Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) (58098 Views)

7 Tourist Centers You Didn’t Know Existed In Nigeria (photos) / The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures) / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by deletrue: 8:03am On Mar 14, 2015
DeeCherry:
You could add yours too o! There a so many breathtaking places in the world. These are the ones I could lay hands on.
Thanks so much. But still try harder and bring more or other things of surprise and wonders. Am waiting. Thanks
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by alsudaes1(m): 8:08am On Mar 14, 2015
Tawis06:
angry angryChrist of d abyss looks scary angry
that "great blue hole" too, one may enter and never to come out again shocked
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by deletrue: 8:10am On Mar 14, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
OMG! These are really nice places to be. Now I have more reasons to believe in God who deliberately created diversity.

I hope to be at some of those places for tourism sake someday!
Nor be small thing. I for like to be there too

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by Ositawap: 8:12am On Mar 14, 2015
someone should tell me y I couldn't find obudu cattle ranch on that list

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by maylisa(f): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2015
Heaven on earth.
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DePrynCe: 8:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Also,our Nigeria's Obudu ranch in CRS!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by Ariyke: 8:18am On Mar 14, 2015
Someone should take me to lake hilter wink
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by solarmanng: 8:19am On Mar 14, 2015
vikeyz:
breathtaking beauty you never knew existed

Must they pose like disabled for them to look good in pictures?
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by TheMaleBoss(m): 8:24am On Mar 14, 2015
hadizadeezy:
Can I visit them in my dream?
Yup, you can. Just visited!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by ThaProphet(m): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2015
MOSI OA TUNYA (aka Victoria Falls) - Zambia/Zimbabwe

Mosi oa TUNYA means: the cloud that thunders.

The Mosi-oa-Tunya/Victoria Falls is the world’s greatest sheet of falling water and significant worldwide for its exceptional geological and geomorphological features and active land formation processes with outstanding beauty attributed to the falls i.e. the spray, mist and rainbows. This transboundary property extends over 6860 ha and comprises 3779 ha of the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park (Zambia), 2340 ha of Victoria Falls National Park (Zimbabwe), 741 ha of the riverine strip of Zambezi National Park (Zimbabwe). A riverine strip of the Zambezi National Park extending 9 km west along the right bank of the Zambezi and islands in the river are all within the Park as far as Palm and Kandahar Islands, with the Victoria Falls being one of the major attractions. The waterfall stands at an altitude of about 915 m above mean sea level (a.m.s.l.) and spans to about 1708 m wide with an average depth of 100 m and the deepest point being 108 m. Sprays from this giant waterfall can be seen from a distance of 30 km from the Lusaka road, Zambia and 50 km from Bulawayo road, Zimbabwe. (Excerpt from UNESCO)

2 Likes

Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 14, 2015
Mmmm love them!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by Octaves(m): 9:13am On Mar 14, 2015
johnjon:
The glaciers and ice caps of Iceland

The glaciers and ice caps of Iceland cover 11.1% of the land area of the country (about 11,400 km² out of the total area of 103,125 km²) and have a considerable impact on its landscape and meteorology. An ice cap is a mass of glacial ice that covers less than 50,000 km² of land area covering a highland area and they feed outlet glaciers. Glaciers are also contributing to the Icelandic economy, with tourists flocking to the country to see glaciers on snowmobiles and on glacier hiking tours.[1]

Many Icelandic ice caps and glaciers lie above volcanoes, such as Grímsvötn and Bárðarbunga, which lie under the largest ice cap, Vatnajökull. The caldera of Grímsvötn is 100 km² in area, and Bárðarbunga is 60 km².

When volcanic activity occurs under the glacier, the resulting meltwater can lead to a sudden glacial lake outburst flood, known in Icelandic as jökulhlaup, but jökulhlaups are most often caused by accumulation of meltwater due to geothermal activity underneath the glacier. Such jökulhlaups have occasionally triggered volcanic eruptions through the sudden release of pressure.

Iceland is beautiful but they have like 320000 people only in the whole country. That sounds lonely.
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by bayocanny: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2015
Ariyke:
Someone should take me to lake hilter wink
Oya go pack your stuffs let go there together kiss
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by 9jatatafo(m): 11:20am On Mar 14, 2015
That love tunnel is something else. Where sambisa forest come dey na?
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by Richmond996: 11:42am On Mar 14, 2015
The tunnel of love is the garden of Eden too nice cry cry cry kiss. Adam. ND eve Bleep up oo[color=#990000][/color] cry
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
Come and take the pictures of my room, it's one of the breathtaking scenes cool
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by ganiyu26(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
Why is sambisa forest not in d list
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by MightyFortress: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Too lovely... Will visit some of these places soon.. By his grace.
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by enomakos(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2015
hadizadeezy:
yup! Am enjoying it here aswell grin
post some pic with shekau
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by enomakos(m): 3:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
[quote
author=DeeCherry post=31519357]6.HIDDEN BEACH
It’s a paradise on earth hidden beneath the hole in the ground. It is
located in the Marieta Islands, called the “Hidden Beach” or “Playa de
Amor” (Beach of Love). This fairytale place was untouched and hidden,
out of sight from the rest of theworld for many years till some pics
went viral on the Internet. Only then did it become the most popular
beach in Mexico.[/quote]beautiful but how can one get in?
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
henrychubayo:
Wow. Worth tourist destinations I hope to arrange soon.

Amen! may God bless your hustle

1 Like

Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
yemstok:
how about a weekend together at the hidden beach sweet DeeCherry?

Awww! sweetheart, I wud be honoured. when are we leaving?
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
echoedwalls:
WOW: Ways- of- Wonder.
Cap in hand to the Creator.
You got me awed and speechless....

Thanks Op for this piece,person wey think say I'm Papa yard big,never travel out of his myopic zone

lol. True dat sha. u welcome
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
hensben:
Interesting though, I have been to hidden beach.

Oya! come and share ur experience. in pictures ni o!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
Harmvirus:
Wow! Beautiful.

Gracias!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
1k001:

been fortunate enough to have been here. Such a breathtaking sight.

pictures or.....u know na
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2015
tellwisdom:
So what happens to mama nkechi restaurant and bar??....Must i visit a beach to enjoy life??...Op, if i woz u back hand slap enh...5 teeth go comot for your mouth angry

Oya na! e-slap is allowed. I guess u just returned HIGH from mama nkechi's beer parlour. how many bottles did u take?
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2015
An2elect2:
I don't know about others o, but am still breathing.

Great pics anyway.

were d pictures that scary!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
darlenese:
Beautiful but scary...
Can't sleep

Jesus! *falls from an ewedu tree*
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2015
johnjon:
The glaciers and ice caps of Iceland

The glaciers and ice caps of Iceland cover 11.1% of the land area of the country (about 11,400 km² out of the total area of 103,125 km²) and have a considerable impact on its landscape and meteorology. An ice cap is a mass of glacial ice that covers less than 50,000 km² of land area covering a highland area and they feed outlet glaciers. Glaciers are also contributing to the Icelandic economy, with tourists flocking to the country to see glaciers on snowmobiles and on glacier hiking tours.[1]

Many Icelandic ice caps and glaciers lie above volcanoes, such as Grímsvötn and Bárðarbunga, which lie under the largest ice cap, Vatnajökull. The caldera of Grímsvötn is 100 km² in area, and Bárðarbunga is 60 km².

When volcanic activity occurs under the glacier, the resulting meltwater can lead to a sudden glacial lake outburst flood, known in Icelandic as jökulhlaup, but jökulhlaups are most often caused by accumulation of meltwater due to geothermal activity underneath the glacier. Such jökulhlaups have occasionally triggered volcanic eruptions through the sudden release of pressure.

Breathtaking!
Re: Breathtaking Places You Never Knew Existed(photos) by DeeCherry(f): 11:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
Dekatron:
Now, i'd like to affirm: 'POVERTY LA BASTARRD' .

Imagining seeing my kids having fun with my wife and I on the HIDDEN BEACH !!!!!

THunder faya anything wey talk say ah no go geht this thing : CASH

lol! there's no limit to what u can achieve. God bless ur dreams and make dem reality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Travelling Within Nigeria By Air Require Any Document / How Anambra Has Transformed Over The Years (pix) / Toyota Hillux Involved In Accident On Katampe-Abuja. (Graphic pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.