Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear (47397 Views)

How Do I Shut Out Snakes From My Poultry Farm? / Largest Cat Fish Farm In W/africa. 10 Tones Of Fish Produced Daily, No Buyers!!! / Buratai’s Tukur & Tukur Snakes Farm, Nasarawa State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by corisande: 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
creepy stuff
i hate snakes!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by corisande: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lovexme:
I love watching documentaries on snakes, but I don't like snakes.

same here
whenever i want to watch natgeo, na snakes i like watching but i hate them
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by mayyorr01(m): 10:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
kelitacliff:
The Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis)
Let’s start with its neurotoxic venom: it attacks the nervous system, reducing the ability to see, smell, move, and breathe. It’s the most aggressive snake in Africa and the fastest (it can run after you at 12 miles per hour or 20 kilometers per hour). It’s the largest of the continent’s venomous snakes (up to eight feet or 2.5 meters in length), and its venom is strong enough to kill up to a dozen people in an hour. This is because the black mamba can strike up to 12 times in a row, pumping venom into one or multiple victims each time. Sub-Saharan Africans know to watch themselves, to watch the trees above, and to tread lightly on the ground. #Kingofthejungle
what about dis guy called 'python'
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Sunnah1(m): 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote author=Redoil post=31462575]What about the snake called APC
Is coming out on 18th of this month to kill the “Stealing is not corruption PDP”
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by layinkakeem(m): 11:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
Deadly or no deadly, stubborn or no stubborn.
If them born dey snake well make e come idumota or docemo market maybe dem no go kill am like chicken !
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Inkyillusion(m): 12:07am On Mar 11, 2015
Gosh! I can't sleep anymore after reading this.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by jzdoberman: 12:29am On Mar 11, 2015
Black Mamba a.k.a the KISS of DEATH!
This nigga can stand up to 6 feet and bite with ease.
Even a mamba that's dead after 3 days is still poisonous if the fangs are touched!
#1 snake on planet Earth; no doubt about that .
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Donaldomo(m): 3:56am On Mar 11, 2015
What about their 'choppability'? Some snakes are actually very sweet (tasty) when consumed. Can't wait for the next!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Donaldomo(m): 3:58am On Mar 11, 2015
What about their 'choppability'? Some snakes are actually very sweet (tasty) when consumed. Can't wait for the next! Thanks to God's dominion on us over them.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by pamcode(m): 5:43am On Mar 11, 2015
Snakes? I dont love them but i hear they make good meat for soup, i even heard they taste like chicken hmmn *salivates*. I seriously need to try one *off to the jungle with my cutlass and dane gun*
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by marc99(m): 5:58am On Mar 11, 2015
The Inland Taipan may be the most venomous land snake in the world, the "king cobra" certainly is the most dreaded snake, the longest venomous snake in the world. People dread the king cobra more than they dread a tiger.

A snake that feeds on other snakes, even snakes of its kind!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by omonnakoda: 6:07am On Mar 11, 2015
jzdoberman:
Black Mamba a.k.a the KISS of DEATH!
This nigga can stand up to 6 feet and bite with ease.
Even a mamba that's dead after 3 days is still poisonous if the fangs are touched!
#1 snake on planet Earth; no doubt about that .
Technically snakes are venomous not "poisonous" meaning the venom has to be injected into tissue or the blood to be lethal.Merely touching the venom or even drinking it is not necessarily sufficient to kill grin. Snake venom can be used in cocktail drinks cool
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by omonnakoda: 6:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by olowoeko(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2015
For ya info, easter brown is the second most dangerous snake and inland taipan is the most dangerous and they are both found in australia
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by omonnakoda: 9:46am On Mar 11, 2015
olowoeko:
For ya info, easter brown is the second most dangerous snake and inland taipan is the most dangerous and they are both found in australia
Is there a standard definition for the word ;dangerous with regard to snakes or does it mean what the user wants it to mean?

I think a more meaningful measure is which one in reality kills more people each year
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by JuanDeDios: 11:08am On Mar 11, 2015
Mynd44:
Come one. the puff adder's venom kills after an average of 2-4 days....that isnnot deadly jorh!!
Not sure I agree. PAa are very very deadly - at least the particular species I know. My sister's friend lost her son to a puff adder - he died the same day.

Their meat tastes very nice though. smiley
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by JuanDeDios: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2015
prof800:

Ah!
My all time favourite snake!

Very amazing behaviour.
When asleep, you can safely lift it up, put it in a basket and take it home
...provided you don't touch its head or wake it up.
(I've actually seen this happen here in my swampy rain forest).

When awake it is even less aggressive until it feels threatened.

But contrary to what you said, it is deadly. Its mode of attack is to inject multiple venoms and a long bite.

I won't advise anyone to touch a puff adder - it may not bite so readily but you can't guarantee it won't. The snake you play and mess around with is the royal python.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by JuanDeDios: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2015
mayyorr01:
what about dis guy called 'python'
The rock python is the largest snake found in Nigeria. Both the rock python and its smaller cousin the royal python are non-venomous.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Section8(m): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Omorh that Black Mamba dey vex o
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tayoccu(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
the snake in this video is the rock Python [url] Watch "Man uses his Leg as Bait to Catch an Anaconda (Must See)" on YouTube
Man uses his Leg as Bait to Catch an Anaconda (Must See):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAlYORil5Os [/url]
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Pinkiedearie:
.mbuh the snakes are cute
huh?!!! shocked lobatan!!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tayoccu(m): 8:09am On Mar 12, 2015
JuanDeDios:

The rock python is the largest snake found in Nigeria. Both the rock python and its smaller cousin the royal python are non-venomous.

so because constrictors are nonvenomous they shouldn't be feared?
have you ever heard of a venomous snake eating a child? or a young adult?
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by JuanDeDios: 10:12am On Mar 12, 2015
tayoccu:

so because constrictors are nonvenomous they shouldn't be feared?
have you ever heard of a venomous snake eating a child? or a young adult?
Not sure what you're on about. Please show me where I said non-venomous snakes shouldn't be "feared" - whatever you mean by that.

In case you need the education, royal pythons are pretty harmless to humans. Rock pythons, on the other hand, are giant reptiles that can do harm to humans.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by FarmTech(m): 3:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sometimes I ask why God created snakes. Deadly ropes.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tayoccu(m): 9:16am On Mar 13, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Not sure what you're on about. Please show me where I said non-venomous snakes shouldn't be "feared" - whatever you mean by that.

In case you need the education, royal pythons are pretty harmless to humans. Rock pythons, on the other hand, are giant reptiles that can do harm to humans.
dude someone asked about pythons, you gave a short lecture and ended it by saying they are nonvenomous.
now how does that sound on a thread about dangerous snakes?
FYI I'd be surprised if you can educate me about nature.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by JuanDeDios: 11:00am On Mar 13, 2015
tayoccu:

dude someone asked about pythons, you gave a short lecture and ended it by saying they are nonvenomous.
now how does that sound on a thread about dangerous snakes?
FYI I'd be surprised if you can educate me about nature.
Read your post again - Someone about . . . PYTHONS. I gave a short lecture about . . . PYTHONS. And ended up saying PYTHONS are nonvenomous. Now you, a third party, not only have a problem with that but feel strongly enough about it to make post after post for it.

I can lecture you about nature, but I'm not interested and won't respond to you after this. Take your pettiness and quibbling elsewhere.
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by tayoccu(m): 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Read your post again - Someone about . . . PYTHONS. I gave a short lecture about . . . PYTHONS. And ended up saying PYTHONS are nonvenomous. Now you, a third party, not only have a problem with that but feel strongly enough about it to make post after post for it.

I can lecture you about nature, but I'm not interested and won't respond to you after this. Take your pettiness and quibbling elsewhere.
smh!
guess you didn't understand the question the person asked.
oh well!
Re: Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear by Preprobiotics: 11:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2.5 Million Metric Tonne Rice Mill In Imota Lagos (Photos) / Anambra Agricultural Exports At Lagos Airport- Pictures / Catfish Breeders: A Snapshot Of My One Room Hatchery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.