Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages (19513 Views)

Hot: How To Activate 20GB Free For 20naira On Mtn / Open Letter To Ncc On Mtn Zone Tariff Plan / Open Letter To NCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Stunner1(f): 1:15am On Mar 11, 2015
angry angry
Mtn ndi ojo
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:16am On Mar 11, 2015
I think Goodluck jonathan should talk to them but some clueless fellow of this president will say it is non of his business but I could remembered OBJ interfered in some matter relating to MTN deducting people credit anyhow, and they did give people compensation, he even interfered in there poor network and warned them of penalty charges.

Jonathan just kept quit all this days, maybe they have bribe him anyway, because the useless sms tin is getting out of hand. Me self don fed up. .. the change will come very soon
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Stunner1(f): 1:17am On Mar 11, 2015
b0rn2fuck:

booking things cheesy
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by isentropic(m): 1:19am On Mar 11, 2015
This is becoming too much of these network providers.NCC needs to do their work.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by lekki2004(m): 1:20am On Mar 11, 2015
I begin to wonder when this has to stop. Just last week, I had a balance of #500 on my phone. I began to receive the ffg mssg daily without entering or subscribing for any of the product:
04/03/2015 "Your last session was 0 KB, total cost of last session was 0.00 and new account balance is 500.00."
05/03/2015 03:34 "Your last session was 0 KB, total cost of last session was 0.00 and new account balance is 400.00."
05/03/2015 08:49 "Your last session was 0 KB, total cost of last session was 0.00 and new account balance is 350.00."
05/03/2015 13:46 "Your last session was 0 KB, total cost of last session was 0.00 and new account balance is 250.00."
06/03/2015 12:26 "Your last session was 0 KB, total cost of last session was 0.00 and new account balance is 150.00."
When I logged the complain via their twitter handle @MTN180, all I could get as response is this:
"Dear Subscriber, Your request with reference number MTN1-29585773389 has been resolved. Thank you for choosing MTN."

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Domaro: 1:20am On Mar 11, 2015
just imagine this, i will soon sue this shit heads

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by noblestan: 1:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Am I the only one that thinks this should be a matter of national emergency? At this moment, I have over 130 unread messages on my phone after deleting so many others. I have on several occasions missed important urgent messages just because I am tired reading my SMSs.
We have to do something very serious to drive NCC and MTN to their senses!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:22am On Mar 11, 2015
Stunner1:

booking things cheesy
stop giving me green light, I will not chase any girl on nairaland. I have given up
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bobo65(m): 1:33am On Mar 11, 2015
With d kind of important issues that are everywhere do u think gsm text msg will b a priority at dis time
Make una free Jonathan abeg
after he wins election he will rectify all these

b0rn2fuck:
I think Goodluck jonathan should talk to them but some clueless fellow of this president will say it is non of his business but I could remembered OBJ interfered in some matter relating to MTN deducting people credit anyhow, and they did give people compensation, he even interfered in there poor network and warned them of penalty charges.

Jonathan just kept quit all this days, maybe they have bribe him anyway, because the useless sms tin is getting out of hand. Me self don fed up. .. the change will come very soon

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Stunner1(f): 1:34am On Mar 11, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
stop giving me green light, I will not chase any girl on nairaland. I have given up

undecided undecided undecided This one is delusional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bobo65(m): 1:35am On Mar 11, 2015
Domaro:
just imagine this, i will soon sue this shit heads

.lol
guy
ur own fit no b mtn o
anyways I heard someone hacked into mtn database and stole wide range of numbers for this spam msgs
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:41am On Mar 11, 2015
Stunner1:

undecided undecided undecided This one is delusional
I photocopied U! I don't reply to girl with no pic. Sorry
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:43am On Mar 11, 2015
They even sent one to me in yoruba language, I don't even bother to click and I'm tired of deleting

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 1:45am On Mar 11, 2015
Only MTN you will activate BIS on MONDAY and the service will come up on WEDNESDAY....

I have DECIDED..for every money that I loose because of MTN..one of their mast is fuvcking going down...am gonna burn one of their MAST....

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Stunner1(f): 1:48am On Mar 11, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
I photocopied U! I don't reply to girl with no pic. Sorry

Lmaooooo this one is thirsty oh
He wants to see pic

OK that's my pic undecided

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by alwaysbest(f): 1:50am On Mar 11, 2015
The one that pains me much is, when you are expecting deposit alert, that is wen the useless msg pops in.

Have cald Mtn care several time and nothing useful came out of it. Mtn we beg oooooo....

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Ithee(m): 1:50am On Mar 11, 2015
machidoh:
Dear NCC,

Please take action on MTN. I can no longer stand
my inbox, no thanks to them. This madness has
been going on for a couple of months but it
reached its crescendo mid-last month.

I feel these messages are a form of punishment to
me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
the customer service guy cuts me off with ‘Thank
you for calling maam’.

These messages sometimes comes in form of flash
messages, meaning, if I carelessly touch my screen,
ME and MY CREDIT ARE FINISHED FOR LIFE!

How can they ask a grown up like me to
text indomie to 5030 to know the colour of
indomie pack. Are they mad or stupid?

I should text YES to 5038 if I am tired of being
broke. Do they know who my father is?

I should text IQ for daily riddles. Don’t I have better
daily problems to solve?

All these messages costs N50 naira. Are they that
desperate?

This is coming at a time I have four creditors. I’m on
the verge of hypertension each time my inbox
blinks. Rather than get credit alerts, here is what I
received.

This is how it all began! I receive four spam
messages within three hours. A summary of my
inbox that week.

I sms stop to opt out. Lai lai dem no gree. They
replied me with the same spam!

Finally, I became humble. I had to plead with them
but my pleas fell on deaf ears reason I had to make
this public.

I also want to us this opportunity to make three
facts clear to MTN.

1. I will never ever buy any callertunez! The sooner
they stop telling me to text 33112 to 4100 to
receive olodo girl (WTH does that mean anyway) as
callertunez, the better for them.

2. I have and will never be ill. Stop insulting me by
asking ‘Are you tired of getting ill?’ Have some
F***ING RESPECT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER!

3. They send me messages as early as 4am. Are
these people witches or wizards?

These messages would have been understandable
if I won my phone from them.

I am honestly tired of being victimised. Looking at
the dates of the messages, this letter is long
overdue. When I attempted to write last week, they
doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was
withdrawn from my phone at midnight.

Please NCC, don’t advise me to port to another
network. For some weird reasons I’m stuck with
them that’s why I need this change.

I have been tolerating MTN for 9 years.

I have been an Arsenal fan for 9 years.

I have been banking with ECOBank for 9 years.
PHCN has been my sole provider of power supply.
(Generator spoilt 9 years ago)

I have been single for 9 years.

Do you guys feel the pain of a Nigerian girl?
NCC, please do something!

My email address is machidoh@gmail.com
should MTN need my three MTN phone numbers to
effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com
my dear! Download call blacklist from your app store to stop the sh*t
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:50am On Mar 11, 2015
[i][/i]
Stunner1:

Lmaooooo this one is thirsty oh
He wants to see pic

OK that's my pic undecided
I am not here for war but peace,if you want to know me better, ask mobuch or seun because na u go tired. But one love.. PEACE
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bobo65(m): 2:00am On Mar 11, 2015
kevinberry:
Only MTN you will activate BIS on MONDAY and the service will come up on WEDNESDAY....

I have DECIDED..for every money that I loose because of MTN..one of their mast is fuvcking going down...am gonna burn one of their MAST....

Hahahaha
u must be a real warri guy
boys no get joy again ooo
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by absilk(m): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Its quite simple. Your destiny is not tied to that sim, u been around before mtn came. So tis is my advise to u, break d sim n u'll better off for it. Nobody shld go thru tis kinda trauma. Blv me all ur contacts will come if u worth anythg to em. Plus they nt d only ntwork around. I recommend airtel. Gdluck.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by NFFLAWS(m): 2:21am On Mar 11, 2015
gbengaoa:
this is not just MTN. its a vas broadcast and it comes from all gsm networks in nigeria. i receive from glo and etisalat too so lets not direct this to MTN alone.
the person is telling NCC wat is bodering her and u r here calling other network. SMH

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by profolateju: 2:32am On Mar 11, 2015
You seem frustrated about receiving unnecessary alerts on your from your network provider yet you still get stuck to patronising them. You have 3 other options if truly you are frustrated with their service. The bottom line is Switch Network, no be by force to use MTN.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by desmondblaze(m): 3:16am On Mar 11, 2015
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Ikaosunwon(m): 3:21am On Mar 11, 2015
MTN?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by gabinogem(m): 3:35am On Mar 11, 2015
it is really frustrating the rate at which these networks advertise these days. I'm just tired of it. I hope it will end soon. Where is NCC when u need them most!?
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 4:21am On Mar 11, 2015
KoloOyinbo:
It was worse for me. I am an Oyinbo from Belfast in the Uk/Ireland. I resumed travelling back and forth to Naija in October after a break from travel. I got a MTN sim for my dual sim phone.

Every time I leave Naija I like to put say 500n on my phone so that when I return and land at MM1 I can call the driver and contact my friends without having to change money and look for credit!

They did not charge me for SMS messages while in Naija so I left the SIM card in. THEY DO CHARGE FOR THEM WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF NAIJA! AND AT EXPENSIVE 'ROAMING RATES'. I did not know and when I returned my 500n was down to about 8! Just enough to flash my fiancée so she could call me and then send me credit!

What a scam!

Needless to say the card is now removed on departure just after 'wheels up'!

undecided
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by arimahoseloka(m): 4:49am On Mar 11, 2015
you asked are they really that desperate? ans: yes, they are very very desperate and greedy. funny thing u must know is that they don't fvcking care.
those messages u see come from partnering business people. and they pay Mtn and the rest for their services. their intention is to make money of u.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Reference(m): 5:03am On Mar 11, 2015
Hahaha. MTN, Ecobank, Arsenal & Discos. That wicked tag team is guaranteed to knock ten years off your lifespan. And as for the single thing hmmm, not surprising. You may have accidentally dumped his memos with the other garbage, perhaps often unreachable thanks to your disco and when you should be making up at the weekend a certain football club almost always makes you an anti-social grouch. For Ecobank what can I say..,just plain dysfunction. Was there late last week to assist someone pay in cash and once again as again and again 'network', some network, the network, networking, almighty network was..,not working.... Abeg help me ask them to borrow some MTN idle time or should I say excess capacity.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Just contact your major contact and move to another mobile network. I have left MTN long ago. NCC will not do anything because this where they make their money.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Warlord3000(m): 5:26am On Mar 11, 2015
MTNPLAY... Wan kill me oo... In fact this people Don turn person to phone messages garbage cleaner...
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ckc(m): 5:28am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:
Simple: Vote the incompetent leader out, for CHANGE is now inevitable!

-CramJones
Pls can u people shut up on this change trash for once? What is it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Flood In Egan-Igando, Lagos / Funny Stunts Drunkards Pull! / Woman Creates Jewelry From Her Breast Milk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.