Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari (29532 Views)

FACT!! Igbos Re Nigeria's Political Slaves( Political History Of Nigeria) / Has Your Views On Jonathan Changed? / Boko Haram Will Soon Be History - Buhari Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:28pm On May 28, 2015
The President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, on Thursday said the outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan has changed the course of Nigeria’s political history for good.

He made the remark after President Jonathan handed over executive summary of the handover notes and a copy of the National Conference report to him.

The ceremony was held at the Presidential Villa after Buhari and the Vice President-elect, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, were conducted round some offices and facilities at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari maintained that Jonathan’s singular act of conceding defeat has not only earned the respect of Nigerians but also of world leaders.

He said: “Until I read and digest this notes from the President, I don’t think I will be in a position to make any strong contribution.

“But what I will say is since the telephone call you made, you have changed the course of Nigeria’s political history. For that you have earned yourself a place in our history, for stabilising this system of multi party democracy and you have earned the respect of not only Nigerians but world leaders.

“All the leaders that spoke to me and congratulated us for arriving at the point we arrived, mentioned this and I could understand, a lot of relief in their voices that Nigeria has made it after all and this is largely owed to a situation.

“If you had wanted to make things difficult, you could have made things difficult and that would have been at the expense of lives of poor Nigerians, but you chose the part of honour and may God help all of us. Thank you very much your Excellency.”

Part of President-elect’s entourage to the seat of power include the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Oyegun, members of the two parties’ transition committees, Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi and Spokesman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Lai Muhammed.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/update-jonathan-changed-nigerias-political-history-buhari/

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:28pm On May 28, 2015
[size=13pt]Hear Buhari[/size]:
“If you had wanted to make things difficult, you could have made things difficult and that would have been at the expense of lives of poor Nigerians, but you chose the part of honour and may God help all of us. Thank you very much your Excellency.”
From Tinubu's Thenation newspaper.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Fairgodwin(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2015
No, you guys (APC) 'changed' it; Jonathan only 'transformed' it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:32pm On May 28, 2015
Wanna sit down hear to watch d devils(apc fans) spew shitz after dem oga just said it all

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by bunmioguns(m): 5:32pm On May 28, 2015
typing

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by freshdude99(m): 5:34pm On May 28, 2015
Let those who wish to know the truth hear it from their supposed leader
Good bless both of you
GEJ
GMB
Myself

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by kaeycea(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2015
Buhari takes any slightest opportunity he has to appreciate GEJ for conceding defeat and I wonder why it has become too difficult for APC followers to follow suit

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by kendrick9(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2015
Goodluck truly is a democrat unlike the cattle rearer who made this statement in 2012.
“If what happened in 2011 (alleged
rigging) should again happen in
2015, by the grace of God, the dog
and the baboon would all be soaked
in blood.’’

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by psucc(m): 5:37pm On May 28, 2015
Thank God he had seen a man different from what he is.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:38pm On May 28, 2015
This is remarkable admission by Buhari, his followers need to know this.

cc: lalasticlala

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by kinxlink(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2015
Sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by themilanway(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2015
Didnt change the fact that Jonathan ran this country to a ditch.

Never again will he govern this country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2015
If Jonathan was not clueless and a failure, Buhari wouldn't have said he would study the handover note before making any strong contribution.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 5:41pm On May 28, 2015
Truth be Told Jonathan Had his Shortcomings but he is the Most Considerate and Good intent President Nigeria has Ever produced

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2015
Truth be Told Jonathan Had his Shortcomings but he is the Most Considerate and Good intent President Nigeria has Ever produced..

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Mogidi: 5:42pm On May 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
If Jonathan was not clueless and a failure, Buhari wouldn't have said he would study the handover note before making any strong contribution.

Another way of looking at it is that he didn't understand a word in the hand over notes.

115 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Jorussia(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2015
.I think GEJ as a gentle man,was the perfect person needed to for the first time,make a peaceful transition from one political party to another.But, the truth is,there was nothing he could do about the election result. He was deceived by his aides,to believe that he was the best performing president in perhaps the whole world,and as such APC stood no chance of winning him.But when d electioneering processes started, he now realised that he was not as popular among Nigerians as he was in 2011.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 28, 2015
“But what I will say is since the telephone call you made, you have changed the course of Nigeria’s political history. For that you have earned yourself a place in our history, for stabilising this system of multi party democracy and you have earned the respect of not only Nigerians but world leaders.
Buhari has no chjoice but to recognise and confess Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as the Most Democratic President Ever.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by shift15(m): 5:44pm On May 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So you expected him to make a statement on report he has not open at all?

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by admax(m): 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
This can be summarised in Yoruba as "ò ngbè Jonathan mòrà" grin

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
Sai buhari.. thank you for saying d truth... No one hates u sir, its just d schizophrenic sycophants dat support u on Nairaland dat say jargons.. I wish u well sir and I hope u do well... I know dat no president can have his hand clean, so I m not gonno put God here....

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by superior1: 5:45pm On May 28, 2015
Buhari was just trying to be nice, Jonathan was a disaster

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by spongeisback: 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari has no chjoice but to recognise and confess Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as the Most Democratic President Ever.
Really? Get a life. After tomorrow the only place you're allowed to contribute politically is a beer palour. 2face.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Mogidi:

Another way of looking at it is that he probably didn't understand a word in the hand over notes.
grin grin grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by GJames(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
GEJ did an amazing thing. By conceding defeat, he sent a message that politics can be done without hate. I still can't figure out why his followers on Nairaland can't follow suit. All your comments about GMB are filled with hate. He is yet to step into office but tanoids have all started condeming him, blaming him for any problem in Nigeria at present, insulting him because a perceived cold reception by England's PM, giving him abusive titles like ''babaonechance'', ''baba dullard'' etc. Guys please stop the hate and give Buhari a chance. Thank you

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by chaz007(f): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Well, GEJ truly deserves commendation for conceding defeat. In 2011 election, Buhari never conceded defeat, and we all know what that singular rejection led to, so much lives and properties were lost. So, I'll say GEJ deserves some respect.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Now, you can notice the height of vulnerability of these TANoids. See them rejoicing, jumping around all the place just because Baba made a positive statement about Jonathan. What better definition suits nemesis catching up with one? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by intergral(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2015
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 28, 2015
Something you would not have done if you had losed.Bokoharam.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Changed Nigeria’s Political History – Buhari by Importguru(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2015
good one

Read The Full text of GEJ's remarks at the presentation of Handing-over notes to Buhari HERE==>>http://www.missfavour.com/2015/05/read-full-text-of-gejs-remarks-at.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018 / Adamawa Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC / IPOB Press Release On Invasion Of Ifeanyi Ejiofor's House In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.