Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

"Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" (5299 Views)

Ladies, Do You Feel Right After You Turn Him Down? / His Girlfriend Wants To Turn Him To An Atm Card / How To Kiss A Guy For The First Time And Turn Him On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by rudebouy: 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2015
Toeyean1507:
Good for u

Ur supposed to thank me becos I know say dose two questions bin day give u headache abi?cheesy

Talk true?
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by jimohibrahim(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
ok
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by jimohibrahim(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Toeyean1507:
The believer dat I mean is one dat enjoys d potentials and goodies that come with a 'chacha' lady and not d one that has tried to compromise a lotta tins dat defined her uniqueness of being original.
hmm gotcha ... nice write up though.
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by redcliff: 12:11am On Mar 09, 2015
Toeyean1507:
Since the beginning of time, woman has been a gift to man. Eve didn’t have to do much to win Adam over in the perfect garden. She probably hadn’t shaved or spent tons of money at the salon and definitely hadn’t learned 50 ways to cook chicken to win Adam over. He knew that she was a gift and he was thankful.

Unfortunately today women are doing all they can to convince a guy that they are worth having. Magazine articles, books and well meaning friends and family constantly remind us that we are not doing enough. We are told that if we are still single, it’s our fault (either directly or indirectly) and we should be doing A, B & C to win the affection of a man.

I’ve been there. I’ve read through all the articles only to find myself a little more discouraged. These articles usually tend to reinforce that I’m not good enough and that I need to act a certain way for the right man to fall for me. Talk less, talk more, play hard to get, don’t play games, tell him how you feel, don’t tell him how you feel, wear more heels, sneakers are hot, and the list goes on. All the advice is ever changing and it’s hard to keep up with the best way to attract a man.

This quote stood out to me the other day “ Act Like a Prize and You will Turn him into a Believer”.

This quote got me to thinking that if women were truly the prize, why do we stress out so much over relationships. Do guys run to the mall to buy a new shirt to impress a girl on a date? Do they fall asleep reading articles entitled “How to get a girl to notice me”? Do they take a cooking class just so they can make their girlfriend the best dinner ever? Maybe some do but I think we can all agree that sometimes women worry too much about getting a man and keeping him.

Sometimes we just need to be reminded that we are the prize!

We want to feel like a prize but often times we don’t. We put in a lot of energy to get little attention from a guy that we may be interested in. If we want to be treated like a prize, we need to learn how to act like a prize. Here are three things to remember when acting like a prize.

Prizes are earned. In a race, all the runners have the same chance of winning, but only one gets 1st prize. This means that we don’t have to make ourselves available to every man that presents himself to us. We are available to the ones who value the prize so much that they are willing to put in the extra work it takes to win us. This doesn’t mean that we have men jumping through hoops, but it does mean taking notice of the guy who picks up the phone to call and makes his intentions clear versus the one who sends many mixed signals and leaves you confused.

Prizes have worth. Keeping with our race analogy, we can’t expect the runners to give their all for a prize that they don’t value. As women, instead of trying to accomplish and do things to prove our value we need to start believing the value that we already have as God’s beloved daughters! I have accomplished quite a few things in my life that add to my “worldly” value but none of those things has gotten me a husband. Believe that you truly are God’s prized possession and you will begin to shine and everyone will notice.

Prizes don’t compete. The only people who should be competing in a race are the runners, not the prizes! Each level or variety of prize is unique and valuable in it’s own way. As women, we sometimes forget that we should not be in competition with one another. We are all valuable prizes and we should be celebrating each other and not competing. A woman who is constantly in competition with other women is communicating that she doesn’t see her own value.

In all these things, remember that instead of being frustrated that men don’t see you as a prize you should challenge yourself to start acting like the prize that you believe you truly are.

Everything is wrong with this article and that is where the problem lies. Women feel that they were sent into this world as the ultimate gift to men which is not so. This is the same reason why they feel they are doing us men a favor by having se.ex with us. the more this types of mentalities keep floating around your heads the more you keep on getting it wrong all the time. Even if this article was not your write up but for the fact you seem to be on the same page with it means that you would also take the insults coming at the article.

You are not a price! okay even if you are for a second thought, prizes are always kept on the shelves. and you know what they say about humans being insatiable, they move on to the next big thing. Prices have worth but not to the owner anymore. Be careful with the kinds of articles you digest because they may in the long run lead you to make wrong decisions you might not like to live with!.
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 09, 2015
Toeyean1507:
Since the beginning of time, woman has been a gift to man. Eve didn’t have to do much to win Adam over in the perfect garden. She probably hadn’t shaved or spent tons of money at the salon and definitely hadn’t learned 50 ways to cook chicken to win Adam over. He knew that she was a gift and he was thankful.

Unfortunately today women are doing all they can to convince a guy that they are worth having. Magazine articles, books and well meaning friends and family constantly remind us that we are not doing enough. We are told that if we are still single, it’s our fault (either directly or indirectly) and we should be doing A, B & C to win the affection of a man.

I’ve been there. I’ve read through all the articles only to find myself a little more discouraged. These articles usually tend to reinforce that I’m not good enough and that I need to act a certain way for the right man to fall for me. Talk less, talk more, play hard to get, don’t play games, tell him how you feel, don’t tell him how you feel, wear more heels, sneakers are hot, and the list goes on. All the advice is ever changing and it’s hard to keep up with the best way to attract a man.

This quote stood out to me the other day “ Act Like a Prize and You will Turn him into a Believer”.

This quote got me to thinking that if women were truly the prize, why do we stress out so much over relationships. Do guys run to the mall to buy a new shirt to impress a girl on a date? Do they fall asleep reading articles entitled “How to get a girl to notice me”? Do they take a cooking class just so they can make their girlfriend the best dinner ever? Maybe some do but I think we can all agree that sometimes women worry too much about getting a man and keeping him.

We want to feel like a prize but often times we don’t. We put in a lot of energy to get little attention from a guy that we may be interested in. If we want to be treated like a prize, we need to learn how to act like a prize. Here are three things to remember when acting like a prize.

Prizes are earned. In a race, all the runners have the same chance of winning, but only one gets 1st prize. This means that we don’t have to make ourselves available to every man that presents himself to us. We are available to the ones who value the prize so much that they are willing to put in the extra work it takes to win us. This doesn’t mean that we have men jumping through hoops, but it does mean taking notice of the guy who picks up the phone to call and makes his intentions clear versus the one who sends many mixed signals and leaves you confused.

Prizes have worth. Keeping with our race analogy, we can’t expect the runners to give their all for a prize that they don’t value. As women, instead of trying to accomplish and do things to prove our value we need to start believing the value that we already have as God’s beloved daughters! I have accomplished quite a few things in my life that add to my “worldly” value but none of those things has gotten me a husband. Believe that you truly are God’s prized possession and you will begin to shine and everyone will notice.

Prizes don’t compete. The only people who should be competing in a race are the runners, not the prizes! Each level or variety of prize is unique and valuable in it’s own way. As women, we sometimes forget that we should not be in competition with one another. We are all valuable prizes and we should be celebrating each other and not competing. A woman who is constantly in competition with other women is communicating that she doesn’t see her own value.

In all these things, remember that instead of being frustrated that men don’t see you as a prize you should challenge yourself to start acting like the prize that you believe you truly are.
You write up. Is about becoming a price,since when did females becomes commodity...instead of becoming a price,why don't you and the rest of your like work on yourself and find better ways in which you can add to the good welfare of your man to be......

Price are placed on commodity, commodity are bought with money and most commodity needs to be maintained with money....is this the type of cycle you wish to begin....

you be a price or an investment....I ain't having anything with you,if am getting nothing tangible from you....

No offence
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 09, 2015
Toeyean1507:

Ohhh I so love my self...if you are a price,a diamond an immeasurable commodity...then we the folks what should we call ourselves....

If you are a price good for you,you can go ahead and market yourself...anything that rocks your boat...
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by anisylva(m): 2:30am On Mar 09, 2015
Toeyean1507:
Good for u
madam belive and believer...i really wanted to comment but that bros 'rudboy' don finish work here. If you did not know what to say (as it appears for the most part) you should have just laughed it off cuz he proved that you cannot defend your arguement(and he did it so politely). This good for you wey you talk now no polite atall. That was ego, and trust me it will keep your 'believer' away...just saying
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by Toeyean1507(f): 8:05am On Mar 09, 2015
anisylva:
madam belive and believer...i really wanted to comment but that bros 'rudboy' don finish work here. If you did not know what to say (as it appears for the most part) you should have just laughed it off cuz he proved that you cannot defend your arguement(and he did it so politely). This good for you wey you talk now no polite atall. That was ego, and trust me it will keep your 'believer' away...just saying
When I decided to post this here,I knew I was gonna be fazed and bashed. In as much as i would have overlook tins,I won't cos it seems most of u don't get d message I'm tryna pass across but if u had taken time to read and assimilate wat I ve up there,we wouldn't be having dis conversation. Lemme summarize it for u. That write up is only trying to dissuade d womenfolk from having to overly 'edit' themselves in order to suit u guys. If dats clear,then answer this. Would u prefer a bleached babe to a black beauty with no blemishes?
Re: "Act like a prize and you'll turn him to a believer" by anisylva(m): 10:36am On Mar 09, 2015
Toeyean1507:
When I decided to post this here,I knew I was gonna be fazed and bashed. In as much as i would have overlook tins,I won't cos it seems most of u don't get d message I'm tryna pass across but if u had taken time to read and assimilate wat I ve up there,we wouldn't be having dis conversation. Lemme summarize it for u. That write up is only trying to dissuade d womenfolk from having to overly 'edit' themselves in order to suit u guys. If dats clear,then answer this. Would u prefer a bleached babe to a black beauty with no blemishes?
sweedy wait, no one is trying to bash you - atleast not me, we are adults, arent we? So lets speak objectively minded. dis 'editing', is it only about aesthetics? are u only refering to physical attributes like hair and skin colour or other things like chatacter and attitude are also involved?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Romancelanders Do You Think Will Be Good Together As A Couple? / Seun Is My Boy / What Do Men Really Gain From Sucking Of Boobs? See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.