Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (14793 Views)

Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by raayah(f): 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Beautiful piece OP!.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
@ OP, may God unite us and help us bring an end to all these chaos

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by chrisviral(m): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
Why must the Yoruba woman win the fight in your write up, why didn't the igbo woman Win?

Yet you want peace, for where, we will finish this in heaven grin walahai

Btw, Igbos are now growing onions incase you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by squaddy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sad thing is,it's too late already. No amount of preaching will make nigerians see themselves as one.

It is advisable we split into a million piece if obtainable(after all this union was not made in heaven)or we may end up killing ourselves in the nearest future and this time,it won't be 3 sections teaming up against 1, but a mohammedian-conquer-and-dominate free for all.

This is the naked truth.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Chain... Love nothing but love
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by sirwilly1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Make i just make front page. Brb
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by okotv(m): 9:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
I have tried to understand why people go tribal. it just doesn't dwell good with me. I hope we get it right. When I meet a new person, first you are human before anything else.

My motto: supreme love for God, sincere love for man.

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by hardbody: 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
Nice write up but the plot of what we want to become is set in utopia. I do not see us loving each other as yet. There is deep distrust and animousity ingrained and etched in our consiousness. All but one of the yoruba ladies i dated had to leave at some point because i am igbo. All entreaties to make them realize we hold the key to change the scenario fell on deaf ears. As a person i have tried to be deribalized but the next person sees me not as human or nigerian but as Igbo. The gap is not going to be covered in my generation, sadly. We are today's youth and the future of this country but is there really a country? I doubt it. There was rather, a country.

With the level of acrimonoius rancour, if they ever is a war, it will be internecenine and from the ashes will arise nothingness because we will all be engulfed, decimated and wiped off. Chai....

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
Some of the comments on this thread will make me cry..people actually think we are far too gone to come back together in love sad E.g: Squaddy and Hardbody

I don't want to cry this night, let me go and eat my potatoes and fried egg before I lose appetite.

Brb

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
And you have done it again.... marry me
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:
Some of the comments on this thread will make me cry..people actually think we are far too gone to come back together in love sad E.g: Squaddy and Hardbody

I don't want to cry this night, let me go and eat my potatoes and fried egg before I lose appetite.

Brb

My dear after eating your dinner let's converse...sadly or rather unfortunately it's true, tribalism is even practised in schools .. my first direct experience of tribalism was in my second year in unilag, I met a girl we where dating then one day I met her folks and when they learnt I was igbo they told their daughter to be done with the relationship. Second one was when my elder brother was graduating from the faculty of engineering in unilag...the HOD called my mum and explained to her that my elder brother couldn't be given a first class because he isn't from the West, a Yoruba...so he graduated with a 2:1. These are real facts that can be proven... This also happens to a friend of mine who graduated as a doctor from LUTH, he wasn't given as distinction because he wasn't yoruba. So when the schools are teaching tribalism what do you expect? Igbos born in the west are indirectly taught to hate their language and tribe, hence a lot of them try to be Yoruba. I feel so sad about this tribalism problem facing this country for its too far gone to be helped.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by kheart(m): 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
I ve been in a similar situation b4, in my own case I had to drop from d car cos d woman is elderly.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by thepatroit: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
A beautiful write-up, Standd. But I don't know if unity is plausible at present. You see, the seed of hatred, dis-unity, tribalism was sewn deep into the fabrics of our lives by our parents, grandparents and ancestors and being worsened by the present political madness. Even amongst the same tribe, discrimination prevails, not to talk of other tribes. I really don't see us coming together as one in the near future. One can only hope.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Frenchkiss564: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
lestat:

My dear after eating your dinner let's converse...sadly or rather unfortunately it's true, tribalism is even practised in schools .. my first direct experience of tribalism was in my second year in unilag, I met a girl we where dating then one day I met her folks and when they learnt I was igbo they told their daughter to be done with the relationship. Second one was when my elder brother was graduating from the faculty of engineering in unilag...the HOD called my mum and explained to her that my elder brother couldn't be given a first class because he isn't from the West, a Yoruba...so he graduated with a 2:1. These are real facts that can be proven... This also happens to a friend of mine who graduated as a doctor from LUTH, he wasn't given as distinction because he wasn't yoruba. So when the schools are teaching tribalism what do you expect? Igbos born in the west are indirectly taught to hate their language and tribe, hence a lot of them try to be Yoruba. I feel so sad about this tribalism problem facing this country for its too far gone to be helped.
you are painting everything as if its a yoruba thing, my brother was also denied admision to study law in unizik, his admision was canceled on the screening date, it was the faculty secretary that told him that as an ofemannnnu he doesnt worth the admision, an average igbo man wants evil to befall yoruba land heck your people celebrated the supposed boko haraam attack on lagos
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
thepatroit:
A beautiful write-up, Standd. But I don't know if unity is plausible at present. You see, the seed of hatred, dis-unity, tribalism was sewn deep into the fabrics of our lives by our parents, grandparents and ancestors and being worsened by the present political madness. Even amongst the same tribe, discrimination prevails, not to talk of other tribes. I really don't see us coming together as one in the near future. One can only hope.

We are together. The people who turn us against each other, do so, so that we will NEVER be able to speak against them with one voice.
Yet, we are too blind to see that all these people are one...Thieves and looters of our collective wealth.
Why do we struggle to survive yet the people who steal us blind gives us arms to destroy one another. Why?

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
Frenchkiss564:
you are painting everything as if its a yoruba thing, my brother was also denied admision to study law in unizik, his admision was canceled on the screening date, it was the faculty secretary that told him that as an ofemannnnu he doesnt worth the admision, an average igbo man wants evil to befall yoruba land heck your people celebrated the supposed boko haraam attack on lagos
chai u can lie o...

3 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by cacali(f): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Wonderful, wonderful piece. Its really terrible this hate in our land. Not even just among the major tribes but even among communities that are relatively brothers in the same state. I am fortunate to be born Igbo, but was born & bred in Lagos and have lived here all my life. I went to a unity school in the north and still have friends who are northerners even after 20 something years. My best friends r from the minor ethnic groups and I believed with my all rounder cultural orientation, I wild have a generation of children who do not know this hatred. I was shocked a few years back, when my daughter then about 5 or 6 years announced that she hates Yoruba people because they are smelly and dirty. She cold have only picked that up in one place, from her friends who have already been indoctrinated with that hate. Its sad really. I've had to work on that mindset constantly

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
babzy2007:
@ OP, may God unite us and help us bring an end to all these chaos

Amen
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
kai mana akwei turanci.

long story sha.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by ChristyG(f): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
lygn19:
chai u can lie o...
ibo universities hardly accept non ibos and that is a bitter fact,so nowadays most yorubas avoid them

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
Deal With Whatever Situation, Its a No Love Lost Issue Whether You Accept It Or Not. In as Much as I Try To Preach Oneness and Unity, There Has To Be at Least an Ounce Of Similarity Between These Three Giant Tribes.

To Be Honest, Searching For Similarity Brought To My Awareness and Realisation That I Could Fall Out My Findings Haul With a Walking Stick.

Not Trying To Drop a Fly In Your Ointment Clamouring For One Big Nigeria"(Well,Guess What? We've Tested It and Look How It Turn)But I Think We'd Survive With Better Understanding Apart, Peacefully Of Course. My Post Doesn't Have To Cut Ice Nor Hold Water To Your Individualistic Perception, Its Just My Opinion.

And If You're Real And Truthful To Your Self You'd Know This.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
chrisviral:
Why must the Yoruba woman win the fight in your write up, why didn't the igbo woman Win?

Yet you want peace, for where, we will finish this in heaven grin walahai

Btw, Igbos are now growing onions incase you don't know.

No one won the fight.... We are still fighting. The funny thing is we fight our neighbours, not the people who make us suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by jesunaanigmail(m): 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
You are my HERO. GOD Bless You.

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 11, 2015
Kizmarty:
I seriously jealous this article,now i'm wishing I wrote this.

It's of great joy to know that there are still Nigerian youths in their right state of minds.
YOuths that sit and think analytically of situations bothering our nation.
I term them "the powerful little voices"

I'm happy,amidst the pale future i sense,they're still shinning lights of hope.

This is a powerful article and we need to ponder on these.

Nice one standd,besides I love your use of sarcasm kiss

Do you know that your neighbour can raise arms against you during a riot. Yes, your neighbour. And no, he does not hate you, he hates you fathers, and maybe your religion. And then our thieving leaders, have brainwashed us to think that our neighbours are our enemies....
This is our story.
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by GodMode: 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
lestat:

Lies...

If someone is born in a foreign land he/she learns the language or behaviour of that land.. So people born SW don't try to be yoruba...

They grow up amongst yoruba...
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
Tell Yourselves The Truth, Can a Hardcore Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa Man Who Isn't Abreast To Modernisation Live With Themselves.

Take an Hausa From The North, Take an Igbo Man From The East and Join Them Together With The Yoruba Man . These are The True Average Nigerians,Not Me and You With Little Or Vast Education.

Its Bad That We With Our Depth Of Information and Awareness Can't Live Together Talk less Of The Uneducated and Miss-Informed ,and What not. grin
Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by GodMode: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
standd:

Do you know that your neighbour can raise arms against you during a riot. Yes, your neighbour. And no, he does not hate you, he hates you fathers, and maybe your religion. And then our thieving leaders, have brainwashed us to think that our neighbours are our enemies....
This is our story.

No one is brainwashed... Nigeria changed the moment the igbos decided to go to other regions to start killing people...

People were living peacefully then all of a sudden the igbos attacked families that were living in peace.

Igbos should be given the biafra they crave for...

1 Like

Re: Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request by PreciousBro: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Stop Blaming Our Fathers and Ancestors!!

We aren't Kids Anymore and We Are Aware Of Our Identities, Culture and Tradition and Their Differences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

​Where Is The Third Answer?- A Review Of Juliana Olayode's (Toyo's) 'Rebirth' / Between Nnedi Okorafor & Upcoming Author She Told 'Talk Is Cheap' / A BEAUTIFUL FOE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.