Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) (27247 Views)

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / Melaye: Remi Tinubu Has Arrived Menopause, I Couldn't Have Said I'll Impregnate / Bola Tinubu Has Chronic Mouth Odour - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by chyket(m): 6:42am On Mar 07, 2015
This is already too late because the video is already in YouTube!Even if Tinubu wins this case in the court of Law,what happens in the court of the people.Everybody knows the truth and I don't really see anybody being influenced by this drama between Tinubu and AIT.
The major considerations in choosing our political affiliations in Nigeria remain INTEREST,TRIBE and RELIGION.
Until we as a people begin to hold our politician's accountable for their performance VI's a vis their electoral promises,we will not grow as a Nation

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by billyG(m): 6:54am On Mar 07, 2015
I see dokpesi & AIt going bankrupt again,even efcc & court has been been able 2 prove even half count charge on tinubu B4,now Ait while hav 2 prove she is better than efcc,dem go tell us if na dem hold BAT original land documents,aftrall BAT is not in govt.he has coys handling legitimate contracts.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by October1960: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2015
Even though I support GMB and will vote APC for presidential elections it is public knowledge that MOST Nigerian politicians and government officials are corrupt. I watched the AIT documentary and would not be surprised if more than 50% is true.

I think people should wonder where most Nigerians living flamboyantly in and out of the country got their wealth.

PDP or APC neither has been willing to prosecute and put a stop to it. Really it is just people trying to join in the stealing then go and pray in Church for forgiveness while the country crumbles.

Whether civilian or military the corruption has only increased over the past 30 or so years. Eventually when the oil money runs out, there will be the rich 1% whose parents stole money while in Government, and the other 99% who will suffer from lack of basic services such as education, health, infrastructure, etc.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Sobeautiful: 7:08am On Mar 07, 2015
Let the game begin cos a lot of dirty cans are going to be opened.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by October1960: 7:10am On Mar 07, 2015
The good thing with the AIT documentary is that perhaps all these corrupt Politicians and Government (past and present) officials will now start to throw mud at each other to expose the other candidate as "more corrupt". Most are corrupt I guess one steals $1 billion dollars another steals $1.5 billion dollars.

Hopefully they will let us know how much they are all stealing.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 07, 2015
with the kind of comments I have seen here, I wonder how these so called people clamouring for corruption free country wants it to happen.

what I see here is any revelation made against your own affiliated candidate is a propaganda from the opposition party. why can't you guys come down and take a critical look at the documentary to know if there is any atom of truth in it?
you guys think that AIT did not access the documentary before airing it?

with somebody being tried before and not found guilty doesn't automatically turns that person to saint or corruption free. how is this corruption going to be fought if we keep on thinking like this?
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by metorichmond(m): 7:15am On Mar 07, 2015
First it was 20b then AIT replied with a counter suit of 100b, now tinubu has increased his to 150b. Loool, these niggas ain't serious. Just playing with each other. Ait will soon reply with that of 200b. Long live my country!
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by oluamid(m): 7:19am On Mar 07, 2015
Billyonaire:

Not really, you misunderstand. That's a SPONSORED programme. AIT has the rights to air any programme brought to it as far as it doesnt contravene the terms of reference of NBC. So, what Tinubu is doing is actually lame. AIT will NOT reveal the name of the sponsor of that ad, because there is an exisiting Non-Disclosure Agreement between the Broadcast House and the sponsor not to reveal the identity of the client.

Tinubu is only amplifying his corrupt image. He is holding on the straw, and guess what ? It is understandable, he is not as smart as people think he is.

Well bro, part of the regulations of the NBC is that you don't air any defamatory material whether sponsored or not. I tell you, if AIT is found guilty by the court, NBC will be the first to punish them.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by saintandsinnerz: 7:20am On Mar 07, 2015
masseratti:
I agree but making it clear that those documentaries were sponsored and reveling the sponsors would have shield him from various litigation,the documentary is full of loopholes half truth and lies,that's fallacy,am not a fan of Tinubu either I think his grip on power in Lagos is too much but I respect his game play in politics.

How do u know the documentary is half truth and full of lies? Have you investigated to confirm whether it is true or not? Why are you lot so brainwashed by politicians like this?
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by OpraMenu(m): 7:23am On Mar 07, 2015
efilefun:
A former Lagos State governor and national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has formally sued African Independent Television (AIT) for the sum of N150 billion over an alleged defamatory documentary being aired on the station.
The decision of Tinubu to sue the station followed the refusal of AIT to meet the conditions set out in a letter by his lawyer Tunji Abayomi, to the broadcast station asking it to stop further airing of the documentary titled “Unmasking The Real Tinubu.”

Mr. Tunji Abayomi, had few days ago written to the Daar Communications, demanding an apology for the contnt of the documentary and further airing by the AIT.

The letter which also demanded for N20billion (Twenty Billion Naira) as cost of damage done to the reputation of its client failing which the client will sue the company, stated that the documentary was pre-occupied with political resentment and hatred neither warranted, necessary, proper, or justified.

But in its response, Daar Communications Plc rejected in their entirety the demands of Tunji Abayomi and co on behalf of Bola Tinubu and instead demanded a complete withdrawal of the letter under reference, which must be given wide publicity as that accorded the letter from the chambers of Tunji Abayomi.

Mike Ozekhome’s chambers on behalf on behalf of DAAR communications declares that AIT, in transmitting the documentary was only carrying out its constitutional responsibility to uphold the fundamental objectives of the constitution.

But not satisfied with the response of Daar Communications, Tinubu’s counsel, Tunji Abayomi proceeded with the filing of a suit demanding for a damage of N150 billion.

Although, details of the suit are still sketchy, Abusidiqu gathered that no less than four senior lawyers, including Wole Olanipekun, Femi Falana and Tunji Abayomi are all line up behind Tinubu to prosecute the case.

@AAPreporting

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178073-tinubu-sues-ait-for-n150-billion-over-controversial-documentary.html
my people can you see why obj resigned his pdp membership? I'm Sure Obj Would Not Have Supported The Airing of that documentary.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Isajaf: 7:28am On Mar 07, 2015
why you guys are after AIT tv what happen to TVC station that constantly discredit every good thing does by a sitting President, becaome an anti GEJ tools , abeg make una park well, you are dealing with intelligent Pple, Nigerians are wise now and can't tell us the true, watch the two tv stations and know who is deceiving who
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by thunder74(m): 7:34am On Mar 07, 2015
Sentiments aside. Truth is a defence of defamation of character and slander. The question is, are there truth in what AIT aired? Then be the judge. The numbers of SAsN on his team does not matter, only one will talk in court.
If Gani Fawehinmi and Rotimi Williams wake up, they can win against the truth. It is like mathematics.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tonychristopher: 7:35am On Mar 07, 2015
This is to show how daft and stupid tinubu is

Now let's assume that AIT stops

Will that idiot sue Facebook YouTube and other media that is uploading that

That tinubu should be ashamed

How did Yoruba people allow themselves to be used irrespective of their so called sophistication

Yet I have not seen a single top yoruba condemn it. Are they okay with tinubu ....

The way people act and reason is baffling
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tonychristopher: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2015
Nashoji:
with the kind of comments I have seen here, I wonder how these so called people clamouring for corruption free country wants it to happen.

what I see here is any revelation made against your own affiliated candidate is a propaganda from the opposition party. why can't you guys come down and take a critical look at the documentary to know if there is any atom of truth in it?
you guys think that AIT did not access the documentary before airing it?

with somebody being tried before and not found guilty doesn't automatically turns that person to saint or corruption free. how is this corruption going to be fought if we keep on thinking like this?

From my deduction i have come to see that majority of folks from south west lack deductive reasoning

Instead of sitting back and have a rethink how they are been used and embarrased they are herr making fool of themselves

Next they will say its igbo

Dont argue with them ...they are sophisticated
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Desric(m): 7:42am On Mar 07, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Tinubu no get shame, wasting his time.
"Even if AIT shows d video of tinubu and buhari stealing money, our foolish and brainwashed supporters will still vote for us! Imagine wad apc said abt dem supporters!
Dis shows how foolish apc thugs re, I pity dem and dem generations!"
How old are you my dear? Just asking.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 07, 2015
The game plan:

Frustrate him, he will go to court, then we will nail him there.
Tinubu is dafter than I thought.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tkwo: 7:58am On Mar 07, 2015
Billyonaire:

Not really, you misunderstand. That's a SPONSORED programme. AIT has the rights to air any programme brought to it as far as it doesnt contravene the terms of reference of NBC. So, what Tinubu is doing is actually lame. AIT will NOT reveal the name of the sponsor of that ad, because there is an exisiting Non-Disclosure Agreement between the Broadcast House and the sponsor not to reveal the identity of the client.

Tinubu is only amplifying his corrupt image. He is holding on the straw, and guess what ? It is understandable, he is not as smart as people think he is.
Please read what u wrote again. Does it make sense to u?
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tkwo: 7:59am On Mar 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

From my deduction i have come to see that majority of folks from south west lack deductive reasoning

Instead of sitting back and have a rethink how they are been used and embarrased they are herr making fool of themselves

Next they will say its igbo

Dont argue with them ...they are sophisticated

Continue fooling yourselve
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by tkwo: 8:03am On Mar 07, 2015
tonychristopher:
This is to show how daft and stupid tinubu is

Now let's assume that AIT stops

Will that idiot sue Facebook YouTube and other media that is uploading that

That tinubu should be ashamed

How did Yoruba people allow themselves to be used irrespective of their so called sophistication

Yet I have not seen a single top yoruba condemn it. Are they okay with tinubu ....

The way people act and reason is baffling
Please reason for once! Can u compare development in Lagos now to how it was 16 years ago? Lagos state is now the 3rd best economy in Africa. Who are those that made it happen? If u are staying In Lagos u will see this. Please we need to not just accept anything brought to us. we need to think!
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by fasbat(m): 8:04am On Mar 07, 2015
masseratti:
Brilliant, Raymond Dokpesi is going too far with his affairs with politics, nothing wrong with owing a TV station and being a politician but you have to let it be neutral to an extent, the documentary has so many loopholes,those lawyers will take him to the cleaners,btw Mike Ozhekome is not that brillant, he is more of an activists than a lawyer.
I love d set-up, Chief WOLE Olaonipekun SAN of Tinubu\APC vs Mike Ozhekome SAN of Dokpesi\PDP..d fire-work in court will be a scene to behold...AIT shd suffer d reckless and unprofessionalism ..
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Okeikpu(m): 8:10am On Mar 07, 2015
mrrock:
Nigerians can now see the type of undemocratic people that are clamouring for change and democracy. Intolerant lots like Buhari and Tinubu who have no idea of what democracy represents. If you people are not ready to take the pressure from the media then back-off from this election!. Fools!.
If Jonathan wasn't a true democrat all the TV stations, radio stations in Nigeria including Nairaland.com would have been shut down on defamatory suits.
I hope those apc dogs ll understand ths ur msg..(・∀・)

1 Like

Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by ndcide(m): 8:19am On Mar 07, 2015
lilflipnerd:
Ait is shown on daar sat and dstv which are satellite stations .. i bliv many countries view dis station. AIT is simply disgracing Nigerians in the international world. We should b careful what we say about ourselves

And you don't say same when APC supporters destroy the country just to bring down GEJ and gain power.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by MikelMerry(m): 8:28am On Mar 07, 2015
Good
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by neocortex: 8:29am On Mar 07, 2015
gabriel212:
BAT get my approvals for this. I dont c anything wrong in havin a TV Station but you must be cautious of what you air and try to be non sentimental. I and some ppl I know stop watching ait since the -ve remarks on the Peoples General.

Sentiments can freely be expressed by a TV or Radio station provided it is abased on facts which is the case.
Any aggrieved person should go to court or remain silent forever. Moreover, people that can't stand criticism do not deserve leadership role.
Many lies have been told about GEj for years now and I haven't heard of any court case against any media house.
Up Freedom of speech.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by abokikhalifa: 8:32am On Mar 07, 2015
Ochiske:

cheesy cheesy grin
that guy foolishness no be here
I dey tell you
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by adedaraifeoluwa: 8:50am On Mar 07, 2015
nationwide1:
I hope he won't cry foul when he is exposed the more and complainant turns defendant.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by ALAYORMII: 8:52am On Mar 07, 2015
Billyonaire:

Do you actually believe Tinubu is not as intelligent as people think he is?

A who went against OBJ and came out on top and you think this GEJ can stand him despite having federal might.

When he went against OBJ, he was the only one and now that he has more supporters and states under him you think he's unintelligent.

For Mii he's the master politician
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by komek(m): 8:56am On Mar 07, 2015
masseratti:
Brilliant, Raymond Dokpesi is going too far with his affairs with politics, nothing wrong with owing a TV station and being a politician but you have to let it be neutral to an extent, the documentary has so many loopholes,those lawyers will take him to the cleaners,btw Mike Ozhekome is not that brillant, he is more of an activists than a lawyer.

Have u ever listened to TVC and The Nations NewsPapers own by Tinubu? They have never said anything good about this govt and they have been working solely for APC. So take a chilled pill.

As for the Lawyers rePresenting AIT; Ozhekome when it starts we will find out if he is the only Lawyer AIT uses.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by melvin0004(m): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2015
Weselion:
Lets see how this wan will end

waiting for when GEJ will sue Sahara reporters and other anti pdp magazines.
gej is peace loving n dnt need an money as damages unlike thief tinubu who sees every avenue as business. ....gej till 2019..
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by masseratti: 9:19am On Mar 07, 2015
komek:

Have u ever listened to TVC and The Nations NewsPapers own by Tinubu? They have never said anything good about this govt and they have been working solely for APC. So take a chilled pill.

As for the Lawyers rePresenting AIT; Ozhekome when it starts we will find out if he is the only Lawyer AIT uses.
as a matter of facts I watched TVC couple of days ago immediately the finished reporting about the activities of Ambode and Fashola the next report was a coverage of Agbaje to an Igbo leader in kilo Surulere, I was impressed.its a big lie if there are things that are good those media outlet will air and write about it.
Re: Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Has Formally Sued African Independent Television (AIT) by Teenaira: 9:23am On Mar 07, 2015
No. No. No.
I think Tinubu got it all wrong for going to court for 150 Bn if this is true for 2 reasons.

1. The very serious issue is being trivialized. The next thing that might happen is that AIT will sue for May be 500 Bn and so on.
2. Our courts are being dragged into this rubbish and if care is not taken, the court will be rubbished too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan To Commission Ekiti's First Flyover Today / 2019 Election Postponement: INEC Official Statement (Photo) / List Of Senate Presidents & Speakers Of The House Of Representatives Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.