Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job (46983 Views)

Jonathan, Sirleaf, Ikpeazu At Obasanjo's 80th Birthday (Photos) / Jonathan Hits Back At Obasanjo -the Sun / Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nice lecture sir
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by QuiverBox(f): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
arsetalks:
You are exactly what I thought you are, didirin.

Its unfortunate , you have resulted to insult. At least you have proved me right.

You Could not even insult me in English, you had to you you native tongue.

You can see what i mean abi?, you have confirmed my earlier assertion.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by smada13(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
bestestgirl:
lemme go and read first, I dey come

Modified
Well, there is nothing essentially wrong with his speech, however, he should have known better, Nigeria is a political country and Government appointees are expected to support their benefactor (blindly sometimes grin).
He may be truthful as some have mentioned above but he bit the hand that fed him, hence the sack.
I wish him well in his other endeavors

GEJ till 2019

if you say "bit the hand that fed him", then it's OBJ and not GEJ caused OBJ took him to where he is today.....and also don't forget Generals don't abandon each other
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by darisgod(m): 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
Mayb instead of change he should ve use Replace

Lolz

Anyway
In other news

APC!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

REPLACE the Clueless one
REPLACE the Shoeless one

1 Like

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Isajaf: 5:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
arsetalks:
He spoke the truth and got sacked. It shows GEJ and PDP hate the truth and it is no wonder most of their so called achievements are lies.
TELL US HERE ONE OF GEJ ACHIEVEMENT THAT WAS A LIE FOOL

1 Like

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Tymax(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
I still cannot find anything that prompted the sack. He was talking about leadership and didn't even go deep.

If they sacked him for the repeated but benign use of "change" then PDP is led by unintelligent elements.

He didn't address the issues of the nation deeply yet he got fired. I wonder if they would have ordered his arrest if he had spoken more passionately.

Failed government.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Kellygold(f): 5:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
So sad

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by davdjayj: 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

My apologies....but have you read the speech...

It is not a critique....more of an agenda for the future....which he expects would come under GEJ (Especially as last week, on live TV....he expressed his support for the President).

Someone in the Presidency is acting too suspicious.

My apologies to!!Do you know the meaning of loyalty Baba OBJ just tore a PDP membership card in front of the whole world. Embarasses Jonathan at every single opportunity he is given the mic. How many PDP people did you see at that event. Don't get me wrong. Attending his party is no issue. Being a guest speaker is no issue. I retierate that loyalty is needed. Unless of course you do not follow Nigerian politcs. Do not tell me about USA ,UK or European politics. I am discussing Nigerian politics here. Wrong or right?.Story for another day.

1 Like

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by arsetalks(m): 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
Isajaf:

TELL US HERE ONE OF GEJ ACHIEVEMENT THAT WAS A LIE FOOL
The rail, the airport. They are all overglorified scam. You pathetic tw*t.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Orikinla(m): 5:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
[quote author=skedman post=31520922][/quote]

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by arsetalks(m): 5:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
QuiverBox:

Its unfortunate , you have resulted to insult. At least you have proved me right.

You Could not even insult me in English, you had to you you native tongue.

You can see what i mean abi?, you have confirmed my earlier assertion.
My language is not going into extinct unlike yours. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/155570-igbos-urged-save-language-extinction.html

Akirada. Oponu omo ale.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Faraidi(m): 5:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
[quote author=skedman post=31520922][/quote]foolish old man, you can't bite the hands that fed you!
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by openmine(m): 6:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
Even former president obasanjo wud have sacked him d moment he finished dat statement....if u tink am lying ask former PDP chairman audu ogbeh....
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Orikinla(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
Itulah:

Did you see the bold?? That serves his asss right tongue tongue tongue

[size=18pt]STOP THE PDP CHARADE!
CHANGE YOUR PARADE![/size]

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by QuiverBox(f): 6:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
arsetalks:
My language is not going into extinct unlike yours. http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/155570-igbos-urged-save-language-extinction.html

Akirada. Oponu omo ale.

I never attacked your language i only made a remake. The character you portray over a simple discussion is obviously bringing out the APC Violence in you

A party with Offline and online Violence supporters. i am not surprise.

You cannot make valid argument and then you result to insult.

By the way i am not Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by soulfood(m): 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
Are you a talented DJ seeking platform to blow? ......or you are an artiste looking to get promotion on superstar DJ mix? Then you are home with mynaijadj. Totally free.

Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by vislabraye(m): 6:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
davdjayj:
Let's leave sentiments out of this. Loyalty is required by the goverment at all times. If you are going to take the moral high road. RESIGN then you can be critical and dine with whoever. Ask Sanusi.

I wish I could give you more likes for this statement.
If he is too pure and full of integrity, he should have resigned. It's only in Nigeria that a government official will be working for the opposition and expect to keep his office.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by blackandbold: 6:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
davdjayj:
Let's leave sentiments out of this. Loyalty is required by the goverment at all times. If you are going to take the moral high road. RESIGN then you can be critical and dine with whoever. Ask Sanusi.
mtweeew.loyalty? blimd loyalty leads to nothing but destruction.
anyway so much for the freedom of speech that GEJs have been saying...yet this is being done in a democratic setting . imagine
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by ClintonDal(m): 6:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
[quote author=ratchetwrench

Making a lot of enemies while in power will make you have little friends to run to when you leave the position of power. A words of advice for GEJ and PEJ[/quote]
Oga in tthe next Ten hundred million thousand years *if there's any thing of such* dat surname "Jonathan" would always carry weight in this country. Go and ask Aguiyi Ironsi's wife who is still under govt payroll after over 40yrs
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by ybalogs(m): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
I want # change , I dont want #Change" should not
bring insults..... There are # unemployable
Nigerians who knows that having a Jesus Christ
running Nigeria will not make life any better for
them. They are not idiots; they are just hopeless.
#Change or # Continuity makes no difference to
them......There are Nigerians who benefit largely
from the corrupt practices of this administration...
They feed fat while the nation suffers...You can not
call such people "Fools" for wanting continuity, I
will agree if you say they are myopic. But then
again, they are no idiots..... There are # employable
Nigerians with skills and education but remains
# unemployed.....They do not benefit anything from
this government... They are aware it can be
better.... They still depend on their parents to
provide even toothpaste.... They want a #Change
in fortune... The only reason they do not subscribe
to the # CHANGE2015 is because of #religion and/
or #ethnicity .... Now, those are the # real # idiots
.... It is not an insult, there is just no euphemism
for such idiots..... BIGOTRY is IDIOCY.#Copied
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by freshdude99(m): 6:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
arsetalks:
He spoke the truth and got sacked. It shows GEJ and PDP hate the truth and it is no wonder most of their so called achievements are lies.
Between apc and pdp, who tell the most lies
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by sannirules(m): 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
A wise and unbiased speech, he has spoken his mind. Thus he can go to bed with a clear conscience.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2015
As a patriotic Nigerian, I can't say anything about this man, he is an honest man and God will bless him for speaking the truth, Gej is a very weakling presido and nothing can stop his cluelessness than voting him out come this month. God bless Ngwaland,God bless Abia state,God bless Nigeria.

Anyone that does not like what I just wrote can go back to Ghana.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Bimpe29: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
General has just hit the nail on the head. His speech reveal the true state of things without being sentimental or subjective. That's what should be called a bold step/sense of responsibility expected of a statesman, even though he's an appointee or employee of GEJ, he still went ahead to say the bitter truth. Mind you, he's not an hungry/come and chop politician, whose conscience may be bought for sheer selfishness.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by akunnasu: 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Agwai has proved 2 b anti GEJ, otherwise he shld've reasoned with d Oga on top about his concerns n make meaningful suggestions, being an appointee who's part of dis administration. Slagging ur BOSS publicly, even b4 his foes is pure betrayal. Agwai got what he deserved!
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by arsetalks(m): 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
QuiverBox:

I never attacked your language i only made a remake. The character you portray over a simple discussion is obviously bringing out the APC Violence in you

A party with Offline and online Violence supporters. i am not surprise.

You cannot make valid argument and then you result to insult.

By the way i am not Igbo.
You made a remake? For someone who is claiming the other person is not educated. Perfect that. Now sod off my mention.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by QuiverBox(f): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
arsetalks:
You made a remake? For someone who is claiming the other person is not educated. Perfect that. Now sod off my mention.

You Don't even understand the meaning of a remark. HMMMMMM, how do I begin to tutor you?

And you began to insult , when you could not comprehend simple Grammer.

Was that how you we're Brought Up?
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by cashkid: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
D guy no wan go prison if buhari eventually send the otuoke man to his village,he refused to give dry sure p account 4 dem n he was fired!!!!!!!! But I tink its beta 4 d man at least
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by asamaigho(m): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
gen agwai is lucky that he was only sacked.. it was not thesame for gen for agwoye azazi cos similar statement cost him his life.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by Raymondgabriel(m): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
That guy is not wise! He should have avoided the topic "leadership". "leadership" is a very sensitive topic especially at this period of election. Let alone professing "change". Was he drunk?
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
QuiverBox:

You Don't even understand the meaning of a remark. HMMMMMM, how do I begin to tutor you?

And you began to insult , when you could not comprehend simple Grammer.

Was that how you we're Brought Up?

Mr English,before you correct someone,please try to check before posting. Anyway, it's grammar and not grammer,also do I forgot to mention your capital B.
Re: Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job by QuiverBox(f): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2015
NgwaManNaija4LF:

Mr English,before you correct someone,please try to check before posting. Anyway, it's grammar and not grammer,also do I forgot to mention your capital B.

Thank you Ngwa, I am also learning. Its Forget and not "Forgot"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Is Clearly Promoting Peter Obi In The North - Mahdi Shehu / How Fubara Fell Out With Wike / A Little Girl Whispering Into Osinbajo's Ear (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.