Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History (972 Views)

FACT!! Igbos Re Nigeria's Political Slaves( Political History Of Nigeria) / Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari / 20 Great Oscar Wilde Quotes For Our Political Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Faru: 7:18am On Jan 15, 2009
In 1979 he brought Shagari who had no business being a Governor let a lone president.
In 2007 he brought Yar a dua who should be in a convalescent home as president.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Marymos: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2009
Did he force them into power?They are both of age.People should not allow others to influence them to accept what they cannot do.Anyway is quite a pity and unfortunate.God will deliver Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by asha80(m): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2009
God left nigeria 42 years ago
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by ifyalways(f): 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2009
asha 80:

God left nigeria 42 years ago
NO
Satan entered 9ja,God took a break. cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2009
Funny post. If Obasanjo is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria's political history, so what's the best thing?

I guess that'll be hard to answer. ***shake my head***
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Marymos: 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2009
Faru should answer the question asked by B.O.S.S.Is very painful that out of millions of gifted people in this great country we find ourselves in this present mess.How i wish OBJ succeeds in his 3rd term ambition,that would have saved us from the present predicament we are in.We don't know where we are heading.People are suffering and being frustrated and all they tell us is"RULE OF LAW AND SEVEN POINT AGENDA"Na rule of law we go chop.May 29 will be the second year of the presentation administration and there is nothing to show for.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by oderemo(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2009
God will deliver Nigeria
[code][/code][tt][/tt][sub][/sub].

can we stop this GOD this, GOD that.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Faru: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2009
@ B.O.O.S.
Prof. Marauder Maurice Iwu and his INEC Team
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Olaolufred(m): 9:34am On Jan 16, 2009
True, that demonic Man(OBJ) is Devil's Instruments

used in inflicting on Nigerians unnecessary hardship.

Anytime he came in, he robs Nigerians greatly.

Whenever he is leaving, he leaves for us a Cankerworm to finish his evil deal.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Pepeye(f): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2009
He frittered away our yesterday thereby making our tomorrow unsure
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by olanajim(m): 12:06pm On Jan 16, 2009
@poster,
I disagree with your analogy. It is driven by sentiment.

So far, as bad as obj was, I am yet to see or hear any president that have achieved what he did. Maybe it will happen in future. Let us learn to seperate human character from their achievement if it is possible.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2009
olanajim:

@poster,
I disagree with your analogy. It is driven by sentiment.

So far, as bad as obj was, I am yet to see or hear any president that have achieved what he did. Maybe it will happen in future. Let us learn to seperate human character from their achievement if it is possible.

Alright then, Mr, could you please answer my question as regards to the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria's political history?
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by cibilola(f): 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2009
GUYS!!!

Obasanjo was not a fantastic president, (true) but don't let his physical ugliness and fiscal policies over-shadow the other things that he achieved for us, (i am not going to be popular for saying these)

Obasanjo literally cleared the debt he owed to the West making Nigeria the first African country that have cleared the money they owe the Western world. ($32 billion in total)

I believe it is also under Obasanjo's rule that mobile telecommunication was made easier. As simple as it may sound mobile phones have made communication easier in Nigeria since NITEL decided that they were a total f*ck up.

Tourism also boomed under his reign. For the first tim Oyinbo's decided that they could visit Nigeria without always poke-nosing into our oil,

Mind you I don't like the guy at all, so consider that before you blast me with "uncivil" comments
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 2:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
cibilola:

GUYS!!!

Obasanjo was not a fantastic president, (true) but don't let his physical ugliness and fiscal policies over-shadow the other things that he achieved for us, (i am not going to be popular for saying these)
I doubt people take that into consideration when dissing him. People are talking strictly about his policies and nothing else.

cibilola:

Obasanjo literally cleared the debt he owed to the West making Nigeria the first African country that have cleared the money they owe the Western world. ($32 billion in total)
That's laughable. What's his role as a president if he cannot predise over these issues? By the way, he paid $32 Billion debt and then pocketted half that amount, food for thought?

cibilola:

I believe it is also under Obasanjo's rule that mobile telecommunication was made easier. As simple as it may sound mobile phones have made communication easier in Nigeria since NITEL decided that they were a total f*ck up.
You should know Nigeria would forever be in the dark age if we cannot allow mobile phone telecommunication at this day and age, think about it, I've been using mobile phone in the UK since 1999, so for Obj introducing that 10-11 years after is in fact not impressive, and mind you, sooner or later, it'll have been there. In fact, I'm disappointed that it took almost a decade for mobile phone technology to be available in my country after all these first world countries in fact, some other developping countries still got the device circulated before Nigeria.

cibilola:

Tourism also boomed under his reign. For the first tim Oyinbo's decided that they could visit Nigeria without always poke-nosing into our oil,
And also, Nigeria climbed up the ladder and now we're 6th in the league of kidnapping nations. Oyibos are also very iffy when it comes to the issue of travelling to Nigeria, NICE!!!
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 16, 2009
I bet this poster does not know the meaning of the word worst

if u ask him to state one leader that was better than OBJ he will struggle.

Boss I personally had mobile phone in Nigeria in 2002.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
mikeansy:

I bet this poster does not know the meaning of the word worst

if u ask him to state one leader that was better than OBJ he will struggle.

Is he the best though? OBJ?
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by cibilola(f): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2009
B.O.S.S.:

Is he the best though? OBJ?

rightfully said! are some of us so quick to forget the state the country was in under the reign of Abacha?

surely Obasanjo was not worse than Abacha, or was he?
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2009
cibilola:

rightfully said! are some of us so quick to forget the state the country was in under the reign of Abacha?

surely Obasanjo was not worse than Abacha, or was he?

Collectively, I cannot find a difference. One of them is thirsty for blood and money while the other is thirsty for blood and money apparently one was just greedier than the other.

Oh, plus, while one looted the money all for himself , the other looted the money for himself and his clans.

Either way, during both regimes, Nigeria beared the loss whichever way you look at it.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by cibilola(f): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2009
it's about time we wake up from our slumber and put our differences aside! angry

Obasanjo was not great BUT he achieved what Abacha didnt and what Yar a dua wouldn't, undecided

Besides we all know Nigeria and our love for money, it's not just a leader's downfall!!! everyone suffers from it
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by multebrain(m): 5:14pm On Jan 16, 2009
B.O.S.S PLS I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM MORE ABOUT OBJ I THINK YOU KNOW HIM BETTER THAN HOW THEY DO lol YOU KNOW WHAT IS NOT GOOD TO BE UGLY UGLY PEOPLE DO BAD THING BECOUSE THEY ALWAYS ANGRE DONT BLAME OBJ BLAME HIS MOTHER THAT ACCEPT TO MARRY HIS FATHER WHICH HE RESENBLE UGLY THING IN OTTA
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2009
multebrain:

B.O.S.S PLS I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM MORE ABOUT OBJ I THINK YOU KNOW HIM BETTER THAN HOW THEY DO lol YOU KNOW WHAT IS NOT GOOD TO BE UGLY UGLY PEOPLE DO BAD THING BECOUSE THEY ALWAYS ANGRE DONT BLAME OBJ BLAME HIS MOTHER THAT ACCEPT TO MARRY HIS FATHER WHICH HE RESENBLE UGLY THING IN OTTA
hahaha, don't worry, just leave them fighting a dumb course. How on earth would someone say Obj was a good man? For God's sake, it's his fault that we have Yar' Adua and still, Obj has shown no remorse over this.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by cibilola(f): 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2009
dont worry guys!! YARADUA will go,
don't be to naive to think that Obasanjo personally dragged Yaradua to the presidential sit angry sad

some silly majority of Nigerians disappointed themselves by voting, and ofcourse there are 'long legs', bribery etc,

i insist i dont like the mango-head anymore better than you do but he did good things in Nigeria, sry
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2009
cibilola:

don't be to naive to think that Obasanjo personally dragged Yaradua to the presidential sit angry sad

some silly majority of Nigerians disappointed themselves by voting, and ofcourse there are 'long legs', bribery etc,

You think we're wrong by assuming that Obj personally dragged Yaradue into the prsidential sit? Who else is to be blamed then if not OBJ? I thought he "handpicked" him according to majority of Nigerians and also majority of news reporters are uttering the same word.

Oh well, about your second line, I don't think the voting counted in 2007 so I'll ask you my dear to disregard the [b]s[/b]election and have it on your mind that the seat was readily made for Baba Go-Slow.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by OBVIOUS(m): 5:47am On Jan 17, 2009
If Obasanjo is the worst then where do people like Abacha and Babangida  rank?

yeeeesssshhhh, then Nigeria is in serious trouble.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by cibilola(f): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2009
B O S S, Obasanjo did not introduce mobile phones 10 - 11 after 1999. Are you living in the future angry angry

u also talked about kidnapping, here in the UK and Europe, it's the order of the day. It always happen, ppl disappear and die. So if they are kidnapping the oyinbos, it is not unusual AT ALL!!

Get a grip B.o.s.s, push the sentiment aside. Naija was in a mess before Obj's reign but made slightly better when he was there,

Sadly, there will always be corruption in Nigeria, people will always go missing or get kidnapped etc. cry cry but believe me when i say this, It is not the fault of Obasanjo! Look more closely at the ex-presidents and u will find the worse one that you are looking for. FULL STOP sad angry
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Frizy(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2009
When will Nigerians get to understand that Obasanjo still remains the best leader they had in decades, or throughout the Nigerian Political History? undecided. They love to praise leaders that are well known to be thieves. sad
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by BOSS7: 11:39am On Jan 17, 2009
It's a shame that in Nigeria, we love to praise mediocrity. How could we praise someone who'se ruled the country in the seventies and had the opportunity to turn things around but instead he didn't do jack. While we had Abacha and Babangida, remember those were the military days!!! Obasanjo took over as the first democratic president and people thought things was going to change but nothing changed.

Is he the best, well go say that to the relatves of the thousands of people who were murdered in the village.
Say that to the relatives of the people who lost their lives in the plane crashes that happenedduring his renure (apparently, his friend Fani-Kayode) was in charge).

What's the difference anyway? OBJ's elction campaign was bankrolled by IBB so what's everyone talking about? You guys should wake up and stop loving a 3rd grade leader. Kidnap is inevitable anywhere in the world, faienough, we all know that, but for fck sake, Nigeria is worse than Afghanistan when it comes to kidnapping (and there's no war in Nigeria, well yet).

Oh well, I'll not bother arguing with you guys. You might call him the best but that's because we don't have much to choose from.
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by Faru: 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2009
@ B.O.O.S may God bless u. The success of a leader is in his successor. Bola Tinubu might not av achieved anythin but he gave Lagosians Fashola and we r all living testimonies to that. Obasanjo had every ample opportunity to sanitize our political system but what did he do? Rather he organised the worst election in d history of democracy same he did in 1979. Am not a Westerner but I have seen the legacies of Awolowo. This was a man who brought Television 2 Africa when countries like France, Ireland etc cant boast of 1. He denied one of the finest mind to av emanated from Africa opportunity to govern just b'cos of their personal differences @ d expense of Nigeria. Till date he is being referred 2 as d best president Nigeria never had. What did Nelson Mandela do in SA? He step aside and allow d people choose their president. So much 2 say,
Re: Obasanjo Is The Worst Thing That Happened In Our Political History by DaLover(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2009
I believe OBJ was the worst because of the expectations Nigerian had,
I mean people did not expect much from the likes of Babangida and Abacha.

Back then in 99, we had finally gotten democracy and hope were at an all time high.
Oil sales were continually booming during OBJs period and the money rolled in.

But somehow OBJ managed to dash all hopes for quick progress as a nation,

I mean this a man that aspired to lead without a single idea on how the nation would be
turned forward (at least "Baba Go slow" get 7 pt agenda) .

Under Abacha, The west suffered, and there was constant rioting in the street of
Lagos and Ibadan.

Under Obj, The Niger Delta was severly punished for daring to live on top of Oil.

The idiot even had the gots to attempt a third term.

May GOD send that man to erternal damnation

(1) (Reply)

If You Meet Farida Waziri Today? / Protest Shefiu Salawudeen's Cold Blood Murder In Lviv, Ukraine / Delta Guber Race Hots Up As Mercenaries Bomb Ukusare’s Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.