Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe (20471 Views)

Balarabe: Why The North Has Never Allowed Nigeria To Have Peace, Unity, Progress / North Has Oil, Diamond, Gold But I Want Us To Remain With Biafrans-maitama Sule / Buhari: The North Has An Agenda And Tinubu Is Not Part Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by davinchi86(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2015
I c hate in d eyes of many ppl they don't just like d President 4 no reason perhaps he is from d south south let me make it clear to u ppl dat if gej does not win they will b problem in d country d militant will spring up bokoharam will gather momentum becos d military will not b able to wage d war from both side they will b famine in d land anarchy will come up n d country will eventually split for peace to reign. d north n d south r d major economical hub of d country its no more abt d election its abt hw shld we b after d election remember dat after 30yrs when a particular region seek for independence they r free to break up I c break up I c anarchy n I pity d yorubas they hv nothing to fall on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by galadima77(m): 11:23am On Mar 09, 2015
onatisi:
but he is very very powerful wink

which powerful? did u see how GEJ humbled him at 2011 pdp presidential primaries?

just our stolen loots
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by galadima77(m): 11:25am On Mar 09, 2015
davinchi86:
I c hate in d eyes of many ppl they don't just like d President 4 no reason perhaps he is from d south south let me make it clear to u ppl dat if gej does not win they will b problem in d country d militant will spring up bokoharam will gather momentum becos d military will not b able to wage d war from both side they will b famine in d land anarchy will come up n d country will eventually split for peace to reign. d north n d south r d major economical hub of d country its no more abt d election its abt hw shld we b after d election remember dat after 30yrs when a particular region seek for independence they r free to break up I c break up I c anarchy n I pity d yorubas they hv nothing to fall on

my guy if GEJ is defeated at d polls heaven wont fall!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Sanchez01: 11:30am On Mar 09, 2015
dazdilijae:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy my friend please visit the SS or call any1 you know there an ask if APC is in the race. Even in Edo the story is PDP for Presidency and any other for the rest
But lets not argue the elections are less than 3weeks away may God grant our life and good health to vote and hear the results
While your assertion may be true, it still does not imply GEJ would get 70% votes in Edo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom. A lot has changed since 2011 and GEJ has been seen from another perspective. Buhari does not need to lead in these states. It's almost impossible. Amen to your prayer smiley
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Efizzi: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2015
DOYIN OKUPE what is your business if they miscalculated or not. Are you in their party? why not face your work and mind your business? If they miscalculate and fail how does that concern you? Shouldn't you be happy that they miscalculated and keep your mouth shut while watching them fail? Sir, you are a disgrace to PDP and to Nigeria as a nation. Lying scum of a PIG. People like you give PDP a bad name. Animal
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Sanchez01: 11:41am On Mar 09, 2015
davinchi86:

Wrong! People don't hate him, they hate the fact that he is the President. I hate him for that reason. And I don't think anyone hates him because he comes from the S/S. I am from the S/S region but I'll rather destroy my PVC than vote for Jonathan again. I voted for him in 2011 but I won't repeat the mistake again. People hate him for his incompetence. The heavens won't fall if he loses. The Niger-Delta militants would be treated as Boko Haram if they attempt hold the country to ransome.

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by asarmaniac: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/elections-north-has-miscalculated-says-okupe/
#babawhileyouweregone PDP and its supporters lost calculation and start saying words anyhow

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by hotwax: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2015
Zenimart:
And u think just because you support Buhari, every other yorubas will do likewise. If that's what you think, then you must be joking.

[size=28pt]South south is far divided than Lagos. APC is deeply rooted in Lagos. LOLLLL .

It is Yorubas that vote in Lagos. Igbo people dont even come out. Forget Lagos hausas. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
pdp at it again. always enphasising our difrences. which one is the north and south again? ar we not nigerians? wel tnk God he realises posibility of buhari presidency. indomie head
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by fresh15: 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
Whether the North miscalculated or not,Jonathan's unequalled performance is a clear evidence that he should be re-elected.Jonathan's re-election is based on merit and whoever loves Nigeria should vote for him on march 28.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by babestella: 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:
You're talking from a position and calculation of PDP and their arrangements.

What Tinubu has achieved for the SW politically, all the names you put up there cannot match in ten years to come.

Tinubu it was who delivered SW from the claws and fangs of PDP who would have continued to rule us like slaves just as Akala in Oyo, Gbenga Daniel in Ogun, Fayose in Ekiti and Omisore in Osun then. All these names LOOTED their state without mercy.

An average Yoruba thinks and acts independently, not by what one Oba or Adebayo tells him. If Tinubu fails Yorubas today, we will show him through our votes.

Politics is not about a region, it's about a national mandate. APC and CPC put together are still regional parties. Your demi god Tinubu is a regional and tribal hero in your land and beyond that clime he is no body. Of course Tinubu achieved what other will not because he turned LAGOS into his personal estate and enterprise before he left Alausa. I don't think any equitable and right thinking subject will like to tow that path.

PDP is a national party and does not have a single person claiming he made the party to be what it is today. That is why their victory. Is sure in the coming elections. All the rants about APC and their demi gods ends in southwest and some portions of north. PDP's silent followers hip are unimaginably large and strong. Don't be deceived by your demi God to think your party is a national party. Lol. It's just a local champion in some southwest region.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by mrmetoo1: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
davinchi86:

People that say they simply just hate him because he's from the SS are not being truthful to themselves. In 2011 Jonathan had substantial votes all across the country, didn't people knew he was from the SS then? People from all over the country backed him when the cabal were trying to prevent him from ruling after Yaradua died, so I don't know where this anti-SS all of a sudden is coming from.

The fact is people are not happy with the president's performance. That's all it is, take it or leave it
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by DelTel(m): 12:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Food for thought to the South-East.

PDP invariably telling the SE they can't get the presidency after GEJ in 2019 (if PDP & GEJ wins)!!! PDP also acknowledging Buhari would probably do a 4-year term; after which the presidency is thrown open to anyone from any part of the country.

South-Easterners should open their eyes to read between the lines and vote wisely; knowing the party flying the kite of a northern presidency 2019-2027!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
babestella:

Politics is not about a region, it's about a national mandate. APC and CPC put together are still regional parties. Your demi god Tinubu is a regional and tribal hero in your land and beyond that clime he is no body. Of course Tinubu achieved what other will not because he turned LAGOS into his personal estate and enterprise before he left Alausa. I don't think any equitable and right thinking subject will like to tow that path.

PDP is a national party and does not have a single person. Liming he made the party to be what it is today. That is why their victory. Is sure in the coming elections. All the rants about APC and their demi gods ends in southwest and some portions of north. PDP's silent followers hip are unimaginably large and strong. Don't be deceived by your demi God to think your party is a national party. Lol. It's just a local champion in some southwest region.
ur political analysis is too advanced for the to comprehend or understand . The only language they understand is insults and shouts of sai buhari . Lobatan !
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dafuturis(m): 12:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Finally Okupe admits Buhari will win the elections

Why has he been deceiving Jonathan all this while?

While Sambo is playing religion Okupe is playing tribal, their pay-master is seriously mixing both, donating heavily to churches and rolling out hard currency to monarchs in the SW.

THE FEAR OF BUHARI..
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by anonimi: 12:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
onatisi:
i think it is most likely to be atiku

Sambo gets first chance - that is the way it is in the advanced democracies and societies where our people are running to be voluntary slaves while claiming to be in diaspora.

he may decide not to contest though.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by anonimi: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
galadima77:
my guy if GEJ is defeated at d polls heaven wont fall!

Because he has improved our democracy so much under his tenure. Something unimaginable under APC's navigator OBJ during eight years of brigandage, capture, civilian garisson commanders etc.

Even APC elections for LGAs are rigged 101% in their own favour =>

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2W9iuKYbFc][/url]

Uploaded on Oct 30, 2011
This is a mobile phone video of the announcement of PDP as winners of the Badagry Central Local Government Elections with over 7000 votes. LASIEC Chairman, Justice Adeyinka later announced a different result. The lady speaking in the video is the LASIEC Returning Officer for Badagry Central on Saturday 22nd October, 2011.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by anonimi: 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
dafuturis:
Finally Okupe admits Buhari will win the elections

Why has he been deceiving Jonathan all this while?

While Sambo is playing religion Okupe is playing tribal, their pay-master is seriously mixing both, donating heavily to churches and rolling out hard currency to monarchs in the SW.

THE FEAR OF BUHARI..

Do you know how to read and understand what you have read
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by onatisi(m): 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
anonimi:

Sambo gets first chance - that is the way it is in the advanced democracies and societies where our people are running to be voluntary slaves while claiming to be in diaspora.

he may decide not to contest though.
yes you are perfectly correct. Gej will or may like to reward him for his loyalty and maybe set a good precedence . But after sambo who next do u think will come out from the north .
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by anonimi: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
onatisi:
yes you are perfectly correct. Gej will or may like to reward him for his loyalty and maybe set a good precedence . But after sambo who next do u think will come out from the north .

I don't know.

What is best is that Jonathan does his second term then a northerner with an Igbo as VP then after two terms Igbo becomes president.

Thereafter it will be easier to do without rotation as socio-economic development may make it unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by anonimi: 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
The north is more concerned about a Yar'Adua repeat and Tinubu becoming president from the back door hence they are stepping away from Buhari steadily while seeking ways to cage his almajiri followers from wreaking havoc when he loses again.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2026566_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by dafuturis(m): 1:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
anonimi:

Do you know how to read and understand what you have read

That's the interpretation of what you read.

Dumb
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by olamieseun(m): 1:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
victorD3:
The north is faced with this challenge but I'm sure the engligthened ones understands that their best option is with GEJ completing his term till 2019.

then if GEJ complete his tenure who is next on PDP( papa deceive pikin) to go for presido? hope not dat Sambo?.. Allah 9ja don enter one chance frm dis PDP pple.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by MrEverest(m): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:

An Igbo man trying to advice a northerner on how to be President grin grin

1. What makes the toad imagine that the North can be denied Presidency in 2019 if it fails now. Has he forgotten who holds the political aces in this country?

2. The North's silence at the moment is strategic. Don't be fooled, they're watching keenly. Study your history.

3. You, and everyone on earth, can die before Buhari. It was 78 year old OBJ that was doing acrobatics on the field the other day.
Look at this gorilla, its obvious that you lack comprehension. Nobody said they would be denied the presidency but just like they allowed Obasanjo to play a fast one on them by handing over to sick & dying yaradua only for him to die before completing his first tenure so is history about to repeat itself should they allow tinubu to cunningly lead them astray by projecting a sick old man who may do "a yaradua" on them & Osinbajo would take over!!

Yes, they should watch out & stop tinubu from ruining their chance because should Buhari die on the seat (that is in the unlikelihood he wins 2019 elections) Osinbajo will be constitutionally backed to take over just like GEJ took over from yaradua when he died & till today the instability it caused is yet to wane.

It is you & your entire family that would die before Buhari since you believe he is healthy enough to outlive you & your entire family!!!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by MrEverest(m): 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

While your assertion may be true, it still does not imply GEJ would get 70% votes in Edo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom. A lot has changed since 2011 and GEJ has been seen from another perspective. Buhari does not need to lead in these states. It's almost impossible. Amen to your prayer smiley
You are not well informed about the realities on ground. GEJ will still get as much as 90% in S.S states like Akwa ibom, Cross River, Bayelsa & Delta. The only place he would get less is Rivers & Delta even in those places it would not be less than 80%
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by PYT0810: 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Doya abi Doyin efcc dey watch you.
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by maikankwarya(m): 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sanchez01:

Source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/elections-north-has-miscalculated-says-okupe/

Me am confused. If GEJ is planning to support our gambari brothers from North for the presidency in 2019, where does that leave our Nyamurai friends from the South East? May be they have been swindled again... Mumus... Lol
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Allee90: 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
MrEverest:
Absolute truism!! I wonder if the abokis have thinking faculty at all. Buhari is officially 72 years, rumours have been flying around that he is far from being healthy, his frail appearance also leds credence to someone, that aside from age related ill-health, is suffering from some terminal disease. People who fail to learn from history are condemned to suffer a repeat of it. Yaradua is still fresh in our minds & the instability caused by his not unexpected demise is still rocking the Nigerian state today!! If the rumours of Buhari's ill health is true & he does a yaradua on us again, will the north accept Osinbajo who would be constitutionally backed to take over?? The Yorubas know this & are cunningly praying for it but the Hausa/Fulani, in their desperation reclaim Aso rock asap, seem to have lost their reasoning & objectivity. Sentiments aside, the north stands to gain with GEJ who will definitely handover to a young & virile northerner & all to loose should they go ahead & support a very risky & uncertain Buhari who may not be able to even complete his first tenure judging from the complex & demanding nature of Nigeria. Sule Lamido will be the ideal man for them & all Nigerians come 2019. A stitch in time saves nine!!!
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by Allee90: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bros, we northerners have become wiser. We dont mind having yoruba as our president for the next 8yrs. All that we hate is an incompetent person as our president

1 Like

Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by yetunsbay(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
OLADD:

By March 28 and April 11, you will know how politically influential Yoruba Obas are. Be that as it may, Buhari wll never win southwest. Mark my words.
even within u...u knw quite well GMB owns SW
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by MrEverest(m): 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Pesuzok:

So is it GEJ that will choose my leader in 2019, i think you have forgotten about the electorates. What about GEJ handing over to igbo as he promised?
You people talk as if you are not in Nigeria, every incumbent ruler, especially in Africa, holds the ace on who succeeds them! Why didn't you stop Obasanjo when he single handedly imposed yaradua on us??
Re: Elections: North Has Miscalculated, Says Okupe by MrEverest(m): 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
DelTel:
Food for thought to the South-East.

PDP invariably telling the SE they can't get the presidency after GEJ in 2019 (if PDP & GEJ wins)!!! PDP also acknowledging Buhari would probably do a 4-year term; after which the presidency is thrown open to anyone from any part of the country.

South-Easterners should open their eyes to read between the lines and vote wisely; knowing the party flying the kite of a northern presidency 2019-2027!

Igbos are not desperate to occupy Aso rock, the regions that have been rulling Nigeria are no better than them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Visit France And Britain Tomorrow / Fallout Of Reps Poll: Saraki May Move Against Kwara Gov / Only $323.7m Left In Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account - FAAC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.