Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) (27218 Views)

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by aresa: 1:12am On Mar 07, 2015
remsonik:
Why not arrest him instead of airing any documentary against his person? The last time I checked tinubu is not under any immunity or is someone scared of the Jagaban??

This is the madness and absurdity associated with their idiocy. You are spending money to show Nigerians that one man is corrupt while your durmy president with his law enforcement agencies sits on their hand while one man commits crime all over the place.

1. Is this Tinubu man more powerful than Nigeria, the Nigerian president and the Nigerian constitution?

2. Are you not confirming before Nigerians that your president is a weak, lazy, incompetent and corruption loving president?

To even take this absurdity a little further, the clueless and intellectual lazy clowns peddling this rubbish forgot to tell Nigerians that even the silly president they are carrying water bottle for put Tinubu on trial for the same corruption and found nothing hence their silly and idiotic case getting thrown out of court...

This kind of lawless and clownish silliness happens only in Nigeria...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by psalmsjob: 1:14am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Tinubu no get shame, wasting his time.
"Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Dis shows how foolish apc thugs re, I pity dem and dem generations!"

That's echoing what GEJ and PDP supporters are trying to do by still saying GEJ till 2015 despite his ultra-stealing and courrption infested government and gross mismanagement of the country over the past 6 years you're planning to still vote for him. Why? Doesn't that make you look brainwashed and clueless too?

Imagine what the president said about corruption openly; "Stealing is not Corruption!", about the Chibok girls he said; "they are ALIVE" but he failed to tell you that they're "dead" as well because they're neither WELL nor SAFE in Sambisa forest with bandits for a year under his watch.

If you have a child, you might have a slight idea of what it means to have her in this condition of being alive but in a forest with terrorists, however, if you don't have a child or lack the capacity to put yourself in other peoples shoes then you won't understand what we mean by #WeWantChange you'll just be shouting GEJ till "calamity" reaches your door mouth. God forbid, wise up my guy! #VoteForChange #SaiBuhari

4 Likes

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by hamingra: 1:15am On Mar 07, 2015
efilefun:
A former Lagos State governor and national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has formally sued African Independent Television (AIT) for the sum of N150 billion over an alleged defamatory documentary being aired on the station.
The decision of Tinubu to sue the station followed the refusal of AIT to meet the conditions set out in a letter by his lawyer Tunji Abayomi, to the broadcast station asking it to stop further airing of the documentary titled “Unmasking The Real Tinubu.”

Mr. Tunji Abayomi, had few days ago written to the Daar Communications, demanding an apology for the contnt of the documentary and further airing by the AIT.

The letter which also demanded for N20billion (Twenty Billion Naira) as cost of damage done to the reputation of its client failing which the client will sue the company, stated that the documentary was pre-occupied with political resentment and hatred neither warranted, necessary, proper, or justified.

But in its response, Daar Communications Plc rejected in their entirety the demands of Tunji Abayomi and co on behalf of Bola Tinubu and instead demanded a complete withdrawal of the letter under reference, which must be given wide publicity as that accorded the letter from the chambers of Tunji Abayomi.

Mike Ozekhome’s chambers on behalf on behalf of DAAR communications declares that AIT, in transmitting the documentary was only carrying out its constitutional responsibility to uphold the fundamental objectives of the constitution.

But not satisfied with the response of Daar Communications, Tinubu’s counsel, Tunji Abayomi proceeded with the filing of a suit demanding for a damage of N150 billion.

Although, details of the suit are still sketchy, Abusidiqu gathered that no less than four senior lawyers, including Wole Olanipekun, Femi Falana and Tunji Abayomi are all line up behind Tinubu to prosecute the case.

@AAPreporting

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178073-tinubu-sues-ait-for-n150-billion-over-controversial-documentary.html

abeg wetin concern AIT and this issue now? Why didnt it state who sponsored it to save its reputation! i dont see AIT getting out of this mess intact!

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by 9jauk: 1:20am On Mar 07, 2015
Tinubu unrepentant rogue,known as Jagarbatan in the world of crime - fearful, ruthless,dangerous and a terror in the society.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Moves: 1:25am On Mar 07, 2015
Both parties know once election I'd over case will die a natural death. Tinubu knows this; AIT knows it, this case most likely won't be heard in court until after election anyway so it's a face saving move by Tinubu. For those saying that AIT would be made to reveal who the sponsor are; who will make them ? The court's ? Will AIT not request the court's to instruct lagos state government to open its books on its dealings in the past 16 years, you and me know it will not make palatable reading for Tinubu and Co. Some of this allegations are weighty and some involving physical entities and assets in plain view, nobody will handover almost 1Billion dollars, without fighting hard...except of course you are one of those naive enough to think Tinubu is squeaky clean. The most I have seen on this board is people comparing level of corruption, good start at least we know that this guy's to an extent are all the same.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Chigold101(m): 2:06am On Mar 07, 2015
Weselion:
Lets see how this wan will end

waiting for when GEJ will sue Sahara reporters and other anti pdp magazines.
GEJ is too democratic to do such a thing.

The only problem i have with this report is that it state the court where the case is instituted.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Chigold101(m): 2:09am On Mar 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:
while we are still crying over the money he has stolen, the greedy fellow still had the guts to sue for #150billion.

What for?
Is it for your burial
what for? Humn...!

APC has run short of campaign fund... So you see... Tinubu needs the cash...lolzzz
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by WINFORTH: 2:12am On Mar 07, 2015
tomzman:
Dokpesi is finished if AIT loses this case. First of all if they had enough evidence to backup the allegations raised in the documentary, EFCC would have been in the best position to take things up. Remember Tinubu had been tried but was acquitted of all the charges. Anyways let me fold my arms and watch as this drama plays out.
I absolutely agree with you tomzman. For a man that was tried b4. ..The onus is now on AIT and the undisclosed sponsors to provide evidence in the court of law to justify the airing of the information provided. Remember there was a warning letter first to stop the airing and retract the allegations. I guess the first bone of contention in court is the identity of the sponsor. Unless AIT does that, then their defence is weak .N 150 billion is no joke. If This goes in favour of Tinubu, then AIT with its PLC parent Daar communication is gone. Tinubu's TVC will be N150 billion richer. Expanding nationwide. I think Dokpesi is forgetting that he say stakeholders in the company he is answerable to.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Chigold101(m): 2:12am On Mar 07, 2015
Efilefun this your post looks funny like as if it is not true. Which court Tinubu carry AIT go? And for which town & when was the case called up?

Over to u... Answer me now
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by akinladejo: 2:32am On Mar 07, 2015
AIT is pdp station and subjective in their reporting, no wonder Channel Tv an objective TV that came to Nigeria yesterday won Best Station for d nineth time
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by InvertedHammer: 2:37am On Mar 07, 2015
9jatriot:

Looking at it from a neutral point of view, you may be right, but as a business man Raymond has opted to join the side that can guarantee him PROTECTION and a large source of funds. You think those documentaries are free? The man is simply smiling at every bank alert because I suspect these documentaries will be at a special rate plus other enguje. These are good times for Raymond. That is simply looking at it from a business point of view o.
/
Then he is a bad business man because if the government changes and his opponent wins, knowing Nigeria and her peculiar issues, DAARs Communications will cease to exist.
OBJ and ElRufai played such dirty politics well through demolition Derby in Abuja.
\

\

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by nnachukz(m): 2:52am On Mar 07, 2015
Whoever sponsored that documentaries knows tinubu will go to court. His confidence and refusal to withdraw it is another pointer to that end. I hope tinubu is not walking into a trap?
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by arimahoseloka(m): 3:17am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Tinubu no get shame, wasting his time.
"Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Dis shows how foolish apc thugs re, I pity dem and dem generations!"
u are the biggest f.ool on planet earth. brainless beast. God punish Ur unborn generations. bastard
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by light004: 3:23am On Mar 07, 2015
I think, we need to educate ourselves first before making comments. Are there elements of truth in the documentary the answer is yes and rather than the people screaming to high heaven of the rape, injustice and crime committed by Tinubu we go around supporting him. Hate truly blinds. Apc supporters have allowed politics to block their reasoning and they say foolish things. If Buhari brings Nepa bill as certificate we will vote for him; now it's Tinubu despite the damaging revelation these supporters don't have the decency to call a spade a spade. Tomorrow, the same people will have the temerity to complain of bad governance. What a shame!!!! The People get the kind of leaders they deserve. I pity the youth; destroyed by lack of quality education they lack the ability for rational reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 07, 2015
Tinubu in finished, I just pity his Wife Remi

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by sammhi(m): 4:00am On Mar 07, 2015
Gabbysky:
Tinubu in finished, I just pity his Wife Remi

i can bet you thiis case wont be heard...nobi naija....Tinubu knows..he is just throwing banters.....
am sure he didnt file any court case...just some media pripaganda by his boys...it is all scam
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by html14java(f): 4:16am On Mar 07, 2015
Pls, can someone quote me and link me to the so called documentary. I wish to give my verdict too
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by oweman: 4:29am On Mar 07, 2015
9jatriot:

Looking at it from a neutral point of view, you may be right, but as a business man Raymond has opted to join the side that can guarantee him PROTECTION and a large source of funds. You think those documentaries are free? The man is simply smiling at every bank alert because I suspect these documentaries will be at a special rate plus other enguje. These are good times for Raymond. That is simply looking at it from a business point of view o.

Dokpesi is about to commit financial suicide with his irresponsble act on air .
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by MuttleyLaff: 4:30am On Mar 07, 2015
html14java:
Pls, can someone quote me and link me to the so called documentary. I wish to give my verdict too
AIT Documentary On Tinubu: Lion Of Bourdillion (Videos)
https://www.nairaland.com/2177548/ait-documentary-tinubu-lion-bourdillion
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by MuttleyLaff: 4:33am On Mar 07, 2015
DRANOEL:
I see Dokpesi going bankrupt again, most of the things in the documentary were allegations and unconfirmed. That is why a man is guilty until proven otherwise by the courts.
Think you meant to type, a man is innocent until proven guilty
otherwise it will be putting the cart before the horse
as understandably man is guilty until proven otherwise by courts in places like China or North Korea

Billyonaire:
When you fight corruption, corruption fights back. Tinubu, will prove to us, how he got the monies to own Oriental Hotels, Radisson Blu, TVC, The Nations Airline, and hundreds of hectars of landed assets criss-crossing the Lekki Peninsula.

I am waiting.
"Presumption of innocence" serves to emphasize that the prosecution has the obligation to prove each element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt (or some other level of proof depending on the criminal justice system) and that the accused - the Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom, bears no burden of proof

Billyonaire:
Not really, you misunderstand. That's a SPONSORED programme. AIT has the rights to air any programme brought to it as far as it doesnt contravene the terms of reference of NBC. So, what Tinubu is doing is actually lame. AIT will NOT reveal the name of the sponsor of that ad, because there is an exisiting Non-Disclosure Agreement between the Broadcast House and the sponsor not to reveal the identity of the client.

Tinubu is only amplifying his corrupt image. He is holding on the straw, and guess what ? It is understandable, he is not as smart as people think he is.

ilugunboy:
Not an excuse in law....the law can actually compel AIT to reveals those behind the documentary
That is right, they will be compelled to reveal those behind the documentary by the legal jargon called subpoena, or a "subpoena duces tecum" to be more accurate

Billyonaire:
When you fight corruption, corruption fights back. Tinubu, will prove to us, how he got the monies to own Oriental Hotels, Radisson Blu, TVC, The Nations Airline, and hundreds of hectars of landed assets criss-crossing the Lekki Peninsula.

I am waiting

doseni:
What if the ownership of this ventures can't be traced to him? Remember courts work with facts and concrete evidence, not just speculation. I feel if truly there is a concrete evidence against him, the pdp lead govt would have tried to use it to checkmate his influence long before now. Remember the code of conduct case. Just my own opinion thou.
Anyway accusations of presumption of guilt generally do not imply an actual legal presumption of guilt
The Jagaban of the Borgu Kingdom is innocent until proven guilty
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Badgers14: 4:53am On Mar 07, 2015
Remember OBJ dealt mercilessly with AIT, jailed reporters , ransacked their offices, office mysteriously caught fire, Dokpesi is just trying to recover some money from those losses grin grin but he kinda went too far, he should have played smart as in independent leaning PDP wink but he went all in. Watching the documentary, a good lawyer could make a fortune from AIT unless AIT have a reliable alibi and more than enough evidence. Considering both AIT and Tinubu's legal team,Tinubu got an upper hand, counsel to AIT is more of an activist than a high profile lawyer.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by generalissimo(m): 5:12am On Mar 07, 2015
Fucck Femi Falana!!!
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by babamadiba(m): 6:05am On Mar 07, 2015
9jatriot:

am an Apc supporting, but u just said it exactly the way it is.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by babamadiba(m): 6:06am On Mar 07, 2015
9jatriot:

am an Apc supporter, but u just said it exactly the way it is.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 07, 2015
It's now Dokpesi will know PDP is use and dump.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by dejsmiles(m): 6:23am On Mar 07, 2015
Tinubu just shot himself in d leg with dis move.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Celebrate, Rap Battle And Dance With Lt. Gen Buratai(pics,vid) / Samuel Omotoso: House Linked By EFCC To Fayose Is Mine / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.