Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic (1666 Views)

Can I Steam Wash My Nissan Pathfinger 2003 Engine / Heating Issue Wit My Nissan Primera / HELP! My Toyota Camry '98 Radiator Shortens Water On Long Distance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by babeface3: 11:10pm On Mar 06, 2015
My Nissan Extera 2001 jeep, especially after the engine has got heated in traffic or due to long journey, ceases to accelerate, breaks sounds and sometimes goes of. after cooling off the engine starts normally and moves. I notice this also when i use the AC for a while. The temperature metre shoes its not overheating and the plugs are in good condition.

I would like to know the cause of this.
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by 247humble: 3:55am On Mar 07, 2015
M
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:39am On Mar 07, 2015
babeface3:
My Nissan Extera 2001 jeep, especially after the engine has got heated in traffic or due to long journey, ceases to accelerate, breaks sounds and sometimes goes of. after cooling off the engine starts normally and moves. I notice this also when i use the AC for a while. The temperature metre shoes its not overheating and the plugs are in good condition.

I would like to know the cause of this.

Fuel pressure issues, check fuel filter and fuel pump. Also scan vehicle for errors and post results here.
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by mayor2013: 7:22am On Mar 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Fuel pressure issues, check fuel filter and fuel pump. Also scan vehicle for errors and post results here.

I concur.low fuel preasure coupled with the fact that he drives with the Ac makes it kill the already weak pump.
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by doroboss(m): 9:57am On Mar 07, 2015
mayor2013:

I concur.low fuel preasure coupled with the fact that he drives with the Ac makes it kill the already weak pump.

what is the relationship between a.c killing fuel pump? undecided

loss in power due to low fuel pressure, will not kill a dying fuel pump any faster, they are in different locations. angry
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by mayor2013: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2015
mayor2013:

I concur.low fuel pressure coupled with the fact that he drives with the Ac makes it kill the already weak pump.
[b][/b]
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by mayor2013: 11:30am On Mar 07, 2015
doroboss:

what is the relationship between a.c killing fuel pump? undecided

loss in power due to low fuel pressure, will not kill a dying fuel pump any faster, they are in different locations. angry

Am sure that you were much interested in challenging that but don't you think it was better you comprehend what was written rather than jumping too fast. Let me break it down. For you as simple as "ABC" the op has a weak pump already right. He continues to use his Ac resulting to more work force on the pump. That for sure would cause the car's problem since his fuel pump pressure of the car is low. If this was the reverse of the case he is more safe using his Ac without any hassle. Pointout in my response where i said loss in power due to low fuel pressure will kill a fuel pump faster undecided
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by chillex8(m): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2015
the nut-jobs have arrived cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by doroboss(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
mayor2013:

Am sure that you were much interested in challenging that but don't you think it was better you comprehend what was written rather than jumping too fast. Let me break it down. For you as simple as "ABC" the op has a weak pump already right. He continues to use his Ac resulting to more work force on the pump. That for sure would cause the car's problem since his fuel pump pressure of the car is low. If this was the reverse of the case he is more safe using his Ac without any hassle. Pointout in my response where i said loss in power due to low fuel pressure will kill a fuel pump faster undecided

as usual you will require a lecture.

Most fuel pumps are designed to pump an excess of 8bars, the pressure regulatory valve which could be located inside the pump case or on the injector rail reduces the amount of pressure to between 3-4bars(most regular vehicles this inclusive) it does this by providing relief and the excess is returned to the fuel tank via a return line or is done inside the case.

now IF the fuel pump is faulty or dying its pressure output reduces (less than 3-4bars) (which would make the car sluggish, misfire,.......) the amount of fuel pressure the injector requires is bellow the standard requirement, hence a loss in power which becomes more obvious when the a.c is turned on.

summary

1.There is noticeable loss in power in a vehicle that has no problems when the a/c is turned on.

2.The fuel pump will not provide more fuel because you turned the a/c on, that's the job of the (injectors/ecm)

3.The faulty fuel pump is not working any harder cause its still pumping the same low amount of pressure that it was pumping b4 the a/c was turned on.
4. The a/c is extra load on the engine performance not the fuel pump.

doroboss cool

3 Likes

Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by doroboss(m): 2:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
chillex8:
the nut-jobs have arrived cheesy

i have been watching you, you seem to like trouble wink

3 Likes

Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by nurey(m): 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
Doroboss and mayor2013 going HEAD2HEAD since 140AD grin

Your argument and counter challenge always bring out the best in us, you guys should keep up the challenge but don't let it degenerate into outright war or hatred. PEACE MEN
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:21pm On Mar 07, 2015
nurey:
Doroboss and mayor2013 going HEAD2HEAD since 140AD grin

Your argument and counter challenge always bring out the best in us, you guys should keep up the challenge but don't let it degenerate into outright war or hatred. PEACE MEN
grin
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by Kashif(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
Mayor will always be Mayor - leaping before looking, which appears to be working for him. undecided

He just drops verdicts anyhow.

3 Likes

Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by Ricmayak1: 4:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, throttle position sensor, fuel pump relay, engine electronics relay, air leak, MAP/MAF.
Re: My Nissan Extera Gets "Tired" After Doing Some Work On Long Journey Or Traffic by abuhubaidah: 2:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
run a scan bro.if in lagos you can visit our workshop at Alagomeji in lagos or call 08099421303

(1) (Reply)

A Flood Car Just Arrive 4rm Usa......lets Talk On It / Corolla 2009-2012 AIR VENT / Introducing The 2019 Eeuro Racing Audi R8 LMS GT4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.