Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:07 AM

Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship (2176 Views)

10 Ignorant Mindset Of Some Ladies Towards Marriage!! / 10 Ignorant Mindset Of Some Ladies Towards Marriage. / Check out the Creative Mindset of Man and His Unborn Daughter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2015
DollyParton1:
Because most part of your posts directly or indirectly referred to women.
...And men in a relationship.Besides,i noticed its the nigerian girls that made the nigerian guys too stereotyped in recent times.Once opon a time,i used to receive and give gifts and flowers from and to girls i am in relationship with. cool
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Rexhenrex(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2015
Djicemob:
No beef bro.But how do you determine someone that is a fool? Someone who cant comprehend your post?
no beef intended also, I don't see a fool as some one that can't comprehend my post but rather as one who knows the truth but tries to cover it like you are doing.am responsible for what I say and not what you think.so who ever you think a fool is that is not my problem.because you are entitled to your own opinion.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 9:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Rexhenrex:
no beef intended also, I don't see a fool as some one that can't comprehend my post but rather as one who knows the truth but tries to cover it like you are doing.am responsible for what I say and not what you think.so who ever you think a fool is that is not my problem.because you are entitled to your own opinion.
Ok bro.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by sinizia: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2015
I agree with most of your submissions, bar few which I'll point out.

Djicemob:

6.As a girl,having a long list of toasters is cool.
A girl claims she is "taken" on her facebook status but keeps posting pictures of her half naked self in exposed outfit every now and then.You then ask yourself why would a girl who claims she's taken become so desperate for attention like that?

7.As a guy,having a long list of side chicks is cool.
Every new chick straffed is an achievement to a nigerian guy.I dont really get this one.The girl feels in her mind she just got a new boyfriend,while the hunter guy feels he just caught a new antelope. cool

This is not peculiar to Nigerian men and women alone. All over the world, some men and women feels having side chicks and side toasters/guys is the new cool. It absolutely has nothing whatever to do with Nigerians alone. You are wrong on this one.

Djicemob:
8.A date should be in a bar,restaurant or boutique.
No offense but nigerian peeps are not really a romantic bunch(including me).We ask a girl out on a date and next thing you invite her to the nearest bar or exlusive restaurant you know in town.Who says you cant take a girl out to a zoo, museum, stream,river or take a walk around the cool parts of the city...or something more fun? Must we eat or drink? What is a date again sef?

You are right on this one. Most dates in Nigeria are usually in some fancy eateries. But things have changed though. People now go to cinemas for their dates. This issue of taking a walk around the cool parts of the city is that save for some few states, the 'cool parts' ain't available. there are few to no amusement parks in Nigeria. List cities/states with working amusements parks in Nigeria. Or will you be taking her for a date under the scorching sun in a busy road? Zoo? LOL. If you go to PH zoo, you'll be scarred for life. Utter rubbish. An eyesore. In short, your wife will divorce you if you take her on a date to that zoo. Zoos in Nigeria are an eyesore. Stick to an eatery or your house please.

Djicemob:
9.We need money to have a healthy relationship.
So says the gospel according to nigerian girls or low self-esteemed guys. embarassed

Wrong. So says The gospel according to the world!! Deceive yourself not, we need money to maintain a relationship. I'm not talking about high school dating. You don't have to be a Dangote or Bill Gate, but if you are thinking of relationship about to lead to marriage and you can't even maintain yourself, bros leave that relationship, you are not yet ready. The maintaining of the relationship should be two-sided though. Both partners should contribute. But money helps to maintain a relationship in any continent!!
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Rexhenrex(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2015
Djicemob:
Ok bro.
but seriously everything on that ur post is 10/10 shekina
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2015
sinizia:
I agree with most of your submissions, bar few which I'll point out.

This is not peculiar to Nigerian men and women alone. All over the world, some men and women feels having side chicks and side toasters/guys is the new cool. It absolutely has nothing whatever to do with Nigerians alone. You are wrong on this one.

You are right on this one. Most dates in Nigeria are usually in some fancy eateries. But things have changed though. People now go to cinemas for their dates. This issue of taking a walk around the cool parts of the city is that save for some few states, the 'cool parts' ain't available. there are few to no amusement parks in Nigeria. List cities/states with working amusements parks in Nigeria. Or will you be taking her for a date under the scorching sun in a busy road? Zoo? LOL. If you go to PH zoo, you'll be scarred for life. Utter rubbish. An eyesore. In short, your wife will divorce you if you take her on a date to that zoo. Zoos in Nigeria are an eyesore. Stick to an eatery or your house please.

Wrong. So says The gospel according to the world!! Deceive yourself not, we need money to maintain a relationship. I'm not talking about high school dating. You don't have to be a Dangote or Bill Gate, but if you are thinking of relationship about to lead to marriage and you can't even maintain yourself, bros leave that relationship, you are not yet ready. The maintaining of the relationship should be two-sided though. Both partners should contribute. But money helps to maintain a relationship in any continent!!
Nice input. However,i wouldnt angry about the "You need money to have a healthy relationship" part,maybe in nigeria but i dont really think it can be the case abroad.
Re: Typical Mindset Of Nigerians Towards Relationship by Djicemob: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2015
Rexhenrex:
but seriously everything on that ur post is 10/10 shekina
Naso! Thanks. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of These Is Hardest To Find In A Nigerian Man? / I Dont Enjoy Sex Is It Bad? / Beautiful People Dont Go Ahead Announcing How Cute They Are.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.