Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear (47399 Views)

How Do I Shut Out Snakes From My Poultry Farm? / Largest Cat Fish Farm In W/africa. 10 Tones Of Fish Produced Daily, No Buyers!!! / Buratai’s Tukur & Tukur Snakes Farm, Nasarawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Odunharry(m): 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mynd44:
Eastern Green Mamba.

Mean green and packs a combination of neurotoxins (dendrotoxins), cardiotoxins, calcicludine, and fasciculins......wicked and evil. Exclusive to the eastern costal parts of Africa sha....good for us.

I dey tell you.. imagine say dat snake dey Lagos
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
Wow, they are so cute.. Can i hav one pls?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by callmenow: 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
These diabolical creatures reminds me of the backstabbing and deadly APC in Nigeria. Follower beware!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by ylaa(f): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
how can I respect and fear a snake? no way!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by OkuDiOver1(f): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
I am not here shocked
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by kelitacliff(m): 4:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Front page finally
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by ylaa(f): 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
THEY ARE NOT DIABOLICAL OGA. THESE ARE CREATURES FROM OUR HEAVENLY FATHER BUT I DON'T LIKE THEM.
callmenow:
These diabolical creatures reminds me of the backstabbing and deadly APC in Nigeria. Follower beware!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
IF I SEE ANY OF DEM

I SWEAR I GO PISS 4 BODY grin
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by NemzySeries(m): 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
Redoil:
What about the snake called APC
itz calm and cute and likely to bite u and GEJ cum march 28th

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by XBLadez: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
I eat snakes, so I'm more poisonous
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by somegirl1: 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrCork:
...ok...we in London are eatin pissssa, chicken, apple pie, salad, mcdonalds, Kentucky, burger king kebab......and u people are praud to show picture of snake u eat??

....serrrrriously, am goin bak to bed. ...laters!!
undecided

You eat humans and entire states in London?

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by kelitacliff(m): 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
OrangeDream:
Wow, they are so cute.. Can i hav one pls?
yeah the black mamba
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by callmenow: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
ylaa:
THEY ARE NOT DIABOLICAL OGA. THESE ARE CREATURES FROM OUR HEAVENLY FATHER BUT I DON'T LIKE THEM.

www.thefreedictionary.com/diabolical
di·a·bol·i·cal also di·a·bol·ic (-ĭk). adj. 1. Of, concerning, or characteristic of the devil; satanic. 2. Appropriate to a devil, especially in degree of wickedness

They are diabolical. They are creepy. They are crawly. They are pure evil. They are devilish. Just like APC.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Krasid(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
I hope i don't see any of these in my lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Krasid(m): 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
XBLadez:
I eat snakes, so I'm more poisonous
One day bushmeat go catch the hunter.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
Why didn't you add African ladies to the list?? or is their venom not poisonous enough??... From my own assessments, girls are the most venomous animal on earth...

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by drehdinho(m): 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lovely! snake happens to be my best animal ever.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by xhamel88: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2015
kelitacliff:
Saw-Scaled Viper/Carpet Viper (Echis genus)
This monster is usually out after dark, which is when most of its hapless human victims have been bitten. In Africa it mostly inhabits dry or savanna regions north of the equator, but the eight saw-scaled viper species are found as far across the globe as Sri Lanka. Dry-looking and the color of dirt, their scales rub together to produce a sizzling or sawing sound, hence the name. They’re also categorized as sidewinders for their sideways motion. They move slowly, but can strike quickly, and their sour temper coupled with quick-acting venom has not fared well for some folks.

This one is very common in Gujba, in Yobe State, where i did my NYSC. True, it moves at Night. I killed at least 2 while i was there.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by ylaa(f): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
well done.
callmenow:

www.thefreedictionary.com/diabolical
di·a·bol·i·cal also di·a·bol·ic (-ĭk). adj. 1. Of, concerning, or characteristic of the devil; satanic. 2. Appropriate to a devil, especially in degree of wickedness

They are diabolical. They are creepy. They are crawly. They are pure evil. They are devilish. Just like APC.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by kestolove95(m): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Make I knw just catch any of dem for ma house o...if not dem go knw why I b pesin. dem b animal
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by openmine(m): 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
kelitacliff:
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis)
Let’s start with its neurotoxic venom: it attacks the nervous system, reducing the ability to see, smell, move, and breathe. It’s the most aggressive snake in Africa and the fastest (it can run after you at 12 miles per hour or 20 kilometers per hour). It’s the largest of the continent’s venomous snakes (up to eight feet or 2.5 meters in length), and its venom is strong enough to kill up to a dozen people in an hour. This is because the black mamba can strike up to 12 times in a row, pumping venom into one or multiple victims each time. Sub-Saharan Africans know to watch themselves, to watch the trees above, and to tread lightly on the ground. #Kingofthejungle
d baddest snake ever in terms of venom..... sad

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tonychristopher: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
why did u call these deadly, we eat them in ile ife....
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by greall12(m): 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2015
I hate snake.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by omonnakoda: 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by MrCork: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2015
somegirl1:

You eat humans and entire states in London?

..^^^^ see this mango head girl....sweeery do I no u? (no oofeinse) undecided
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tomzee2(f): 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
.mbuh the snakes are cute
we don't need new eve oh lipsrsealed
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
xhamel88:

This one is very common in Gujba, in Yobe State, where i did my NYSC. True, it moves at Night. I killed at least 2 while i was there.
I've tasted that snake.Only speciespecie of snake I've eaten though.But I'm very scared of them.My legs are shaking already.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
All these snakes are learners compared to the Australian Eastern Brown. The Eastern Brown is the world's deadliest snake. The black mamba is a learner where that snake is. It's bite is 95% fatal, even with treatment. Death can come in less than an hour.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mynd44:
Take the Boomslang off this list abeg. The venom it produces might be Haemotoxin but it is a "Slow poison" not so deadly

Slow acting - yes , not so deadly - no
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tayoccu(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
kelitacliff:
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis)
Let’s start with its neurotoxic venom: it attacks the nervous system, reducing the ability to see, smell, move, and breathe. It’s the most aggressive snake in Africa and the fastest (it can run after you at 12 miles per hour or 20 kilometers per hour). It’s the largest of the continent’s venomous snakes (up to eight feet or 2.5 meters in length), and its venom is strong enough to kill up to a dozen people in an hour. This is because the black mamba can strike up to 12 times in a row, pumping venom into one or multiple victims each time. Sub-Saharan Africans know to watch themselves, to watch the trees above, and to tread lightly on the ground. #Kingofthejungle

reminds me of an old Swahili proverb:
"a lot of things can kill you in Africa, an elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you, or a mamba can kill you, but it is only with a mamba that death is a certainty
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tayoccu(m): 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
how come the rock Python isn't on the list?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mynd44:

A facination when I was younger

Make we hear word , were you not the one arguing about a python on one thread some time ago , your comments were grossly ignorant on that day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.