Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

American Idol (2009) Tonight - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Idol (2009) Tonight (29346 Views)

American Idol 2008 / Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol / American Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 1:27am On Mar 21, 2009
~The focus seem to be on Adam right about now . . Sometimes it feels like the show is predictable most especially if there isnt much competition . . but with the Public vote,everything is left w/ Chance!

~My Fav. are Matt ~ Allison~ Danny ~Scott &  Adam . . Gutted Jorge got voted out,i was so looking forward to seein him grow oon AI  cry

~Anoop,Lil Rounds am kind of in the middle of the road with . . .i was impressed w/ Anoop's performance this week tho . . . the others arent doing enuff to blow me away just yet undecided
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 21, 2009
people are still watching AI? I gave it up this yr, a waste of Tue and Wed night.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 21, 2009
Yup we still watch it. tongue Adam's one of my favorites. I don't know why no one liked his rendition of "ring of fire" last Tuesday. I loved it. cool I was pissed when I heard it was Country week. undecided
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 1:54am On Mar 21, 2009
stillwater:

I don't know why no one liked his rendition of "ring of fire" last Tuesday. I loved it. cool

~he wowed me w/ it . . .I bet if it went out on the charts now,it will be a no1 single!!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 2:03am On Mar 21, 2009
the Indian guy sings well. Managed to sit through a short 10 min clip of some of their songs. Apart from that the rest are nothing but generic.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tope2000(f): 9:52pm On Mar 22, 2009
Adam is my favourite kiss kiss kiss kiss
His voice is unbelievable shocked
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KikiDixy(f): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2009
ADAM LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember the name!!

I loved RIng of Fire, I no know wetin the judges dey yarn oh, It was outta this world, and he did great last night also, He leaves everyone else behind in his rear view mirror vocally!

Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Loved MoTown Night . . .Most impressed w/ Matt ~ Adam ~ Allison ~ Anoop's Performances . . .waiting on the result show tonight!

~Adam's rendition of Tracks Of My Tears . . gave me misty eyes . .Loved the way he changed his apperance!

~Was good seein Smokey Too
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2009
~I Cudnt belive Matt was in the Bottom 3 . . shocked

~I wonder who the Judges think is worthy of their Vote undecided It defo will be interesting to see . . .
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KikiDixy(f): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2009
mohawkchic:

~I Cudnt belive Matt was in the Bottom 3 . . shocked

~I wonder who the Judges think is worthy of their Vote undecided It defo will be interesting to see . . .

Matt isnt exactly crusing right now.yesterday was another lacklustre performance, in short the whole show sucked last night, atrocious song choices

I think the judges will use the save on either Allison or Kris (or Lil?) if there are ever in the bottom spot. They wont waste it on people like Anoop,Scott or Matt, and I bet Danny and Adam will at least make top 5 so they won t have to use it on them either
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tope2000(f): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2009
Danny n Adam was my fav on thursday kiss
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 08, 2009
Oh my goodness. I just realized I love Adammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Ok I've always loved him, but somebody pinch me. I loveeeeeeeee him. tongue

Simon gave him a standing ovation. OMG!!! grin
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 08, 2009
LOL, when was the last time I watched american idol sef.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KikiDixy(f): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2009
ADAM WAS AWESOME LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Pataki: 3:14am On Apr 09, 2009
This hype on Adam is just too much. Personally for me, Danny Gokey is my American Idol for this year. That guy is simply amazing.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 4:39am On Apr 09, 2009
Pataki:

This hype on Adam is just too much. Personally for me, Danny Gokey is my American Idol for this year. That guy is simply amazing.

Danny Gokey is ok, but unfortunately he's been slipping the past few weeks (like Lil Rounds). He's definitely no longer as good as he was and certainly not as good as he thinks he is.

My faves from this week were definitely Adam and Allison (who I'm supporting for this season). I also thought Chris and Matt were pretty good, they both project a chill Jason Mraz-ish vibe, but in different ways.

The right person sha went home this week.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by touchmeder: 3:12pm On Apr 09, 2009
Yup we still watch it. Tongue Adam's one of my favorites. I don't know why no one liked his rendition of "ring of fire" last Tuesday. I loved it. Cool I was pissed when I heard it was Country week. Undecided

good God i tot i was the only one. it ws out of this world. i miss it sometimes tho when did dt spanish speaking guy gooooooooooooooooo. cry
ok m outdated
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by KikiDixy(f): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2009
Danny Gokey is an okay singer, I like him too. Both he and Adam have been hyped from Day 1, the difference between the 2 is that Adam is living up to the hype while Danny Gokey clearly isnt.

And yes, the right person went home last night. Scott's story is inspirational and all that but he wasnt so good
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2009
~Y'll got me hyped for AI tonight. . i try so hard not to take a peek on here before it airs here . .still still . . grin
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tope2000(f): 1:32am On Apr 10, 2009
Adam is way out of every1's league kiss kiss kiss
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Pataki: 9:31am On Apr 10, 2009
Tatase:

Danny Gokey is ok, but unfortunately he's been slipping the past few weeks (like Lil Rounds). He's definitely no longer as good as he was and certainly not as good as he thinks he is.

My faves from this week were definitely Adam and Allison (who I'm supporting for this season). I also thought Chris and Matt were pretty good, they both project a chill Jason Mraz-ish vibe, but in different ways.

The right person sha went home this week.
KikiDixy:

Danny Gokey is an okay singer, I like him too. Both he and Adam have been hyped from Day 1, the difference between the 2 is that Adam is living up to the hype while Danny Gokey clearly isnt.

And yes, the right person went home last night. Scott's story is inspirational and all that but he wasnt so good

Danny is not just an OK singer, he is a very good singer. Note that it is only him and Adam who are yet to be in the bottom three. They both have maintained a consistency with the show this year, and the judges would never fail to use their voting right to bring them back should they mistakenly fall into the bottom three.

That said, I am of the conviction that the best of Danny has not yet been truly displayed. He is saving his best for the last. I have always believed in him right from the inception and I find his story and background interesting. Another factor for me liking him is based on the fact that he is also a Choir director, hence he tends to sing songs with some level of inspiration in it.

Adam was simply exceptional this week. He totally made me breathless and speechless. Saving the best for the last. Lil Rounds has been going on the decline for the past three weeks now. What is happening to her?? She needs to get her act together seriously.

I am as well impressed within two weeks in a row, American Idol have voted out the right set of people. Megan had started getting ahead of herself, thinking she had huge amount of fans when she has not created a niche as a singer for herself. Scott on the other hand, has his own brand and swagger, but his appeal does not cut across to the present generation in America. Yes, he has an inspirational story and background, but Americans cannot forever continue to keep him there based on his circumstances. I also feel that he was becoming more of a burden on America Idol (Just my perception though).

For the top three, my intuition lies with: Danny, Adam and Alison.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 4:52am On Apr 15, 2009
~My fav Performances were Adam ~Allison ~Matt!! Noow Adam! Oh Wow! left me breathless w/ "Mad World"!!!! He sure has been consistent thro out!!

~Am rooting for Matt to make it to the top 3 . . . Adam & Allison are sailing right thro to top 3!!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 3:16am On Apr 16, 2009
mohawkchic:

~My fav Performances were Adam ~Allison ~Matt!! Noow Adam! Oh Wow! left me breathless w/ "Mad World"!!!! He sure has been consistent thro out!!

~Am rooting for Matt to make it to the top 3 . . . Adam & Allison are sailing right thro to top 3!!

About last week, I agree with you although I preferred Kris to Matt.

About this week, I don't want to spoil it in case people in the UK want to be surprised, but it was sooo stupid. The person who made it out of the bottom 2 should have been the one to go home because that person was obviously the worst yesterday and has been bad for a while! ugh!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Gabry(f): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2009
ADAM OR ALLISON!!!! grin kiss
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 1:42am On Apr 17, 2009
Tatase:

About last week, I agree with you although I preferred Kris to Matt.

About this week, I don't want to spoil it in case people in the UK want to be surprised, but it was sooo stupid. The person who made it out of the bottom 2 should have been the one to go home because that person was obviously the worst yesterday and has been bad for a while! ugh!

~Aaaw Ta. kiss

~I dunno what to make of this week's performances . .i was left deflated . . .Only Performance i loved was Kris!

~What is Up w/ Lil? The Judges keep giving her hints on Artists/Songs she cud do better w/ yet she comes back & make a mess of it. . i keep hoping she'll get it right but it cud be too late when she does get it! I wont be surprised if she's in the bottom 3 along w/ Anoop[/sup]
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Aaaw Ta. kiss

~I dunno what to make of this week's performances . .i was left deflated . . .Only Performance i loved was Kris!

~What is Up w/ Lil? The Judges keep giving her hints on Artists/Songs she cud do better w/ yet she comes back & make a mess of it. . i keep hoping she'll get it right but it cud be too late when she does get it! I wont be surprised if she's in the bottom 3 along w/ Anoop[/sup]

I know! She's friggin annoying me. It's like she has a mental block or something angry
I'm over Adam. . .his screeching is soooo last season grin
I'm not wowed by anyone anymore undecided I do like Matt though just because he reminds me of JT
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tope2000(f): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2009
Everyone was crap this week but i liked matt's performance tho undecided
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
iice:

I know! She's friggin annoying me. It's like she has a mental block or something angry
I'm over Adam. . .his screeching is soooo last season grin
I'm not wowed by anyone anymore undecided I do like Matt though just because he reminds me of JT

~Am dam sure she's got mental Block grin Am better off watching "Britains Got Talent" More laffs . . .some of my Fav.Reality Tv series this year sucks!! sad

~Adam didnt "Wow" me this week! Altho Matt sang one of my fav. Bryan Adams Song . . he didnt do it for me!

~Who wud have Thunk!! Judges using the save for Matt!! shocked I suppose since they'll be knocking 2 off next week & there're clear front runners . . they just as well used it to save Matt!

~It'll be Really Interesting to see Disco week!! cheesy ~
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2009
MC, seems we are on the same mental space grin I find the reality shows this year boring too undecided

Hehehehe, disco week is hell on them contestants grin Can't wait to see how they destroy themselves cheesy
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
iice:

MC, seems we are on the same mental space grin I find the reality shows this year boring too undecided

Hehehehe, disco week is hell on them contestants grin[b] Can't wait to see how they destroy themselves cheesy[/b]

~Me & You Both Iice!!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by amebono13: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2009
im loving adam

but i think lil round is doing well,dont know why shes going down
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 2:09am On Apr 22, 2009
~ Lil ~Anoop or Matt . . .dare i add would likely get the boot this week! Doubt there'll be any surprises on the Result show undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Profile Of Amaka, BBNaija Season 7 Housemate / Photos From Big Brother Naija Saturday Night Party (Week 9) / #bbnaija: "I Love You More Than Money" - Ike To Mercy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.