Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit (25843 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by iamsherif101(m): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2015
grin
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by joseph1832(m): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2015
johnw74:

For those who say the Holy Spirit is not a person:

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
From the above verses, I don't see any connotation that the Holy Spirit is a person.

We read in the Bible where Jesus was called The Son of Man literally. Kindly show me where in the Bible the Holy Spirit was referred to as a person.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by fajesito(m): 8:51am On Mar 08, 2015
Horus:
Pentecostalists claim that when the Holy Spirit comes to you, you speaking in tongues, or Glossolalia. Glossolalia comes from the Greek word Glossa and it literally means, "tongue." They claim the "lord" is passing a message through them and that one may be blessed with the divine gift of speaking in tongues (languages). Yet, Pentecostalists don't speak in other tongues. Instead, they fall out on the floor and start babbling and muttering, while moaning and talking undecipherable mumbo-jumbo.
You've not passed any message across.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by jerflakes(m): 8:52am On Mar 08, 2015
fajesito:

What you said now is devoid of sense

And you think what the op said is enriched with sense?

Who's the senseless one now?

undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by fajesito(m): 8:54am On Mar 08, 2015
jerflakes:

And you think what the op said is enriched with sense?

Who's the senseless one now?

undecided
so you think to make a fun of it is the wise thing to do.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by doofanc: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

YESSSSSSS!!! Someone who understands that the practice of screaming random words whilst having an epileptic-like seizure on the floor is NOT a work of the Spirit. It's heretical to brand such behaviour as a working of the spirit. Tongues refer to actual LANGUAGES, and in Acts 2, it was a means to spread the gospel, and it edified the church too.

Now, I'm not a cessationalist (one who believes the gift of the tongues ceases to exist due to the closing of the canon), however I do believe that this gift is HORRIBLY ABUSED in many modern day churches, especially in and within Pentecostal gatherings.

Pls let us take the workings and authenticity of the Holy Spirit without levity and with the upmost reverence. The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity and so therefore is God.

1Cor 14:2 For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

There's a difference between speaking in another tongue and speaking in an unknown tongue. The latter is for self edification (see verse 4 of the same chapter), not necessarily for the Church.

Edit:
What you call heretical may actually be direct communication with God. Lets be careful how we make conclusions especially those of spiritual importance.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2015
joseph1832:
From the above verses, I don't see any connotation that the Holy Spirit is a person.

We read in the Bible where Jesus was called The Son of Man literally. Kindly show me where in the Bible the Holy Spirit was referred to as a person.
can a force speak?The Holy Spirit spoke.if animals that can't speak are not forces,How can The Spirit Of God Himself that can speak be a force.some people are under serious deception.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2015
Cool thread ; Also the Holy Spirit is the empowered Word of God.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by joseph1832(m): 9:00am On Mar 08, 2015
Dux01:
can a force speak?The Holy spirit spoke.
Yes The Force speaks. You only need to listen for you to hear.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by jkendy(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
Abotak:
great job OP, meanwhile guys for dis forum no dey go church ni
Na early momo Mass we dey attend. But wetin u cum dey do here ursef

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by blackjack21(m): 9:05am On Mar 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
11. Forgetting that It is all in your imagination!

09:05:37
Sun, Mar 8, 2015
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Idrismusty97(m): 9:07am On Mar 08, 2015
blackjack21:

09:05:37
Sun, Mar 8, 2015
What's that for undecided.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 08, 2015
joseph1832:
The Holy Spirit spoke in acts 13 vs 2 saying seperate me saul and barnabas unto the work i have called them unto.someone who says ''I'' has a will and a persinality.Not a force. and Rev 14 vs 3
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by HopeAlive14(m): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2015
iloriolushola:
10 Mistakes People Make with the Holy Spirit (plus 1 bonus):

2. Don’t realize that He is a part of a Triune Godhead / Trinity
with coequal status with the other Two, Father and Son (three Persons in one God). ( Genesis 1:26a ; 2 Corinthians 3:17 )

The Lord our God is ONE LORD!

Deuteronomy 6: 4 (KJV) "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:"

If the Person of the Father is God, and the Person of the Son is God and the Person of the Holy Spirit is God, that makes it Three Persons and Three Gods!

But GOD is ONE, manifesting HIMSELF as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 08, 2015
joseph1832:
The Holy Spirit spoke in acts 13 vs 2 saying seperate me saul and barnabas unto the work i have called them unto.someone who says ''I'' has a will and a personality.Not a force. and Rev 14 vs 13
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 08, 2015
How can a force be aware of those that die in the Lord.How can a force be aware of their works and now say their works do follow them.read Rev 14 vs 13
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by blackjack21(m): 9:21am On Mar 08, 2015
Idrismusty97:
What's that for undecided.
Retweeting your post for example.

09:20:54
Sun, Mar 8, 2015
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by joseph1832(m): 9:24am On Mar 08, 2015
Dux01:
The Holy Spirit spoke in acts 13 vs 2 saying seperate me saul and barnabas unto the work i have called them unto.someone who says ''I'' has a will and a personality.Not a force. and Rev 14 vs 3
The Force is with us.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 08, 2015
Angels are not forces,neither are demons.even the devil is not a force.is it is now the Third person of the Godhead that The bible itself calls Spirit,comforter,teacher that someone calls a force?it is a lie.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 08, 2015
This sounds very catholic
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Buhari give your life to christ
I pray GMB REPENT SOON

Repent from what sin?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 08, 2015
AbuuUsaamah:

Repent from what sin?
Repent from Islam
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

Repent from Islam

Is that the 11th commandment?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by drestoneokuta(m): 10:36am On Mar 08, 2015
OP tanks for this beautiful write up, but i av some questions for you. The only person that i know (my own knowledge) that described God (not is attributes) was Jesus where he said that God is SPIRIT...... Nd also in d book of genesis d bible records that the SPIRIT moved in the face of the deep. Are those two verses refering to the Holy spirit?

PS, the concept of trinity can be explained by the theory of resonance structure e.g benzene. The chemists in the house will understand dis wink wink grin
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by miketayo(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2015
Angelou:
are you guys trying to say that the holy spirit is equal to god.. SMH even the son can neva be of equal status with "the father"
yes they r equal.. Or we could say they r dsame person (1 GOD). they created everythn
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by miketayo(m): 10:54am On Mar 08, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

Repent from Islam

lolzz.. is islam a sin ?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2015
miketayo:

lolzz.. is islam a sin ?
He should give his life to christ
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by codedmelvin(m): 10:58am On Mar 08, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

Repent from Islam
lemme ask u bro......do u think heaven is meant for Christians alone?on d last day,will d Buddhists,islam nd traditionalists go to hell fire?.....bro,God searches d heart of man...am a Christian though

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2015
Angelou:
are you guys trying to say that the holy spirit is equal to god.. SMH even the son can neva be of equal status with "the father"
Have you not read in the Scripture where it is written "And the Lord is the Spirit " Test everything brother instead of saying what u r taught in ur fellowship. May God help His church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Things You Need To Stop Doing To Yourself / 8 Facts That Proove All White Garment Churches Are Demon Possessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.