Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant (7214 Views)

Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment / See Why Tithing Is Never A Command To Be Observed In Churches (Proofs) / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by brocab: 11:49pm On Nov 09, 2017
Most pastors are of the street, or just out of prison, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is a means to financial gain, from thief, from drug's, to preachers, learning new Technic's how to make plenty of money without being investigated by the law.
Disbelieving preachers working for the man, preaching other doctrines running large Churches, not paying taxes, ripping of God under the constitution.
Legalism in Church have allowed criminals from all walks of life to teach unbiblical tithes and offerings that causes disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy strife, reviling evil suspicion.
{From such withdraw yourselves}
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Goshen360(m): 1:41am On Nov 10, 2017
NnaNna4:
Tithe and Offerings go together, so if there is offering in new testament, tithing is equally biblical for both old and new testament believers.

And who told you OFFERINGS in the new testament? Do you know what offerings mean? Show us scriptures where offerings is in the new testament.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by ichuka(m): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2017
Goshen360:

And who told you OFFERINGS in the new testament? Do you know what offerings mean? Show us scriptures where offerings is in the new testament.
Hi bro,
Maybe you have to break it down for the viewer mainly the meaning of offering,and what Christains are surprise to "give in thanks giving"

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Goshen360(m): 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2017
ichuka:

Hi bro,
Maybe you have to break it down for the viewer mainly the meaning of offering,and what Christains are surprise to "give in thanks giving"

Thanks brother.....you are one of those I should have met whenever I visit the motherland but I guess I should when I come home next.

Back to your quest.

Our brothers and sisters don't understand what offerings means....they "think" it's what the churches call it today as in giving money or donations during worship.... NO, IT IS NOT.....offering is what is meant in OLD TESTAMENT.....burnt offerings etc.....so Hebrews 10 vs 8 says,

First, Christ said, "You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them" (though they are required by the law of Moses).

So, when He was talking about offerings in Malachi....tithe and OFFERINGS.....he's not introducting anything NEW, he's talking about what he already commanded ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF MOSES.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by ichuka(m): 9:53pm On Nov 10, 2017
Goshen360:

Thanks brother.....you are one of those I should have met whenever I visit the motherland but I guess I should when I come home next.

Back to your quest.

Our brothers and sisters don't understand what offerings means....they "think" it's what the churches call it today as in giving money or donations during worship.... NO, IT IS NOT.....offering is what is meant in OLD TESTAMENT.....burnt offerings etc.....so Hebrews 10 vs 8 says,

First, Christ said, "You did not want animal sacrifices or sin offerings or burnt offerings or other offerings for sin, nor were you pleased with them" (though they are required by the law of Moses).

So, when He was talking about offerings in Malachi....tithe and OFFERINGS.....he's not introducting anything NEW, he's talking about what he already commanded ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF MOSES.
True bro
Most don't know the difference between the Old and the New,Between Grace and Law(what has been accomplish and how to stand on the ground of Victory).why? They don't study the word objectively.
And some MOGs ant helping issues.
Just pm me when u are about to come.
Dboy has my contacts though we haven't met.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by Goshen360(m): 12:11am On Nov 11, 2017
ichuka:

True bro
Most don't know the difference between the Old and the New,Between Grace and Law(what has been accomplish and how to stand on the ground of Victory).why? They don't study the word objectively.
And some MOGs ant helping issues.
Just pm me when u are about to come.
Dboy has my contacts though we haven't met.

I sure will definitely PM you. We have a fight and war within the body of Christ, it's not a war with guns and a munitions, it's a spiritual war and a war between darkness and light.....don't forget Paul warns after his departure, evil men will crept into the church....etc. Let's continue the fight!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by brocab: 2:15am On Nov 11, 2017
{Galatians 2:21, 3:10, 5:4} Tithers believe righteousness comes through the law, and Christ died in vain.
And we know, for many as are of the works of the law are cursed; for it is written "Cursed is everybody who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law.
Tithers believe that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the gentiles in Jesus Christ through tithing.
Is the law then against the promises of God certainly not" For if their had been a law given which could have given life, true righteousness would have been given by the law.
But the scripture had confined all under sin, that the promise by Jesus Christ might be giving to those who believe, But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed.
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we must be justified by faith. "But after faith had come we are no longer under a tutor.
Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing, "And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the hole law, {Tithers} you have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law, {Tithers} you have fallen from Grace.
These are the scriptures Pastors refuse to preach to their flocks..
I was speaking with a Pastor the other day about tithing, he agreed with the Word of God, he was taught to tithe, and the Church he pastors for expects him to tithe and preach tithing, he said: he understood, because his heart never felt to tithe, but with his mind, he believes tithing is biblical through the Church to preach to the believers, tithing helps the people to give..
To be honest he doesn't know God, nor does God know him, if he knew God, as he say's he does, if he had listened to Paul, he would know tithing-he had estranged himself from Christ, and he attempted himself to be justified by law, and he had already falling from grace.
God does not send Pastors to tithe nor preach tithing, Pastors the lord said REPENT! Church REPENT ask the Lord for your forgiveness, and turn from your foolish ways, Pastors that spend all their time on sermons such as these, and tithers who don't study the Word of God-don't know God, nor does God know you.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by NnaNna4(m): 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2018
Goshen360:

The widows mite Mark 12:41-44 Luke 21:2

Mark 12:42 ►

And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
Re: Reasons Why Tithing Is Irrelevant Under The New Covenant by brocab: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2018
The poor widow was devoured by the pharisees, and the Pharisees today are not much better!
{Matthew 23} Shows us the disagreements Christ had with the Pharisees, the poor widow was deceived by the temple Pharisees, she believed a lie, if she'd put in "all" that she had, she would be blessed more abundantly, then those who only pay 10%.
Now back in those day's the widows were desperate, and they would do anything to make ends meat-Just like the Pharisees, they were desperate for cash..'As we can see, this story is actually operating into today's prosperity preachers.
When we look at this today, it's quite the same, this time it is the Pastors who lay on the guilt, and shame upon the people, to pay into the treasury of the Church, Pastor men of corrupted minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is their means for Financial gain.
The widow story is no different in today's story, matter of fact it is a warning, about the leadership..
NnaNna4:

The widows mite Mark 12:41-44 Luke 21:2

Mark 12:42 ►

And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / SERMON JOTTERS: Mystery Of Divine Assistance {sunday Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya / Pastor Ubani Kingsley Divine Revelation Against MMM And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.