Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant (7215 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
Koolking:
Facts have been laid bare from the Bible for you to see, but you have refused to acknowledge. However, there is no crime in being opinionated and believing in what gives one personal fulfillment. The cool fact is, tithe or no tithe, your salvation will never be taken away provided you live a righteous life.

I respect your believe Sir.

Where are the facts sir?

You people claimed that Tithe has been disannulled in the Bible and I asked for the verse but only verse you people can provide is not talking about disannulling of Tithe.

Finally, the reason why Tithe was not part of what Jesus came to earth to set aside is because Tithe itself is HOLY to God according to God's statement at inauguration of Levitical priesthood.

"And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is Jehovah's: it is holy unto Jehovah" Lev 27:30 ASV

This shows another misunderstanding of that Hebrews 7 by you people.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 4:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
PastorKun:
I think the onus is on you to show us were christians were instructed to tithe in the bible and explain also why you and your ilk preach tithes of money contrary to God's tithing instruction to the israelites.

You're the one who think we preach ONLY monetary tithe but when I was with my Grandma in the village back then as a farmer she Tithe with her farm products which is what she does for a living and do other farmers too. Me I'm not a farmer but now that I work as a civil servant the way to tithe is through the reward for my sweat (salary).

Well I really appreciate you people opinion on this.

Regards.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by CANTICLES: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2015
Emusan:

You're very funny, I should follow koolking and go against scriptures.

SMH...

YOU Have already go against scripture, na lyk dis the scripture told them to tithe ?
""
but now that I
work as a civil servant the way to tithe is through the
Reward for my sweat (salary)
""

I repeat WHERE WAS TITHE CANCELLED IN THE BIBLE?

Mr, Stop putting square peg in round holes ... It doesnt work, CHRISTIANS ARE NO MORE UNDER THE MOSAIC LAW

At no time were first
century Christians commanded to pay tithes.
The primary
purpose of the tithing arrangement under the Law had
been to support Israel’s temple and priesthood;
CONSEQUENTLY, the obligation to pay tithes would cease
when that Mosaic Law covenant came to an end as
fulfilled, through Christ’s death on the torture stake.
(Eph2:15; Col 2:13, 14)

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by mayo9ice: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
See whoever put this post online is a big fool how can u say tithing is not important if u don't know what to say u better keep shut ur mouth....i can see u love poverty don't worry I pray u will remain there...
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by CANTICLES: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
Emusan
"And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is Jehovah's: it is holy unto Jehovah" Lev 27:30 ASV

Is SABBATH Not also Holy To Jehovah ? Exodus 16:23 , do u still adhere to that one too ?

U quote the whole thing as if the isrealites will carry their food items and products to Jehovah in heaven . This is how its done

" Now see that I have given to the sons of Levi every tenth part in isreal as an inheritance ... FOR I HAVE GIVEN TO THE LEVITES as an inheritance the tenth part contributed by the people of isreal" Num 18: 21 ,24

Shey na Levites , Sons Of Aaron u dey give ur holy tithe to ?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by brocab: 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
The Tithing law was only for the Jews-it was never meant for the Gentiles or the Christians, but hey' if Grandma's giving her Merchandise away in food products, help supporting the homeless and the needy, then Grandma's giving her tithes away as the Old Testament laws said to give.

Tithing is un biblical, not scripture d, giving in a freewill manner, is biblical, and scripture d.

Old Testament tithing went like this>Malachi 3 bring all your tithes into the storehouse That there maybe food in My house, And prove Me now in this." Say's the Lord of hosts.
If I will not open for you the windows of heaven. And pour out for you such blessing.

I'm sure by Grandma's giving she's receiving her blessings, and the Lord sending down that rain.
Isaiah 44:3, "For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground, I will pour My Spirit on your descendants. And My blessing on your offspring:

The more Grandma's giving the more the Lord's supporting Grandma's needs and those around her-Grandma's has plenty to give all year round.
Emusan:

You're the one who think we preach ONLY monetary tithe but when I was with my Grandma in the village back then as a farmer she Tithe with her farm products which is what she does for a living and do other farmers too. Me I'm not a farmer but now that I work as a civil servant the way to tithe is through the reward for my sweat (salary).

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Koolking(m): 11:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
mayo9ice:
See whoever put this post online is a big fool how can u say tithing is not important if u don't know what to say u better keep shut ur mouth....i can see u love poverty don't worry I pray u will remain there...

Your ignorance of Christianity is excused. Christians don't start public opinion with 'big fools. Your quest for attention is kindly acknowledged. God bless you dude.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Koolking(m): 11:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
mayo9ice:

The incredible thing about you is, upon all the tithes you have paid since your childhood to date, your name has never been mentioned in Forbes 100,000 richest men, rather those pastors you have been paying the tithe to have effortlessly made the list . Don't you think, It's time to have a rethink ?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by brocab: 12:40am On Mar 19, 2015
The law on Tithing was never about money, it was never a commandment, but a law-and tithing was used with sacrificing and offerings, yearly in the Old Testament.
You have asked where the Lord dis annulled the tithing law-I suppose when he dis annulled the sacrificing law, and the burnt offerings law, which you don't seem to be too keen on doing?

BUT YOU ARE KEEN TO FOLLOW ONE OF THE LAWS AND NOT THE OTHERS.
James 2:10, For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
And you have stumbled you don't follow after sacrificing, you don't follow after the burnt offerings-but you do follow only after the tithing law.

Matthew 23-23, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of Mint and anise and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the Law; justice and mercy and faith.
These you ought to have done, with out leaving the others undone.

So then we have a Question for you-why leave out the sacrificing, and the burnt offerings-when we all know in the Old Testament those three were one in all, in Law.

Emusan:

Where are the facts sir?

You people claimed that Tithe has been disannulled in the Bible and I asked for the verse but only verse you people can provide is not talking about disannulling of Tithe.

Finally, the reason why Tithe was not part of what Jesus came to earth to set aside is because Tithe itself is HOLY to God according to God's statement at inauguration of Levitical priesthood.

This shows another misunderstanding of that Hebrews 7 by you people.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2015
CANTICLES:
Is SABBATH Not also Holy To Jehovah ? Exodus 16:23 , do u still adhere to that one too ?

Don't tell me you don't know the meaning of SABBATH...

U quote the whole thing as if the isrealites will carry their food items and products to Jehovah in heaven . This is how its done

You think everyone reason as you can reason.

" Now see that I have given to the sons of Levi every tenth part in isreal as an inheritance ... FOR I HAVE GIVEN TO THE LEVITES as an inheritance the tenth part contributed by the people of isreal" Num 18: 21 ,24

Shey na Levites , Sons Of Aaron u dey give ur holy tithe to?

No! I tithe to the NEW priest in order of Melchizedek.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 8:42am On Mar 19, 2015
brocab:
The law on Tithing was never about money, it was never a commandment, but a law-and tithing was used with sacrificing and offerings, yearly in the Old Testament.
You have asked where the Lord dis annulled the tithing law-I suppose when he dis annulled the sacrificing law, and the burnt offerings law, which you don't seem to be too keen on doing?

BUT YOU ARE KEEN TO FOLLOW ONE OF THE LAWS AND NOT THE OTHERS.
James 2:10, For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.

[size=14pt]And you have stumbled you don't follow after sacrificing, you don't follow after the burnt offerings-but you do follow only after the tithing law.[/size]

Matthew 23-23, "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of Mint and anise and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the Law; justice and mercy and faith.
[size=14pt]These you ought to have done,[/size] with out leaving the others undone.

So then we have a Question for you-why leave out the sacrificing, and the burnt offerings-when we all know in the Old Testament those three were one in all, in Law.

@bold 1 & 2-Please try to read my last 2 post, I can't keep repeating myself again.

@bold 3-Jesus emphatically says they need to Tithe but they shouldn't forget doing the rest, do you understand it now?
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by CANTICLES: 9:02am On Mar 19, 2015
Emusan:

[s] Don't tell me you don't know the meaning of SABBATH... [/s]

Invalid excuse ..... Do u still adhere to Sabbath because its also HOLY to Jehovah ? If NO, why retain tithe for same reason.

No! I tithe to the NEW priest in order of Melchizedek

NOTE: Melchizedek receive tithe (properties from war)from Abraham ONCE .... NOT year after year, week after week , as many in christendom do .

But most importantly:

Can you show us where Christians and the gentile converts tithe to the New Priest in the order of melchizedek ?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by PastorKun(m): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2015
Emusan:

Regards.

And you read in your own bible that those that are not farmers should tithe of their own income too Does that not make you guilty of adding to scriptures which is a very serious sin?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Aizenosa(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Thank the Op for this post also, i will like to add if u read the Act of the Apostles very well u will notice that tithing wasn't even dere instead Christians lived as though they were born on one parent, hw many churches live liked dat today, its so painful dat a widow will approach a pastor i need dis and d pastor will say sow a seed, seed of wetin, where she wan see wetin sow, may God help this generation.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Koolking(m): 10:46am On Mar 19, 2015
Aizenosa:
Thank the Op for this post also, i will like to add if u read the Act of the Apostles very well u will notice that tithing wasn't even dere instead Christians lived as though they were born on one parent, hw many churches live liked dat today, its so painful dat a widow will approach a pastor i need dis and d pastor will say sow a seed, seed of wetin, where she wan see wetin sow, may God help this generation.

It's sad. The so-called Pastors are living large. They own one of the biggest conglomerates in the world, yet they continue to impoverish their gullible members. Most Nigerians need God's help like yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
CANTICLES:
Invalid excuse ..... Do u still adhere to Sabbath because its also HOLY to Jehovah ? If NO, why retain tithe for same reason.

That's why I first asked you whether you know the meaning of SABBATH but you couldn't say anything than to strike it.

I believe your wrong understand of SABBTH leads you to this.

NOTE: Melchizedek receive tithe (properties from war)from Abraham ONCE .... NOT year after year, week after week , as many in christendom do.

So have you given your OWN TITHE for once?

I know you will come with another thing.

But most importantly:

Can you show us where Christians and the gentile converts tithe to the New Priest in the order of melchizedek?

I have answered this somewhere in my previous post but not directly as you asked here.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2015
PastorKun:
And you read in your own bible that those that are not farmers should tithe of their own income too Does that not make you guilty of adding to scriptures which is a very serious sin?

All Israelite are to TITHE not separation of farmer from any group and beside Agriculture is the major occupation in those day.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by CANTICLES: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
Emusan:

That's why I first asked you whether you know the meaning of SABBATH but you couldn't say anything than to strike it.

I believe your wrong understand of SABBTH leads you to this.

So have you given your OWN TITHE for once?

I know you will come with another thing.

I have answered this somewhere in my previous post but not directly as you asked here.

ONCE AGAIN: Can you show us where christians and the gentile converts pay tithe to the NEW PRIEST in the order of Melchizedek
?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by PastorKun(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2015
Emusan:

All Israelite are to TITHE not separation of farmer from any group and beside Agriculture is the major occupation in those day.

Kindly quote the scripture that says "All Israelite are to TITHE" irrespective of there occupation. Your failure to do this would confirm that you are committing the grievous sin of adding to God's word.

Revelation 22:18-19King James Version (KJV)

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by brocab: 6:09am On Mar 20, 2015
Not really because you keep on bringing in the tithing messages-Tithing's finish, same with the sacrificing and the burnt offerings, but if you corrected yourself more clearly and said you Give-then your message will stand out the way the Lord had said in scriptures to Give..
Listen to Grandma..
Emusan:

@bold 1 & 2-Please try to read my last 2 post, I can't keep repeating myself again.

@bold 3-Jesus emphatically says they need to Tithe but they shouldn't forget doing the rest, do you understand it now?
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 8:04am On Mar 20, 2015
PastorKun:
Kindly quote the scripture that says "All Israelite are to TITHE" irrespective of there occupation. Your failure to do this would confirm that you are committing the grievous sin of adding to God's word.

The way you people reason at times baffles me a lot.

To you I have added to God's word, what if you who claimed that Tithe has been disannulled according to Hebrews 7?

Number 18:27 "Thus ye also shall offer a heave-offering unto Jehovah of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and thereof ye shall give Jehovah's heave-offering to Aaron the priest" ASV

It's now left for you to show us where collection of TITHE is only from selected group of people and let us see who is adding to God's word.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by PastorKun(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Emusan:

The way you people reason at times baffles me a lot.

To you I have added to God's word, what if you who claimed that Tithe has been disannulled according to Hebrews 7?

Number 18:27 "Thus ye also shall offer a heave-offering unto Jehovah of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and thereof ye shall give Jehovah's heave-offering to Aaron the priest" ASV

It's now left for you to show us where collection of TITHE is only from selected group of people and let us see who is adding to God's word.

The catch phrase was "irrespective of their profession". your failure to show us from scriptures that israelites that were not farmers were also ex0pected to tithes proves you are adding to the word and you need to repent.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by lahchi: 10:46am On Mar 20, 2015
I have got to understand that people read but Dont study... First of all, what is the purpose of the old testament to christians? It simply is written for examples for us Rom 15:4. Secondly was tithe a command to Christians or Israelites? Hebrew 7:5 It was a law to the Israelites. What were the routes to paying tithe? Deut. 14:22-29 talks about some principles of tithe making us understand that tithe was never money buh d livestocks, cashcrops etc. Was tithe paid to none priest? Certainly not for d levites who received d priesthood of God where commanded to recieve d tithe. Numbers 18:21-24 Did the levites pay tithe to priest? Never, they only pay tithe to God through offering. Numbers 18:25-32 Who are Christians with respect to the Israelites and tithes? in becoming a Christians we recieved the priesthood of God, 1 Peter 2:5; 9... we give only to God and not to man... tithe also is never a weekly or monthly but a yearly activity Deut 14:22 but giving to Christians is a weekly activity and its only done on d 1st day of the week. 1 Corinthians 16:1-2... Tithe was also a compulsory payment that's why the book of Malachi was written as chp 1:1 says: "The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi" for they paid tithe and rendered offering but nt according to God's principles, Christians give freely as one posses in his heart 2 Corinthians 9:6-8 I believe with this clear fact u don't take to the stubborness of the Israelites But accept d truth as d bible puts it...

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Koolking(m): 11:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Tithes, as practice today has been skewed in favour of a few heads of the church. It is obsolete and absolutely in disagreement with what is in the Bible. Giving and Charity should be paramount in our heart.

Christians fall for this cajolery out of their laziness to study the Bible with understanding from God.

A few Bible passages offer cautions.

Romans 16:18
For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

2Peter 2:3 Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; 3- and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Jude 1:16
These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

2 Corinthians 2:17
Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by CANTICLES: 12:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
PastorKun:

The catch phrase was "irrespective of their profession". your failure to show us from scriptures that israelites that were not farmers were also ex0pected to tithes proves you are adding to the word and you need to repent.

Pastorkun .... Keep on educating these guys, he wont have said all Isrealites Tithe IF HE has discovered that Poor Isrealites as many as they may exist ( Widows, Fatherless Boys) rather than give tithes ARE ACTUALLY BENEFITING FROM THE TITHING ARRANGEMENT ( Deu 26:13, 14: 28-29)
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
PastorKun:
The catch phrase was "irrespective of their profession". [size=14pt]your failure to show us from scriptures that israelites that were not farmers were also ex0pected to tithes[/size] proves you are adding to the word and you need to repent.

Then why can't you show us where only one profession was mentioned to tithe?...so that you can prove my point wrong.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by lahchi: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
Emusan:

Then why can't you show us where only one profession was mentioned to tithe?...so that you can prove my point wrong.
you just right words without checking the facts of what I wrote... tithe is given to levites who r d priest.. Christians are of d priesthood of God and so Christians are not to pay tithe but if u do it simply implies that u are an Israelites. remember tithe is a law and d law has been abolished thats why we are under the grace that Christ brought... its better u accept the truth and live in the truth... ignorance is nor an excuse for u knw nw... and also I dont knw kun... so don't have d preconceived notion that he taught me anything.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Emusan(m): 2:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
lahchi:

you just right words without checking the facts of what I wrote... tithe is given to levites who r d priest.. Christians are of d priesthood of God and so Christians are not to pay tithe but if u do it simply implies that u are an Israelites. remember tithe is a law and d law has been abolished thats why we are under the grace that Christ brought... its better u accept the truth and live in the truth... ignorance is nor an excuse for u knw nw... and also I dont knw kun... so don't have d preconceived notion that he taught me anything.

I have to recheck my previous post to be sure I quoted the right person and I found out that I actually quoted the right person.

Please check the person this post meant for.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by PastorKun(m): 10:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
Emusan:

Stop being deliberately and fraudulently ignorant. All the original tithes instructions in the bible made it crystal Clear that tithe was meant to be from agric produc0e. Leviticus 27:30, deut 14:22-29. Only fraudsters deliberately twist scripture. Are you one?
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by PastorKun(m): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2015
Emusan:

The tithes instructions were crystal clear, God demanded tithes of the produce of the land and of the increase in one's flock. Any other thing is committing the sin of adding to God's word.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Ovamboland(m): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
Emusan:

@bold-Likewise there is no valid statement from you in the New Covenant that against Tithe because initially I didn't explain your OP but only quote someone who claimed that Tithe has been cancelled.

The bolded part especially @underlined statement shows that you're not yet understood the point the writer of Hebrew was making.
Let me put it this way maybe you can grab it,

1) Tithe and burnt offering predated the establishment of Levitical priesthood.
2) Sacrifice for atonement of sins was FIRST established on Levitical priesthood.

You have to know the important of all these;
*Burnt offering was performed by people of old to seek God's face which is the ONLY way of drawing near to God and first performed by Noah Gen 8:20.
*Sacrifice for atonement of sins was met for FORGIVENESS of sins and first performed on the FIRST chosen PRIESTS Exo 29:14
*TITHE was not recorded concerning anything about man's IMPERFECTION rather God Himself claimed TITHE belong to Him not as a Burnt Offering for man to seek the face of God nor like Sacrifices for the forgiveness of sins BUT what is solely HOLY unto the Lord.

So it was those things that pertain unto man for entering the holy presence of God and forgiveness of sins which can't be attained through burnt offering and sacrifice for atonement THAT WAS IMPERFECT AND USELESS.

These two imperfections (Entering holy place of God with burnt offering and atonement for sins through sacrifice) were the major reason why Jesus came because God didn't want them or please with them. This was reinforced in Hebrew chapter 10:1-22

The old system under the law of Moses was only a shadow, a dim preview of the good things to come, not the good things themselves. The sacrifices under that system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship. 2 If they could have provided perfect cleansing, the sacrifices would have stopped, for the worshipers would have been purified once for all time, and their feelings of guilt would have disappeared. 3 But instead, those sacrifices actually reminded them of their sins year after year. 4 For it is not possible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. 5 That is why, when Christ came into the world, he said to God, “You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings. But you have given me a body to offer. 6 You were not pleased with burnt offerings or other offerings for sin. 7 Then I said, ‘Look, I have come to do your will, O God— as is written about me in the Scriptures.’” 8 First, Christ said, “You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them” [size=14pt](though they are required by the law of Moses).[/size] 9 Then he said, “Look, I have come to do your will.” [size=14pt]He cancels the first covenant in order to put the second into effect.[/size] 10 For God’s will was for us to be made holy by the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ, once for all time. 11 Under the old covenant, the priest stands and ministers before the altar day after day, offering the same sacrifices again and again, which can never take away sins. 12 But our High Priest offered himself to God as a single sacrifice for sins, good for all time..., 14 For by that one offering he forever made perfect those who are being made holy. 15 And the Holy Spirit also testifies that this is so. For he says, 16 “This is the new covenant I will make with my people on that day, says the Lord: I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” 17 Then he says, “I will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.” 18 And when sins have been forgiven, there is no need to offer any more sacrifices. 19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, [size=14pt]we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus.[/size] 20 By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. 21 And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, 22 let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. (Bold & underline mine) NLT

I believe I've provided my view here but you couldn't grab my point still, but what I see here is a mix up of point.

Like I said earlier when verse 12 says For when the priesthood is changed, there also has to be a change in the law does not mean THEIR TASKS IN THE OFFICE but the requirement of choosing PRIEST ONLY in the tribe of Levi this is the point the writer is bringing into light which you couldn't grab even when reading along with verse 13 "And our Lord [size=14pt]of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe of Judah and Moses did not mention his tribe when he spoke of priests.”[/size] (from the translation you used)

So it's the requirement of choosing ANOTHER TRIBE instead of that of LEVI that was CHANGE since the LAW ONLY permitted Levi tribe to be PRIEST.

Please I can't repeat myself anymore over this.

Thanks for your understand.

(Please don't mind my TYPO because I was in haze while replying your post and I couldn't reconcile verse 5 with other part)

If the only thing that was changed is the requirements and the tasks of the law remain, granted in the new testament circumcision and burnt offering were listed as no longer required but when did the other rules on mixed cropping, mixed fibers for clothes, eating pork and snail, how to stone rebellious children, how to handle rape cases, adultery, leprosy etc. change in the new covenant? Are we still bound by this laws till now as Christians?

Some people have been bandying about that tithing predates the law by Abraham's example but his own direct descendants never mentioned his example in their own version of tithing. So on what basis will a practice his own descendants never followed by binding on me?

In addition the Malachi 3:10 promise is based on Levithical tithing under the law, if you claim you are following Abrahamic tithing the Malachi blessing is not for you since no benefit was promised to Abraham before he gave 10% and kept no part of the 90% balance. If want to follow this strictly ensure you give 10% to your priest and give the 90% balance of your income to others once you pay your transport and feeding cost to earn the money.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by lahchi: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ovamboland:

If the only thing that was changed is the requirements and the tasks of the law remain, granted in the new testament circumcision and burnt offering were listed as no longer required but when did the other rules on mixed cropping, mixed fibers for clothes, eating pork and snail, how to stone rebellious children, how to handle rape cases, adultery, leprosy etc. change in the new covenant? Are we still bound by this laws till now as Christians?

Some people have been bandying about that tithing predates the law by Abraham's example but his own direct descendants never mentioned his example in their own version of tithing. So on what basis will a practice his own descendants never followed by binding on me?

In addition the Malachi 3:10 promise is based on Levithical tithing under the law, if you claim you are following Abrahamic tithing the Malachi blessing is not for you since no benefit was promised to Abraham before he gave 10% and kept no part of the 90% balance. If want to follow this strictly ensure you give 10% to your priest and give the 90% balance of your income to others once you pay your transport and feeding cost to earn the money.

funny enough tithing was never done wif money but crops n livestock even if dey had money(sheelings) den

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / SERMON JOTTERS: Mystery Of Divine Assistance {sunday Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya / Pastor Ubani Kingsley Divine Revelation Against MMM And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.