
Dokpesi is finished if AIT loses this case. First of all if they had enough evidence to backup the allegations raised in the documentary, EFCC would have been in the best position to take things up. Remember Tinubu had been tried but was acquitted of all the charges. Anyways let me fold my arms and watch as this drama plays out.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
redcliff:
I judt think pdp met their right match... money for money, man for man, resources for resources.. a man obj could not bring down, pdp under jonathan has got not footing against him. Lmao!

u cant compare tinubu's spending's from state treasury against AIT that will be bankrolled by the FG from the federation account
The legal battle will both be paid through lagos state treasury and from the federation account and the losers are the masses while the gainers are the political lawyers that will be engaged to dance around endlessly at the court while their gullible faithfuls applaud stupidly from online and offline.

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Babacele: 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
9jatriot:

Looking at it from a neutral point of view, you may be right, but as a business man Raymond has opted to join the side that can guarantee him PROTECTION and a large source of funds. You think those documentaries are free? The man is simply smiling at every bank alert because I suspect these documentaries will be at a special rate plus other enguje. These are good times for Raymond. That is simply looking at it from a business point of view o.
Then he should swallow the bitter pills of dirty money too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Impeachment Threat: I Am Ready To Negotiate With APC Lawmakers — Fayose / 2023: Buhari Will Not Support Tinubu’s Candidacy - Sule Lamido / Buhari’s Enugu Office In Celebration Mood Ahead Of Final Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.