Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss (11991 Views)

3 Ways To Deal With People Who Play Office Politics Against You / How To Deal With A Nagging Or Angry Boss / Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Ilekeh(f): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
sophy09:
How do you manage with a boss who is two faced? You are aware that they are stabbing you in the back but what can do you about it. In the case of my boss, she makes this silly jokes which are not funny but at times I force myself to laugh just to be on her good side. Do I have to continue this way or just keep a straight face whenever she makes her silly jokes.

She knows what she's doing.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Adyrin(m): 12:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bring 2baba to perform in yur office!
If e nor work, bring black face and faze!
Ogbeni your boss no go get face again sef!
#faceless.....
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by TI1919(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Prayer

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Edusouls(m): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
sorry men cant pretend like satan just as you women can...
kennygee:
Keep a straight face and give her the fakest laughter you've got.

I'm sure she will be wondering where that came from.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by AmakaDNB(f): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Story not corresponding with the title.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Edusouls:
sorry men cant pretend like satan just as you women can...

Oh puhlease

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Edusouls(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
i just cant work under a woman for any reason..
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by justfash50: 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
I think you need to keep a straight face, be firm and resolute in all your dealings with her. Please don't outshine her be diplomatic and ensure you are effective and efficient in getting the desired results. She will sing your praise every where and know your stand whenever she fumbles
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by holatin(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
SkinnyDude:

ya.ya. like doing something because you really want to do it, not because you want to impress someone.
you sparken my mind.

am I saying english
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by olowogoye(m): 1:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Almighty God knows all what all man kind do not know so if we call some one a fool i never look there know one is wise if not God, but let be vigilant and careful, raw fact.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Eraddray(m): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
EbirichBen:
ITS ONLY IN NIGERIA WHEN THEY ASK ALL ANIMAL THAT HAVE HORN TO COME FOR MEETING, SNAIL WILL ATTEND.
Hmmmmm,what has that got to Do with with topic undecided angry
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by SkinnyDude(m): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
holatin:
you sparken my mind.

am I saying english
ya. you says engrish.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by holatin(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
SkinnyDude:

ya. you says engrish.
thanked you's
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Pennywise(m): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
You might be the problem. Sometimes an over ambitious, selfish subordinate obsessed with self entitlement may think his boss is two faced even when he is not.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Sibrah: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
sophy09:
How do you manage with a boss who is two faced? You are aware that they are stabbing you in the back but what can do you about it. In the case of my boss, she makes this silly jokes which are not funny but at times I force myself to laugh just to be on her good side. Do I have to continue this way or just keep a straight face whenever she makes her silly jokes.
I had multiple of them like that before . . . They back stab you and even tease you openly. It is a very bad situation to be in. You suggest they take glory, they make a mistake, and you can take the blame. You are about to proffer solution and they fustrate you.
It is a really bad situation to be in.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Sookul: 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
Become a front stabbing employee and she will beg for her life
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by film2(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
Smile with her like never before, make her feel safe that you don't know what she does at your back....Make her your friend..Bring your enemies close and your friends closer..I hate that kind of people ehhh with passion...
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by tintingz(m): 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
zicoraads:
This isn't funny, at all. Early last year I got a job, the one am currently doing. To my surprise, my boss was this lady who taught me in my secondary school. I saw her during the aptitude test and subsequently the interview but didn't tell her she was my teacher in secondary school. Some few months into the job and I started having serious problems with her. The truth is, the problems we were having were about issues that were not even issues. Very minor issues. She was this overbearing and bossy type of boss.

About 4 months into the job and she reported me to the bosses. She claimed I was incompetent and should be sacked. That was when the deputy 'oga at the top' decided that she needs to monitor me herself. Two months later, she was sacked and I am still here.

As it turned out, two of my predecessors left the job because of her doing. And unknowingly to her, I was her last opportunity. They were not ready to loose another staff because of her.

Female bosses can be very, very difficult to work with.

My advice... do your job to the best of your ability. Go the extra mile if need be. Keep your cool. Obey their rules. Be diligent. And greet her like you would your boss and pray to your God.

If it wasn't God's will that that job is yours, then there is nothing you can really do about it. But if it is, then I promise you that that boss has nothing on you. Every thing happens for a reason.
Lol... almost like my experience I had with a female boss, minor thing na big issue.

Female bosses are something else.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by otiigba1(m): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
wait for him on his way home from work, use a base ball bat to redesign his head if he recover from that, trust me he will never back stab you again angry
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Just allow him/her to meet his/her Kama! God knows what He is doing! One day, trap go catch am.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by rhames(m): 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
sophy09:

do your job well and ignore his gossips. when he puts his anger on paper via a query, be sure to give him back the same hell. good luck.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by obinnafred(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Can't u give her small slap

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
From multiple personal experiences I've found out avoiding people does not work; they always find their way into your personal space.

My best advice is to save up money, retire then use the money as capital to run your own business.
Become your own boss today, it always pays off better in the end.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by veave(f): 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Your own is better. What about bad boss and eye service colleagues? Lie to your bad boss so they can be in her good books, and because you cant bend to their willy ways, you become a problem.

But you know what? Good will never be conquered by evil.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
This is not new to me and i dont mind been sacked uncounted numbers. If any victim think of been sacked or been rub of benefit that he/she wont live straight,to me is a fool! because that doesn't stop your boss from taking your life. Do you know that some boss are mentally possessed.They are always Gabriel in a view but Lusifer in the dark.Some might be afraid of the quality they found in you that it may claim their positions from them while some think you are barrier to their second sources of income and they can go to any lenght to nail you.My friend be real, play your role in your good job and dont try to copy anyone.Dont tell your affairs,dont share gossip and dont be too close to except your boss is a different person.By doing this you might win the bad boss into repentance.

Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Av d same issue too.
and wat am doing presently is I create a grt gap. Attend to matters officially. My yes is yes and no is no, I don't go beyond my capability to please anyone. That back stabbing boss might be a path to grtness with just a word on ur behalf. So be wise in ur dealing
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by sophy09: 2:10am On Mar 10, 2015
So how do I rise in the company with my boss's behavior? I love my job and the company I work for. With the current economic situation, it is not easy to get a job you like and it pays well. I just want to get on the good side of my boss.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by simdam500(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
Avoid a female boss.....

Let start with that...
Re: How Do You Deal With A Two Faced Boss by studyp: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2015
Guy, let your reaction be honest o. Dont let them take you for granted or worse, Dont let them get used to taking you for granted.

A unique concept....Earn money where pupils learn cheesy

For more info, visit www.studypays.com, our facebook page www.facebook.com/studypays, or twitter - www.twitter.com/studypays

Advice Needed Concerning Certification To Support My Career / New Job Titles To Package Your Profession / 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019