Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear (47400 Views)

How Do I Shut Out Snakes From My Poultry Farm? / Largest Cat Fish Farm In W/africa. 10 Tones Of Fish Produced Daily, No Buyers!!! / Buratai’s Tukur & Tukur Snakes Farm, Nasarawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nickymezor(f): 6:23pm On Mar 10, 2015
shocked shocked.They are all scary.....*.Runz out fast..*.I dont wana hv nightmares ooo
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
marc99:
Add all the African snakes together, they still don't measure up to an Australian "Inland taipan".

It's the most venomous land creature, not just snake!

The venom from a strike can kill one thousand humans!

The most venomous but not the most dangerous as they usually give "dry bites" when threatened
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by skyewizz: 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Am already afraid
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
Teespice:

how come you know so much about snakes?

All na wash , if you ask him what kind of dentition a snake has he'll be stumped , everything he has posted here you can get online
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by marc99(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2015
neoapocalypse:

The most venomous but not the most dangerous as they usually give "dry bites" when threatened

Oya go close to it.

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
marc99:

Oya go close to it.

only about a quarter of their bites have venom as they tender to use their venom for hunting and not self defense
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Wristler: 6:32pm On Mar 10, 2015
I hate snakes angry
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
iceberylin:

The guy must have used google grin

exactly
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by GogetterMD(m): 6:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mynd44:
Alert.....the Mozambique Spitting cobra is in the house
Bros, you too like snakes biko. See as you dey blush as you see the names of your favourite snakes. Or is your bae Najin?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Oskilala: 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2015
She's got no fear....

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
I saw this snake like a month ago or so , it was black n yellow, the fear wey catch me ehnnn shocked
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Mynd44, biko bia. I don dey suspect yu small small.....how come u know so much about snakes?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
There is one south African snake which plays dead by turning upside down , can't remember the name now. All snakes use either constriction or envenomation to kill their prey but there is one species which makes use of both methods to hunt prey , like a boa having the fangs and venom of a cobra , scary , the name starts with an M , I can't remember it now but I'll like any zoologist or animal scientist to remind me the names of these snakes , I remember doing a course on snakes as an animal scientist way back then
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Tirham1: 6:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
Curvinus:
Which one be Gobe de nisa there abeg? That snake get terrible reputation as it name suggests (tomorrow is far) but I no even sabi am sef. I know the King cobra, the rustle viper and black mamba. I also know the reticulated python. Now show me Gobe da nisa.

I think gone da nisa is a viper a neurotoxic one
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by khadaffi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 10, 2015
The black mamba is the most dangerous snake such that seeing one in your dream is even a bad omen
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by faradexs09(m): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
Snakes are cute, especially their slimy lil heads, I once admired a snake kisser in mexico, killing em erks me, so far in my adult experience ve only had to kill 2,lovely fin nd deadly...africa is so rich wid nature...
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by deebrain(m): 7:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kill them all
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by omonnakoda: 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Missmossy(f): 7:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
How i hate snakes, very deadly creatures grin

1 Like

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by ThaProphet(m): 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
MrCork:
...ok...we in London are eatin pissssa, chicken, apple pie, salad, mcdonalds, Kentucky, burger king kebab......and u people are praud to show picture of snake u eat??

....serrrrriously, am goin bak to bed. ...laters!!
undecided

Lol...those burgers made out of horse meat, uh?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by olawonder(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Watch out for my "friend" Kamoru, he's d deadliest snake, not just in Africa but in d whole wide world!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Lyrically(m): 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
prof800:

Ah!
My all time favourite snake!

Very amazing behaviour.
When asleep, you can safely lift it up, put it in a basket and take it home
...provided you don't touch its head or wake it up.
(I've actually seen this happen here in my swampy rain forest).

When awake it is even less aggressive until it feels threatened.

But contrary to what you said, it is deadly. Its mode of attack is to inject multiple venoms and a long bite.

chairman e beta mk prsn no touch dz snake atall hw prsn go lift snake put am inside basket without d head hitting sumtin? how?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
kelitacliff:
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis)
Let’s start with its neurotoxic venom: it attacks the nervous system, reducing the ability to see, smell, move, and breathe. It’s the most aggressive snake in Africa and the fastest (it can run after you at 12 miles per hour or 20 kilometers per hour). It’s the largest of the continent’s venomous snakes (up to eight feet or 2.5 meters in length), and its venom is strong enough to kill up to a dozen people in an hour. This is because the black mamba can strike up to 12 times in a row, pumping venom into one or multiple victims each time. Sub-Saharan Africans know to watch themselves, to watch the trees above, and to tread lightly on the ground. #Kingofthejungle

Now i understand why my ex called me black mamba
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by IYANGBALI: 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
Omo see meat. Wey soup ingrredients?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Emperoradrian(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lovexme:
I love watching documentaries on snakes, but I don't like snakes.
.....who cares? Like i care!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Emperoradrian(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lovexme:
I love watching documentaries on snakes, but I don't like snakes.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
I could watch documentaries on them for hours
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by pbs4real(m): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
.mbuh the snakes are cute
i hear u,snake gal.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by masqot(m): 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
I hate mosquitoes, detest cockroaches and fear snakes. Snake this way, I the other way; though I've killed a few.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Sultanchidi(m): 9:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
Natgeowild
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by chucky234(m): 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
Teespice:

how come you know so much about snakes?
Because dem born am for snake kingdom, hope I answer your question.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by chucky234(m): 9:28pm On Mar 10, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.