Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st (5719 Views)

NYCN Youths Stage Solidarity Rally To Welcome Buhari (Photos) / Students Stage Rally To Support Whistle-blowers (Photos) / Akwa Ibom APC Rally To Honour Victims Of 2015 Elections (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by CAVEng: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Good morning Nigerians,

As part of our collaborative efforts towards ensuring peaceful and non-violent elections in Nigeria, we concerned individuals have come together to organize a peaceful rally. This rally is aimed at preaching to the electorates the need to shun violence during and after the election periods. Also, the rally shall feature education of voters on the electioneering processes. Due to the limited resources at present and the short time before the elections, we are planning to hold the rally in Oyo town, our locality. Our belief is that other individuals in other parts of the country can follow suit and organize theirs wherever they are. Let me state that this rally is not being sponsored by any political person(s) or party. So far, so good, we have been relying on our personal resources.

The rally is non-political and we have ulterior motives. We are simply determined to contribute our little quota. We simply believe that regardless of who you want to vote for, it must not affect or jeopardize the peace of the Nation. We intend to march around the town distributing handbills and with our public address systems to talk to our people. We intend to visit the many 'bases', 'joints' and even, 'garages' in the town. We feel many of the people who cause menace are from these places.

Simply because the campaign is not political, I must tell you that its been difficult getting enough publicity for it. We feel these are laudable programmes the society should encourage but reverse is the case. We have decided to get the press involved but unfortunately, its been quite difficult as they tell us point blank that we must drop a brown envelopes. Hence, we feel Nairaland is the best place where we can get our voices heard. We want people to be aware. As a matter of fact, we have informed some renowned activists and they are coming down from various places across the nation. We are mobilizing Students' bodies, Academic and non-academic associations, NURTW, RTEAN, Arisans etc.

We are imploring all and sundry to join this crusade against Violence. Lets all advocate for peaceful elections.

We shall be updating you from time to time on our plans as we progress. Thanks all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Dyt(f): 9:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
Say no to violence

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by sophtaf(f): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
K
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by cycline404(m): 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
MAMA P Take note

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by datguru: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ok
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by bastien: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ok Arsenal abeg just 3goals

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Sweetguy25: 8:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
Yes o
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by laurel03(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Pace setters state.... Oyo will March for Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Neduzze5(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Wow... That's cool
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Zico5(m): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Anyone that think Jonathan is a lover of peace is on the long runs. The man is devil incarnate to be sincere. For the man to now suddenly reduce political office holders by 30 percent in about two week to an election speak volume of his personality. May God forbid bad things. He must be voted out or Nigeria may experience the worst. Have never seen someone so desperate like this in my life. We shall call unto God and he will answer us. GEJ must not destroy Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by RICHBOI2(f): 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
This is a good move.
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by ozoigbondu: 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
We will join the march
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Neduzze5(m): 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
sophtaf:
K

K is for Keke are you going towards Daura? Buhari needs ur services by May 29th wink

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Neduzze5(m): 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Zico5:
I

I is for I pledge to vote for GEJ come voting day whenever it would be held wink

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Lastdon02(m): 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Zico5:
I

i for ......?
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by oakson: 8:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
#IHaveDecided
Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by DeCritique(m): 8:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Booking space ticket now
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by pekeyim: 8:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Please campaign and make sure you inform the Baboon and Dogs master. Please

If not you are definitely

On Your Own. (OYO)
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by shawn3586(m): 8:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
Letz say no 2 violence
Pray 4 violence free election
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by GboyegaD(m): 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Very nice initiative. Governors should strive to educate their citizens that the election is not a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by 1stola: 8:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Good.
APC setting the pace since 2012.
CHANGE is a must
In change we believe.
Nigeria must move forward.
SAI BUHARI.
Hope this slaves below can come to their senses.

2 Likes

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
all the plan is set......
gate of hell would be open
only if Gej wins there will be peace in Nigeria
no Gej no Nigeria
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by XBLadez: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
When u say violence say APC

When u say peace and transformation, say PDP

GEJ - 2019! cool
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by satowind(m): 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
I pray it works.

May you not loose any family member this election period in jesus name...
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by PedroJP(m): 8:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dem no de ensure peaceful election for mouth in Naija as we get some animals up North
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by Zico5(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

I is for I pledge to vote for GEJ come voting day whenever it would be held wink
Over my dead body. GEJ for where, God forbid bad thing. As for me and my house hold we re for GMB

1 Like

Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by sophtaf(f): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
Neduzze5:

K is for Keke are you going towards Daura? Buhari needs ur services by May 29th wink
undecided
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by PedroJP(m): 8:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
GboyegaD:
Very nice initiative. Governors should strive to educate their citizens that the election is not a do or die affair.

Up North, right ? Cos they kill like they have no respect for life
Re: 'Campaign Against Violence In Elections' Rally To Hold In Oyo March 21st by GboyegaD(m): 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
PedroJP:

Up North, right ? Cos they kill like they have no respect for life

All locations in Nigeria. There are some peaceful states though nonetheless, it wouldn't hurt to educate the people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reports: Several Military And Police Helicopters Surround Nnamdi Kanu's Compound / There Is Nothing Like Southern Unity. I Am Not In Support / Video Of The Ongoing Demolition Of The Akachi Tower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.