Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit (25544 Views)

These 2 Nigerian Pastors Don’t Have The Holy Spirit In Them / The Holy Spirit Is Evil Spirit: Bible Evidence / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Barristter07: 1:42am On May 22, 2021
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Barristter07: 2:00am On May 22, 2021
Emusan:

What is this one even saying?

Speaking nonsense as usual!

Read again, this time , slowly ... You might comprehend.

Your trinitarian mindset feels that scripture is a prove that holy spirit bears the name Jehovah and thus a person. If that is true, the same text said " where the spirit of Jehovah is " does that mean Jehovah the Holy spirit also have another spirit ? "spirit" of the holy spirit ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 3:09am On May 22, 2021
Angelou:
are you guys trying to say that the holy spirit is equal to god.. SMH even the son can neva be of equal status with "the father"
The Spirit is God's Spirit. So what do you mean? undecided
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Kobojunkie: 3:13am On May 22, 2021
Akalia:
Also calling down holy ghost fire to consume enemies is wrong. There is no such thing as a consuming holy ghost fire. The only consumer fire I know of is Jehovah GOD.
The consuming fire is the Word of God, Jesus Christ, as is stated in the Book of Jeremiah. And yes,it is against God to call down fire to consume your enemies. undecided
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 12:07pm On May 23, 2021
Barristter07:

Read again, this time , slowly ... You might comprehend.

Your trinitarian mindset feels that scripture is a prove that holy spirit bears the name Jehovah and thus a person. If that is true, the same text said " where the spirit of Jehovah is " does that mean Jehovah the Holy spirit also have another spirit ? "spirit" of the holy spirit ?

That's why I said, you've come with your nonsense as usual.

John 4:24 God is A SPIRIT

And the same Bible says there is Spirit of God

Can we then say "spirit" of the Spirit?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Barristter07: 1:40pm On May 23, 2021
Emusan:

That's why I said, you've come with your nonsense as usual.

John 4:24 God is A SPIRIT

And the same Bible says there is Spirit of God

Can we then say "spirit" of the Spirit?

It's funny that the same person who would argue against the inclusion of " a" at John 1:1 is here trying to insert the same " A" grin

I have no problem with the A at all, the point is when the Bible said Spirit of God, it was referring to the spirit of the Father. Which we know as holy spirit. Now you saying 2Cor 3:17 makes Holy spirit Jehovah means , holy spirit also have his own spirit grin grin highly nonsensical if you ask me, cos it means Trinity is false.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 5:44pm On May 23, 2021
Barristter07:
It's funny that the same person who would argue against the inclusion of " a" at John 1:1 is here trying to insert the same " A" grin

When you don't have meaningful to say!

Does insertion of "A" in my post changing anything about who God is?

I have no problem with the A at all,

You're just attacking a straw man argument.

the point is when the Bible said Spirit of God, it was referring to the spirit of the Father. Which we know as holy spirit.

OK!

Now you saying 2Cor 3:17 makes Holy spirit Jehovah means,

Did the scripture say, and Jehovah is THAT SPIRIT?

You can change your NWT but not the Holy scripture.

holy spirit also have his own spirit grin grin highly nonsensical if you ask me,

The same nonsensical when you realize that God who is a spirit also said to have its own spirit.

cos it means Trinity is false.

You have been saying that from ages but does that stop followers of Christ moving forward?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Barristter07: 9:39pm On May 23, 2021
Emusan:

When you don't have meaningful to say!

Does insertion of "A" in my post changing anything about who God is?
You're just attacking a straw man argument.
OK!
Did the scripture say, and Jehovah is THAT SPIRIT?
You can change your NWT but not the Holy scripture.
The same nonsensical when you realize that God who is a spirit also said to have its own spirit.

You have been saying that from ages but does that stop followers of Christ moving forward?

Yes God the Father , Jehovah have his own spirit. Does Holy spirit have his own spirit too ?

I put that to you !

And we would see the truth about who is called Jehovah in 2Cor 3:17

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2021
Barristter07:
Yes God the Father, Jehovah have his own spirit. Does Holy spirit have his own spirit too ?

I put that to you !

And we would see the truth about who is called Jehovah in 2Cor 3:17

@color so you know that Jehovah (spirit) have his own spirit which we can then say "Spirit of the Spirit(jehovah) and you first make a mockery of yourself by saying "spirit of the Holy Spirit" which means to you spirit can't said to have SPIRIT.

Just keep exposing your ignorance and lying mouth!
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Barristter07: 1:30pm On May 28, 2021
Emusan:

@color so you know that Jehovah (spirit) have his own spirit which we can then say "Spirit of the Spirit(jehovah) and you first make a mockery of yourself by saying "spirit of the Holy Spirit" which means to you spirit can't said to have SPIRIT.

That is a mockery of some trinitarian who try to use that verse to say holy spirit is named Jehovah

grin grin
This clearly means holy spirit is not Jehovah. The Spirit at 2Cor 3:17 is the Father who have his own spirit.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by achorladey: 10:22pm On May 28, 2021
Emusan:

English English na wahala language. Na everyday person dey learn how to handle English or else person wey raise question like this

Does Holy spirit have his own spirit too?

go get lost within his own question paapaa.

I get one verse for you 2 Corinthians 6:6,7 Item number 5 in verse 6 and item number 2 in verse 7. You should find something interesting regarding those two items. I don't think you can miss it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 8:19am On May 29, 2021
achorladey:

English English na wahala language. Na everyday person dey learn how to handle English or else person wey raise question like this

I get one verse for you 2 Corinthians 6:6,7 Item number 5 in verse 6 and item number 2 in verse 7. You should find something interesting regarding those two items. I don't think you can miss it.

If you have any sense, You would know Emusan is a devotee of Trinity and of the core doctrine of Trinity is Father is Jehovah, Son is Jehovah, Holy spirit Is Jehovah. Jehovah is three persons in one. Emusan is using 2Corinthians 3:17 as proof that Holy spirit bears the name Jehovah. This would validate the question Barristter07 asks : if Jehovah is said to have a spirit, That means holy spirit have his own spirit , true ? or else, holy spirit Is not Jehovah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by achorladey: 8:30am On May 29, 2021
CAPTIVATOR:

If you have any sense, You would know Emusan is a devotee of Trinity and of the core doctrine of Trinity is Father is Jehovah, Son is Jehovah, Holy spirit Is Jehovah. Jehovah is three persons in one. Emusan is using 2Corinthians 3:17 as proof that Holy spirit bears the name Jehovah. This would validate the question Barristter07 asks : if Jehovah is said to have a spirit, That means holy spirit have his own spirit , true ? or else, holy spirit Is not Jehovah.

Thank you sense detector. Jehovah get im own spirit abi? And that Jehovah na spirit too abi? Me I don't have sense. I just they reason alongside people wey get sense grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 8:35am On May 29, 2021
Emusan:

No we don't deduce from 2 Corin 3:17 but what the verse says.

Now that Jehovah said to be THE SPIRIT, is The Spirit a force?

OR you agree with your brother that THE SPIRIT is different from HOLY SPIRIT.

Here is him trying to interpret the spirit at 2corintihians 3:17 as holy spirit. He should tell us if holy Spirit has his own spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by CAPTIVATOR: 8:36am On May 29, 2021
achorladey:

Thank you sense detector. Jehovah get im own spirit abi? And that Jehovah na spirit too abi? Me I don't have sense. I just they reason alongside people wey get sense grin grin

Next time learn to see where a convo is coming from before you talk, check my post up there , it will help you comprehend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2021
So after lying and unable to cover your lies you disappeared from the other thread and came here, shey? cheesy
Well the lady Preciousgirl is still waiting for your proof after all the lies you told her Sir! cheesy

Emusan:

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Barristter07: 8:42am On May 29, 2021
CAPTIVATOR:

Good morning.
To be fair , am not against coming up with an interpretation of The spirit as holy spirit in that scripture, but he must be ready to accept that in defense of that idea, he must accept that This makes Holy spirit have his own spirit too cheesy , Is he ready to accept that ? Or just admit he misuse scripture ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by achorladey: 8:42am On May 29, 2021
CAPTIVATOR:

Next time learn to see where a convo is coming from before you talk, check my post up there , it will help you comprehend.

And you that have sense should see what I choose to comment about in the convo as well. I don't need to remind you about that. You are the one having sense here.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:07am On May 29, 2021
I remember a time when the police arrested my neighbour and held him for close to 72 hours. WHY? He made an incorrect statement regarding a wanted criminal! smiley
The guy usually comes to check a young lady in the neighbourhood and he once paid for our drinks at the bar close to my place so my neighbour wants him to get along with the girl.
So something happened and during investigation the officers came (disguised) asking for him as if they're looking for a friend, my neighbour took it upon himself as if he knew the young man. His intention was to seize the opportunity of getting closer to the young nice guy who paid our #15,000 bill at the bar at a go.
The officers asked me and i told them "Yes he often comes around to check one young lady, though i don't know much about him and his relationship with the young lady but he often comes around"
But my neighbour wants to show kindness by speaking with the strange men for more than 25 minutes only to find out that he has implicated himself for saying "I know him well well" the officers capitalized on this but all effort to gather further info regarding the criminal whom my neighbour said he knew wella wella proves abortive so they took my neighbour away. I have to call four landlords in the street to go with me and bail our friend who stupidly implicated himself! undecided

If you truly know someone or something it's pointless arguing worthlessly, why not prove your knowledge by presenting the works such a person is doing so that whoever wants to get closer to this person will know how to go about it? undecided

If God's Holy Spirit is a person or force the only way to prove you know better than others is to PRESENT the undeniable works of Mr Holy Spirit in the neighbourhood, with that no amount of argument can render your words inauthentic after mentioning the name, address, work place and samples of the works Mr Holy Spirit does! smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Janosky: 4:27pm On May 29, 2021
achorladey:

Mumu post.
2 Corinthian 6:6-7 & Luke 24:49,Is the power of God a person ?
Achorladey proven he lacks SENSE.
grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by achorladey: 5:53pm On May 29, 2021
Janosky:

Mumu post.
Achorladey proven he lacks SENSE.
grin grin grin grin

Its people that are in the business of MUMU that respond to MUMU post. Out of the abundant of your heart the mouth speaks, what does it states this as typed by your fingers...............He lack sense grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 4:09pm On May 30, 2021
Barristter07:

That is a mockery of some trinitarian who try to use that verse to say holy spirit is named Jehovah

grin grin
This clearly means holy spirit is not Jehovah. The Spirit at 2Cor 3:17 is the Father who have his own spirit.

Thank you.

When the lying liar mouth is exposed, the next thing is to be grasping for air.

Now that you boldly say THE SPIRIT at 2 Corinthians 3:17 is the FATHER

This is what that verse says "Now the Lord is the Spirit..."

Which means the SPIRIT here was once mentioned somewhere which we can trace back to verse 8 "will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?"

Where was the Father ever associated with the MINISTRY OF THE SPIRIT in the scripture?
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 4:12pm On May 30, 2021
CAPTIVATOR:
Here is him trying to interpret the spirit at 2corintihians 3:17 as holy spirit. He should tell us if holy Spirit has his own spirit.

At least first admit that spirit can have spirit!

Then we'll enter the next face
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 4:17pm On May 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
So after lying and unable to cover your lies you disappeared from the other thread and came here, shey? cheesy
Well the lady Preciousgirl is still waiting for your proof after all the lies you told her Sir! cheesy

Where is the lies?

I said you once created two threads on this forum promoting Ponzi scheme. I saw them before you deleted your previous moniker @Maximus69

You can keep deny it because that account was deleted but anyone who has ever viewed your profile then will see those threads.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Janosky: 4:17pm On May 30, 2021
achorladey:

Its people that are in the business of MUMU that respond to MUMU post. Out of the abundant of your heart the mouth speaks, what does it states this as typed by your fingers...............He lack sense grin grin

Artful dodger, answer the question from that post :

grin
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2021
Janosky:

Artful dodger, answer the question from that post :

grin

Christ said to be THE POWER and THE WISDOM of God!

Now, the lying liar JWs like his father the devil with faulty understanding of:

The Power of God not a person
The Wisdom of God not a person

Agreed that the Son is a person!
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2021
Walahi talahi oòlójútì! cheesy

Emusan:

Where is the lies?

I said you once created two threads on this forum promoting Ponzi scheme. I saw them before you deleted your previous moniker @Maximus69

You can keep deny it because that account was deleted but anyone who has ever viewed your profile then will see those threads.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Janosky: 4:30pm On May 30, 2021
Emusan:

When the lying liar mouth is exposed, the next thing is to be grasping for air.

Now that you boldly say THE SPIRIT at 2 Corinthians 3:17 is the FATHER

This is what that verse says "Now the Lord is the Spirit..."

Which means the SPIRIT here was once mentioned somewhere which we can trace back to verse 8 "will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?"

Where was the Father ever associated with the MINISTRY OF THE SPIRIT in the scripture?
Start to quote from verses 1 to 17 of chapter 3, DUBIOUS LIENUS
grin grin
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2021
Janosky:
Start to quote from verses 1 to 17 of chapter 3, DUBIOUS LIENUS
grin grin

Kindly do that for us!

And besides, as usual you can bring in your darling Geneva Bible opinion here let's see what it says concerning those verses cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Emusan(m): 4:47pm On May 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Walahi talahi oòlójútì! cheesy

Why? because I'm exposing your fraudulent acts here!

I know it pains you since I brought that issue up because the shame is too much for you to bear.

But just like I said, I'm still trying everything possible to make sure I find those threads and I'm sure you'll be put to shame once again.
Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2021
ÒDÈ
You lied and instead of covering your face in shame you're still spewing gibberish.
So this is how hopeless you can be, shey?
You're a disgrace to yourself, your family, your church and your worthless god! cheesy

Emusan:

Why? because I'm exposing your fraudulent acts here!

I know it pains you since I brought that issue up because the shame is too much for you to bear.

But just like I said, I'm still trying everything possible to make sure I find those threads and I'm sure you'll be put to shame once again.

1 Like

Re: 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit by Janosky: 4:59pm On May 30, 2021
Emusan:

Christ said to be THE POWER and THE WISDOM of God!
Emusan have you forgotten your numerous LIES & denial of Jesus the wisdom created before the works of old @ Proverbs 8:22 ?

DUBIOUS man , LIENUS you will disgrace yourself on this thread, no worry.
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Things To Do After A Spiritual Spouse Deliverance That A Pstor Won't Tell You / Contradicting Prophecies Abound On Anambra Governorship Election Outcome / Should I Leave The Church Because Of Him? Pease I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.