Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

American Idol (2009) Tonight - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Idol (2009) Tonight (29438 Views)

American Idol 2008 / Millions Of Sparks Of Jubilation As Jordin Sparks Wins 2007 American Idol / American Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by amebono13: 3:21am On Apr 22, 2009
i honestly don't like allison

gawd dat girl sings with her whole strength, na force?

she might faint on stage one day undecided
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tope2000(f): 12:49am On Apr 24, 2009
I just LOVE adam lambert kiss kiss
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 2:55am On Apr 25, 2009
~Fav. Performances Allison ~Kris ~Adam ~Matt ~

~Loved the group Performance! Paula did herself Proud!

~Jeez! Was it just me or did you all think for a minuite you was at a Family Wedding & your over Enthusiastic Uncle /Aunty took to the dance floor w/ performances by the Pensioners! cheesy

~Only surprise for me on Result show was Allison on the bottom 3 . .what a Shocker! No Surprises on Anoop & Lil getting the chop!Lil had it coming! Trust Simon to tell it as it is!! Did say it will be her last Performnace!! Oh So Happy for Matt!

Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 7:12am On Apr 27, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Fav. Performances Allison ~Kris ~Adam ~Matt ~

~Loved the group Performance! Paula did herself Proud!

~Jeez! Was it just me or did you all think for a minuite you was at a Family Wedding & your over Enthusiastic Uncle /Aunty took to the dance floor w/ performances by the Pensioners! cheesy

~Only surprise for me on Result show was Allison on the bottom 3 . .what a Shocker! No Surprises on Anoop & Lil getting the chop!Lil had it coming! Trust Simon to tell it as it is!! Did say it will be her last Performnace!! Oh So Happy for Matt!

I agree it was obvious that Lil and Anoop were going home. Matt is on thin ice too in my opinion. My fave from the week was Kris and then of course Allison (who is amazing) and Adam. My only problem with Adam is I've been thinking, what manner of album he going to make? He's very "theatre" and I know that's his background but like what exactly is he going to sing on a cd? He IS very talented, though.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
Tatase:

I agree it was obvious that Lil and Anoop were going home. Matt is on thin ice too in my opinion. My fave from the week was Kris and then of course Allison (who is amazing) and Adam.

My only problem with Adam is I've been thinking, what manner of album he going to make? He's very "theatre" and I know that's his background but like what exactly is he going to sing on a cd? He IS very talented, though.

~ Am sure he'll go on the success of each performance on Idol & have a lil bit of everything on there! Prolly end up kicking himself off the No1 spot . . .One thing's for sure,he'll have those CD's flying off the shelves!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2009
Kim Kardashian's got nothing on Lil. cheesy cheesy cheesy Jeezzzzzzz!!!! cheesy

Adam's still my favorite, theatrical or not. Kris is an underdog. And I think Danny would be booted out before him as well as Matt.

Matt needs to drop this attitude of trying to be a pop artiste, he's more soul than pop. Forget Justin Timberlake and go for Robin Thicke. grin

I'm not really crazy about Allison. Maybe it's the hair or the fact that female rockers get on my nerves. tongueundecided tongue . Her voice is very common not that spectacular.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2009
stillwater:

Adam's still my favorite, theatrical or not. Kris is an underdog. And I think Danny would be booted out before him as well as Matt.

Matt needs to drop this attitude of trying to be a pop artiste, he's more soul than pop. Forget Justin Timberlake and go for Robin Thicke. grin

I'm not really crazy about Allison. Maybe it's the hair or the fact that female rockers get on my nerves. tongueundecided tongue . Her voice is very common not that spectacular.

~I'd second that! I love him more as a Soul /Jazz Singer . .me think he wud have more success as a Soul Singer even than a JT Look-a-like-Sound-a-like wannabe!

~Allison. . .I get what Simon is saying about not having a Personality,As A Singer i love her Growly Voice . .but am not as drawn to her as an Artist!

~Kris is Indeed the Dark Horse . .I've started taking Notice~
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2009
stillwater:

I tend not to be crazy about the rocker chicks on AI either (case in point that woman Amanda the respiratory nurse from last year with crazy eyes and wack hair who was always shouting her way through songs), however I really do think Allison is something special even though ok the look they've given her is a little telenovella chain-smoker.

mohawkchic:

~I'd second that! I love him more as a Soul /Jazz Singer . .me think he wud have more success as a Soul Singer even than a JT Look-a-like-Sound-a-like wannabe!

~Allison. . .I get what Simon is saying about not having a Personality,As A Singer i love her Growly Voice . .but am not as drawn to her as an Artist!

~Kris is Indeed the Dark Horse . .I've started taking Notice~

I'm very surprised that Simon doesn't think Allison has a personality. I think she does. Ok fine a lot of her asides are said under her breath but I think she's funny in a Miley Cyrus sort of way without the annoyingly loud and obnoxious voice (not that I dislike Miley, just her speaking voice). She reminds me of a lot of people I knew when I was her age.

I agree Kris is very on point these days. Last week he was amazing! He's like a new fave. Adam has an amazing voice and he's an excellent on-stage performer but like I said I'm beginning to think of like what genre is his album going to be? Like maybe new wave-ish? I'm not sure.

The problem with Matt is that he's not dependable. Maybe it's the songs he's been choosing for himself, but he can't be depended upon to hit his notes or to make his "runs" go smoothly and not sound stupid. I like him, but I find him very hit or miss. Like u never know with him.

Danny is odd because he hits his notes well and everything and he's a good singer. But his performances remind me of like a really really good wedding singer who should have a record deal but somehow never gets one. Like last week for example, it was like the praise and worship leader at a disco church, good but sooooo not superstar looking. I like him and I think he's good. But I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 3:32am On Apr 29, 2009
Everyone was good tonight. Danny blew me away, wow. Even Allison.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 4:24am On Apr 29, 2009
I can't believe that Simon liked Matt's performance. I mean, does he have ears?!?!? Matt was so off-key for the most part, I was hoping he'd just stop and start over. He was soooo much better in the rehearsal before he was asked to change the key.

Kris wasn't as good as last week at all, but I still like him as a performer. Danny was good in his usual high class wedding singer way. Adam was flawless hitting all his notes as usual (and of course it was very theatrical) and Allison's vocal was really pretty, she did well and hit her notes perfectly.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 2:12am On Apr 30, 2009
~Hmm. . . Airs Tonight!!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by evergreen6: 12:58am On May 01, 2009
Adam is just wow!!! wink
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 2:55am On May 01, 2009
Tatase:

I can't believe that Simon liked Matt's performance. I mean, does he have ears?!?!? Matt was so off-key for the most part, I was hoping he'd just stop and start over. He was soooo much better in the rehearsal before he was asked to change the key.

Kris wasn't as good as last week at all, but I still like him as a performer. Danny was good in his usual high class wedding singer way. Adam was flawless hitting all his notes as usual (and of course it was very theatrical) and Allison's vocal was really pretty, she did well and hit her notes perfectly.

~I liked his rendition better when he changed his key! Me,i cud be done deaf! Dunno about Simon grin

~Loved all of the performances!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 2:08am On May 02, 2009
~What a shocker! Adam in the bottom 3,then bottom 2?! shocked

~Just goes to show when the votes are in the hands of the public,anything goes!!

~Cant say am surprised Matt got booted out
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 3:34am On May 07, 2009
I like rock but I wasn't blown away by last night's song selections. Of course adam killed it as usual with vocal and performance but I didn't love the song. Kris was just there, not bad, not amazing. Danny had the audacity to say he thought he did well although at least today he admitted that his aerosmith shriek scream sounded awful (imho like he was being castrated). My Allison was good but she had quite a few rough moments in hitting some notes; she's the only one whose song I liked. (ok I liked kris' song too although I think he took the easy way out picking The Beatles).

Paula's performance was funny: it was like her Opposites Attract era without the nostalgic 80s feeling.

I'm not happy about who went home but it was totally expected.

Daughtry's new single smells like next season's Idol swan song.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 07, 2009
if you cud picture a finale what would it be

Adam and Allison -------- my vote would be for allison cos she's just the type that AI can do wonders for, Adam dont need no help grin. Besides from history winning AI seems to work better for female winners than their male counterparts

Adam and Kris --------- here i'm not sure what could happen. but it promises to be a great show!!! I would love to see what the idol theme song would be like

anyways those are my favorites

about allison not having a personality - the chic is 16 naaa she never develop finish. Besides isnt that how Jordin Sparks was young, fresh, just starting to come into her own
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 07, 2009
Well surprise, surprise Allison goes home . . . thought Danny would be booted out. The last note was killing. As if he was crying for help.

Adam's pants were distracting . . . his cr*tch looked like a giant pimple. undecided

Chiris made a wise decision in picking something from The Beatles. Eventhough I still don't get what The Beatles sang that made them so popular.

I loved Allison's song choice, what a way to leave!

Didn't like Slash being a mentor either.

When will the judges and America realise that not everyone has the all in your face personality that they want Allison to be like? undecided
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 1:47am On May 08, 2009
stillwater:

Well surprise, surprise Allison goes home . . . thought Danny would be booted out. The last note was killing. As if he was crying for help.

Adam's pants were distracting . . . his cr*tch looked like a giant pimple. undecided

Chiris made a wise decision in picking something from The Beatles. Eventhough I still don't get what The Beatles sang that made them so popular.

When will the judges and America realise that not everyone has the all in your face personality that they want Allison to be like? undecided

~NoOOOOoo! shocked What a Bummer! Aaaw am gutted for her! i thought Danny will get booted too judging by his performance :The Show aired here tonight,Results tomorrow!!

~Didnt like Splash as a mentor either,didnt have much to give/Encourage about song choices!

~Love Adam & Allison's Duet!! Kris & Danny . . undecided Dunno what to make of it!

~Are you on about the Stripe trousers Adam had on for his Duet W/ Allison ? cheesy
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Gabry(f): 3:58am On May 08, 2009
Why didnt Chris Allen get booted out? I dont like him to begin with ooooo and so far his performances is the worse that night. . . I know its not his genre but so what? We have other genre's which does not suit other contestants yet I dont see why he is still in the competition. . . angry
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Tatase(f): 10:45am On May 08, 2009
stillwater:

ROTFLMAO!!!  grin grin tongue Adam's trousers were not at all package flattering. They weren't flattering at all frankly, they made his legs look super short and his hips perfectly chunky.

Are you serious about the Beatles though?? So many iconic songs: Across The Universe, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Help, Yesterday, Hello Goodbye, Come Together, and then of course others like: I Want To Hold Your Hand, Love Me Do, 8 Days A Week, She Love You, Can't Buy Me Love, Paperback Writer, Yellow Submarine, Penny Lane. Like more than 80% of their stuff is good which is amazing because they have a lot of stuff.

Yeah I was really sad that Allison left when frankly she was better than Danny and Kris on the night! And her final performance before she left was absolutely amazing. She rocked it out and like you could tell she really had fun with it!!!

Did anyone else get the impression that Danny and Kris don't/didn't get along on the duet? In their post-duet interview, I was sensing some serious tension like they had had a fight about song selection or performance or something else.

gabrywyl:

Why didnt Chris Allen get booted out? I dont like him to begin with ooooo and so far his performances is the worse that night. . . I know its not his genre but so what? We have other genre's which does not suit other contestants yet I dont see why he is still in the competition. . . angry

Kris was the 2nd worst. He wasn't bad, just mediocre unlike Danny, now that was atrocious, a real hot mess!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 08, 2009
mohawkchic:

~NoOOOOoo! shocked What a Bummer! Aaaw am gutted for her! i thought Danny will get booted too judging by his performance :The Show aired here tonight,Results tomorrow!!

~Didnt like Splash as a mentor either,didnt have much to give/Encourage about song choices!

~Love Adam & Allison's Duet!! Kris & Danny . . undecided Dunno what to make of it!

~Are you on about the Stripe trousers Adam had on for his Duet W/ Allison ? cheesy

Yeah the stripe trousers. I didn't like it. sad But it makes for good comedy. grin

I felt Slash was all about himself. He wasn't personable at all.

Tatase:

ROTFLMAO!!!  grin grin tongue Adam's trousers were not at all package flattering. They weren't flattering at all frankly, they made his legs look super short and his hips perfectly chunky.

Are you serious about the Beatles though?? So many iconic songs: Across The Universe, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Help, Yesterday, Hello Goodbye, Come Together, and then of course others like: I Want To Hold Your Hand, Love Me Do, 8 Days A Week, She Love You, Can't Buy Me Love, Paperback Writer, Yellow Submarine, Penny Lane. Like more than 80% of their stuff is good which is amazing because they have a lot of stuff.

Among all songs listed, "Let it Be" is the only one I can listen to. I just feel there were better artistes in their time. Maybe I have to take off my biases and listen to them again. cheesy

One thing I know for sure is that Adam shouldn't wear those trousers again! cheesy cheesy

Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Gabry(f): 3:35pm On May 08, 2009
I dot know why I can't stand Christ Allen if compare to Dani Gockey sad
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 11:05pm On May 16, 2009
~Kris was the dark Horse afterall!! Am happy for him!! Final 2 . . Wow!

~Am sure Danny is gutted,Having never been in the bottom 3,that wud have given him enough confidence to think he'll make it to the top 2 . . .

~The only shocker will be if Kris wins . . . but it appears as if Adam is a winner already & if people dont vote for him,Kris cud win it!!!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by tng(f): 4:54pm On May 21, 2009
Kris has won. Am gutted. Really like Adam. Didnt watch the last performance anyway
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 4:58pm On May 21, 2009
~NooOooo! Really? Wow! He was the Dark Horse! I'd still watch the Performances tonight but prolly give the results a miss now that i know the results !!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 21, 2009
Lol Kris wins!!!! When it came down to Adam, Kris and Danny, I had no favorite anymore. cheesy I felt anyone could take the trophy home. Well goodluck to Kris. Hope to hear fom him soon.
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Uche2nna(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2009
Yeah, but how did that even happen undecided

The judges practically hyped up Adam to win,,,,,,, came as a shocker to me. Not that I care anyways
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 21, 2009
Surprisingly, it didn't come as a shock to me. Yeah Adam's the better singer, but Kris is also a very good singer. Yeah he doesn't scream and shout but I started realizing how good he was when he sang "Ain't no Sunshine". As simple as it looks that song's quite complicated and you can easily go off if you don't know what you're doing. But he was able to improvise and make use of his vocal capabilities. There's an artiste in Kris. grin
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by TOPE20001(f): 12:22am On May 22, 2009
How did kris win? shocked undecided
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by iice(f): 10:48am On May 22, 2009
Ahahahahahahah
As Simon said, indulgent rubbish cheesy grin cheesy

I nor even send them jare. Goodluck to all of them
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by mohawkchic(f): 6:34pm On May 22, 2009
~I did say the only shocker will be if Kris Wins . . .On account of Adam not pulling in the Votes! Case of the Underdog rearing its head!! cheesy

~Watched the performances last night . . .blown away by Adam's "Change Is Going To Come" & "Aint No Sunshine" by Kris . .rest of the performances sucked!
Re: American Idol (2009) Tonight by beeswax: 10:12pm On May 22, 2009
the thing bout idols is that its not always the winner that becomes a "star"
daughtry & jeniffer hudson have proved this, even our own omawunmi has proven this

congrats to kris but am sure we gonna hear from these others than the winner,

you go adam!
you go danny!!
you go allison!!!
you go matt!!!!

luv them guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#bbnaija: "I Love You More Than Money" - Ike To Mercy / Hip TV Studio Gutted By Fire At About 5:30pm Today (video) / The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.