Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,573 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion (4187 Views)

Video - GEJ Calm And Optimistic Before Elections Result - Reuben Abati / Doyin Okupe: NIGERIA CAN'T AFFORD Brand New Trains, It Is Not America / Watch Video: GEJ Booed In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 8:57pm On Mar 07, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faSf--upzqA

Doyin Okupe the Senior Special Assistant to the President has admitted in a separate video that GEJ's trains are not brand new.
https://www.nairaland.com/2184251/doyin-okupe-nigeria-cant-afford

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by DaBullIT(m): 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2015
Hehehe

Where's all the factory fitted AC and ash colored leather seat, Hahahahaha

Where are the PDP's loyal commenters

Dem don enter Bush grin angry grin grin

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

What da phock is this shyt? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So this is what GEJ has been boasting about? 1900s train? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You Nigerians are in trouble if this is what your President deems fit to give y'all.

3 Likes

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2015
DaBullIT:
Hehehe

Where's all the factory fitted AC and ash colored leather seat, Hahahahaha

Where are the PDP's loyal commenters

Dem don enter Bush grin angry grin grin

First they used to ask for video evidence.
Now that we have it, they will try to claim that this video is doctored by APC. PDP and lies are jolly bedfellows.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by DaBullIT(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
LRNZH:

First they used to ask for video evidence.
Now that we have it, they will try to claim that this video is doctored by APC. PDP and lies are jolly bedfellows.

cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Maclatunji, Obinoscopy, OAM4J

Hahaha iyaf tire grin grin
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
pDude:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

What da phock is this shyt? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So this is what GEJ has been boasting about? 1900s train? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You Nigerians are in trouble if this is what your President deems fit to give y'all.
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 9:42pm On Mar 07, 2015
Just check out the number of people whose lives have been positively affected by GEJ's transformation agenda.
I could count at least 2000 people using that train and that is just one trip!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Ralphlauren(m): 9:44pm On Mar 07, 2015
OMG!

I thought the trains that ply downtown new york were old and shitty but mehnnnnnn they've got nothing on this so called 'GEJ's transformation' train.

This is nothing but a MOLUE on a train track! Damn! shocked angry
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2015

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2015
Collynzo9:
Just check out the number of people whose lives have been positively affected by GEJ's transformation agenda.
I could count at least 2000 people using that train and that is just one trip!

Before you unwittingly run off celebrating mediocrity, take a look at what Taiwan did with just $3.4Billion. 30 state of the art trains.

The THSR 700T - Taiwan High Speed Rail (Cost $3.4 billion US)
This operates on the high-speed line between Taipei and Kaohsiung in Taiwan. The train entered into service with Taiwan High Speed Rail in January 2007.
It operates at a speed of 300kmph reducing the journey time between the two cities from four hours to just 90 minutes.
It was constructed by Kawasaki, Hitachi and Nippon Sharyo. Based on Kawasaki's 700 series Shinkansen trains, the 700T was the first Taiwanese rolling stock to import Japanese high speed rail technology.
The total investment for manufacturing the initial 30 trains in the series reached about NT$100bn ($3.4bn).courtesy of Oduastates

Meanwhile Nigeria has sunk to $70Billion debt under GEJ from $21Billion under Yar'adua.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2015
The video only showcases the usual rowdy nature of Lagos, the same applies to road transport in the city. That was a rowdy but very effective train ride as evidenced by the number of people transported.
Here is a video of a more comfortable and classy train ride in another part of Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYYJSt7KqGY

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:
OMG!

I thought the trains that ply downtown new york were old and shitty but mehnnnnnn they've got nothing on this so called 'GEJ's transformation' train.

This is nothing but a MOLUE on a train track! Damn! shocked angry

I couldn't have been more succinct. Molue on tracks.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
LRNZH:

Before you unwittingly run off celebrating mediocrity, take a look at what Taiwan did with just $3.4Billion. 30 state of the art trains.

The THSR 700T - Taiwan High Speed Rail (Cost $3.4 billion US)
This operates on the high-speed line between Taipei and Kaohsiung in Taiwan. The train entered into service with Taiwan High Speed Rail in January 2007.
It operates at a speed of 300kmph reducing the journey time between the two cities from four hours to just 90 minutes.
It was constructed by Kawasaki, Hitachi and Nippon Sharyo. Based on Kawasaki's 700 series Shinkansen trains, the 700T was the first Taiwanese rolling stock to import Japanese high speed rail technology.
The total investment for manufacturing the initial 30 trains in the series reached about NT$100bn ($3.4bn).courtesy of Oduastates

Meanwhile Nigeria has sunk to $70Billion debt under GEJ from $21Billion under Yar'adua.
Stop comparing apples and oranges.
Plans for the Taiwan highs speed rails started in 1990 and the project finally materialised in 2007, a whooping 17 years, yet you want GEJ to perform magic in 5 years? You have to walk before you run.
You guys are extremely shameless.
After months of delays and false starts, Taiwan’s 345km (220 mile) high-speed line between Taipei and Kaohsiung finally opened for service on 5 January 2007 , when the first fare-paying passengers boarded a 700T trainset at Panchaio station. Plans were first drawn up for a high-speed rail line between Taipei and Kaohsiung, Taiwan's two largest cities, in the early 1990s, and the route is seen as a major threat to passenger volumes by airline companies, not least because rail fares are lower than air. Plans for the high-speed line were developed to
tackle continuing growth in traffic between the 'big two' cities, with Government officials looking to the example of Japan with its well-advanced system of dedicated high-speed routes linking major cities.
www.railway-technology.com/projects/taiwan/
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Redoil: 10:04pm On Mar 07, 2015
LRNZH:

I couldn't have been more succinct. Molue on tracks.
the video you posted was recorded b4 now. I dare you to go to iddo terminus and check if such thiing is in existence

4 Likes

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Collynzo9:

Stop comparing apples and oranges.
Plans for the Taiwan highs speed rails started in 1990 and the project finally materialised in 2007, a whooping 17 years, yet you want GEJ to perform magic in 5 years? You have to walk before you run.
You guys are extremely shameless.

www.railway-technology.com/projects/taiwan/

Wriggle out of this one....Mr. fruits. Big projects are not rocket science. Ethiopia planned and is eeuting this hydroelecric project which is even at larger scale than a railways project.

The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Benishangul-Gumuz Region, Ethiopia (Cost: $4.8 Billion US)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD or Taehige), formerly known as the Millennium Dam and sometimes referred to as Hidase Dam, is a gravity dam on the Blue Nile River in Ethiopia currently under construction. It is in the Benishangul-Gumuz Region of Ethiopia, about 40 km (25 mi) east of the border with Sudan.
At 6,000 MW, the dam will be the largest hydroelectric power plant in Africa when completed, as well as the 8th largest in the world sharing the spot with Krasnoyarskaya.The reservoir at 63 billion cubic meters will be one of the continent's largest. According to the Ethiopian government, as of October 2014, the dam is 40% complete.
The Ethiopian government funds the entire cost of the dam ($4.8 billion US) by itself.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by alaoeri: 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
Redoil:
the video you posted was recorded b4 now. I dare you to go to iddo terminus and check if such thiing is in existence
Stop lying those locomotives are still much more in use, Sambo commissioned only two fairly used trains will 9coaches each.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 10:13pm On Mar 07, 2015
See the kind of project APC plebs said we should copy.
Taiwan High Speed Rail bankruptcy is imminent: transportation minister
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Minister of Transportation and Communications (MOTC) Yeh Kuang-shih (葉匡時) yesterday stated that deteriorating finances at the Taiwan High Speed Rail Corporation (THSR, 高鐵) may result in imminent bankruptcy in March next year, during a Legislative Yuan session yesterday. As of June this year, the THSR had accumulated losses of NT$47 billion, and is currently embroiled in 39 lawsuits relating to redemption of preferred
shares by its investors. Most notably, reports suggest that the outlook of four of the 39 preferred shares lawsuits appear to be especially grim as judges have ruled in favor of
investors in the court of first instance. The Taiwan High Speed Rail Corp. may be required to furnish NT $53.3 billion to pay off investors as they exercise their option to redeem holdings of preferred shares, backed by order of the courts. Under tremendous financial strain, the THSR may buckle as soon as March of next year. Once bankruptcy is declared, the THSR is expected to go under government receivership, wiping out the fortunes vested in the company by its five founding shareholders and more than 60,000 members of the investing public. In addition, losses incurred by the THSR are likely to be covered by the nation's taxpayers. Meanwhile, efforts at turning around the THSR's troubled finances have yet to yield tangible improvements. Citing three inevitable factors, the THSR had once urged the government to provide the ailing rail service with funds of NT$397.4 billion. A government takeover of THSR is expected to cost more than NT$390 billion. In addition to the challenges of providing alternative employment for the rail service's 3,500-strong staff, reports suggest that it may take as long as 59 years to repay interest costs and principal from loans taken on by the THSR. A recent financial improvement plan submitted by the THSR called to expend NT$39.2 billion to meet preferred share redemption obligations, followed by a NT$39.1 billion capital reduction, then a NT$30 billion cash injection to enable government- affiliated stakeholders to control 41 percent of THSR. The MOTC also approved the extension of the concession period for the THSR from the current 35 years to 75 years. The Taiwan High Speed Rail Corp., however, will no longer be able to hike its prices without the approval of governing bodies.
Although the newly proposed THSR pricing structure warranted a 7.5-percent reduction, with the price for a trip from Taipei to Kaohsiung set to be decreased from NT$1,630 to NT$1,530, the adjusted price still exceeds the NT$1,490 recorded prior to a price hike initiated in October last year, drawing the ire of opposition party lawmakers during yesterday's Legislative Yuan session. In response, Yeh noted that forthcoming fare
adjustments have not been finalized.
www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/2014/11/06/421201/Taiwan-High.htm
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Naijiant: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2015
The trains were good enough for Buhahahari.
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/double-irony-for-buhahari/
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2015
LRNZH:

Wriggle out of this one....Mr. fruits. Big projects are not rocket science. Ethiopia planned and is eeuting this hydroelecric project which is even at larger scale than a railways project.

The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam, Benishangul-Gumuz Region, Ethiopia (Cost: $4.8 Billion US)
The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD or Taehige), formerly known as the Millennium Dam and sometimes referred to as Hidase Dam, is a gravity dam on the Blue Nile River in Ethiopia currently under construction. It is in the Benishangul-Gumuz Region of Ethiopia, about 40 km (25 mi) east of the border with Sudan.
At 6,000 MW, the dam will be the largest hydroelectric power plant in Africa when completed, as well as the 8th largest in the world sharing the spot with Krasnoyarskaya.The reservoir at 63 billion cubic meters will be one of the continent's largest. According to the Ethiopian government, as of October 2014, the dam is 40% complete.
The Ethiopian government funds the entire cost of the dam ($4.8 billion US) by itself.
So you have moved from trains to dams? Why not open another thread for this one, I will see you there.
Achile L. Ali you are so shameless.

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2015
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2015
Collynzo9:

[s]So you have moved from trains to dams? Why not open another thread for this one, I will see you there.
Achile L. Ali you are so shameless.[/s]

That was a response to another person in the context of his post.
I have noticed that you are too immature for a worthwhile discussion. Every time you are faced with biting facts you resort to personal attacks. Inventing names from out of your butt for posters on NL is very cheap gimmicks. Grow up.
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Collynzo9: 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2015
LRNZH:

That was a response to another person in the context of his post.
I have noticed that you are too immature for a worthwhile discussion. Every time you are faced with biting facts you resort to personal attacks. Inventing names from out of your butt for posters on NL is very cheap gimmicks. Grow up.
Ali, that post was in response to me and there was nothing about dams in my post.
I think you are the one who has been boxed to a corner here else how can you explain the sudden shift from trains to dams?

2 Likes

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Ralphlauren(m): 10:35pm On Mar 07, 2015
Naijiant:
The trains were good enough for Buhahahari.
http://www.naijiant.com/articles/double-irony-for-buhahari/

Olodo. Bush, village man like you.

Are you so razz and dumb that you don't know the difference between a train and an airport shuttle bus?

I did your broke ass a favour by clicking on that link. The picture on that crappy website of yours is Buhari inside an AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS!!!

You get it? Didirin! angry

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 10:38pm On Mar 07, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Are you so razz and dumb that you don't know the difference between a train and an airport shuttle bus?

I did your broke ass a favour by clicking on that link. The picture on that crappy website of yours is Buhari inside an AIRPORT SHUTTLE BUS!!!

Dont waste MB on these posters abeg... Igenti... Odi onye izuzu

1 Like

Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by LRNZH(m): 10:41pm On Mar 07, 2015
Collynzo9:

[s]Ali, that post was in response to me and there was nothing about dams in my post.
I think you are the one who has been boxed to a corner here else how can you explain the sudden shift from trains to dams?[/s]

Like I stated, you're too immature for a reasonable banter. Nna clear to the left...
Re: VIDEO: GEJ's REFURBISHED TRAINS In Motion by Naijiant: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ralphlauren:

And here's a picture of Buhahari in a public toilet! grin

PS: If you must call people names, say it in language they understand. I've no idea what "didirin" is and don't care either.

(1) (Reply)

25000 PDP Members In RIVERS State Defect To APC. / Biafra Finally Put To Rest / Meet Adams Oshiomole’s ‘twin’ Brother +pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.