Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit (25572 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2015
joseph1832:
From the above verses, I don't see any connotation that the Holy Spirit is a person.

We read in the Bible where Jesus was called The Son of Man literally. Kindly show me where in the Bible the Holy Spirit was referred to as a person.
John: 14-17 "HE is the Spirit who reveals the truth about God.The world cannot receive HIM. The world cannot see HIM or know HIM. But you know HIM, because HE remains with you and is in you." Is HE a person or thing? does a thing lives in one?. Like I told a brother , read the Scripture for urself,test everything Bro.May God help his Church.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 08, 2015
Satan, the great deceiver, has done an incredible job. He has convinced the world-even dedicatd ministers of the gospel that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than an influence or a special power. This deception is a priority of satan because he knows that the moment you discover the personality of the Spirit, your life will dramaically tramsformed....

3 Likes

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by qreem231(m): 11:41am On Mar 08, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
Buhari give your life to christ

I pray GMB REPENT SOON
#shoroniyen
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 08, 2015
HopeAlive14:

The Lord our God is ONE LORD!

Deuteronomy 6: 4 (KJV) "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:"

If the Person of the Father is God, and the Person of the Son is God and the Person of the Holy Spirit is God, that makes it Three Persons and Three Gods!

But GOD is ONE, manifesting HIMSELF as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
rather Three Persons yet one. You are a Spirit,soul and a body,now I ask are you three or one? if you can't answer this question correctly then d Pharisees are better than you.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 08, 2015
drestoneokuta:
OP tanks for this beautiful write up, but i av some questions for you. The only person that i know (my own knowledge) that described God (not is attributes) was Jesus where he said that God is SPIRIT...... Nd also in d book of genesis d bible records that the SPIRIT moved in the face of the deep. Are those two verses refering to the Holy spirit?

PS, the concept of trinity can be explained by the theory of resonance structure e.g benzene. The chemists in the house will understand dis wink wink grin
Yea one Spirit
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by HopeAlive14(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08, 2015
starlingleanets:
rather Three Persons yet one. You are a Spirit,soul and a body,now I ask are you three or one? if you can't answer this question correctly then d Pharisees are better than you.

There is no way "Three Persons" can be One Person or language has lost its meaning.

Yes, I am made up of spirit, soul and body; does that make me three? I am ONE person with these three attributes.

God is ONE GOD, manifesting HIMSELF as Father, Son and Holy Spirit and not as Three Persons.

Pharisee has nothing to do with this.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
HopeAlive14:

There is no way "Three Persons" can be One Person or language has lost its meaning.

Yes, I am made up of spirit, soul and body; does that make me three? I am ONE person with these three attributes.

God is ONE GOD, manifesting HIMSELF as Father, Son and Holy Spirit and not as Three Persons.

Pharisee has nothing to do with this.
Thats why God made foolish the wisdom of men and how great are his ways that even the world in all his wisdom do not understand God is three distinct person yet one in nature. I had want you to put aside ur church doctrine and look into the scripture. And if u want to understand the Scripture read in the Spirit.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by miketayo(m): 1:02pm On Mar 08, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

He should give his life to christ

perhaps
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by HopeAlive14(m): 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
starlingleanets:
Thats why God made foolish the wisdom of men and how great are his ways that even the world in all his wisdom do not understand God is three distinct person yet one in nature. I had want you to put aside ur church doctrine and look into the scripture. And if u want to understand the Scripture read in the Spirit.

GOD is NOT Three distinct persons!

GOD is ONE Person!!!

Let's assume you are Male, Son and Father. Does that make you three distinct persons?

I agree with you: it takes the revelation of the Holy Spirit to understand Scripture.

So as you said to me, I also say to you: read in the Spirit.

Shallom!
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by splashbaby(m): 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Getting high on self delusion that leads to gibberish ranting that you claim is tongue that was inspired by the Holy Spirit...these lie will lead many to hell.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by skylane: 2:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
God bless you op.may the spirit of God overshadow your life In jesus Name,truly the holy spirit is the third person in the trinity,infact its just like one person operating in 3 departments at the same time,God the father as our God on the throne in heaven whom the arcangels,seraphims and elders bow to,and Jesus christ which is the physical form of God,and the holyspirit is also here. Its because of his works God is called the ominiscience(he is everywhere) and also its was by his power jesus was raised and also performed miracles, so God is one. Just as we humans are one but we have body,soul and spirit 3 in one just as it is with God body(Jesus) soul(God the father) and spirit(holyspirit) mind you any who tries to mock spirit wud be severly dealt with b u a believer or not thanks
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
iloriolushola

3. Are ignorant of the fact that He (the Holy Spirit) is
a
Person and not an impersonal “force” like in the
movie, Star
Wars (the Holy Spirit isn’t flesh and blood, of course,
but has
a personality ~ Jesus uses 7 personal pronouns in
John 16:13
alone, the New American Standard translation, to refer
to the
Holy Spirit and His personal characteristics).

RESEARCH more .... The greek word translated 'helper' in John 16:13 carries a masculine gender , thats why its perfectly normal for Jesus to personify the holyspirit with "he" while refferin to "helper" , the holyspirit itself was personified .

Its not uncommon to see such examples of things personified in the scriptures

FOOT speaks ( 1 cor 12: 15)

The EAR talks { 1 cor 12:16}

Trees are said to be rejoicing in psalm 96:11,12

Mountains sing ( Isa 55:12)

Trees Clap Their Hands ( Isa 55:12)

ALL ARE PERSONIFICATION.

BUT if u still insist according to your dogma that the holyspirit is a person, then answer this .

1) why does the holyspirit appear as a dove, and also as tongue BUT NEVER as a person ?

2) since the dogma says holyspirit is a person, and every so - called christian claimed to have it, so how many holyspirits exist since millions of people say that person lives within them ?

3) if the holyspirit is a person , arent u sayin it had sex with MARY ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by OpraMenu(m): 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2015
tola9ja:
2 Peter 1:20-21Revised Standard Version (RSV)

20 First of all you must understand this, that no prophecy of scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 because no prophecy ever came by the impulse of man, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.[a]
what is your point ?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by thorpido(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

RESEARCH more .... The greek word translated 'helper' in John 16:13 carries a masculine gender , thats why its perfectly normal for Jesus to personify the holyspirit with "he" while refferin to "helper" , the holyspirit itself was personified .

ALL ARE PERSONIFICATION.

BUT if u still insist according to your dogma that the holyspirit is a person, then answer this .

1) why does the holyspirit appear as a dove, and also as tongue BUT NEVER as a person ?

2) since the dogma says holyspirit is a person, and every so - called christian claimed to have it, so how many holyspirits exist since millions of people say that person lives within them ?

3) if the holyspirit is a person , arent u sayin it had sex with MARY ?
Awww,your question shows you're so much in the flesh and don't understand spiritual things.

1)The bible never said the Holy Spirit appears as a dove but descended as a dove.They don't mean the same thing and a lot of Christians have erroneously accepted that too.
2)God is awesome and omnipresent.He is everywhere and that is why He can be everywhere and in 'everything'-every person.
3)Holy Spirit had sex with Mary?I don't even know how to answer this your question.It's like a child asking baby questions.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by timy2a: 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2015
Thanks OP for bringing this write up, but you failed to credit the source which I believe is from Mike Campagna's 10 Mistakes series. Let's stop on line plagiarism.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 7:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
thorpido:
Awww,your question shows you're so much in the flesh and don't understand spiritual things.

1)The bible never said the Holy Spirit appears as a dove but descended as a dove .They don't mean the same thing .

Thank you ! Descend as a DOVE , WOW! We are still sayin the same thing, Infact Luke 3:22 says 'descends in BODILY FORM, AS A DOVE' ! ... Even an illiterate person readin this knows we are talkin about a Dove's Bodily Appearance , WHY DOES it descend in a Dove Bodily Form AND NEVA as a person ??

2)God is awesome and omnipresent.He is everywhere and that is why He can be everywhere and in 'everything'-every person.

Lol .. So ur god is everywhere, in the hole of crab, hole of ants, in the fictional hellfire too e.t.c

moreover, are u sayin holyspirit is God , SHOW me where the bible said " holyspirit is God Almighty" ?

3)Holy Spirit had sex with Mary
?
Didnt U Say Its A Person? So who impregnate Mary ?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by krack(m): 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2015
the holy spirit, like the word depicts is spirit not flesh
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Angelou(m): 8:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
starlingleanets:
Have you not read in the Scripture where it is written "And the Lord is the Spirit " Test everything brother instead of saying what u r taught in ur fellowship. May God help His church.
the holy spirit is god's active force and not god himself and jesus himself is God's creation..... the doctrine of trinity is just a mere fabrication of the roman emperor constantine
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by thorpido(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Thank you ! Descend as a DOVE , WOW! We are still sayin the same thing, Infact Luke 3:22 says 'descends in BODILY FORM, AS A DOVE' ! ... Even an illiterate person readin this knows we are talkin about a Dove's Bodily Appearance , WHY DOES it descend in a Dove Bodily Form AND NEVA as a person ??

Lol .. So ur god is everywhere, in the hole of crab, hole of ants, in the fictional hellfire too e.t.c

moreover, are u sayin holyspirit is God , SHOW me where the bible said " holyspirit is God Almighty" ?
Didnt U Say Its A Person? So who impregnate Mary ?
I thought you wanted to learn.I didn't know you are one of those clowns.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 08, 2015
Angelou:
the holy spirit is god's active force and not god himself and jesus himself is God's creation..... the doctrine of trinity is just a mere fabrication of the roman emperor constantine
I rest my case since Bro gore has brainwashed u
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2015
JahzaraAde:

YESSSSSSS!!! Someone who understands that the practice of screaming random words whilst having an epileptic-like seizure on the floor is NOT a work of the Spirit. It's heretical to brand such behaviour as a working of the spirit. Tongues refer to actual LANGUAGES, and in Acts 2, it was a means to spread the gospel, and it edified the church too.

Now, I'm not a cessationalist (one who believes the gift of the tongues ceases to exist due to the closing of the canon), however I do believe that this gift is HORRIBLY ABUSED in many modern day churches, especially in and within Pentecostal gatherings.

Pls let us take the workings and authenticity of the Holy Spirit without levity and with the upmost reverence. The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity and so therefore is God.
true talk, I use to think you just got to blab, and maybe since you are not meant to understand what you los saying, the prayer will still be understood. a good friend of mine made it clear to me, just like you said over here. these are known languages that we may not know about, but the Holy Spirit does.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
Angelou:
are you guys trying to say that the holy spirit is equal to god.. SMH even the son can neva be of equal status with "the father"
write well, stop abusing English language, lets understand your level of intelligence.
no offence, thanks.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 08, 2015
jerflakes:
[size=14pt]Na only you know wetin you dey talk.

Go to Ijebu-ode and ask the holy spirits there.
[/size]
#smh

must you comment?all these western 'boys ' .
you think this is PDP thing right?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 10:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
thorpido:
I thought you wanted to learn.I didn't know you are one of those clowns.

GENTLEMAN ..... Just Answer my questions

If the holyspirit is a person

1) do u agree holyspirit is the father of Jesus NOT GOD?

2) since its a person, arent u provin it that it had sex with Mary ? " mary conceived by the holyspirit ( a person according to you) " ?

3 ) WHY did it take the bodily form of a dove , BUT NEVER that of a person ??
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

See lie so because of helper that's why Jesus used HE instead of IT.

If something is not PERSONIFIED it will be FIGURATIVE for JWs.

ALL ARE PERSONIFICATION.

But Holy spirit has mind and emotions, is that personification too?

BUT if u still insist according to your dogma that the holyspirit is a person, then answer this.

The person who is living in dogma saying someone else insist in dogma.

In fact if not because you've been brainwashed beyond control you wouldn't have asked these questions.

Why will Jehovah appear in form of CLOUD or FIRE if is a person?

I know you never reason that way

2) since the dogma says holyspirit is a person, and every so - called christian claimed to have it, so how many holyspirits exist since millions of people say that person lives within them?

Since your delusion has sunk you so deep in the ocean of perpetual ignorance, you would have asked first why Jesus and Jehovah who are persons WILL MAKE THEIR ABODE with ALL THOSE who LOVE Them?

Does that mean there are many Jehovahs and Jesuses?

3) if the holyspirit is a person , arent u sayin it had sex with MARY?

Another Jehovah's witness dumb question.

You believe Satan is a person but Satan filled Ananias' heart to lie in Acts 5:3, does it mean that Satan slept with Ananias?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by sundoj08(m): 12:33am On Mar 09, 2015
JahzaraAde:

YESSSSSSS!!! Someone who understands that the practice of screaming random words whilst having an epileptic-like seizure on the floor is NOT a work of the Spirit. It's heretical to brand such behaviour as a working of the spirit. Tongues refer to actual LANGUAGES, and in Acts 2, it was a means to spread the gospel, and it edified the church too.

Now, I'm not a cessationalist (one who believes the gift of the tongues ceases to exist due to the closing of the canon), however I do believe that this gift is HORRIBLY ABUSED in many modern day churches, especially in and within Pentecostal gatherings.

Pls let us take the workings and authenticity of the Holy Spirit without levity and with the upmost reverence. The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity and so therefore is God.
im always avoiding this topic cos I'm not sure what is true anymore
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by johnw74: 12:52am On Mar 09, 2015
joseph1832:
From the above verses, I don't see any connotation that the Holy Spirit is a person.

We read in the Bible where Jesus was called The Son of Man literally. Kindly show me where in the Bible the Holy Spirit was referred to as a person.

There are many places in the Bible where the Holy Spirit is referred to as "HE".

Also:

2Co 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.

We can only have fellowship with another fellow - person.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by johnw74: 1:37am On Mar 09, 2015
HopeAlive14:

Not unless he is Schizophrenic, but three persons can be in one God.

Your spirit soul and body are not attributes, those three make up the one you,
for instance you are not you without your body, and you are a corpse without your spirit.

Is Jesus not a person?

The Father Son and Holy Spirit exist together at the same time.
For instance, Jesus prayed to the Father (Matthew 11:25)

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 7:52am On Mar 09, 2015
Emusan:

See lie so because of helper that's why Jesus used HE instead of IT.

If something is not PERSONIFIED it will be FIGURATIVE for JWs.

But Holy spirit has mind and emotions, is that personification too?

The person who is living in dogma saying someone else insist in dogma.

In fact if not because you've been brainwashed beyond control you wouldn't have asked these questions.

Why will Jehovah appear in form of CLOUD or FIRE if is a person?

I know you never reason that way

Since your delusion has sunk you so deep in the ocean of perpetual ignorance, you would have asked first why Jesus and Jehovah who are persons WILL MAKE THEIR ABODE with ALL THOSE who LOVE Them?

Does that mean there are many Jehovahs and Jesuses?

Another Jehovah's witness dumb question.

You believe Satan is a person but Satan filled Ananias' heart to lie in Acts 5:3, does it mean that Satan slept with Ananias?

How does this answer my questions .... , DONT answer questions with questions For Me Again. .
So u think uv answered the three questions.
.... Lets see

1) psalm 97:2 answers that Jehovah sits on his righteous throne, but Cloud are all around him and Fire goes before him.

- From the above, Jehovah is a person ... He sits on his throne ,

WHY DIDNT the holyspirit have a throne ?

2) Colosian 3:1 says God sits on his throne , and Jesus sits at his right hand , this are real persons who sits on throne, their making abode therefore doesnt mean they will move from heaven to earth , Rather God and Jesus will be with such persons .

Once again, WHY DIDNT the holyspirit have a throne ?

3) Calm Down, Ananias heart was filled to do what ? TO LIE ! Nothin like intimacy here, do we read that Ananias Conceived ? NOT AT ALL

Back to the context
" Holyspirit will come upon you ( Mary)" Luke 1: 35 ,holyspirit a person according to you, will come upon another female person , and the result will be pregnancy ? haba

" for what has been conceived in her ( a female person) is by holyspirit ( a person)" Matt 1:20.
Okay, holyspirit is the father of JESUS NOT God !

Cant u see the ABSURDITY of makin the POWER ( Force of doin somethng) of God" Luke 1:35, a person by human tradition ?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

How does this answer my questions .... , [size=14pt]DONT answer questions with questions For Me Again..[/size]

Why will you see it as an answer to your questions when you left your brain somewhere before you spew those thrash.
You said the bolded part but you never follow it.

So u think uv answered the three questions.
.... Lets see

Imaging I didn't answer your questions but you can come with another verses DIFFERENT from the one you posted.

1) psalm 97:2 answers that Jehovah sits on his righteous throne, but Cloud are all around him and Fire goes before him.

- From the above, Jehovah is a person ... He sits on his throne ,

WHY DIDNT the holyspirit have a throne ?

2) Colosian 3:1 says God sits on his throne , and Jesus sits at his right hand , this are real persons who sits on throne, their making abode therefore doesnt mean they will move from heaven to earth , Rather God and Jesus will be with such persons .

Once again, WHY DIDNT the holyspirit have a throne?

Do you agree Holy spirit can appear in a form of Dove or Fire as a person?

That's the point don't shift your ignorance to another place.

3) Calm Down, Ananias heart was filled to do what ? TO LIE ! Nothin like intimacy here, do we read that Ananias Conceived ? NOT AT ALL

Then how can Satan as a person FILL Ananias' heart?

Back to the context
" Holyspirit [size=14pt]will come upon you ( Mary)"[/size] Luke 1: 35 ,holyspirit a person according to you, [size=14pt]will come upon[/size] another female person , and the result will be pregnancy ? haba

" for what has been conceived in her ( a female person) is by holyspirit ( a person)" Matt 1:20.
Okay, holyspirit is the father of JESUS NOT God!

I can't just stop laughing at you, I will take you serious only when you can differentiate between 'COME UPON' and 'LIE WITH'

Cant u see the ABSURDITY of makin the POWER ( Force of doin somethng) of God" Luke 1:35, a person by human tradition?

The only ABSURDITY I see here is an educated person who couldn't differentiate between COME UPON and LIE WITH...SMH

Meaning of 'COME UPON'...

come upon

Also found in: Dictionary/thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.

come upon

v.
To discover or meet someone or something by accident: While walking down the road, I came upon a strange old house.

See also: come, upon

The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

[size=14pt]come upon somebody/something[/size]

to find or meet someone or something, esp. unexpectedly, We came upon a farmer setting a fire to clear off dead grass from the pasture.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/come+upon
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Emusan:

Why will you see it as an answer to your questions when you left your brain somewhere before you spew those thrash.

Oh sorry, I DONT Deal with abusive beings

" put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger , wrath, screaming and abusive speech, as well as everything in jurious" Eph 4:31

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 2:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Oh sorry, I DONT Deal with abusive beings

" put away from yourselves every kind of malicious bitterness, anger , wrath, screaming and abusive speech, as well as everything in jurious" Eph 4:31

Na today

An educated person who couldn't differentiate between COME UPON and LIE WITH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice / Mechanic Going To Church With Your Car / Elderly Woman Accused Of Witchcraft Is Beaten Mercilessly & Stoned (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.