Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians (25142 Views)

Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians, Awujale Tells Jonathan / Blessing Of Jonathan: Obas Goes Controversy / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 13, 2015
angelsing:
I listened to Koro on classic fm on the discuss by Jimi Disu where he referred to Tinubu as his former Boss...saying he was never a Tinubu's boy is what I don't understand
A former boss doesn't translate to being a boy. Obj was Atiku's former boss. Buhari was Ibb's former boss. Shagari was Ekweme's former boss. Obanikoro served as commissioner under Tinubu, it makes him BAT former subordinate but NOT BAT's boy. I have explained to those of you that refused to listen
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Isiterere(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:

1. Obanikoro has NEVER been AD Chairman
2. He was the was Deputy Chairman of NRC in the early 90s.
3. Obanikoro became Local Government Chairman of ILagos Island Local Government in the early 90s
(As at these period, Akiolu was still a policeman)
4. The issue of city hall happened when Obanikoro left as LGA Boss. As at then, it was never issue of Akiolu. That was during the Military regime.
5. Obanikoro was never TINUBU's boy. He served under Tinubu. In fact, Tinubu made use of his goodwill in 1998 Governorship election the the Island. Akiolu was no where to be found.
6. Obanikoro opted for Senate. He wasn't dashed the ticket by Tinubu. As at then, Afenifere had a split between AD and PAC. Koro, Afikuyomi and Tinubu held sway in AD, while Ganiyu Dawodu(I heard he's late now) and others formed PAC (or so). Funso Williams and others left for PDP.
7. AKIOLU was made Oba in 2003 by Tinubu's influence. People in the Island know the story.
8. I don't know where you get your story from, but the 2007 was between Koro, Agbaje and the renegade AC members on different front, and Tinubu led AC. Fashola was only a front.
9. Bode George has been political adversary of Koro since 1998 in the Island. In fact, Bode George refused to support Koro in 2007. He even boasted that Koro will never be governor. the rivalry between Koro and George is pure politics over the control of PDP. PDP has always been factionalised since the death of Williams.
10. Akiolu is an Oba, I wouldn't want to insult or denigrate him, but his beef with Koro is a front for Tinubu.

Followers of Lagos Island Politics know what is up. That's all...
Barcanista kept on sounding like a dunce day in day out; who was the Governorship candidate of Action congress in 2007?

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 13, 2015
Isiterere:

Barcanista kept on sounding like a dunce day in day out; who was the Governorship candidate of Action congress in 2007?

ALL IZZ WELL
What happened in Lagos 2007 is similar to what happened in Kano 2003 and Kwara 2011. In 2003(Kano) it was basically between GMB and Kwankwaso(incumbent) but Shekarau was GMB's candidate. In Kwara 2011 it was between Bukola Saraki and Muhammed Balgore, with Ahmed being Bukola's candidate. We should be honest....

ONE QUESTION:
What Political structure can Fashola boast of? Can you mention any LGA or Ward that is his stronghold?
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by angelsing(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
A former boss doesn't translate to being a boy. Obj was Atiku's former boss. Buhari was Ibb's former boss. Shagari was Ekweme's former boss. Obanikoro served as commissioner under Tinubu, it makes him BAT former subordinate but NOT BAT's boy. I have explained to those of you that refused to listen
Not in the context in which Koro used it, more like calling someone him Oga like he learned under him..
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by gabriel212: 10:14am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
You are distorting facts Sir.
1. Obanikoro and Tinubu only became party allies in 1998
2. In 1994, Tinubu was with SDP where he ran and won his Senate seat, Obanikoro was with NRC where his Party defeated the SDP in the Governorship election. He was even appointed by Governor Michael Otedola and was later made Deputy Chair of NRC. He was later elected Chairman of Lagos Island LG. All in NRC
3. I doubt you know Sen Tokunbo Afikuyomi. In 1998 it was Olu Falae and co that proposed Tinubu to run for Governor instead of Funso Williams to compensate him for his NADECO struggle. Tinubu was like any other person. Go read who helped Tinubu filled his form to INEC.
4. Bode George and Koro were adversary when Koro was in AD. They became more opponent when Koro moved to PDP in 2005. The battle was for the soul of PDP. Koro wants to be Governor, George wants his loyalist Hilda(after the death of Williams). Their main battle was for the soul of the Island. Again, you should read on George/Koro rivalry.
5. Obanikoro has never been a boy to Tinubu. Though kudos to Tinubu for appointing him Home Affairs Commissioner. Saying Koro is Tinubu boy is like saying Shekarau is GEJ's boy.
7. Fashola never won any "primary" in 2007. There was no primary. Tinubu only asked others to step down for his Chief of Staff. Fashola was nothing and is still nothing politically.
I thought you know LAGOS politics until YOU SAID KORO was TINUBU ally.
get your facts straight koro was the Island chairman in 1999
He was later appointed by BAT as a commisioner
Became senator under BAT in 2003
Decamped to PDP in 2006
AC conducted primary which MY MUM participated and VOTED for BRF
dont say what you dont know please.
As far as I know AMBODE will WIN this election let wait till that day and see.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Sweetlemon(f): 10:15am On Mar 13, 2015
omenka:
Let me join my comrades in calling on the president to relocate Aso Rock to the SW. Shebi when the going was good, this same dude said "igbos are the backbone of my administration". Why in devil's dungeon would he not leave the SW alone and go concentrate on his "backbone", or has he developed a spine injury that could be fixed only by political surgeons from the SW

Funny man.

grin grin grin Oh my days!

The Oba is just politely telling Jona that he doesn't want to endorse him. The same way a guy will look for excuses when he no longer wants a girl. If the Oba really wants to endorse him, he will not start dancing around excuses. After all the Alaafin and Oba of Lagos are openly APC supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Firefire(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
What happened in Lagos 2007 is similar to what happened in Kano 2003 and Kwara 2011. In 2003(Kano) it was basically between GMB and Kwankwaso(incumbent) but Shekarau was GMB's candidate. In Kwara 2011 it was between Bukola Saraki and Muhammed Balgore, with Ahmed being Bukola's candidate. We should be honest....

ONE QUESTION:
What Political structure can Fashola boast of? Can you mention any LGA or Ward that is his stronghold?

Direct answer from Fashola:- "I Don’t Know My Political Future" – Fashola

When asked what his next step in politics would be, he said, “I don’t know honestly. I do well in multitasking. I have a job to do that runs until May 2015. And up till now people haven’t stopped asking me and my government for services. My mandate expires on the 29th of May and I’m going to give my best shot until the very final hour.”

https://www.nairaland.com/1991031/dont-know-political-future-fashola

Message: Fashola is politically dunce and a personification of cluelessness

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by eleko1: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2015
Yimu.
barcanista:
Jimi will win in Lagos Island and the entire Lagos State
Alimosho that I knw inside out and Ajah wey I dey are for APC.NG are tired of the inept/useless govt.CHANGE IS IT cool SAI BUHARI,SAI AMBODE.kai kai JONA undecided angry sad

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by hotwax: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2015
fortunella:
GEJ will definitely win the election,with all the works he has done. He is someone who does not blow trumpet about his achievements but we all know that he has done a lot and his goodwill will see him through[email][/email][/b][b]

Especially the locomotive train will speak for him.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by angelsing(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2015
Firefire:

When asked what his next step in politics would be, he said, “I don’t know honestly. I do well in multitasking. I have a job to do that runs until May 2015. And up till now people haven’t stopped asking me and my government for services. My mandate expires on the 29th of May and I’m going to give my best shot until the very final hour.”

hahahahahah...is this how u judge someone to be clueless and dunce because he said he does not know his political future yet?....I stand to be corrected, have not seen any governor in this country as whole who can stand the intellect of Fashola...

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Orikinla(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2015
[size=18pt]
9 Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:

10 In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

~ From Psalm 26.

Dear President Goodluck Jonathan.
What matters most in your life today is not what you have been doing.

It is not how many times you go to church.
It is not how many times you go on pilgrimages to Jerusalem.
It is not how many times you go and kneel down before bishops and pastors.
It is not how many times you go and kneel down before Obas who are mostly cultists and ritualistic idolaters.
And it not how many times you give political bribes.
But what matters most is how many times you have visited the poor and needy and then confess the truth even if the truth condemns you and declare your assets and your assets include the BIOLOGICAL MOTHER OF YOUR CHILDREN you have been hiding from Nigerians since 1999 to date, from Bayelsa to Abuja.

You may fool the whole world
But you cannot fool God.

4. "Or do you suppose that those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them were worse culprits than all the men who live in Jerusalem?
5. "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."
◄ Luke 13:4-5 ►

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by melomelo: 10:30am On Mar 13, 2015
The Ghanaian pastor, who is the senior pastor at Wonder City Chapel, Ghana, claimed that President Jonathan will on March 28 win the presidential election once again. This pastor’s proclamation was published in a Nigerian paper and the pastor acknowledged it by also posting a copy of the story on his Facebook page as seen below:
“Nigerians should watch out for the second term of His Excellency President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Although it looks very challenging with him and his ruling party now, yet the Lord says Nigerians shouldn’t lose hope in Jonathan.
As long as I’m concerned as a man gifted by God to see the past, the current and the future beyond the curtains of the natural, I know by the inspiration of the Almighty that President Jonathan is the set man for Nigeria. His next term on the seat will bring liberation to Nigeria.
Winners Chapel Pastor also said
…It will bring hope to hopeless situations in Nigeria. On this account I therefore declare that HE Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will win the coming elections.”
GOD HAS SPOKEN
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by eleko1: 10:32am On Mar 13, 2015
Nah so we see am oooo.Dem don infested him brain/blood with clueless wink grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin embarassed
Isiterere:

ALL IZZ WELL
Bia,free the BARMAN biko embarassed angry angry embarassed cool cheesy

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 13, 2015
gabriel212:

I thought you know LAGOS politics until YOU SAID KORO was TINUBU ally.
get your facts straight koro was the Island chairman in 1999
He was later appointed by BAT as a commisioner
Became senator under BAT in 2003
Decamped to PDP in 2006
AC conducted primary which MY MUM participated and VOTED for BRF
dont say what you dont know please.
As far as I know AMBODE will WIN this election let wait till that day and see.
Oga, please get your FACT right!
1. Obanikoro was Chairman of Lagos Island Local Government, from March 1997 to July, 1998. He waon under NRC.

2. Obanikoro became Commissioner of Home Affairs between 1999-2003

3. Obanikoro was then Senator and the rest is story.

4. Obanikoro defected to PDP in Oct, 2004

5. The AC primaries in lagos was a farce. Your mom should be honest with you.

6. Ambode will lose woefully.

I reastate that Koro was an ally/associate with Tinubu and NOT boy
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by 1stola: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2015
THANK GOD WE STILL HAVE FEW LEADERS LIKE THIS OBA IN THIS COUNTRY.
IT'S UNFORTUNATE BECAUSE MOST OF OUR LEADERS ARE CORRUPT OLD FO0LS.
THE YOUNG GENERATION SHOULD EMULATE THIS MAN.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Oiselenjakhian(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2015
Hello I am a web developer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. Please visit it and subscribe by email to receive updates when we launch.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2015
Firefire:

Thank you. It is funny how APC e-Fans think that a Fashola that cannot win a ward on his own suddenly becomes a political heavyweight

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by eleko1: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2015
Wic GOd yaf spoken?GOD isn't a CORRUPT GOD.GOD CANNOT be bribe.Those Pastor won't decided for us.WE'LL MARCH BUHARI TO ASO ROCK.Just wait and see
melomelo:
The Ghanaian pastor, who is the senior pastor at Wonder City Chapel, Ghana, claimed that President Jonathan will on March 28 win the presidential election once again. This pastor’s proclamation was published in a Nigerian paper and the pastor acknowledged it by also posting a copy of the story on his Facebook page as seen below:
“Nigerians should watch out for the second term of His Excellency President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Although it looks very challenging with him and his ruling party now, yet the Lord says Nigerians shouldn’t lose hope in Jonathan.
As long as I’m concerned as a man gifted by God to see the past, the current and the future beyond the curtains of the natural, I know by the inspiration of the Almighty that President Jonathan is the set man for Nigeria. His next term on the seat will bring liberation to Nigeria.
Winners Chapel Pastor also said
…It will bring hope to hopeless situations in Nigeria. On this account I therefore declare that HE Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will win the coming elections.”
GOD HAS SPOKEN
undecided

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Firefire(m): 10:41am On Mar 13, 2015
angelsing:
hahahahahah...is this how u judge someone to be clueless and dunce because he said he does not know his political future yet?....I stand to be corrected, have not seen any governor in this country as whole who can stand the intellect of Fashola...

barcanista:
It is funny how you APC e-Fans think that a Fashola that cannot win a ward on his own suddenly becomes a political heavyweight

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by kayboy4y(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2015
blakky97:

to tell the truth, I love yoruba people.
served in the west
living in lag
ive lived in the 4 cardinal points of naija
yorubas stand out.

Hnstly!

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by IYANGBALI: 10:49am On Mar 13, 2015
Meaning GEJ you are on your own{oyo} lobatan,ito tan lenu,owo jona,PDP je gbese grin
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by munex007(m): 10:52am On Mar 13, 2015
Take a bow..Thanks for taking that bird to the cleaners

Mynd44:

LMAO....you don't know so don't argue this. It is weird that people have no idea what's happening before the type. Oba Akinolu's issue with Koro has started since Koro was a Chairman in the AD.

Obanikoro was not always an adversary of Tinubu dude (You really don't know much of Lagos politics) in fact he used to be Tinubu's boy which seems to be why he keeps getting ruffled by Tinubu. He just wanted more than the Party was willing to give so he left. Remember he was a senator in the AD? How was he an adversary then?

Amusing how Obanikoro the person alleged to have started a fire in his office which led to the burning of city hall (A story Bode George brought up in January so this ain't beer parlour gossip) is not the PDP's point man in Lagos.

But Tinubu did not contest in the 2007 elections did he? He was an outgoing governor, Fashola was the party's candidate who was duly elected at the primary unlike Obanikoro who rigged his way in. Hilda Williams won the Primary, she was declared the winner only for the PDP national headquarters to announce that Obanikoro wil be their candidate.

I doubt you will remember and acknowledge that the PDP in Lagos has been synonynous with fraud and electoral malpractice. The evidence is even in the last PDP primary.

I just sit back and LMAO when folks say they know and understand Lagos politics when they don't know where ot starts.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Between Feb14th and March 14th, Jonathan has visited Yorubaland six times!

Lol....fire dey burn Jonathan! He has suddenly come to the cognition that those he marginalized are afterall the kingmakers of Nigeria and without their endorsement he stands no chance of victory.

First, the Obas in Egbaland told him to stop calling them to unecessary and unproductive meetings.

Second, the Muslim body in Yorubaland told him they dont need his bribe and its a waste of his time and theirs to invite them to a unproductive meeting.

Now Awujale has told him he is wasting his time paying visits to Obas in Ijebuland, and Yorubaland generally. Go and face the people with your accountability, dont bring your message to Obas, go tell it to the people you ruled for 6years.

There is two weeks to election....Jonathan is confused!

He should go to North, the Emirs might accept his message and help him in their domain.....make sure to take Patience Faka along to greet "troway shildren" along the streets.

He doesn't have to worry about Ezes in the East, they are already bought and in his pocket....there is no negotiation about whether or not they will deliver....their choice is already purchased!

if I talk now @standd would be upset and I don't want to upset my baby..

Okay you idiott let me explain to you... it's your type who will go behind and collect money you two faced bastard!!!!
What concerns igbos with this rubbish?

If so called igbos chiefs collect money does that mean they would vote for the clueless one?

How uneducated you are, you see from my experience it's the loudest opposition that usually cave in under the slightest pressure.
I agree with what the Oba said he is a wise man, but does that give you the right to bring igbos into your nonsensical write up?

You are are a beast with no home.training, it's your type that give Yorubas a bad name you bastard!!!
Better learn to think so your useless father doesn't feel he failed at raising you

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Laid2001: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2015
Did Buhari go abeging at the Palace!

anneedu:
I wonder why all this APC supporters won't read an article before commenting rather they only read the headline and go straight for comment, the oba said what he will also tell buhari, he said nothing wrong and he's not in support of any candidate.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by macof(m): 10:58am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Kabiyesi Sir, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has been campaigning for Ambode in Lagos.
He said, “In Ijebu here, it is not possible
for any Oba, not even only in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say
vote for this, vote for that; that person is
looking for
trouble.

Oba Adeyemi of Oyo has also been campaigning for Apc
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Bimpe29: 11:04am On Mar 13, 2015
Oba Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Land has spoken, though he did not canvass for any candidate but he has dropped the hint required of the right thinking & patriotic electorates. A word is enough for the wise. See the light and find the way.
Looking forward to a more prosperous Nigeria come May 29, 2015.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by munex007(m): 11:06am On Mar 13, 2015
We are TRYING to improve our terminal buildings and security environment in our airports.

Always trying

A Govt that drains our collective wealth, just to advertise 6yrs achievements. SHOULDN'T IT BE VISIBLE?
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by mutazeez(m): 11:08am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
I actually understand politics and that of the Island. I don't remember where and where Obanikoro had beef with Akiolu save his recent displeasure over Akiolu's involvement on who succeeds Fashola. Akiolu has been a perpetual ally of Bola Tinubu, Obanikoro has been a perpetual political adversary of Tinubu. In fact, Akiolu endorsed Ambode even before Ambode declared for Governor. That is to tell you whats up! I tell you that Oba will lose his ward... This is not 2007, many factors aren't working for APC anymore.

By the way, 2007 was between Tinubu and Koro(PDP) and Agbaje (DPA), and not Fashola and the aforementioned. Fashola would have lost woefully if he was in a different platform. He has no political clout... As for Tinubu, so many things aren't wprking for him anymore. It is not by propaganda... JK will send him packing. Remember Fayemi tragedy

If i hear say JK see draw. A+ 4 Lagos.
Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by sexyfatima: 11:09am On Mar 13, 2015
GEJ is a man of hez words,lez jst b realistic GEJ has done more than expected and ready to do more.within dz few stay in asorock definitely d diffrnce iz clear.atleast railway z back,importation haz reduced we now produce domestically thereby encouraging employmnt,Ghost wokers reduced tangibly,he made sure fedra university is in every state.dat means if we vote for GEJ our country nigeria will definitely experience change nd peace.nd lots more.GEJ till 2019.
barcanista:
Kabiyesi Sir, Oba Rilwan Akiolu has been campaigning for Ambode in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by isan(m): 11:11am On Mar 13, 2015
Dat's my oba grin

1 Like

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 13, 2015
sexyfatima:
GEJ is a man of hez words,lez jst b realistic GEJ has done more than expected and ready to do more.within dz few stay in asorock definitely d diffrnce iz clear.atleast railway z back,importation haz reduced we now produce domestically thereby encouraging employmnt,Ghost wokers reduced tangibly,he made sure fedra university is in every state.dat means if we vote for GEJ our country nigeria will definitely experience change nd peace.nd lots more.GEJ till 2019.
Most importantly, APC have nothing good to offer

2 Likes

Re: Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians by NovusHomo(m): 11:33am On Mar 13, 2015
Finally, some sanity in a world of "stomach infrastructure".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abel Ifemi: From Hotel Waiter To Special Assistant To A Governor / DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate / Army, Gunmen Clash In Abia Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.