Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

AIT Lagos Station On Fire - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / AIT Lagos Station On Fire (34569 Views)

AIT's Nengi Finecountry Is Dead / Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Dressed In Woman's Attire And Got People Talking / What Lara Oweye-Wise, AIT Newscaster Does Before She Enters The Newsroom (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
AIT was a tool in the hand of Abacha, after the death of Abacha, AIT folded up as a result of high debt. He sought the assistance of OBJ and Dapo Sarumi the information minister, but no way as OBJ refused an assistance. Assistance later came from Minna and other places.

Immediately, after the death of Yar'adua (2010), AIT requested for a large sum of money from FG as payment for services rendered to FG, Jonathan administration refused the payment at that time. It created a lot of tension between AIT and some FG officials. Later in 2010 when there was a bomb attack at the Eagle Square, Abuja, in the process of investigation by security officials, some suspects arrested have the number of a very senior official of AIT on their phones among the numbers called during the period under investigation. Later, the suspects were part of a group in Niger delta. The case died down naturally.

Now, it seems AIT may be part of the present government, I have stopped watching AIT for years but was recently invited by friends to an observation on the station. Coincidentally, the first program I watched was anchored by Gbenga Aruleba where a campaign event of Buhari was cut off after an an initial 10 mins of telecast. Gbenga also explained that AIT is a private station created to survive on profit. It survives on money made from patronage. He that pays the piper dictates the tune.

I am happy that while channels TV is boasting of winning the TV of the year award for many years consecutively, AIT is making the oil money directly from the source and some of his key presenters are also making connections in the corridors of power and indirectly making the money.

Tony Momoh is a man of integrity from his days in NTA. I got to know of the owner of AIT when Alh. Bamanga Tukur was the governor of Gongola State, by then I was in secondary School, Bamangar Tukur, as I was told by an uncle in NPA then was his godfather. Later, when he had a feud with late MKO Abiola in the Africa Ocean Lines days a company belonging to Abiola. He survives obstacles. I wish him and his AIT station well.

Also, I wish all those run down on the station to be lifted. Happy recovery from fire. Time would tell. Let me die a righteous death is what the bible says. This time is indeed pathetic as oil money has been used to buy every major political tool and cultural machinery. Nigeria will survive this militant system of governance.
Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by manny4life(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
greggng:

Is a shame you jumped into conclusion about this fire matter . In bauchi gej was stoned and pdp went on air as usual to create disharmony amongst nigerians. However. Investigation reviews that it was actually an agrieved pdp menber that organised that. For same reason some people in ur party re now calling for the head of muazu cos in their view he said nothing when the incident happened. The desparation on the part of gej to win at all course will be his undoing. Coming back to the topic , I put it to you that the fire incident in benin and ait re all pdp tactics to tarnish the image of buhari. Nigerians re better informed. When next issues like this happened ensure you get ur facts right before spread ur false proganda. What pains me is that people like u re seen as role model to some people. Your analytical mind set is zero if you can judge without investigation.

Contrary to your thought, I haven't commented on the fire incident. Here is what you said:

Let me ask u . When there is injustice and there is no room for redress cos the govt of the day had made such impossible, what do you think the citizens will resort to? This time around they people re warning ur desparate party in advance that they won't go to court to waste time cos ur party will get perpetual injunction that will keep them in power till their ill gotten power expires.

Please, if I may ask, what are the citizens resorting to?

I am disappointed that you inferred violence as a recourse to injustice; irrespective of position or status, violence should NOT be encouraged. Therefore, if the people are angry, then the people should organize peaceful protests, and employ other peaceful methods to make their stance known. Change is inevitable in a whatever person, entity or form; however, the approach to change is very important. Like I said, no one has monopoly of violence, if the people continue in this pattern of change (violence), then the govt will likely respond in a brutal manner.

It's that simple! A lot of people hate Obama, barely will you see people burning down private institutions who support Obama let alone govt buildings, that's uncalled for. That's my point. As for the rest of your comment, seriously not interested in PDP vs APC party issues... I don't argue for or against anyone... I am just disappointed that you inferred violence as a recourse to injustice.
Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by desource13(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Some people are jst fools.. Why will u blame tinubu/GMB for d outbreak, while d report stated that its d cause of high voltage most evrithin been politicised in dis country.... May Almighty God save us!!!!
Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by greggng: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
I am ashamed of the youths of this country. No wonder many of them re failing english language like mad. Some do read but comprehension is their major problem. This is an indication that our educational system is dead. I am saying this cos some pdp youth didnot even read the post on the ait fire incident. However the jumped into conclusion that it was apc handwork. It was clearly stated that the fire was as a result of high voltage but they won't take that. They prefer their usual propaganda which doesn't sell anymore
Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by hakeemfatai217: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
Register for the dangote rural social scheme and enjoy after sales support from dangote group. buy dangote cement at #900 per bag or dangote rice at #6,000...Distributors only. Contact Manager Rural social scheme.
Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by Nicebold: 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Buchukwu:
Apc should be held responsible!!
Dirty words frm dirty mouth. For what? Av u nt seen father dt killd his son nd say it was assassin dt killd him jst 4 selfish interest . Hand work of PDP jst to daint innocent party.
Re: AIT Lagos Station On Fire by Anointed08(m): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2015
nortcentrallord:

You have judged yourself. In the presence of God, truth needs no evidence.

Truth needs no evidence in the presence of God but not in the present of man. That is why God Himself ordained that by the mouth of two or more witnesses every matter will be established.
So if you know the truth but lack evidence, you are yet to know anything! Even God have witnesses or evidences to support Himself- Acts 14 vs 17. He is not an unrighteous judge like human.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / Bbnaija: Trikytee Evicted From Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.