Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (20475 Views)

Balarabe: Why The North Has Never Allowed Nigeria To Have Peace, Unity, Progress / North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by tuniski: 10:02am On Mar 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

If you care to know, those oba are deceiving Jonathan. The only prominent among them that supports him is the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuade. The Alaafin is a die-hard supporter of the APC. He even bought some motorcycles (okada) for the campaign of the party.
Like I always say, go to any newspaper stand in the South West; the argument you hear there will prove to you that Jonathan will lose the election.
so newspaper stand is. Your opinion poll?Smh little wonder when results are out and PDP wins u call it rigged! Anyway, SW is the battleground but, GEJ/PDP will win the country!

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by OLADD: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2015
dulux07:

Continue deceivin ursef, voters r 18yrs n above, whch means they r old enuff to decide on their own regardless of any obas, how many r d obas compared to d yoruba populatn, d only influence they can make is to assist pdp in electn riggin. Yorubas voted out pdp n voted in Apc in their states xcept for ekiti were it was rigged. We have woken up, n will nt allow any political/ greedy oba to influence our vote.

Are you aware of the role played by Oba Akinolu in keeping AC, ACN and APC afloat in Lagos?
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Olutola88(m): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2015
GOD OF MERCY! WHAT IS THIS? PDP ARE A PIECE OF SHIIT! I DESPISE THEM WITH PASSION. Wait till you fail b4 you speak like a loser. Chai! These PDP have lost it
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by trojanhorse: 10:07am On Mar 09, 2015
politics of bitterness, tribalism or religious bigotry or allegiance has no place in southwest. oduas are more sophisticated than dat coolpolitics of bitterness, tribalism or religious bigotry or allegiance has no place in southwest. oduas are more sophisticated than that.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dinggle: 10:10am On Mar 09, 2015
Orukpe is a fool, dollar is N220 he is talking a miscalculation? the South West has the most educated citizens in the country they are not shallow minded and can not be told who to vote for. If your master has done well in your eyes no need to worry. But if your master has failed, he will need to hold more closed door meetings with presidents of Benin Rep. Senegal, Gambia and the likes.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dazdilijae(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

It is not a soothing epistle. Refuse to be a local champion and feed yourself with hard facts from average Nigerians on the streets. It's quite disturbing that your stance is certain when the person you want to vote for is jittery. Jonathan has visited the S/W severally during this elections. He understands that the North is lost to GMB already and his only chance of survival is the S/E and the S/W. The S/S is awfully divided against him he's not even banking on his own region, all thanks to Amaechi and Oshiomole. You might not really know this to be true if you stay in a place. Mynd44 mentioned the names of some of the Obas I didn't mention and you still believe it's a fable. GEJ would not have visited the S/W repeatedly if he had not seen the hand writing on the wall.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy my friend please visit the SS or call any1 you know there an ask if APC is in the race. Even in Edo the story is PDP for Presidency and any other for the rest
But lets not argue the elections are less than 3weeks away may God grant our life and good health to vote and hear the results
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by talktofemi: 10:12am On Mar 09, 2015
espn:
paradigm shift u say? Don't get it twisted. Omisore is from ife that was why he got that level of vote.. the presidential election is a diff ball game.. d Jan 1st subsidy removal saga is still fresh in our heart.

It is only a matter of weeks.

Only one of us can be right or wrong.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:
Funny how the PDP cannot just concentrate and face their strategies. The South-West people does not need its traditional rulers to tell them who to vote for. Someone's 21 billion Naira might be in vain here.
And u think just because you support Buhari, every other yorubas will do likewise. If that's what you think, then you must be joking.

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by KLMN: 10:18am On Mar 09, 2015
My Nigeria people, check your ways and your lives, Rapture will soon take place.

Any one in sin can not be raptured with Jesus.

Repent from sins today
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by imoikoko: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2015
When did regional rotation become part of our Constitution? This is part of the crap the PDP brigands have foisted on us. So what, if he Buhari does one term? Mandela did only one term and is more glorious in death than Okupe can ever dream or wish for. One term with the right person may be all we need to put us on the right part. Someone should pls remind GEJ that he is yet to visit the Baale in my area (Ebute Meta) as the guy is very influential o.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dulux07(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

Are you aware of the role played by Oba Akinolu in keeping AC, ACN and APC afloat in Lagos?

my guy forget role, 2b realistic his role has lil effect. Remember, even as influential tinubu is in lagos, he was unable to stop fashola from bcoming governor 2nd time, despite all he n his gangs efforts to stop him.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Truckpusher(m): 10:21am On Mar 09, 2015
ziccoit:

This is what GEJ doesn't undestand about SW politics. Experience has shown that godfatherism and co have very little influence in determining the voting direction of SWners. How much did GEJ dole out yo people before he was voted in 2011? Now that SWners are tired of his leadership style he is as good as gone!
And the South West can solely determine who becomes the next President ? grin....smh
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by abbsal(m): 10:22am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

By March 28 and April 11, you will know how politically influential Yoruba Obas are. Be that as it may, Buhari wll never win southwest. Mark my words.
U fail to realise TINUBU is a political leader and he's more popular dan most of the Obas..he has the key to drive the Obas.Buhari has won in d southwest already,try to check the no of voters in Lagos,Oyo,Ogun,Kwara and compare to Ondo and Ekiti which I think that's where u're expecting to get ur Pdp voters from,then u'll know what u're saying is absolutely wrong.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by omokab: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

Don't bother yourself with mind-soothing epistle. Just quote me after the elections. I am too politically awakened to be swayed with those fables. March 28 and April 11 beckons.
mr ]mr man don't be deceived,I don't know where you come from.PDP can never win any part of south west as the man have told you.I'm a typical yoruba man from ibadan.go to paper stand,inside puplic transport and market you will see by yourself.Even many of the so call PDP supporters I know very well said they will not vote for jonathan,talkless of the masses.Have you seen somebody like Ladoja come out publicly to support jonathan the way he used to do before?On the issue of Leaders,how on hearth okupe will be comparing the likes olunloyo,Akinjide and others who have no political base to Tinibu.I'm not saying they are not relevant in one way or the others but they are too behind in politics of Oyo state.Who even know if omololu olunloyo is still existing?I have attended Akinjide's meeting before so I know his political strength.He can not even proud to deliver Ibadan north east talkless of oyo state.The issue of obas forget it.Only Oni of Ife can deliver for PDP.All first class Obas are with APC like Alafin of Oyo,olubadan of Ibadan land,Soun ogbomoso,Alake of Egba,Oba of Lagos,Ataoja of oshogbo etc.Please this is not the matter of I belong to one party or not,is base on what I know.The time Tinibu is doing home work PDP is doing propaganda or sleeping.Thanks
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by onatisi(m): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2015
"said Northern politicians got it wrong because they erroneously believed that a national leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, is the leader of the Yoruba race and that he could deliver the South-West.

He said while doing that, the North left out some of the people that really matter in the zone whom he described as the North’s former allies."

this exactly the same mistake many ppl in the east are making too and i always try to correct their impression by telling them that APC IS NOT THE OFFICIAL PARTY OF YORUBAS AND NEITHER IS TINUBU THE YORUBA LEADER , HE IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER YORUBA POLITICIAN. even now in the south west the popularity of apc is fast going down . apc are in for a real shocker this time around .

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by queensmith: 10:31am On Mar 09, 2015
Doyin - is that not a yoruba name?

So the man is at least partly yoruba? So even he knows he's lying and taking people for a ride.

Yoruba people are not like Northerners, yes the existence of an Oba gives us a little bit of structure and direction but we do not sit around dwindling our thumbs waiting for an Oba to tell us who to vote for. We're not idiots you know.

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2015
Okupe was of the view that if Jonathan completes his second term of four years in 2019, the North has a chance that cannot be denied to present a candidate who will rule the country for another eight years.

Even the wise Northerners know this for a fact. Power will return to the North in 2019 and they will have their full 8yrs in power. Maybe a Nuhu Ribadu or Sule Lamido. cool
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by nagoma(m): 10:37am On Mar 09, 2015
Jonathan has completed his term. Nigeria elects governments for 4 year terms only. Any capable candidate ( by judgement of voters) can be elected after the 4 years. Remember GEJ completed Yar'adua's 2 years as well. We find him incompetent and corrupt. His previous election was a mistake and Nigerians will not repeat it. Don't bring all that north and south bla bla bla , Nigerians can judge for themselves as individual voters and citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by galadima77(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2015
you all say ur sheet!!

we deserve change
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2015
tuniski:
so newspaper stand is. Your opinion poll?Smh little wonder when results are out and PDP wins u call it rigged! Anyway, SW is the battleground but, GEJ/PDP will win the country!
By releasing results that show that 99% registered voters voted?
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by galadima77(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Okupe was of the view that if Jonathan completes his second term of four years in 2019, the North has a chance that cannot be denied to present a candidate who will rule the country for another eight years.

Even the wise Northerners know this for a fact. Power will return to the North in 2019 and they will have their full 8yrs in power. Maybe a Nuhu Ribadu or Sule Lamido. cool

well, maybe for some myopic few, but thats not what the clamour is entirely for....this govt is too inept n corrupt to be allowed another 4 years n sori for those who dont see such because of religious n ethnic sentiment.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by onatisi(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

i think it is most likely to be atiku
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by galadima77(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2015
onatisi:
i think it is most likely to be atiku

now, thats another corruption personified!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Pesuzok(m): 10:48am On Mar 09, 2015
MrEverest:
Absolute truism!! I wonder if the abokis have thinking faculty at all. Buhari is officially 72 years, rumours have been flying around that he is far from being healthy, his frail appearance also leds credence to someone, that aside from age related ill-health, is suffering from some terminal disease. People who fail to learn from history are condemned to suffer a repeat of it. Yaradua is still fresh in our minds & the instability caused by his not unexpected demise is still rocking the Nigerian state today!! If the rumours of Buhari's ill health is true & he does a yaradua on us again, will the north accept Osinbajo who would be constitutionally backed to take over?? The Yorubas know this & are cunningly praying for it but the Hausa/Fulani, in their desperation reclaim Aso rock asap, seem to have lost their reasoning & objectivity. Sentiments aside, the north stands to gain with GEJ who will definitely handover to a young & virile northerner & all to loose should they go ahead & support a very risky & uncertain Buhari who may not be able to even complete his first tenure judging from the complex & demanding nature of Nigeria. Sule Lamido will be the ideal man for them & all Nigerians come 2019. A stitch in time saves nine!!!

So is it GEJ that will choose my leader in 2019, i think you have forgotten about the electorates. What about GEJ handing over to igbo as he promised?
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by olaniyanc: 10:55am On Mar 09, 2015
Okupe this is the first time you talked politics or make sense as political leader.However, you have made yourself irrelevant all along by insulting and bullying and threatening Nigerians or any opposition with the military as if they are meant to be used for rigging or killing innocent masses in the name of politics.You cannot forced Nigerians to vote for Jonathan. Go back to the library and research more about democracy. Nigeria is the most civilised blackman's nation. Do not encourage Jonathan to cause anarchy and destroy Nigeria, you had better caution yourself. Nigeria must not break.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by onatisi(m): 10:57am On Mar 09, 2015
galadima77:

now, thats another corruption personified!

but he is very very powerful wink
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by mrmetoo1: 11:04am On Mar 09, 2015
Pesuzok:

So is it GEJ that will choose my leader in 2019, i think you have forgotten about the electorates. What about GEJ handing over to igbo as he promised?

This is what I was going to write. Why are the SE so in support of PDP, I thought it was supposed to be their turn after GEJ. I said it before the SE are not good negotiators, they just submit to whoever they think will do them well. The reason they're all after Agbaje is because they feel that's their best chance to get into Lagos politics but it's not going to happen because they just threw their support behind him hoping he'll do them right.

Ethnic politics aside, Okupe doesn't realize people are just tired of this president. The north is tired because they feel abandoned not because of Tinubu. The president's wife is also doing more damage to the president's chance in the north than any Tinubu or even Buhari can do. Does she think people in the north don't have access to media? You go and insult a whole tribe and you think they'll troop out and vote for you. On top of that the way the security situation has been handled in the north has been a failure.

This is one of those examples that instead of the PDP tip face reality they try to transfer the issue or cause of their problem to something very irrelevant. They're losing northern vote because northerners think Tinubu is leader of SW. What does that even mean? What does that have to do with the mind/mood of voters?

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dejavume: 11:07am On Mar 09, 2015
I sit down and wonder where people get what they say/think from.

I look at the picture of the so-called blessings and I was sad.

1. The Ooni is the only Oba anyone recognises

2. Yoruba kings don't bless with their staff!!!. They bless with their Horsewhip (Irukele). The staff is used to enforce an order, summon, curse and banish. I can't have a Ypruba man point a staff at me and tell me he is blessing me. the Ooni is either playing a dangerous game or he does not know[/quote]

The kings are cursing all gej enemies
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by femmycares(m): 11:11am On Mar 09, 2015
Igbos would be glad to read this since their reason for supportin GEJ is south-east presidency in 2019. grin grin
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Sanchez01: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2015
Zenimart:
And u think just because you support Buhari, every other yorubas will do likewise. If that's what you think, then you must be joking.
Well, I'll explain since you cannot read between lines. I didn't mention at any point that ALL Yorubas will vote Buhari. By the way, I have a lot of Yoruba folks who have gone beyond ethno-religious politics and have also made it known that they're voting GMB come March 28. However, that does not imply ALL Yorubas would vote GMB still.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by gud4dbest(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2015
SOBSISRAEL:
Thanks i d notification. Bcus anytin miscaculated cn b recaculated.

if it's not too late...
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by rodbel(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

Don't bother yourself with mind-soothing epistle. Just quote me after the elections. I am too politically awakened to be swayed with those fables. March 28 and April 11 beckons.

I'll remember this. Your name has been Mike Ross'd

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Months After: Nigerian Government Is Making Promising Progress~ The Economist / "Pressure On Buhari To Stop Anti-Corruption War" - VP Yemi Osinbajo / Badeh Forfeits $1m Cash, N1bn Mansion To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.