Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? (2858 Views)

Ladies Why Is Your Pu**y Always Dark,even Though You Are Light?enlighten Me Pls / Ladies, Why Do Y'all Have Stretch Mark On Your Buttocks? / To The Ladies... Why Do You Have Boyfriends??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2015
I have seen some dudes complain on here about monosyllabic replies from a lady they chat with and also have interest to date but this is my first experience. I was at a wedding when I spotted this damsel but because of her role on that glorious day, I couldn't chat her up but we had loads of eye contact.

On thanks giving day, I approached the bride and got her number. Next I called and introduced myself and also sent her my pic when she couldn't recall whom she was talking to. All seemed well and in just 3 days of chat she started replying with monosyllables angry angry angry I tried to endure it man, it was really irritating me so I had ask her why respond in such manner and that she is bigger than that and more intelligent but why she would reply with monosyllables as if she is unhappy for undisclosed reasons or am I bugging her?

She flared up next minutes and for the first time wrote more than one word in her reply. She asked me what's my business to how she responds and that I am more manner-less than she thought. CAN you imagine? embarassed

This is someone I had good intentions towards and her friend(the bride) knows me very well and the content of my character. She was a bit elated when I requested for the phone number an queried why I didn't talk to her on the wedding day. I told the babe was busy that day and I don't like interrupting people. It's just my nature.

Though in between those times I called, she agreed to meet my during the election break from school. She is in her final year.

Ladies, what are your reasons for responding with monosyllables wherein a phrase or sentence could have made things much easier?

Guys, how do you handle such girls? Do you push on or just let her be?

This whole thing happened less than a week of meeting her.
Please, matured response. I do not want my thread turned into personal vendetta and mud slinging carried over from another thread. Whoever tries it may regret my actions

Thank you.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Beamborla(f): 1:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
She does not like you... or you bug her a lot.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
K
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2015
Beamborla:
She does not like you... or you bug her a lot.
Okay... we go know how far soon.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dimples192:
K
for kim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
for kim
Na
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dimples192:

Na
for Nanny

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
for Nanny
K
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Dimples192:

K
Oloshi grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
U
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

*falls from iroko tree

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Bro, you're boring as fvck.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
Blackett:
thank u
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
thank u
You're welcome.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Blackett:
You're welcome.
Anytime Buddy.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by sweetbaby22(f): 2:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
Blackett:

grin wink
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Girltee1(f): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2015
Blackett:
You're welcome.
This guy is craygrin
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2015
When you bug me a lot or you are as boring as hell! Then you will start getting weird replies from me whenever we chat
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by bolliejay(m): 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:

No wonder she was rude to you undecided
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
bolliejay:

No wonder she was rude to you undecided
yeah right
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by theorbiters: 3:08pm On Mar 13, 2015
A lady can only show as much interest in you as much as she knows you. There are always guys after her everyday and most times it cud be irritating. The little she knows about you may not tell everything about you besides, if u wanna get a lady to converse well with you, try meeting her in person first before chatting on any social platform.
They can't juss converse with you when they don't know if you are a serial killer or not
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2015
rubey:
When you bug me a lot or you are as boring as hell! Then you will start getting weird replies from me whenever we chat
Thank so much for this reply. I appreciate it.

Now, here is the funny thing. I have changed drastically over the years. I am really not somone who bugs a lady with too much call and sms. Those are my past years. As a matter of fact, my last 2 relationships ended because I DONT call or communicate as often as its required.

Then why is this girl's case different? I felt since we are just getting to know each other, it's my way of familiarizing myself with her. Hence the frequent chat.

Sincerely, a friend from here has warned me that the way I tell ladies to get out my life is very wrong as I can't tolerate them and it could lead to me missing the right girl.

Just few minutes ago, my elder bro was asking about her and how we are getting along. I told him what happened. He is even rather angry with me. Why? My tolerance level for ladies is almost zero.

This also means that If i decide to stay away from this said chic for a whole year or more with no calls or sms, it would be a piece of cake. I have done that a lot of times. But for sake of warnings from people around me who care , I am trying to make adjustment and hence the frequent chat.

There was case where I had to just move on and never talked to a lady for 1 and half year. The day I called she was even thanking me for calling. Just last month. A Girl from a relationship I ended asking if i had been in town all this while. I told her yes I have.

Her reply was that I am heartless cos I never bothered to call or communicate in whatever form.

I saw her off and promised to call her but never did. She rang me last week or there about, my phone was in my hand but I never picked it or returned the call.

So, Rubey, giving a lady space isn't a problem for me. If you know me personally, you would feel concerned like my closer folks.

I am just trying to be a bit accommodating hence the chats and communication.

I really like this lady and I wanna make things right. I should give her some space right?

In my bid to do right I lost myself and messed things up.

Do you know how I can resolve this?
Thanks once again.

P.S; She even blocked my number cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Frankenstein: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
Use a picture of you in a Ferrari or a Bugatti as your profile picture and her response will change.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
theorbiters:
A lady can only show as much interest in you as much as she knows you. There are always guys after her everyday and most times it cud be irritating. The little she knows about you may not tell everything about you besides, if u wanna get a lady to converse well with you, try meeting her in person first before chatting on any social platform.
They can't juss converse with you when they don't know if you are a serial killer or not
Thanks man. She was really free in the first few days and responded well. So I guess fault is from me.

She even agreed to meet me dury her holidays. Which I believe is fair enough.

I messed up sad

how do I resolve this bro?
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
OP ask for her bank account # and see if she go reply u in monosyllable grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 13, 2015
lefulefu:
OP ask for her bank account # and see if she go reply u in monosyllable grin
I will invite her to my house warming in a few months time cheesy
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by theorbiters: 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
Thanks man. She was really free in the first few days and responded well. So I guess fault is from me.

She even agreed to meet me dury her holidays. Which I believe is fair enough.

I messed up sad

how do I resolve this bro?

If she has agreed to meet you during the holls, then it might be a good thing bro, but make sure you meet her when she's relaxed. When a lady is in a hurry to go somewhere else, she may not afford you that space and atmosphere you need to get her interested in you.

After that, make her comfortable. The idea is to make her feel free to talk with you and you listen rather you doing the whole talking.
Pay her compliments, don't let your emotions speak for you rather be firm, resolute abd be in control. Ask questions. Allow room for jokes. Tease her, talk about her like you are so interested in knowing everything yet control the pace. Take a walk if possible. Be yourself.

The idea is to get her to feel free.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by tosyne2much(m): 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2015
I know so many boring ladies would blame it on mood or the guy... The point is, no matter how lively you are, you would still come across those boring ladies who would make you feel like you dont even know how to chat

Many of them dont like to stress their brain

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 13, 2015
theorbiters:

If she has agreed to meet you during the holls, then it might be a good thing bro, but make sure you meet her when she's relaxed. When a lady is in a hurry to go somewhere else, she may not afford you that space and atmosphere you need to get her interested in you.

After that, make her comfortable. The idea is to make her feel free to talk with you and you listen rather you doing the whole talking.
Pay her compliments, don't let your emotions speak for you rather be firm, resolute abd be in control. Ask questions. Allow room for jokes. Tease her, talk about her like you are so interested in knowing everything yet control the pace. Take a walk if possible. Be yourself.

The idea is to get her to feel free.
thanks man. I will reduce the communication until we have met. Though she has blocked my number, I sent an sms to express my fault and remorse but never said I am sorry for sake of my dignity.

Since she has blocked me now due to what happened, do you feel it can be resolved and I get her back?

My bro always blame me cos he feels I am too proud around ladies due to my intolerance for the weird shortcomings.

He does not understand that resolves is due to pyschological problem emanating from a heart break I had years ago and as such I have often tell a girl to get out of my life with slight errors here and there. Bad, right? I guess so.

That brings me to another question due to the way my elder bro has been blaming me and accusing me of being too proud.

How much should a man tolerate a lady? How much of her shiiitts should he take just because he wanna date her or just because he loves her? You and I know that ladies are confusing species... You can barely understand them.

I know my past experience has negative pyschological effect on me and I don't wanna make mistake by dwelling on it and as such, it a girl mess up, I can tell her to get lost. It doesn't even matter if we had sex or not cos that's not important to me.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
tosyne2much:
I know so many boring ladies would blame it on mood or the guy... The point is, no matter how lively you are, you would still come across those boring ladies who would make you feel like you dont even know how to chat

Many of them dont like to stress their brain
lol... Typical of the average Naija babe. Your head is there. Chop knuckle abeg.

I even asked her if everything was okay with her at school before I asked her that question.
Re: Ladies Why The Monosyllables ? by tosyne2much(m): 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
creamydude:
lol... Typical of the average Naija babe. Your head is there. Chop knuckle abeg.

I even asked her if everything was okay with her at school before I asked her that question.
See as dem wan tear you to pieces

You dont have to become Basket mouth before you become a lively chatter

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Dumped Me, Now She Wants Me Back After Two Years / Just One Word. / 5 Reasons Why Introverts Should Date Extroverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.