Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages (19538 Views)

Hot: How To Activate 20GB Free For 20naira On Mtn / Open Letter To Ncc On Mtn Zone Tariff Plan / Open Letter To NCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:
Simple: Vote the incompetent leader out, for CHANGE is now inevitable!

-CramJones

Where U dey since?? Ur ban don finish?
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ibietela2(m): 5:55am On Mar 11, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
I think Goodluck jonathan should talk to them but some clueless fellow of this president will say it is non of his business but I could remembered OBJ interfered in some matter relating to MTN deducting people credit anyhow, and they did give people compensation, he even interfered in there poor network and warned them of penalty charges.

Jonathan just kept quit all this days, maybe they have bribe him anyway, because the useless sms tin is getting out of hand. Me self don fed up. .. the change will come very soon

Fool are there no ministry in charge of these things? You want the president to be everywhere doing everything himself?

Take your political talk outta here. All Networks in Nigeria are guilty
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ibietela2(m): 5:57am On Mar 11, 2015
noblestan:
Am I the only one that thinks this should be a matter of national emergency? At this moment, I have over 130 unread messages on my phone after deleting so many others. I have on several occasions missed important urgent messages just because I am tired reading my SMSs.
We have to do something very serious to drive NCC and MT, GLO, AIRTEL, ETISALAT to their senses!

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by omogin(f): 6:00am On Mar 11, 2015
Ncc sold out. Someone there is seriously been paid to allow for the brazen rape on customers. I miss the ncc under Ndukwe. GEJ cannot be in every office. Efcc go check out ncc.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ibietela2(m): 6:01am On Mar 11, 2015
profolateju:
You seem frustrated about receiving unnecessary alerts on your from your network provider yet you still get stuck to patronising them. You have 3 other options if truly you are frustrated with their service. The bottom line is Switch Network, no be by force to use MTN.

All network are guilty

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 6:03am On Mar 11, 2015
ibietela2:

Fool are there no ministry in charge of these things? You want the president to be everywhere doing everything himself?

Take your political talk outta here. All Networks in Nigeria are guilty
your the greatest fool on planet. Must you mentioned fool before you comments.

If the ministry failed to address, the president is blind too? I have chosen OBJ as example. In Oshimole voice, ssimple" go and die"

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by megaik: 6:06am On Mar 11, 2015
Koroaso:
********IN A COUNTRY THAT WORKS********

*******THERE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ADEQUATE REGULATION OF GSM**********

*******EVEN THIS RECHARGE CARD BUSINESS IS SO OUTDATED********

*******THESE GSM COMPANIES ARE MILKING NIGERIANS EVERYDAY********

*******THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE WORLD WITH GSM AS EXPENSIVE AS NIGERIA**********

*******THERE IS A HOUSE COMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUT GUESS WHAT,ONCE THEY POCKET THEIR "PAYMENT" NIGERIANS BEAR THE BRUNT***********

*******WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM A SENATE WITH A LEADER WHO SAID GSM IS NOT FOR POOR PEOPLE********

*******VOTE OUT CORRUPTION*********

GMB/PYO

Thanks for the info op.
IN ANOTHER NEWS....
1. Sahara Reporters insult the President
everyday(no problem).
2. Premium Times enjoy giving false
information about the President(no problem)
3. The nation newspaper indict the president
daily(no problem)
4. Other APC media quarters write and say
nonsense about the president dialy(no
problem).
Then,
1. NTA transmitted documentary on Buhari
( NTA jos catches fire)
2. AIT transmitted documentary on Buhari and
Tinubu(AIT lagos catches fire).
Now, you know who the real terrorists are...
Nigerian's beware. A party that campaigns by
deception, propaganda and violence will rule by
that same deception, propaganda and violence.
VOTE WISELY
GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by ibietela2(m): 6:11am On Mar 11, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
your the greatest fool on planet. Must you mentioned fool before you comments.

If the ministry failed to address, the president is blind too? I have chosen OBJ as example. In Oshimole voice, ssimple" go and die"

Fool....... Go and protest in front of their office and stop involving the president in everything. That is why those ministries are setup
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by fairygeh(f): 6:19am On Mar 11, 2015
Honestly,MTN is simply annoying,imagine,the last phone I used,i had like 300 messages from all this 5030,4040 etc.numbers,i was too lazy to be deleting them to the extent that when real,important messages come in,there would be no space.
When I changed that phone, and gave that phone out I heaved a sigh of relief. the new one I am using,i make it a point of duty to delete those messages the moment they come in. failure to do that,hmmm,at least I get a minimum of 10-12 messages a day from all those s1lly numbers
The problem with glo is the real numbers they call with,thank God i don master all those numbers and put them on Auto reject on my phone.Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by mcdokwe(m): 6:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Aunty port o, even though MTN keeps sending me messages, it is a lil more bearable than when I was with them
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 11, 2015
cramjones:
Simple: Vote the incompetent leader out, for CHANGE is now inevitable!

-CramJones

FFK you never quit amazing me. cheesy
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by jaydude(f): 6:27am On Mar 11, 2015
machidoh:
Dear NCC,

Please take action on MTN. I can no longer stand
my inbox, no thanks to them. This madness has
been going on for a couple of months but it
reached its crescendo mid-last month.

I feel these messages are a form of punishment to
me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
the customer service guy cuts me off with ‘Thank
you for calling maam’.

These messages sometimes comes in form of flash
messages, meaning, if I carelessly touch my screen,
ME and MY CREDIT ARE FINISHED FOR LIFE!

How can they ask a grown up like me to
text indomie to 5030 to know the colour of
indomie pack. Are they mad or stupid?

I should text YES to 5038 if I am tired of being
broke. Do they know who my father is?

I should text IQ for daily riddles. Don’t I have better
daily problems to solve?

All these messages costs N50 naira. Are they that
desperate?

This is coming at a time I have four creditors. I’m on
the verge of hypertension each time my inbox
blinks. Rather than get credit alerts, here is what I
received.

This is how it all began! I receive four spam
messages within three hours. A summary of my
inbox that week.

I sms stop to opt out. Lai lai dem no gree. They
replied me with the same spam!

Finally, I became humble. I had to plead with them
but my pleas fell on deaf ears reason I had to make
this public.

I also want to us this opportunity to make three
facts clear to MTN.

1. I will never ever buy any callertunez! The sooner
they stop telling me to text 33112 to 4100 to
receive olodo girl (WTH does that mean anyway) as
callertunez, the better for them.

2. I have and will never be ill. Stop insulting me by
asking ‘Are you tired of getting ill?’ Have some
F***ING RESPECT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER!

3. They send me messages as early as 4am. Are
these people witches or wizards?

These messages would have been understandable
if I won my phone from them.

I am honestly tired of being victimised. Looking at
the dates of the messages, this letter is long
overdue. When I attempted to write last week, they
doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was
withdrawn from my phone at midnight.

Please NCC, don’t advise me to port to another
network. For some weird reasons I’m stuck with
them that’s why I need this change.

I have been tolerating MTN for 9 years.

I have been an Arsenal fan for 9 years.

I have been banking with ECOBank for 9 years.
PHCN has been my sole provider of power supply.
(Generator spoilt 9 years ago)

I have been single for 9 years.

Do you guys feel the pain of a Nigerian girl?
NCC, please do something!

My email address is machidoh@gmail.com
should MTN need my three MTN phone numbers to
effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com

Op if u receive four messages within three hours, then I think they are still a bit fair to you, I receive almost 8 every 5 minutes I mean no jokes! Since I have been using my sim I have never been successful wit 180, no one has ever picked, I'm even surprised to hear they pick calls. It is truly annoying. At some point I got tired of deleting messages, and before I knew it I had about 50 of such txts, and den started developing muscles on my right arms wen I started deleting grin I have complained at a dealer office and d guy said nothing can be done angry, I am on the verge of throwing away my mtn sim cos of this (it's that serious - wen u trying to conserve ur battery n den unwanted texts start coming in) thank God I have Glo n airtel simcards n dey don't do that...Na wah for emptyhen ooo angry

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by dokunbam(m): 6:28am On Mar 11, 2015
Am used to those messages

Infact I dey expect them

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Chuksgeo: 6:35am On Mar 11, 2015
Empty hen and dihestivi milking Nigerians since the advent of Techhnology
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Olanireti(m): 6:37am On Mar 11, 2015
Android phone makes life easier. Just download CALL BLACKLIST from play store. Save all the stupid numbers they use for texting and calling, you won't be disturbed again. Try this and thank Mr later. Mtn sucks.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by kheart(m): 6:38am On Mar 11, 2015
Under sane govt dis MNC go hear am I swear, can u beliiv dstv wan increase deir subcription?
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by gfullmoon(m): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2015
It's glaring. Sometimes even when you delect such unsolicited sms,they'll instantly send it again telling you they ''bought'' the phone for you. As if this is not enough,they'll call you talking rubbish. Some time they will trick you into believing that is just for one week free trial,once that one week free trial is gone,they'll automatically renew it for you without your volition. Sometimes once you press any key to this spam you've subscribed and if you want to opt out ,no way out till you physically go to their nearest office. This network providers are intruding unduly into our privacy,NCC should please look into these matters.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by spaggyy(m): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2015
fellow nigerians other nairalanders has spoken my mind...an we need to knw dat NCC has been paid to oVerlook this, here is my suggestion let all of us keep calling customer care and keep complaining on same issue let us threating to dispose their sim....If 100 people call daily to complain dem go re-adjust...while typing dis msg I called dem and d lady was telling me it was a 3rd party stuff dat mtn only gave dem d license to spam us,, and I should start sending d codes of the messages to her and she will forward it to d department in charge...trust me I tear for her like mad...my target is calling 25 customer care agent today...

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by whisp3r(m): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2015
Hi OP ,

If you are tired of the messages entering your phone simply place a call to their customer care and try to be extra polite explain to them that you don't like the messages. I used to have the same issues with them until I called them and told them to remove my number from their mailing list. Till today I don't receive any spam SMS
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by bundur(m): 7:01am On Mar 11, 2015
Y is it taking NCC so long 2 stop this madness....
I smell somtn fishy in it

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 11, 2015
Because of all these nonsense, i had to buy an android device and install a software for blocking their nonsense sms, but the one from MTNN no gree block, i shall find a way for that very soon even if i have to write the app myself.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by sophtaf(f): 7:05am On Mar 11, 2015
gbengaoa:
this is not just MTN. its a vas broadcast and it comes from all gsm networks in nigeria. i receive from glo and etisalat too so lets not direct this to MTN alone.
well go n write ur own,na d one wey worry her she dey talk

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 11, 2015
[size=18pt]SWEAT TOO MUCH
Visit Us[/size]
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Stevano007(m): 7:08am On Mar 11, 2015
bobo65:

Lmao

Omo my own na call up number I dey wait make nysc send give me... e b like say mtn know ...them wan use all sorta text kill me dat day...if not dat I have temper control ..I for don throw my phone go wall dat day

But I don finally get call up alert #Godwin
grin grin Abi
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by sophtaf(f): 7:09am On Mar 11, 2015
kheart:
Under sane govt dis MNC go hear am I swear, can u beliiv dstv wan increase deir subcription?
dey hv increase olready undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by DesChyko: 7:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Koroaso:
********IN A COUNTRY THAT WORKS********

*******THERE IS SUPPOSE TO BE ADEQUATE REGULATION OF GSM**********

*******EVEN THIS RECHARGE CARD BUSINESS IS SO OUTDATED********

*******THESE GSM COMPANIES ARE MILKING NIGERIANS EVERYDAY********

*******THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE WORLD WITH GSM AS EXPENSIVE AS NIGERIA**********

*******THERE IS A HOUSE COMMITTEE ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS BUT GUESS WHAT,ONCE THEY POCKET THEIR "PAYMENT" NIGERIANS BEAR THE BRUNT***********

*******WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM A SENATE WITH A LEADER WHO SAID GSM IS NOT FOR POOR PEOPLE********

*******VOTE OUT CORRUPTION*********

GMB/PYO

Must you politicize every goddamn thing you fool?
Do you have these thoughts in your mind when you eat the food the government made available to you as well (since Nigeria is now totalitarian.)?
A person is trying to be blend comedy and reality in perfect artistry and instead of marvel at the beauty and skill, the best you can see is corruption, you poilitical he-goat! angry
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by whisp3r(m): 7:10am On Mar 11, 2015
sophtaf:
well go n write ur own,na d one wey worry her she dey talk

Hi,

U have lovely eyes dear.
wink
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by tunde1200(m): 7:11am On Mar 11, 2015
They are all thieves virtually all of them stealing from customers. ncc can't say they don't know about it.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by des4ella(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2015
I feel ur pains . . Sister.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by whyx06(m): 7:12am On Mar 11, 2015
All networks are not exceptional of this sms/call
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by horlasco(m): 7:13am On Mar 11, 2015
This is a serious issue that ncc should work on,am tired of all this message,can u imergin as am typing this message they have sent another one,(Get instant airtime in the Brain-Wave Game Now! Davido Is a? A. Boxer. B. Singer. C. Journalist. Send A,B or C to 5032. N10/SMS) and many like that,and not only mtn oooooo..........its a general madeness to all nigeria network,pls and pls ncc do something to all this rubish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Creates Jewelry From Her Breast Milk / What Is That Habbit/character You Did As A Child But Still Do Now You Are Grown / Funny Stunts Drunkards Pull!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.