Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages (19537 Views)

Hot: How To Activate 20GB Free For 20naira On Mtn / Open Letter To Ncc On Mtn Zone Tariff Plan / Open Letter To NCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2015
bobo65:

Hahahaha
u must be a real warri guy
boys no get joy again ooo
Yeah am a warri guy
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by lordthree(m): 10:05am On Mar 11, 2015
BonaVIta:
I know one of the fears of some network subscribers in Nigeria is that if they move to a new network service, people with their former network's contact number will be lost or its almost impossible to start calling them and give them their new contact.

Well that was before, simply move to another network office near you that is less aggressive, maybe glo.

Just tell them you want to port to glo, they will gladly give you a new sim and customise that your former contact number for you free of charge.

Just dump those ingrates to a new network services while still maintaining your main phone number.

I dumped MTN for GLO more than 16 months ago, and I'm still happy I did that.

No NEED to SCREAM DEAR, when more than HALF of their SUBSCRIBERS or should I say *PRISONNERS* PORT to another network, they will learn that it may take effort to get to the top but attitude to maintain the position.

glo are not exempted from this, in fact theyre more annoying because they call and unlike mtn that uses numbers like 785 to call, glo uses real looking numbers like 08052538535 infact they just called my mom this morning and she was complaining of how she doesnt like picking unknown numbers because of glo

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by lordthree(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2015
adahgold:
I don't even no wat to say,I called dose fools sometimes last week about this useless SMS,dey quickly sent me a message saying dey have rectify d problem no knowing I just signed a deal of SMS,now the SMS I receive now is worst. Mtn what have I done to u guys...
lmaoo pele
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 11, 2015
I simply transferred my SIM to one dead phone, I only receive voice calls. I pity anybody wey send me sms, I've not even recharged since 2012. that's the same number I give to strangers. copy my style and you won't regret it wink
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2015
etisalat no dey fyiok up like that sha, @ list you don't receive messages at mid night. and you don't receive messages if you are hiding from somebody in same room.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2015
ibietela2:

Fool you sound pained
fellow fool, sorry you are hurt.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Mbediogu(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2015
[quote author=machidoh post=31505039]Dear NCC,

Please take action on MTN. I can no longer stand
my inbox, no thanks to them. This madness has
been going on for a couple of months but it
reached its crescendo mid-last month.

I feel these messages are a form of punishment to
me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
the customer service guy cuts me off with ‘Thank
you for calling maam’.

These messages sometimes comes in form of flash
messages, meaning, if I carelessly touch my screen,
ME and MY CREDIT ARE FINISHED FOR LIFE!

How can they ask a grown up like me to
text indomie to 5030 to know the colour of
indomie pack. Are they mad or stupid?

I should text YES to 5038 if I am tired of being
broke. Do they know who my father is?

I should text IQ for daily riddles. Don’t I have better
daily problems to solve?

All these messages costs N50 naira. Are they that
desperate?

This is coming at a time I have four creditors. I’m on
the verge of hypertension each time my inbox
blinks. Rather than get credit alerts, here is what I
received.

This is how it all began! I receive four spam
messages within three hours. A summary of my
inbox that week.

I sms stop to opt out. Lai lai dem no gree. They
replied me with the same spam!

Finally, I became humble. I had to plead with them
but my pleas fell on deaf ears reason I had to make
this public.

I also want to us this opportunity to make three
facts clear to MTN.

1. I will never ever buy any callertunez! The sooner
they stop telling me to text 33112 to 4100 to
receive olodo girl (WTH does that mean anyway) as
callertunez, the better for them.

2. I have and will never be ill. Stop insulting me by
asking ‘Are you tired of getting ill?’ Have some
F***ING RESPECT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER!

3. They send me messages as early as 4am. Are
these people witches or wizards?

These messages would have been understandable
if I won my phone from them.

I am honestly tired of being victimised. Looking at
the dates of the messages, this letter is long
overdue. When I attempted to write last week, they
doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was
withdrawn from my phone at midnight.

Please NCC, don’t advise me to port to another
network. For some weird reasons I’m stuck with
them that’s why I need this change.

I have been tolerating MTN for 9 years.

I have been an Arsenal fan for 9 years.

I have been banking with ECOBank for 9 years.
PHCN has been my sole provider of power supply.
(Generator spoilt 9 years

MTN is nonsense. They do worse things and people are mqigrating to other users. My cross is that every 10 mins they send a text that my phone thcat has no internet capability to say 'ur last session on internet is 30mb' or so. Thereafter they deduct money. I purposely do not put credit in that particular phone now. We need to be rescued from e-slavery.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Oiselenjakhian(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]afrogearclothing.com[/url] is a website that I designed for a client. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Olulinks(m): 11:54am On Mar 11, 2015
Wow. This is highly satirical!
Me love your genuity here.
More-grace!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by HopeAlive14(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
Empty Hen,

Please show mercy!
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Sike(m): 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2015
Funny but true
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by poik(m): 4:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
machidoh:
Dear NCC,

Please take action on MTN. I can no longer stand
my inbox, no thanks to them. This madness has
been going on for a couple of months but it
reached its crescendo mid-last month.

I feel these messages are a form of punishment to
me concerning the last letter I wrote to MTN. I have called 180 twice to complain of this but each time,
the customer service guy cuts me off with ‘Thank
you for calling maam’.

These messages sometimes comes in form of flash
messages, meaning, if I carelessly touch my screen,
ME and MY CREDIT ARE FINISHED FOR LIFE!

How can they ask a grown up like me to
text indomie to 5030 to know the colour of
indomie pack. Are they mad or stupid?

I should text YES to 5038 if I am tired of being
broke. Do they know who my father is?

I should text IQ for daily riddles. Don’t I have better
daily problems to solve?

All these messages costs N50 naira. Are they that
desperate?

This is coming at a time I have four creditors. I’m on
the verge of hypertension each time my inbox
blinks. Rather than get credit alerts, here is what I
received.

This is how it all began! I receive four spam
messages within three hours. A summary of my
inbox that week.

I sms stop to opt out. Lai lai dem no gree. They
replied me with the same spam!

Finally, I became humble. I had to plead with them
but my pleas fell on deaf ears reason I had to make
this public.

I also want to us this opportunity to make three
facts clear to MTN.

1. I will never ever buy any callertunez! The sooner
they stop telling me to text 33112 to 4100 to
receive olodo girl (WTH does that mean anyway) as
callertunez, the better for them.

2. I have and will never be ill. Stop insulting me by
asking ‘Are you tired of getting ill?’ Have some
F***ING RESPECT FOR YOUR SUBSCRIBER!

3. They send me messages as early as 4am. Are
these people witches or wizards?

These messages would have been understandable
if I won my phone from them.

I am honestly tired of being victimised. Looking at
the dates of the messages, this letter is long
overdue. When I attempted to write last week, they
doubled my airtime balance by 100% but I came back to my senses when the unused credit was
withdrawn from my phone at midnight.

Please NCC, don’t advise me to port to another
network. For some weird reasons I’m stuck with
them that’s why I need this change.

I have been tolerating MTN for 9 years.

I have been an Arsenal fan for 9 years.

I have been banking with ECOBank for 9 years.
PHCN has been my sole provider of power supply.
(Generator spoilt 9 years ago)

I have been single for 9 years.

Do you guys feel the pain of a Nigerian girl?
NCC, please do something!

My email address is machidoh@gmail.com
should MTN need my three MTN phone numbers to
effect this change.

Thank you.

Sunloaded.com
I thought I was the only one. So there are thousands more who are under bombardment from these thieves
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Fulaboy(m): 5:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Odunharry:
mtn Na big time thief ..

Dem Don try tire make I subscribe for caller tunes I get strong head pass Dem... anybody make no like the dun dun sound make him go
Omg I nearly throw away my phone laughing grin grin
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Odunharry(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Fulaboy:
Omg I nearly throw away my phone laughing grin grin
brother Na true Na
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
soldierdollar:

It's either you're not an oyinbo , or you did not grow up in oyinbo land . If this is how oyinbos write English , I'd rather studied in naija . angry

I'm a 58 year old university educated Irishman now on my second career. My first was as a Scientist for over 20 years and now I work as an International Consultant travelling quite often to Naija.

Precisely what is wrong with my English - especially when compared to the standard here?

Check my profile and you will see I am an oyinbo. Also you will see some of my students, who, by the way, had no difficulty in understanding my English!

By the way, when you say " I'd rather studied in naija ", do you mean, I would rather have studied in Naija"?
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Fulaboy(m): 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
Odunharry:

brother Na true Na
I'm using Glo now all this messages and phone call I no dey see dem till time to time. Sometimes I fit take me 2weeks before receiving any spam message
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Fulaboy(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
horlasco:
This is a serious issue that ncc should work on,am tired of all this message,can u imergin as am typing this message they have sent another one,(Get instant airtime in the Brain-Wave Game Now! Davido Is a? A. Boxer. B. Singer. C. Journalist. Send A,B or C to 5032. N10/SMS) and many like that,and not only mtn oooooo..........its a general madeness to all nigeria network,pls and pls ncc do something to all this rubish.
lmao you should have reply A he's a boxer grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Odunharry(m): 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
Fulaboy:
I'm using Glo now all this messages and phone call I no dey see dem till time to time. Sometimes I fit take me 2weeks before receiving any spam message
glo no dey disturb with spam message....

mtn are criminal

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Fulaboy(m): 8:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
Odunharry:

glo no dey disturb with spam message....

mtn are criminal
I registered most of my social platforms with my mtn number I dey use mtn b4 do bis na by the time they start fair usage wahala dats when I vex drop it down I just bring it out whenever the need arises undecided
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by daresimon(m): 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

This matter is not political....it is a private company harrying us, and NCC doing naught about it.

MTN....una don hear?

If the govt can regulate the price for this kind of thing Nigeria will be better of. Govt can stop the private companies
Re: Open Letter To NCC On MTN Spammessages by Naijasinglegirl: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
oyin01:

You write intelligently. I like your construction, creativity and use of words... I will talk to my friends in MTN about you... Send me your number
WHY TF ARE YOU STEALING MY BLOG POSTS TO CREDIT THEM AS YOURS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION? DO YOU KNOW THE MENTAL ENERGY IT TAKES TO WRITE? HOW DARE YOU? DIDNT YOU SEE THE COPYRIGHT SIGN ON MY BLOG?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Creates Jewelry From Her Breast Milk / What Is That Habbit/character You Did As A Child But Still Do Now You Are Grown / Funny Stunts Drunkards Pull!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.