Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain (69186 Views)

Photos Of Nigerian Masquerade Spotted In Spain / Sad! See This Instagram Page Insulting Black Men / Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 6:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fulaman198:

In addition to Fulani and also Songhai (Zarma) who were very active as well. The problem is that most Southern Nigerians don't know the history of their northern counterparts because they spend too much time kissing Oyibo man's rear end.

In fact, I'm willing to say that more Fulani and Songhai were a part of that army since you can find Songhai and Fulani in both Niger and Mali. Mande are mainly in southern Mali

Zarma?? Who calls them that?

grin grin you don't see me kissing anybody's behind

Yh but were fulani already at Niger by the 8th century?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by gatiano(m): 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxxaxa

You do not have any idea of what technological advancement means. you don't know who you are. we are a billion light years ahead of this whiteman's or european tech you are so facinated about.

No joke with your elders sister. however just work hard on your own pending the time.
MarieSucre:
I'm a negro. The europeans are whooping ass with their technological advancements. i'm interested in how exactly you rate civilisations or being civilised?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by pazienza(m): 6:30pm On Mar 07, 2015
Black people come in different hues and different features, they must not all look like lupita nyongo!

This is one of the ways the whites use to rewrite black history, by creating a monolithic image of how blacks should look, while at the same time wanting us to believe that the Scandinavians and the Italians are of the same stock, despite obvious morphological differences between them.

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by SirShymexx: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2015
macof:

Lol. The guy is my doozy but he's going to start claiming that you hate Fulanis now.

I remember I used to go on Fulani threads and laud some of the culture. But the day some chic must have created a disingenuous about Fulanis' reach and political prowess in West Africa, and how I countered them as pure lies. And that apart from Nigeria, Fulanis don't really hold much weight politically in the region.

In Guinea where they're the overwhelming majority and almost twice the population of Mandinkas - they're ruled by Mandinkas. Ditto Senegal where the Wolofs run the country. Etc.. These are based on facts. And I gave it to Mandinka people. Since then, ol'boy has been calling me a Fulani hater. grin grin grin
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
blackjack21:

One word.
LAZY

15:09:46
Sat, Mar 7, 2015

I'm lazy and I kw it. tongue
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by 12ema: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2015
gatiano:
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxxaxa

You do not have any idea of what technological advancement means. you don't know who you are. we are a billion light years ahead of this whiteman's or european tech you are so facinated about.

No joke with your elders sister. however just work hard on your own pending the time.

Seriously? i would really like for you to itemize these wonderous technological achievements that outshine that of the western world. For this to be valid. It must be an extensive list. Not just one random example. And it must not be a copy of an existing marvel. I am waiting.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Fulaman198(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
macof:

Yes western Niger, they speak a different dialect similar to the Fulani in Mali.

The Songhai have many subgroups (Zarma and Dendi).
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fulaman198:

So you think black people are monolithic? They are black. They may not have your stereotypical what must southern Nigerians call 'Bantu' looks. However, you are honestly not going to say they are black:

They can easily pass for a Fulani or other Sudo-Sahelian groups

well all blacks don't look the same but berbers look too different from us and am nt jst talking skin but hair and facial features, I used to wonder why Africans would look like that.
I've seen a couple Tuaregs and they don't fit my definition of black, they aren't pure like Bantus and other major West Africans maybe due to too much stay in the desert away from the tropics and green forests but why the less black in the skin

And how black are fulani? Compared to Wolof and other sub-Saharan Africans
Can u post good pictures of wolof? let's see the difference

I don't think u would agree but I say fulani have mixed with berbers (who I don't consider to be blacks) in the past to produce the many stock of fulani we see today or could it be because you are from the far ends of the Atlantic coast?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Fulaman198(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
MarieSucre:
I'm a negro. The europeans are whooping ass with their technological advancements. i'm interested in how exactly you rate civilisations or being civilised?

You can open a separate thread for that and I'll be more than happy to respond since that's my area of expertise
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2015
12ema:

Yes, that's right? No mind the OP joo. History is not important jare. Who cares where we came from. What is important is psquare, yemi alade and all other nollywood makers and shakers. He should have posted topics similar to that. Who needs to be educated anyway? I'm with you.

na my body u dey carry style pour word abi? ogbeni betadey yur lane o
mo raye shii mehnnnnn
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fulaman198:

How exactly are you 'outying' me with false testimonies? If you were to say Fulani have only been in Nigeria since the 1700s you would have been correct.. What you don't realize is that Fulani people were on other parts of west Africa (especially Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, etc) way long before arriving in Nigeria on Camel and horseback.

The whole admixture stuff is and was bull crap as most White scientists have admitted. Sorry that we all can't look like Bantus like you would have wanted. However we are still black.

The admixture talk was just whites trying to claim Fulani people.

I don't think the bolded is correct. There is a record of Fulani scholars from Mali coming to Kano and passing on to Borno in the time of Sarkin Kano Yakubu Dan Abdullahi Burja (1452 - 1463). I'm looking at a reference right now from 'Sudanese Memoirs' compiled by R Palmer.

I've equally encountered records that the Torodbe clan (from which Usman Dan Fodio came) have been in the Sokoto area since at least the 15th century.

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by SirShymexx: 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
Fulaman,

Make sure you post the Fulanis' ajami script cos all the groups involved in Songhay empire had that script. That was the script they used in writing all the books which were destroyed in Timbuktu's library by the Moroccans. The Hausas have that script. cool
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by uncjay(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
Sorry too long for me maybe another time..... And to those gullible folks who cannot do without islamic sentiment pls try to liberate yourselves...
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by blackjack21(m): 6:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
jacksparrow1207:

I'm lazy and I kw it. tongue

Being lazy is better than being stupid.
Keep it on

18:43:36
Sat, Mar 7, 2015
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Demmzy15(m): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2015
MarieSucre:
Muslim invaders were not stopped at France, they were stopped at the gates of Vienna. And you talk like the muslim invaders just came and met empty land. what happened to the Visgothic kingdom who were already christians and jews, did they not attack them? abi was it beg they begged them before they started ruling them. pls google "arian christianity". And Jerusalem? have you forgotten what Abu Ubaydah and Khalid ibn Walid did? what about the Rashidun Caliphate's siege? Freedom of religion my foot! pls define the term "dhimmi" for my fellow nairalanders. *note* your ancestors would have being polytheist so you wouldn't even qualify as a dhimmi. Best wishes.
The Muslims were stopped in modern day France in the "Battle of Tours" by Charles Martel, so learn history well before you come here!

Abu Ubaydah and Khalid were the Companions Prophet Muhammad, they defended the Prophet when the Byzantine Empire wanted to wipe out Islam!!! What is Rashidun Caliphate Seige?!! !! Please explain further!!

Arian Christians have nothing to do with you, this is a Non-Trinitarian, which is attributed to Arius! They don't believe in trinity, but only God just like we Muslims!

The definition of a Dhimmi is a non-Muslim living under the protection of the Muslim state. The Prophet Muhammad said "anyone who kills a Dhimmi shall not smell the fragrance of paradise(he is going to hell)". The superb Caliph Umar Ibn al-Khattab on his death bed stressed that Muslims must protect and not oppress the Dhimmi. Dhimmis could be Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Idol worshipper, atheist etc. With this in mind, let's compare the conditions of Jews in an Islamic State vs Jews in a Christian State?! please show us the difference, be sincere!

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by SirShymexx: 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2015
This is the Wolof version of the Ajami script. I'll find the Hausa and Mandinka version in a bit. The Dogon as well.

Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
12ema:

Everything is always delicious on paper, that is until you have to taste it. ISIS and boko haram are right now going back to the strict dictates of mohammed and Islam by killing whoever does not agree with the Muslim faith. That was how it was back in the day and it was legitimized by the quran. We are supposed to move forward not retreat back to archaic tenets. I don't know about you but 10 to 15 people determining the fate of thousands of people is not democracy. I presume you went to school; was that how democracy was defined to you?

moving forward has nothing to do with religion that's why I say dump dumb religions like christianity and Islam and free Africans from useless and unprofitable Arab and European culture and beliefs

Where did I say democracy? Separation of power means democracy in ur language?? Where did u school?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by SirShymexx: 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hausa alphabets in Ajami.

[img]http://aflang.humnet.ucla.edu/Hausa/Pronunciation/Writeimages/wrrom%26ar.gif[/img]
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by gatiano(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Well, in time you would see. This generation has been classified as the luckiest generation. Why? we are the generation that will witness what is about to come down.

i'd love to boost more about my very black ancestors and the Elders.

The sun is about 93,000,000 miles away from the blackman's earth(this one), Do you know or can you believe that we can reach the sun in just 93 minutes? not just that, we would enter the sun, probably refuelling( i don't know what they are doing there YET), and then come out again fresh and no stress. One thing i do know is there is no fire without firewood or kerosene or methane.

Do you know or can you believe that the purpose the blackman made internet is for what is now happening here on this tread?

About the list? do you think we are 100,000,000 years old people? go back home and talk respectfully with the chiefs of your clan, they may reveal the truth of the universe to you, if you deserve it YET. it looks like you don't YET.

The mathematics that was used to build just the pyramids 9000years ago, the over hyped europeans can't still solve it yet.
There is a tile plate in some place in india, a perfect square with a radius, none can solve the mystery yet; yet it is not a mystery. GOD himself or herself is not a mystery.

12ema:

Seriously? i would really like for you to itemize these wonderous technological achievements that outshine that of the western world. For this to be valid. It must be an extensive list. Not just one random example. And it must not be a copy of an existing marvel. I am waiting.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Fulaman198(m): 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
Radoillo:

I don't think the bolded is correct. There is a record of Fulani scholars from Mali coming to Kano and passing on to Borno in the time of Sarkin Kano Yakubu Dan Abdullahi Burja (1452 - 1463). I'm looking at a reference right now from 'Sudanese Memoirs' compiled by R Palmer.

I've equally encountered records that the Torodbe clan (from which Usman Dan Fodio came) have been in the Sokoto area since at least the 15th century.

I stand corrected then. Yeah the Toroobe are the Fouta Toroo Fulani from Senegal. Usumanu Bii Foduye (I'll refer to him as that since Usman Dan Fodio is a Hausanised version of his name) does hail from the region
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by SirShymexx: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by 12ema: 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
macof:

moving forward has nothing to do with religion that's why I say dump dumb religions like christianity and Islam and free Africans from useless and unprofitable Arab and European culture and beliefs

Where did I say democracy? Separation of power means democracy in ur language?? Where did u school?

Twisting words as usual. Soon you would try to justify your belief that ritual killing is moral and female circumcision has it's place.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2015
blackjack21:

Being lazy is better than being stupid.
Keep it on

18:43:36
Sat, Mar 7, 2015

what u on about tho? undecided
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
12ema:

Twisting words as usual. Soon you would try to justify your belief that ritual killing is moral and female circumcision has it's place.
Mr. man where did I tell u about democracy?
Where u dreaming or wat? Pls lemme understand
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by 12ema: 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
gatiano:
Well, in time you would see. This generation has been classified as the luckiest generation. Why? we are the generation that will witness what is about to come down.

i'd love to boost more about my very black ancestors and the Elders.

The sun is about 93,000,000 miles away from the blackman's earth(this one), Do you know or can you believe that we can reach the sun in just 93 minutes? not just that, we would enter the sun, probably refuelling( i don't know what they are doing there YET), and then come out again fresh and no stress. One thing i do know is there is no fire without firewood or kerosene or methane.

Do you know or can you believe that the purpose the blackman made internet is for what is now happening here on this tread?

About the list? do you think we are 100,000,000 years old people? go back home and talk respectfully with the chiefs of your clan, they may reveal the truth of the universe to you, if you deserve it YET. it looks like you don't YET.

The mathematics that was used to build just the pyramids 9000years ago, the over hyped europeans can't still solve it yet.
There is a tile plate in some place in india, a perfect square with a radius, none can solve the mystery yet; yet it is not a mystery. GOD himself or herself is not a mystery.

I need my head examined for replying this but i will give this a shot. Vague postulations with no verifiable facts is all you have just put out here. You sound like Mr Jenkings who lives down our block. He is this old crazy guy who is full of wild conspiracy theories. I always pull out my phone when passing his front porch pretending to be on the phone so as avoid his usual crazy and lenghty discussions. But i ask you this; with all the great advances, why is the black race still one of the most backward race on earth? We can't even feed our generation properly. I expect another conspiracy theory.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by 12ema: 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2015
macof:

Mr. man where did I tell u about democracy?
Where u dreaming or wat? Pls lemme understand

[Yes, the Alaafin was elected by the Oyo mesi who also formed the uncodified constitution
They also had the power to depose an Alaafin lacking in competence, strength and character by compelling him to suicide
[/quote]

I'm sorry; i thought i was discussing with a versed individual. The above is a quote from you. So when you used ELECTED i assumed, like any other sane person would, that you refered to democracy which was the basis of our discussion. I believe it is only in a democracy that one is elected, or am i wrong. I am still waiting on your explaination on why ritual killing is ok. And female circumcision has it's place
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2015
kay1one2:

Whatever it is islam is definetely trying to forestall progress! And they weren't pagans but jews that eventually birth christianity. From peter to paul to all the apostles who had their root in judaism!

So ancient greeks, Chinese and the Sumerians who invented wheel were Jews?

What have u need smoking?
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by kay1one2(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2015
macof:

So ancient greeks, Chinese and the Sumerians who invented wheel were Jews?

What have u need smoking?

Civilisation goes further than inventions to also cover acceptable culture. The jews had a culture that was Godly and supportive of development.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2015
12ema:

[Yes, the Alaafin was elected by the Oyo mesi who also formed the uncodified constitution
They also had the power to depose an Alaafin lacking in competence, strength and character by compelling him to suicide

I'm sorry; i thought i was discussing with a versed individual. The above is a quote from you. So when you used ELECTED i assumed, like any other sane person would, that you refered to democracy which was the basis of our discussion. I believe it is only in a democracy that one is elected, or am i wrong. I am still waiting on your explaination on why ritual killing is ok. And female circumcision has it's place

You either don't know what the oyo mesi is, or u don't know what democracy is

again where did u school?

I didn't say ritual killing is ok...why don't u understand basic 1 English?
I said at that time it was moral to use slaves and criminals for all kinds of sacrifice, blood and service

Go ask people who perform female circumcision, I am nt ur guy for that
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by gatiano(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2015
I am not surprised about your reply. i expected nothing else. the old saying is "truth is bitter" well the latest one is "truth is crazy".
Whiteman or europeans or the non-blacks never made a thing on their own. not even an eraser or a trouser. till today, they are incapable of doing so why? GREED. Greed is the first nature of the pinkman. All prototypes of everything was made by black people, the whiteman just patent them in his name.
Philip Emeagwali -supercomputing or the large-scale parallel processing of data which was responsible for the birth of internet was made by this man (the whiteman deceived with him launching the internet), so enjoy the internet like your daddy made it.

Henry i. Sampson- responsible for what made the cell-phone work today. enjoy ping and pang or pong just like your uncle made it. but do not forget yourself than you already have.

Gabriel Oyibo another super black man. but guess what, people like you call them crazy, like you do you neigbour probably because he looks broke.

They have eyes but cannot see, they have ears but it only attracts the saint of fiat paper money.

final task for you. I would like you to count approximately how many blacks are there on this planet. we are 1 billon 8 million. we may be less, but not more. yet the whiteman says we are overpopulated. don't be foolish.

Theory means not proven.

12ema:

I need my head examined for replying this but i will give this a shot. Vague postulations with no verifiable facts is all you have just put out here. You sound like Mr Jenkings who lives down our block. He is this old crazy guy who is full of wild conspiracy theories. I always pull out my phone when passing his front porch pretending to be on the phone so as avoid his usual crazy and lenghty discussions. But i ask you this; with all the great advances, why is the black race still one of the most backward race on earth? We can't even feed our generation properly. I expect another conspiracy theory.
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by macof(m): 7:46pm On Mar 07, 2015
kay1one2:

Civilisation goes further than inventions to also cover acceptable culture. The jews had a culture that was Godly and supportive of development.

what have Jews contributed to civilization? Absolutely nothing
Even bees, goats and horses have contributed more to human civilization around the world than lousy Jews
Re: When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain by 12ema: 7:47pm On Mar 07, 2015
gatiano:
I am not surprised about your reply. i expected nothing else. the old saying is "truth is bitter" well the latest one is "truth is crazy".
Whiteman or europeans or the non-blacks never made a thing on their own. not even an eraser or a trouser. till today, they are incapable of doing so why? GREED. Greed is the first nature of the pinkman. All prototypes of everything was made by black people, the whiteman just patent them in his name.
Philip Emeagwali -supercomputing or the large-scale parallel processing of data which was responsible for the birth of internet was made by this man (the whiteman deceived with him launching the internet), so enjoy the internet like your daddy made it.

Henry i. Sampson- responsible for what made the cell-phone work today. enjoy ping and pang or pong just like your uncle made it. but do not forget yourself than you already have.

Gabriel Oyibo another super black man. but guess what, people like you call them crazy, like you do you neigbour probably because he looks broke.

They have eyes but cannot see, they have ears but it only attracts the saint of fiat paper money.

final task for you. I would like you to count approximately how many blacks are there on this planet. we are 1 billon 8 million. we may be less, but not more. yet the whiteman says we are overpopulated. don't be foolish.

Theory means not proven.

As i said conspiratory theorist. No mention of how this great advancements have miraculously eluded the black race so far. And by the way, Mr jenkings ain't poor, old and senile yes, but definitely not poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / Facts About The Yoruba Enclave In The Heart Of Aniocha In Delta State / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King'

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80