Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages (19539 Views)

Hot: How To Activate 20GB Free For 20naira On Mtn / Open Letter To Ncc On Mtn Zone Tariff Plan / Open Letter To NCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by adahgold(m): 7:13am On Mar 11, 2015
I don't even no wat to say,I called dose fools sometimes last week about this useless SMS,dey quickly sent me a message saying dey have rectify d problem no knowing I just signed a deal of SMS,now the SMS I receive now is worst. Mtn what have I done to u guys...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by lokito: 7:16am On Mar 11, 2015
MTN and DSTV. Greedy south africans

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 11, 2015
Same thing applies to glo, the people use different glo numbers to call me and when I pick na song they go they sing they talk rubbish. Like seriously they need to stop. Funny I save any number they use in calling so next time the phone rings with that particular number, I won't pick but for were, they always use different numbers.

Winchy Winchy people.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Koroaso: 7:29am On Mar 11, 2015
DesChyko:

Must you politicize every goddamn thing you fool?
Do you have these thoughts in your mind when you eat the food the government made available to you as well (since Nigeria is now totalitarian.)?
A person is trying to be blend comedy and reality in perfect artistry and instead of marvel at the beauty and skill, the best you can see is corruption, you poilitical he-goat! angry

*******NIGERIA SHALL BE GREAT AGAIN DEVOID OF NEPOTISTIC PSYCHOPHANTS*******

*******THANKS FOR THE CURSE********

*********MAY YOUR VOTES SET YOU FREE*******

GMB/PYO
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Josco24685(m): 7:31am On Mar 11, 2015
it the rightful tym we blast all dis network providers. more dan 20 sms ws sent 2 me by dat gud 4 nuffin MTN within a minute.....
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Koroaso: 7:31am On Mar 11, 2015
DesChyko:

Must you politicize every goddamn thing you fool?
Do you have these thoughts in your mind when you eat the food the government made available to you as well (since Nigeria is now totalitarian.)?
A person is trying to be blend comedy and reality in perfect artistry and instead of marvel at the beauty and skill, the best you can see is corruption, you poilitical he-goat! angry

*******EVEN IF YOU ARE CRYING..YOU CAN STILL SEE********

*******IF YOU CANT SEE THE PROBLEM,THE SOLUTION WILL PASS YOU BY*******

GMB/PYO
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Psuedy(f): 7:37am On Mar 11, 2015
And once u subscribe,to unsubscribe na anoda war...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by AdimGreat(f): 7:40am On Mar 11, 2015
All those messages are not really from MTN. I found out about this after I installed True Caller app on my phone. I got such message from 33128 and True Caller identified the sender as one Anunobi Valentine Peterson. The app also identified him on Facebook with the same name.
So, it's not all the time they come from MTN or other service providers.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Misogynist2014(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2015
Ishilove:
That awkward moment when your phone beeps and you rush to it thinking a bank credit alert has entered, or even better, a job interview with chevron has finally been sent to you... You quickly open and see "Talk for FREE for more than 10mins this weekend when you recharge N100 & above. Simply recharge with *888*12 Digit PIN#! Valid till 11.59pm on Sunday"

cry undecided :-| angry
The fact is that customers should be paid for inconvenience and because it serves as a medium for information dispensation. Apart from messages, they also dial your phone with centre numbers and numbers that should normally be for phone calls. They also subscribe automatically for you e.g callertunez. They also, if using mtn pulse, leave your mb and go after your credit, never notify you when your mb is finished and go straight to your credit. When you live in a dysfunctional society, corporate thieve are never hard to find.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by haibe(m): 7:52am On Mar 11, 2015
I have used true caller to block almost all their code numbers. They are so damn annoying with the messages they send
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by TI1919(m): 7:57am On Mar 11, 2015
The truth is that if I am in the position I will send mtn home longtime ago.

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 11, 2015
gbengaoa:
this is not just MTN. its a vas broadcast and it comes from all gsm networks in nigeria. i receive from glo and etisalat too so lets not direct this to MTN alone.
mtn Is d worst of dm all.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Revolva(m): 8:05am On Mar 11, 2015
grin grin grin infact mee too don tire for dem spam messages especially the one of calls....some strange number i
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by shepherdnoble: 8:05am On Mar 11, 2015
Mtn bu ndi ochi azuru azu nkeoma!
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by soldierdollar(m): 8:12am On Mar 11, 2015
KoloOyinbo:
It was worse for me. I am an Oyinbo from Belfast in the Uk/Ireland. I resumed travelling back and forth to Naija in October after a break from travel. I got a MTN sim for my dual sim phone.

Every time I leave Naija I like to put say 500n on my phone so that when I return and land at MM1 I can call the driver and contact my friends without having to change money and look for credit!

They did not charge me for SMS messages while in Naija so I left the SIM card in. THEY DO CHARGE FOR THEM WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF NAIJA! AND AT EXPENSIVE 'ROAMING RATES'. I did not know and when I returned my 500n was down to about 8! Just enough to flash my fiancée so she could call me and then send me credit!

What a scam!

Needless to say the card is now removed on departure just after 'wheels up'!

It's either you're not an oyinbo , or you did not grow up in oyinbo land . If this is how oyinbos write English , I'd rather studied in naija . angry
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2015
machidoh:
Dear NCC,

Please take action on MTN. I can no longer stand
my inbox, no thanks to them. This madness has
been going on for a couple of months but it
reached its crescendo mid-last month.

I feel these messages are a form of punishment to
me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
the customer service guy cuts me off with ‘Thank
you for calling maam’.

These messages sometimes comes in form of flash
messages, meaning, if I carelessly touch my screen,
ME and MY CREDIT ARE FINISHED FOR LIFE!

How can they ask a grown up like me to
text indomie to 5030 to know the colour of
indomie pack. Are they mad or stupid?

I should text YES to 5038 if I am tired of being
broke. Do they know who my father is?

I should text IQ for daily riddles. Don’t I have better
daily problems to solve?

All these messages costs N50 naira. Are they that
desperate?

This is coming at a time I have four creditors. I’m on
the verge of hypertension each time my inbox
blinks. Rather than get credit alerts, here is what I
received.

This is how it all began! I receive four spam
messages within three hours. A summary of my
inbox that week.

I sms stop to opt out. Lai lai dem no gree. They
replied me with the same spam!

Finally, I became humble. I had to plead with them
but my pleas fell on deaf ears reason I had to make
this public.

I also want to us this opportunity to make three
facts clear to MTN.

1. I will never ever buy any callertunez! The sooner
they stop telling me to text 33112 to 4100 to
receive olodo girl (WTH does that mean anyway) as
callertunez, the better for them.

2. I have and will never be ill. Stop insulting me by
asking ‘Are you tired of getting ill?’ Have some
F***ING RESPECT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER!

3. They send me messages as early as 4am. Are
these people witches or wizards?

These messages would have been understandable
if I won my phone from them.

I am honestly tired of being victimised. Looking at
the dates of the messages, this letter is long
overdue. When I attempted to write last week, they
doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was
withdrawn from my phone at midnight.

Please NCC, don’t advise me to port to another
network. For some weird reasons I’m stuck with
them that’s why I need this change.

I have been tolerating MTN for 9 years.

I have been an Arsenal fan for 9 years.

I have been banking with ECOBank for 9 years.
PHCN has been my sole provider of power supply.
(Generator spoilt 9 years ago)

I have been single for 9 years.

Do you guys feel the pain of a Nigerian girl?
NCC, please do something!

My email address is machidoh@gmail.com
should MTN need my three MTN phone numbers to
effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com

My dear you have written constructive about this GSM PROVIDERS SPARM MESSAGING.
My experience: since I started using iPhone 4, now using 5s, I don't complain about the sparm text massages again. Once they come in I would block the number, hence no call or messages from them (it's an option on iPhones). That worked for me

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by olisaEze(m): 8:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Koroaso:
********IN A COUNTRY THAT WORKS********

*******THERE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ADEQUATE REGULATION OF GSM**********

*******EVEN THIS RECHARGE CARD BUSINESS IS SO OUTDATED********

*******THESE GSM COMPANIES ARE MILKING NIGERIANS EVERYDAY********

*******THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE WORLD WITH GSM AS EXPENSIVE AS NIGERIA**********

*******THERE IS A HOUSE COMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUT GUESS WHAT,ONCE THEY POCKET THEIR "PAYMENT" NIGERIANS BEAR THE BRUNT***********

*******WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM A SENATE WITH A LEADER WHO SAID GSM IS NOT FOR POOR PEOPLE********

*******VOTE OUT CORRUPTION*********

GMB/PYO
. What does this lady's complaint have to do with politics nw? And when did Sen. David Mark issue that statement? Na wa 4u Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoO! And FYI the NCC has been doing an admirable job of acting on the public's complaints against telecom companies. Bear in mind that these companies r not owned by santa klaus,hence d radical marketing to continually meet targets and profit margins. Pls lets nt politicize everything, GEJ or GMB these r jst men and nt messiahs. Ure ur own saviour if u want 2leave poverty behind!
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 11, 2015
I no longer receive all these messages like b4, all I did was to send STOP to 33111, they will reply that you Will be removed from their promotional database in 24hrs.....thank me later
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:23am On Mar 11, 2015
ibietela2:

Fool....... Go and protest in front of their office and stop involving the president in everything. That is why those ministries are setup
am I protesting infront of your own nairaland office? Why on earth you want to kill yourself, I voted goodluck jonathan and not the ministers, he appointed the ministers. Who am I to blame? The one I hired to rule this country or the hired one, who stand as hirer to hire another person to work with him? Speak with your brain and not your anus, this time, even if I'm dead, I wouldn't press this finger for him again, if I could reverse the hand of time, I will cut off the finger that I used to vote him then. If his ministers are not competent, sack them. We hired jonathan and not his ministers. Simply in oshimole voice again" go and ddie" you fool

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 11, 2015
gbengaoa:
this is not just MTN. its a vas broadcast and it comes from all gsm networks in nigeria. i receive from glo and etisalat too so lets not direct this to MTN alone.

Abegi... That's not true.

I have used glo for more than 7 years with mtn.

Glo has never subscribed me for anything without my knowledge but mtn is a big theif. I do not support chelsea or whatever but guess what, mtb subscribed me for Chelsea updates and deducted 50 naira weekly since January for something I never subscribed for.

I was just able to unsuscribe yesterday after numerous attempts. And this is not the first time it's happening. If it is not Chelsea it is suscribing people to bbc news.

I am an advanced phone user and never clicked yes or shit to their garbage sms numbers or calls.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. MTN IS A BIG THIEF.

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by cherriex(f): 8:51am On Mar 11, 2015
One of these days I will sue mtn for uncalled msgs and for
Airtel their case is special,cos they make me miss real calls,
These days they don't even call with special numbers again,
And imagine a network calling u like four times a day,I thot I was
Singled out for this torture.its just too annoying.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Koroaso: 8:52am On Mar 11, 2015
olisaEze:
. What does this lady's complaint have to do with politics nw? And when did Sen. David Mark issue that statement? Na wa 4u Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoO! And FYI the NCC has been doing an admirable job of acting on the public's complaints against telecom companies. Bear in mind that these companies r not owned by santa klaus,hence d radical marketing to continually meet targets and profit margins. Pls lets nt politicize everything, GEJ or GMB these r jst men and nt messiahs. Ure ur own saviour if u want 2leave poverty behind!

*****THE WHOLE COUNTRY NEEDS AN OVERHAUL******
******THE IS POLITICS IN EVERYTHING******
******THIS IS NOT ABOUT POVERTY******
******ITS ABOUT HAVING THOSE THAT WILL LOOK OUT FOR THE WEAK AND POOR********
*****I AM NOT POOR,I AM VOCAL....AND FEW PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE RICH....I AM NOT TALKING STOLEN WEALTH,MONEY MEANT TO BUILD HOSPITALS AND REFINERIES THEN ONE MAN STEALS IT AND HE SAYS ITS NOT CORRUPTION******

GMB/PYO
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by coldsummer: 8:54am On Mar 11, 2015
oh you get those calls too? omg and i thought i was alone.

i don't have issues with mtn's messages. each time those numbers text me, i block them straight.

stinggy:
You can't be as pissed as I am presently.
If it's not silly texts from MTN then it is those needless calls from glo, using real phone numbers (daytime and at night angry). Infact I feel I'm been singled out for such treatment embarassed cry

shocked Beht Y sad angry
grin grin

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by tivta(m): 8:58am On Mar 11, 2015
Its good to have connections cause it seems like that is the only way to stop this menace. I have a friend who has a friend that works at mtn and ever since I told him to give his friend my number and stop mtn from sending texts to my phone, the volume of texts I receive from mtn has reduced to the bearest minimum, infact most often than not I have to pick my phone up to check if I still have network service cause the silence is really GOLDEN. This is week 3, I hope it lasts forever. Who knows I might start leaving my phone on 24hrs a day now. My advice is go to their head office and raise hell, then and only then will they listen to you(or your follow my route).
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 11, 2015
Warlord3000:
MTNPLAY... Wan kill me oo... In fact this people Don turn person to phone messages garbage cleaner...

To unsuscribe from that trash called mtn play.

Whatever the services you have subscribed for whether
willingly or unwillingly, knowingly or unknowingly, you
should follow this simple procedures below and i pray it
will be the end of your frustrations.

1. Using the SIM which you have been subscribed for
MTN Play services, go to your browser and visit:
wap.mtnonlineplay.com

2. In their homepage, you will see options in the menu
bar; Home, sports, and My MTN Play. You should select "My MTN Play".

3. In the submenu there will be three options too, click
on 'my subscriptions'. It will display the current services
which you are subscribed to.

4. Then click on the service(s) whether CNN news, sahara news, sport news, Local news etc.

5. Finally, it will display how to unsubscribe.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by oyin01(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2015
machidoh:
Dear NCC,

me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
you for calling maam’.

daily problems to solve?

desperate?

received.

inbox that week.

this public.

facts clear to MTN.

doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was

effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com
You write intelligently. I like your construction, creativity and use of words...
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by oyin01(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2015
machidoh:
Dear NCC,

you for calling maam’.

daily problems to solve?

desperate?

received.

inbox that week.

this public.

facts clear to MTN.

effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com
You write intelligently. I like your construction, creativity and use of words... I will talk to my friends in MTN about you... Send me your number
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ibietela2(m): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
am I protesting infront of your own nairaland office? Why on earth you want to kill yourself, I voted goodluck jonathan and not the ministers, he appointed the ministers. Who am I to blame? The one I hired to rule this country or the hired one, who stand as hirer to hire another person to work with him? Speak with your brain and not your anus, this time, even if I'm dead, I wouldn't press this finger for him again, if I could reverse the hand of time, I will cut off the finger that I used to vote him then. If his ministers are not competent, sack them. We hired jonathan and not his ministers. Simply in oshimole voice again" go and ddie" you fool

Fool you sound pained
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by stinggy(m): 9:47am On Mar 11, 2015
coldsummer:
oh you get those calls too? omg and i thought i was alone.

i don't have issues with mtn's messages. each time those numbers text me, i block them straight.

You're not alone sir. The frequency is so high that I almost know the 2 nos they call me with off-hand now tongue
Looking for a way to block them.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by BonaVIta(m): 9:50am On Mar 11, 2015
I know one of the fears of some network subscribers in Nigeria is that if they move to a new network service, people with their former network's contact number will be lost or its almost impossible to start calling them and give them their new contact.

Well that was before, simply move to another network office near you that is less aggressive, maybe glo.

Just tell them you want to port to glo, they will gladly give you a new sim and customise that your former contact number for you free of charge.

Just dump those ingrates to a new network services while still maintaining your main phone number.

I dumped MTN for GLO more than 16 months ago, and I'm still happy I did that.

No NEED to SCREAM DEAR, when more than HALF of their SUBSCRIBERS or should I say *PRISONNERS* PORT to another network, they will learn that it may take effort to get to the top but attitude to maintain the position.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by teemy(m): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2015
SPAM: unsolicited commercial messages. in advanced countries establishments that do send such end up paying hefty fines per message. even standard messages have unsub links in them. the NCC and the Consumer Protection Commission are oversight bodies.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by lordthree(m): 10:00am On Mar 11, 2015
bobo65:
With d kind of important issues that are everywhere do u think gsm text msg will b a priority at dis time
Make una free Jonathan abeg
after he wins election he will rectify all these

but this sms thing didn't just start this year it has been going on for years, why didn't Jonathan rectify it, he had years to do it, it wouldn't take much of his time. lets call a spade a spade, Jonathan has failed in so many aspects

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Creates Jewelry From Her Breast Milk / What Is That Habbit/character You Did As A Child But Still Do Now You Are Grown / Funny Stunts Drunkards Pull!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.