Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,729 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Definition Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Definition Of God (2071 Views)

What Is The Meaning/Definition Of The Word Catholic? / The True Definition Of Athiesm / What Is The Definition Of Evil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Definition Of God by Jameselias: 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
GOD is a force not a name, it's the underlining force behind all manifested realities(including all dieties) in all dimensions,

pple should stop using the word GOD, here, in place of dieties, pls mention dieties by name and stop using the title GOD for them,

that which can be named is not GOD, and that which has form is not GOD,

pls i'm considering quiting NL b/cos it's filled with bunch of ignoramus and dogmatic religionist's, u gain noting here just loads of headache,
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 11:55pm On Mar 08, 2015
So so amazing how u all agree wit this post
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
I hope this definition puts an end to unceasant confusion and argurment caused by the word or term called 'GOD' in NL
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 2:13am On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
GOD is a force not a name, it's the underlining force behind all manifested realities(including all dieties) in all dimensions,
A force is quantifiable(measurable) and can be detected....How come "god" is not?..

pple should stop using the word GOD, here, in place of dieties, pls mention dieties by name and stop using the title GOD for them,
You are boisterous of your "god" but don't want other people of different faiths to call theirs "god" too?...
What stops you from becoming an extremist then since you can already claim your belief as the one who can call their deity "god"?

So "elohim" isn't "god" then right?....what about "jehova"?

pls i'm considering quiting NL b/cos it's filled with bunch of ignoramus and dogmatic religionist's, u gain noting here just loads of headache,
Make any choice you feel like, so far it's not fundamentalism bourne....

4 Likes

Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 7:40am On Mar 09, 2015
davien:
A force is quantifiable(measurable) and can be detected....How come "god" is not?..

You are boisterous of your "god" but don't want other people of different faiths to call theirs "god" too?...
What stops you from becoming an extremist then since you can already claim your belief as the one who can call their deity "god"?
So "elohim" isn't "god" then right?....what about "jehova"?
Make any choice you feel like, so far it's not fundamentalism bourne....
acute understanding deficiency,
didn't u see i siad the letters G.O.D, is not a name of any thing.
U sound like a religionist,
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2015
@ davien, consider that at the sub atomic level neutron and electron are said to carry positve and negative charges respectively,
now the question is, from where or what is the cause of this electrical charges found at that level, non knows,
see..., GOD becomes the unseen, unknown underlining force behind all manifested phenomena or relities,
noting happens without a cause,
we all, including modern science, see the effect and manifestation of electricity but non knows what the force or cause under lining this electricity actually is,
thus my definition still stands.
Re: Definition Of God by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 09, 2015
each religion has its own view and definition of their deity conceived as the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe as written in each of their books by stone-age power mongers seeking control of foolish masses.
the overall definition of GOD is a Hoax.
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 10:09am On Mar 09, 2015
If one traces the cause of any manifested phenomena(inluding dieties) it runs into eternity, GOD, here becomes the X factor, the unseen, unknown, cause underlining all manifeted phenomena,or realities, deities included.
Don't u pple just get it.
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2015
MrPresident:
each religion has its own view and definition of their deity conceived as the supernatural creator and overseer of the universe as written in each of their books by stone-age power mongers seeking control of foolish masses.
the overall definition of GOD is a Hoax.
Jameselias:
@ davien, consider that at the sub atomic level neutron and electron are said to carry positve and negative charges respectively,
now *** the question is, from where or what is the cause of this electrical charges found at that level, non knows,
see..., GOD becomes the unseen, unknown underlining force behind all manifested phenomena or relities,
we all, including modern science, see the effect and manifestation of electricity but non knows what the force or cause under lining this electricity actually is,
answer the question in my post marked with ***
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
okay....

now the question is, from where or what is the cause of this electrical charges found at that level, non knows,
see...,
Actually the spin and quark configurations determine what a sub-atomic particle is....and to say where it came from is both nonsensical and inapplicable,energy to us seems like it comes from places(like the sun) but what most people don't know is that energy is everywhere....constantly being rearranged into matter,heat,work,etc...
And that space is merely a phenomena that allows objects to be located in 3(x,y,t) points...
So your question is nonsensical because sub-atomic particles(in atoms) form not from "locations" but anywhere that allows such things to physically exist and interact I.e space
GOD becomes the unseen, unknown underlining force behind all manifested phenomena or relities,
If "god" is unknown how do you know it well enough to list its properties? and does this "force" have a gender?(something only physical things possess I.e by definition)

Oh so what caused "god" then? or is "god" used as special pleading to break the chain of infinite regress?

Can you try googling virtual particles that apparently pop in and out of existence without cause?...
what caused them?...
should we assume an unseem virtual particles genie behind the occurrence?

The source of your electricity would be what it is derived from....so to us,it would be from a dam....but to put it in physical terms....electrons are the cause and manipulation of electricity..
The point is we know a lot better about electricity than "god",we manipulate,test and can even measure it....can you say the same for "god"?

3 Likes

Re: Definition Of God by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2015
Nowadays, theists/deists want to define God as a 'force', probably in order to sound smart but it ends up backfiring.

Giving things illogical or unfalsifiable definitions says nothing about their existence and with the help of special pleading, only leans towards the infamous god of the gaps argument which we've all seen countless times.
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2015
Deities(gods) are still within the range or definition of manifested phenomena but what should be called a GOD is that which is, unmanifeste,
underlining the manifestation of all phenomena and realities (gods included) in all dimensions

@ davien spin and quarks are effect not a cause ,
they are caused by something,
what that thing is, is the X,
the X factor, the unknown, the unseen, unmanifest, the X factor, or the GOD factor still holds, weither u like it, or not,
the known is only a drop in the ocean of the unknown.
Get it!
Re: Definition Of God by Horus(m): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:

The name "God" is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You are reading a translation. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Elohim, the plural of Eloh.
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 1:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
Deities(gods) are still within the range or definition of manifested phenomena but what should be called a GOD is that which is, unmanifeste,
underlining the manifestation of all phenomena and realities (gods included) in all dimensions
Note this question,how do you know this?...not believe this,but how do you demonstrably know this

@ davien spin and quarks are effect not a cause ,
Okay then tell me what causes "spin and quarks"?

they are caused by something,
which is?

what that thing is, is the X,
Labelling an unknown is the first step in science,now any hypotheses to test it?

the X factor, the unknown, the unseen, unmanifest, the X factor, or the GOD factor still holds, weither u like it, or not,
So you stop at the labelling part and leave it untested?
Imagine a school built on your reasoning 2+2=X, X=unknown digit, unknown digit= genie factor.. genie factor is real whether you like it or not. undecided

the known is only a drop in the ocean of the unknown.
Get it!
True...that doesn't mean the unknown should be filled with untestable assumptions.....one can only progress once one knows or has knowledge of an unknown....If we didn't know about inertia and other physical phenomena how would we build rockets? or locomotive devices properly?

2 Likes

Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Horus:

The name "God" is not really in the bible. If this is not an English book written by Englishmen, it’s not there; it was added. You are reading a translation. You will also find that God, whether you have a big G, or little g, is not being used in the singular tense, as Eloh or Allah. The beings spoken of in the bible and Koran are the Elohim, the plural of Eloh.
didn't u see, i said it's not a name? i am defining it, as a term, not as a name, deities,(gods) e:g; the elohim's are the ones tha have names,
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 1:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
@ davien, no i'm not saying the x factor, or God factor, should be untestable, on the contrary, it should be,
i'm saying that we have already known much of God but not all, and the all, can not be known, hence the X, (GOD) factor, only that religionist's are confusing us with amtropomorphism,
davien, i think we are basicaly saying the same thing, but since u don't want to use the word or term 'GOD'
can u pls tell us what u rather ( we ) call the unknown (GOD) factor, the X,
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
@ davien, no i'm not saying the x factor, or God factor, should be untestable, on the contrary, it should be,
i'm saying that we have already known much of God but not all, and the all, can not be known, hence the X, (GOD) factor, only that religionist's are confusing us with amtropomorphism,
davien, i think we are basicaly saying the same thing, but since u don't want to use the word or term 'GOD'
can u pls tell us what u rather ( we ) call the unknown (GOD) factor, the X,
really, how does your concept deviate from anthropomorphism?
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
davien:
really, how does your concept deviate from anthropomorphism?
look at it critically and u will see it does in a lot of ways,
first, i siad it's a force not a being,
second it can not be named, be/cos it's not yet fully known, ETC,
at least we have agreed that there is an X factor the unknown tell me what u rather we call it?
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
look at it critically and u will see it does in a lot of ways,
first, i siad it's a force not a being,
let's define the terms then...what type of force is this?....is it quanitifable if not why call it a force?

second it can not be named, be/cos it's not yet fully known, ETC,
A name is nothing to a "force"......if knowledge is incomplete that doesn't change having a name.....so what name should we call this "force"?
bonus question.. is it a physical force?
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
Davien, let's put it this way GOD is the unknown, what do u say?
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
Davien, let's put it this way GOD is the unknown, what do u say?
how did you arrive at that?.... and why the bolded words?
Re: Definition Of God by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
I am GOD.

And I exist.

You guys can fight over that
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 3:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
[quo te author=FOLYKAZE post=31454906]I am GOD.

And I exist[/quote]

i believe u, and so i am too, and so is davien and is all else, GOD here becomes the all in all,
but the religionist attribute super human character to the unknown
davien do u now get it?
Re: Definition Of God by Jameselias: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
@ davien, all i understand from what u were saying is that, u don't want to hear or see the three letter word? G.O.D,
but why?
Re: Definition Of God by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
[quo te author=FOLYKAZE post=31454906]I am GOD.

And I exist

i believe u, and so i am too, and so is davien and is all else, GOD here becomes the all in all,
but the religionist attribute super human character to the unknown
davien do u now get it?

personification is a form of expression.

I dont need to see tortoise as a wise being that trick people around. Common sense would tell me there is more to the tale which is moral essense.

Atheist and thiest should continue fight over what God is.
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

personification is a form of expression.

I dont need to see tortoise as a wise being that trick people around. Common sense would tell me there is more to the tale which is moral essense.

Atheist and thiest should continue fight over what God is.
It isn't a "fight", its merely a debate.
Re: Definition Of God by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2015
davien:
It isn't a "fight", its merely a debate.

With hatetheist?

I dont have the time
Re: Definition Of God by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
@ davien, all i understand from what u were saying is that, u don't want to hear or see the three letter word? G.O.D,
but why?

He is a Hatetheist.

He hate to see the three letter GOD
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

He is a Hatetheist.

He hate to see the three letter GOD
Very funny.....I'm not a hatetheist tongue I'm an atheist! smiley
Re: Definition Of God by davien(m): 4:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Jameselias:
but why?
please post where I specificly said that... undecided
Re: Definition Of God by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
davien:
Very funny.....I'm not a hatetheist tongue I'm an atheist! smiley

Then you are a noisemaker.

Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustified religious beliefs.
Re: Definition Of God by Arosa(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
God is incomprehensible our human brain is not developed enough to understand what God is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunday Message - Engaging The Breakthrough Power Of The Word / Salvation Through Trust / Nigerian Pastor In A Serious Boxing Combat With A Demon Posses Man - Full Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.