Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,864 members, 7,862,856 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing - Phones (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing (1109840 Views)

How To Root Infinix Hot Note X551 Android 5.1 Lollipop / This Infinix Hot Note Is Only N23,500. Will You Buy? - Jim's BIG Thing / Infinix Hot Note X551 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (508) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
tecnolad:
the long awaited 0925 version of the Infinix hot note lollipop upgrade is out and will be open for OTA upgrade tomorrow: http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=839&extra=page%3D1
Race you there bro cheesy
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Opistorincos(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
sonofananimal1:
maybe your cord is not good or you are using a old Windows OS. Cos Windows xp don't recognize this kind of phone. Unless 7 and above

I dey use windows 8.1
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Lanreallenjay: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pls those that rooted and installed custom recovery, how do you update? Do you also flash stock recovery back?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by abionaalli(m): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
LeoFish92:
Guys, I don't know what's happening to my playstore : Whenever I try downloading big sized games such as asphalt 8 or Nova 3, it gives me error message once it reaches 99%
I've cleared playstore cache in the settings yet the problem persists

I've experienced this before. The problem was that kit Kat was not allowing large apps access the phone's memory. I changed Default write disk (set the default memory) to SD card and that solved the problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by stixz(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pls,How do I know if my phone is 0730 or 0925
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by corlin2(m): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
stixz:
Pls,How do I know if my phone is 0730 or 0925
Go to about phone and check on build Number
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
Chyjoey:
Race you there bro cheesy

Bros can I flash the last update from KitKat with sp tool?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Oklander: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
tecnolad:
the long awaited 0925 version of the Infinix hot note lollipop upgrade is out and will be open for OTA upgrade tomorrow: http://bbs.infinixmobility.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=839&extra=page%3D1
So, guys on kitkat would not receive nor be able to upgrade through OTA right, except through sp tools first?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Chyjoey(m): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
donshady:

Bros can I flash the last update from KitKat with sp tool?
yeah.. of course you can..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Adewummy007: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
I have been reading a lot about infinix for the past one week and am yet to be convinced on which to buy.
I need clarifications
1. Is the IHN 2 same as IHN Pro.
2. Which is better between IHN Pro and Infinix Zero 2
Need advice on which infinix to buy. Thanks in advance.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Justiceotuya(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
tecnolad:
i went to the site to download it. what is the BC and A1 in the picture below. how is it used

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Justiceotuya(m): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Adewummy007:
I have been reading a lot about infinix for the past one week and am yet to be convinced on which to buy.
I need clarifications
1. Is the IHN 2 same as IHN Pro.
2. Which is better between IHN Pro and Infinix Zero 2
Need advice on which infinix to buy. Thanks in advance.
1. the IHN 2 is not same as the pro. the pro was a promotional infinix hot note sold by jumia which had the same spes with the infinix hot note but bundled with 2gb ram and 32 gb rom whereas the IHN 2 comes with lolipop 5.1 straight from he box, has 2gb ram 16 gb storage but a meager 2200mah

2. for your number two question i go this off a page " Low processor speed and high battery capacity combination makes Hot Note a hard rocker when it comes to delivering best battery life which is very essential. The Zero 2 processor demands more battery capacity than what's implanted in it, 2.0GHz octa-core with 2,300mAh is not enough (power banks might help). It would have helped if Quick Charging is onboard or a pre-loaded battery saving app but unfortunately non exist."
here is the link for further clarification http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2015/06/comparison-infinix-zero-2-x509-vs.html
hope i have been able to help you with your question?

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Justiceotuya:

i went to the site to download it. what is the BC and A1 in the picture below. how is it used

The 16gb +1gig ram
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by tecnolad(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Justiceotuya:

the one with BC is for hn 16+2 and 32+2 while the A1 is for hn 16+1, if you understand me
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by tecnolad(m): 8:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oklander:
So, guys on kitkat would not receive nor be able to upgrade through OTA right, except through sp tools first?
you won't be able to upgrade from kitkat to lollipop without going through the process of using sp flashtool
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Justiceotuya(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
donshady:

The 16gb +1gig ram
its not it. if you look up there is the link for the ROM of both the pro and the 16+1
but i think that is an additional file. i dont know which and how it is used
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Oklander: 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
tecnolad:

you won't be able to upgrade from kitkat to lollipop without going through the process of using sp flashtool
Pls, can you help, in a simple way as possible, outline the steps to upgrade using sp tools.?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Lanreallenjay: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Justiceotuya:

its not it. if you look up there is the link for the ROM of both the pro and the 16+1
He is very correct, anything aside from what he said is equal to bricking bro... A is for 16+1 while BL is for 16+2 and 32+2
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
Justiceotuya:

Bro Infinix hot note is 16gb ROM and I gig ram.
The ROM is about 800+mb..
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Lanreallenjay:

He is very correct, anything aside from what he said is equal to bricking bro... A is for 16+1 while BL is for 16+2 and 32+2

So can u just give a detailed explanation about the 16+1
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
Everyone should just download the first 16+1
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Hotdiamond(m): 10:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
I just updated mine to 0925 version.
Better camera ish.
Manual camera controls.
Optimized RAM.
Smoither UI.
Cant say anthing about the battery for now.
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 10:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hotdiamond:
Better camera ish.
Manual camera controls.
Optimized RAM.
Smoither UI.

Bros you dey vex ooo...
I never download am finish sef.. Shey na sptool u use flash am?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Oklander: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hotdiamond:
Better camera ish.
Manual camera controls.
Optimized RAM.
Smoither UI.
Can you help with a simplified outlines of how to use sp tools to upgrade from kitkat to lollipop,?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oklander:
Can you help with a simplified outlines of how to use sp tools to upgrade from kitkat to lollipop,?

You've to be real careful when flashing your device bro
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
FIRST STEP

Download the ROM
You need to download the upgrade package first; if you are willing to download it on your phone then you should head straight to the Google Playstore and download an App called Mega. To download the package on your PC, download directly from HERE.

Send it to your computer, if you downloaded via phone. Extract it to your desktop.

SECOND STEP

Set-up your Computer
This could be the hard part.

Download SP Flashtool HERE. After downloading it, extract it to your desktop then launch the “flash_tool.exe” file inside.

Download VCOM tools HERE. You’ll need to read everything on this as it has a how-to guide:

First disable Driver Signature enforcement on Windows 8,8.1 and 10.
Then install the necessary drivers.
This is very important. Nothing will work without setting this process up properly.
After setting up the VCOM tools, you need to launch the SP Flashtool and then:

Click on Scatter Loading
Look for a text file from the ROM you had downloaded called “MT6592_Android_scatter.txt”
Wait for the SP Flashtool to compile its own stuff.
Select Firmware Upgrade option
You can see the images below to know where “Scatter Loading” and “Firmware Upgrade” can be found.

THIRD STEP

Phone set-up
Before continuing, you need to go to your device. Go to settings –> Developer Options –> Enable USB debugging. If you don’t see Developer Options, go to About Phone and click on Build Number until it says “You’re now a developer”.

Then Enable Debugging
Remove your phone Memory card.
Switch it off.
Pray everything works.
FOURTH STEP

Actual Flashing
After switching off the phone, go back to your computer. Go to the SP Flashtool Window. Click on the Download Button near the Stop Button.

Now connect your phone with the computer through the USB cable. Wait for the magic.

You will only be done when you see a big White Tick on a Greenish-Yellow background. Otherwise don’t remove/disconnect phone.

FIFTH STEP

Reboot
It will take quite some time to reboot. Be patient. When it boots, you will meet a whole new experience:
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by ugwum007(m): 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
what is the effect of upgrading a rooted infinix hot note to lollipop cos I ve downloaded everything but my fone is rooted?
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by tecnolad(m): 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oklander:
Pls, can you help, in a simple way as possible, outline the steps to upgrade using sp tools.?
follow the link i attached with the fist post i made about the 0925 lollipop update, and download the compatible rom for your phone, then follow the steps in this post: http://www.tecnolad.com/2015/08/upgrade-infinix-hot-note-to-android-50.html

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by donshady(m): 12:12am On Sep 26, 2015
ugwum007:
what is the effect of upgrading a rooted infinix hot note to lollipop cos I ve downloaded everything but my fone is rooted?

Unroot before upgrade man
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by stixz(m): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2015
corlin2:

Go to about phone and check on build Number
Is my device 0730 or 0925?

Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by corlin2(m): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2015
stixz:

Is my device 0730 or 0925?
Your device is 0612 . an old firmware version
Re: Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing by Justiceotuya(m): 7:13am On Sep 26, 2015
donshady:

Unroot before upgrade man
How do i unroot? I thought this flashing of a thing will not brick the phone. The phone only eventually bricks when you do ota update. Please clarify for us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (508) (Reply)

How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc / Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.