Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time (5065 Views)

Boyfriend Shaves Her Eyebrows Over Compliments From Guys At The Club / Two Nairalanders Sleeknick And Switup Meet For The First Time (photos) / Men! Stop Offering Your Joystick To Any Stranger You Meet For Mouth Action. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2015
Meeting someone new can be a challenge, but with these compliments it can be easier to break the ice. However, you should always make sure you are genuine when complimenting someone. Never say something if you don’t mean it! If you find something to compliment a person on that you really admire about them, you should certainly tell them! A nice compliment breaks the ice and creates an easier avenue for talking to someone new. Here are 15 wonderful compliments to give people you meet for the first time. Some of them are better for a woman than a man, and a few are even useful for a job interview, but every one of them can be condition specific, so choose the most appropriate ones.

1. Your smile is so beautiful

If someone you meet for the first time has a lovely smile, make sure to tell them so! It’s one of the easiest ways to break the ice and start a conversation. A smile is the most beautiful thing everyone can wear, and when someone appreciates it, it’s so nice.

2. I like your outfit

This is another great compliment to give someone you meet for the first time. After all, who doesn’t want to be complimented on what they are wearing? I admit, I love it! If you meet a new guy, you may say something like, “Your shirt is really nice.” If it is a woman, you may say something like, “Beautiful blouse,” or “Awesome dress.” This will break the ice and make a person feel good.

3. You are so nice

An easy compliment you can give someone new is just to tell them how polite they are. If they are friendly or they just have great manners, tell them so! This compliment is appropriate in almost any situation!

4. Your hair looks amazing

This is a great compliment to give a woman or man, and a simple one too. Everybody loves to feel like their hair looks amazing, and having somebody tell you that is a wonderful compliment to get, so return the favor.

5. Your jewellery is so cute

Sure, along with outfit every woman likes to be complimented on her jewellery. Don’t be afraid to express your love for a woman’s jewellery, or if it’s a man, you may say something like, “Great watch.” If you are in a job interview, keep it short and not over the top, and say something like, “I like your jewellery.”

6. I love your style

If you really like the way a person dresses or accessorizes, one of the best ways to say this is simply, “You have a great style.” It makes a simple, but very nice compliment anyone will like.

7. You have a great taste in books

When I meet people for the first time, I like finding out what they read. If it’s something I love, I always tell them so! If someone speaks of a book they have recently read that sounds interesting to you, feel free to tell them. If you are lucky, they might even allow you to borrow their book.

8. You have a lovely accent

If you meet someone who is from a different country, state or area and you love their accent, compliment them. This compliment is always nice to get. Trust me, I know.

9. You are a good cook

This is a great compliment for your partner’s mother or sister! If you are eating a meal that was prepared on behalf of someone else who did an excellent job, tell them that they are a good cook. Who knows, maybe you will even get a second invitation!?

10. I’ve heard a lot of good things about you

If you don’t know what to say about someone you meet for the first time, or you’re finding it difficult to begin a conversation, then you may just say something like, “I’ve heard many good things about you.” This compliment is a fabulous way to break the ice. However, if you haven’t heard anything of them, then certainly don’t say this.

11. This is a super tasty meal

If you’re going over to someone’s house for dinner, don’t forget to tell them that their dinner was super delicious. Every cook and person hosting an event loves to hear this, and it’s a simple compliment to give to somebody in exchange for a delicious meal.

12. I like your taste in sports

If you are going into a guy’s house and you don’t know what to say, but you notice he has a few sports memorabilia on his desk or walls that you love, tell him he has a great taste in sports. He will definitely like this compliment. But be sure you mean what you say, because he may ask you who your favorite players are, so you should know the answer!

13. Your nail polish is beautiful

If a woman interviewing you for your next job has a beautiful nail polish color, feel free to tell her! Don’t think that this compliment will make you sound weird. You’ll just let her know you appreciate her great taste in nail polish. There’s no harm in this!

14. Your car is awesome

Everybody who has a great car loves to hear it. If you love someone’s car, tell them so. It’s a simple and indirect compliment that begins a conversation and makes them feel more at ease with you.

15. The flowers on your desk are beautiful

Whenever I go into someone’s home or office, I always admire their flowers especially if they are really beautiful. This is a wonderful compliment to give someone new. This compliment is especially great for a job interview where you don’t want to come over as fake or over the top.

Getting a nice compliment can make everyone feel great. In fact, complimenting other people is a perfect way to begin a conversation and get to know someone. Plus, it’s an easy start of meeting new friends.
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by kestolove95(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ur boobs are so inviting
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:08pm On Mar 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Ur boobs are so inviting

Hehehehehehehe grin

Werey

Oya Take

Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Cutehector(m): 12:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lol. Why do most ladies reply wit I'm flatterd wen dey r bein complimented
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by steppin: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2015
*heavy Igbo accent* Baby, this your waist na doctor's prescription.
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2015
You've got a big butt
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by tobillionaire(m): 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Ur boobs are so inviting
on point jhor no dulling.... I. Lov yo ukwu
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by braine(m): 12:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Ur boobs are so inviting

''Your boobs are really firm'' does the magic better, even tho they aren't. grin
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by kestolove95(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
tobillionaire:
on point jhor no dulling.... I. Lov yo ukwu
uku sarambara
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by kestolove95(m): 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
braine:

''Your boobs are really firm'' does the magic better, even tho they aren't. grin
oya na
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by iwezor1(m): 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Or you say!
-Hi, your head is so big, did you take after your dad? grin
-Hi, did you just say ur dads name is Abubakar shekau? (If she says yes, my broda go buy bullet proof o) grin
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Decale: 12:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Do anyone of this and you'll be a virgin for life....
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:30pm On Mar 10, 2015
Decale:
Do anyone of this and you'll be a virgin for life....
grin

How? undecided
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:31pm On Mar 10, 2015
iwezor1:
Or you say!
-Hi, your head is so big, did you take after your dad? grin
-Hi, did you just say ur dads name is Abubakar shekau? (If she says yes, my broda go buy bullet proof o) grin
braine:

steppin:
*heavy Igbo accent* Baby, this your waist na doctor's prescription.

D1ck:
You've got a big butt

grin grin

Laugh Yaf Kee Me Here

Werey everywhere
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Decale: 12:33pm On Mar 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
grin

How? undecided

Complements nowadays are more or less impassive to their ears. It's like rhymes, they've heard enough not to take any serious
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

grin grin

Laugh Yaf Kee Me Here

I am Werey and I'm always everywhere
Really
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
Decale:

Complements nowadays are more or less impassive to their ears. It's like rhymes, they've heard enough not to take any serious
hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
D1ck:
Really

Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Acekidc4(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
kestolove95:
Ur boobs are so inviting

I feel like Squeezing Them!! I don help u finish d Statement!!!
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Acekidc4(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
D1ck:
You've got a big butt

Say this to Rokiatu!!! Men dat Girl butt na Nuclear Bomb waiting to Explode!! Hehe!!!
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by Gofwane(m): 3:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
Babe, your ukwu big like trailer.
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by sinizia: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
The best compliment - your legs are lovely, which time do they part sideways? lipsrsealed
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by ProFuhrer: 11:30am On Mar 12, 2015
From the comments here, it is very obvious that chivalry is now a forgotten trait in men. You guys prefer bawdy, lewd and flirtatious remarks to good old refined compliments.
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:44am On Mar 12, 2015
ProFuhrer:
From the comments here, it is very obvious that chivalry is now a forgotten trait in men. You guys prefer bawdy, lewd and flirtatious remarks to good old refined compliments.

Girls have made themselves so cheap that mehn see them like sex tools

#NoOffense
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by sinizia: 1:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:
hmmmm lipsrsealed

Dude, this is the third time I've caught you stealing people's works without crediting them. Do you have orgàsm when you plagiarise people's work? Stop these repugnant behavior!!

http://en.amerikanki.com/wonderful-compliments-give-people-meet-first-time/
Re: 15 Wonderful Compliments To Give People You Meet For The First Time by ProFuhrer: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
JayKayMaybachz:

Girls have made themselves so cheap that mehn see them like sex tools

#NoOffense
When you say girls, does that include your sisters and daughters? #NoOffence

(1) (Reply)

This Is How Ladies Treat Guys On The Social Media / Unlimted Reasons Why Its Easy To Be A Woman Than A Guy / Until You See A Woman's N@kedness, Till You Know How Worthless She Is!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.