Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC (39613 Views)

Dying To Be Thin: Thousands Petition Youtube To Ban Anorexic Vlogger / Does ALABUKUN, 7up And LIME Work For Abortion? / Found Broom Sticks In The Bottle Of 7up (VISUALS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by ogaju007(m): 1:37am On Mar 15, 2015
Hey you can't sue them as the content has not caused you any harm nor have you consumed it. Best way forward is to go to their office and tell them your cousin wants to put the picture on FB tweeter instagram and all sorts and trust me, they will give you something reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by amunekeuto: 2:01am On Mar 15, 2015
can you trace the bottle to 7up? What damage did you suffer from the bottle?pls collect the 4 crates asap. i even doubt that any salea van will offer you anything.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Revolva(m): 3:20am On Mar 15, 2015
grin grin this look fake to me...in the first place how will a cockroach enter a soft drink even in the factory they will observe it..n remove that bottle...it seems ur cousin..formed it jare,,,,,
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by emonye6(m): 3:46am On Mar 15, 2015
I work at 7up oregun plant Ikeja,don't tink I hav Eva seen corcroach in the plant .If u say fly or mosquito I might believe.but though notin is impossible ,but d EBI (empty bottle inspector )would have detected or even the sighters .....guy just open d cork and pour out d drink,going to court is meaningless,cos even nafdac dey enter dia weekly n no negative reports against dem.the compound is highly fumigated monthly so it is no mans fault

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by gbeseun(m): 3:58am On Mar 15, 2015
emonye6:
I work at 7up oregun plant Ikeja,don't tink I hav Eva seen corcroach in the plant .If u say fly or mosquito I might believe.but though notin is impossible ,but d EBI (empty bottle inspector )would have detected or even the sighters .....guy just open d cork and pour out d drink,going to court is meaningless,cos even nafdac dey enter dia weekly n no negative reports against dem.the compound is highly fumigated monthly so it is no mans fault
God bless u for Ur comment
I suspected foul play immediately I saw d bottle turned upside down,remember there are adulterated drinks now in d market which d regulator cannot hound down for now,d D's bottle passe through washer with high revolution caustic which will easily flush and wash the bottle clean,d cockroach na witch ,he do die,so how will it pass through ebi is my question,and after filling at the filler how will the check at allow it to go without checking,all these tricks can't help our youth,get a life dude and break d bottle or better still go ahead and u will regret when u come back from court.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by mya1: 4:08am On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:
hmmmm,well thanks pals for ur advices. One thing i know certainly is dat dis company wouldn't want NAFDAC to get hold of d bottle cos it means heavy fine n maybe even suspension for them. Note that d batch code is still written bodly on d bottle, Please u guys saying we will just waste money on this case are wrong cos we plan taking up d services of a human rights activist lawyer who is ready to protect individuals without paying a dine. I don't av to take d drink den cause am to me bfre suing dem, or can a dead man sue?

As a trained microbiologist,and having worked at a similar drink producing firm bfre (Nigerian Brewery), for industrial attachment, i can assure that all d products produced in dat batch is highly contaminated with various pathogenic bacteria cos of d poor quality control measures during production..

Your're smart especially regarding the emboldened.

I guess they would try to negotiate with you to settle out of court but most importantly not have this publicised or reported to the high power(NAFDAC).
Therefore, I wouldn't advice that this be swept under the rug.The company has a duty of ensuring consumer safety and have failed in this regard!I know you're doing it for the money but it would be worth encouraging quality assurance so you should follow up the case.

I'm tired of Nigerians not living up to their rights!Keeping mum about every wrong under the guise of the phrase "This is Nigeria".
You have to earn a better country if you want it and that begins with an action!

2 Likes

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 4:29am On Mar 15, 2015
I swear,the comment above are really enlightening!I never knew i had so many learned colleagues on nairaland..To the issue at hand and speaking as a legal practitioner,I must say that the op's case is a good and bad one!/ood in the sense that u wud av stood a better chance maybe in U.S or U.K.In this Nigeria?bros pls go and collect the four crates sharp sharp..am supposed to say "let's sue them,this is negligence,breach of duty of care..bla bla bla!well, am being a good Nigerian by asking u to mind your life!litigation in ,Nigeria is for the rich!You even said u were adviced to threathen them with the fact that the pic wud go viral on social networks!I pity u big time!just face ur life eh!cos u don't have a good case.a lawyer taking this case up just wants to suck u dry or get cheap publicity

!Be adviced!
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Revolva:
grin grin this look fake to me...in the first place how will a cockroach enter a soft drink even in the factory they will observe it..n remove that bottle...it seems ur cousin..formed it jare,,,,,
An aggrieved unpaid worker could have deliberately overlooked it.

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Diamondpicture(m): 5:15am On Mar 15, 2015
Guy you may end up in prison for been in possession of fake 7 up everything is possible, don't put your hope there it is very dangerous
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by morounkeji18(m): 5:25am On Mar 15, 2015
Bro abeg since na 7up no. Waste ur time like dey said dats negligence on ur part cos d bottle is trnsparent if it were to b coke den u cn sue nd win cos d bottle is dark. In business term. #ceavate emptor# meaning let. D buyer beware

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by adorablepepple(f): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2015
to start with you have a good case, but I will advise you to get a good lawyer, when I mean good lawyer I mean a very good lawyer who will negotiate well on your behalf, if he sends 7up company a letter with pictures of the evidence, am sure the would want a meeting with you n your lawyer and will want to settle out of court, settling out of court will be the best because you can name your price and you won't need to parade the court as our judicial process takes lot of time n energy!! don't be greedy if they want u to settle out of Court grab that opportunity n negotiate with them.......
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Steph7u: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2015

tanks bro.. but judgement can never be in dre favour wen we av d bottle with us as a clear evidence
at the law court, you should prepare to tell them when you started this business of making dubious money off companies as they have bn looking for people like you, who produce fake products like this at d corner of their room. The case may linger for about three years and in the end, u may be asked to pay d company for defamation of character!
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by NetBizguy: 6:25am On Mar 15, 2015
Can we do this together?, I will tell you how to resolve the case, if you involve a lawyer they will buy him over and pay you nothing, call me but my percentage is 50% at least 5m naira is the target. you will get the money cash before you remit the bottle to them, and if possible close this thread because security NAFDAC can contact you from here and as you said the damage might become a story. call me on 07064855603
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Ejiketg: 6:31am On Mar 15, 2015
Bros ur best option is to bring it to the attention of Seven Bottling Co and see if dey can settle you jst to keep their goodwill....but u don't have a cause of action under Nigerian Law. For u to be liable to damages u must have drank d seven up in question and u suffered an injury as a result of drinking d seven up....trust me proving that it is the seven dat caused the injury in court is a very long tin.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by nnamdiosu(m): 6:32am On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:
Hi pals, I purposely opened a new acct for this cos of d sensitivity. Please i need ur candid advice on this issue.

A cousin of mine got a crate of soft drinks and found out dat one of d 7up has a very big COCKROACH corked inside.

He showed it to a Pepsi distributing van, he was begged to give dem the bottle and give him about four crates in return.

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure.

Maybe by threatening to sue them to court for improper Good house keeping (GHK) during production and total disregard for consumer health safety by getting d services of a lawyer who will first write them of d situation or report to NAFDAC (last option though cos dis means making money for corrupt politicians to steal ,cos we know NAFDAC can't fine them for nothing less than several millions of naira).

As anyone ever done dis n got good money from this companies or gat advices to give.

NOTE:: pls don't castigate us, since d govt cant help us,we av to utilize d slightest opportunity to hit big time.

shebi u dey find cheap money for compensation abi? Dont worry continue. hope say u never forget say na Nigeria we dey sha where anything can happen and court cases are won MOST TIMES by the party that has MORE MONEY. instead of u too jeje collect ur free four crates of mineral and sell it on OLX you are waiting for free MONEY AND LETTER OF APOLOGY FROM THE ASSOCIATION OF COCKROACHES NOT TO ENTER UR 7UP AGAIN. by the time you go court and Nigerian bottling company starts sharing free
7up to the judges and lawyers even your own defending counsel (lawyer) go collect his own share then you will remember this post on nairaland and wished u listen. on a more serious note sha.....lock up for compensation. don't be another saro wiwa and ogoni 7(up). FOUR CRATES OF 7UP AT HAND IS WORTH 4 MILLION IN THE BUSH.(READ BETWEEN THE LINES)
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by TruthisOut: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2015
You need to report this to NAFDAC, CPC (consumer protection council) etc. This is a serious hazard to public health and safety. If the companies cannot hygienically bottle a drink then they should shut down. A Nigerian life you save is more important than the millions they will pay you to cover it up. Take a tour of their facility here in Nigeria and the one in USA and you see the injustice. Are we not paying the full price for the drink?!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Yehman(m): 6:34am On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:
Hi pals, I purposely opened a new acct for this cos of d sensitivity. Please i need ur candid advice on this issue.

A cousin of mine got a crate of soft drinks and found out dat one of d 7up has a very big COCKROACH corked inside.

He showed it to a Pepsi distributing van, he was begged to give dem the bottle and give him about four crates in return.

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure.

Maybe by threatening to sue them to court for improper Good house keeping (GHK) during production and total disregard for consumer health safety by getting d services of a lawyer who will first write them of d situation or report to NAFDAC (last option though cos dis means making money for corrupt politicians to steal ,cos we know NAFDAC can't fine them for nothing less than several millions of naira).

As anyone ever done dis n got good money from this companies or gat advices to give.

NOTE:: pls don't castigate us, since d govt cant help us,we av to utilize d slightest opportunity to hit big time.
NA to go learn jazz and make millions like u too grin
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by hertheytheydgee(m): 7:04am On Mar 15, 2015

tanks bro.. but judgement can never be in dre favour wen we av d bottle with us as a clear evidence
that's similar to what happened in the case of DONOGUE V STEVENSON(see the case please, search online). Sue them please, the company owes ultimate consumers duty of care. Which they fail to exhibit in your own case. Sue them and claim unliquidated damages. It would have been tougher for them if someone was injured as a result.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 15, 2015
Damianobi:
Bro jst pour away d drink nd return d bottle jejely, cus if u sue, na u go run later. I wonder how u go take sue dis kind company and still win, u wan use jazz
jazz ma no go work here
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Apollux(m): 7:18am On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure. Don't waste ur time, strength n resources, u won't win. Many have tried such cases but have never won. If u know a sincere lawyer, ask him to tell u d truth. If he did, wat he will tell u will shock u. So just forget about it

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by docayo: 7:23am On Mar 15, 2015
It may not be very easy to get money out of them. I've been in that position before and contacted about three lawyer friends. They were unanimous with their advice that I may not get anything at the end of the day as I've the burden to prove how the drink affected my health negatively since I had not opened it. And if I open it, I had to prove I didn't drop it in there. The only thing I can try to prove is that the sight of it affected me psychologically which is easier done in Western countries. But they advised I negotiate with them rather than sue.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Ribaman(m): 7:26am On Mar 15, 2015
Sue them,Dude!
What are you waiting for?
Ever heard of a case called Donoghue vs Stevenson?
Sue them, for a big sum, and they'd ask for an out of court settlement.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by NMotorwerks: 7:28am On Mar 15, 2015
You cannot sue this company, your motive of making money out of this is wrong, your focus should be on quality improvement not extortion. No injury has been done to you as well because you are yet to consume the drink, therefore you cannot sue and win on that ground. The only way 7Up will give you money could be to avert negative publicity.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 15, 2015
ronky2000:
Dnt sue dem,first plan to meet with any of d managers,I hav dat had similar issue with a company nd d comp invited him over nd gave him good money nd also employed him,cos he was asked wat he wanted tooo,nd til nw he's doin fine lik 4years ther now,so tink wise,I dnt trust nig lawyers,U̶̲̥̅̊ wil b frustrated sef,wen d judg keeps adjournin d case,nd U̶̲̥̅̊ wil hv to pay ur lawyer each time U̶̲̥̅̊ appear in court.a word is enof.
any thing done with love last longer than things with hatredness
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by lifenajeje(m): 7:41am On Mar 15, 2015
Lol.....ignorance of the law is not an excuse you for jeje collect ur four crates of 7 up.....am not a lawyer but this is the case before you if I can remember my business law class of 1999.... You did not suffer shock, injury or emotional distress from using the product.. It is still corked. But your lawyer's argument would be if u had decided to drink it the dark with no light trusting 7up products u may have suffered shock,injury or emotional stress and the rest. Its a fifty fifty chance here winning the case of which if you win 7 up will compensate you...but if you don't you would pay your lawyer his fees you will pay for seven up legal fees and might get sued by the company....the suer becomes the sued ....u don't need human rights lawyer .all you need is a good civil lawyer...nobody will kill you....meet a good lawyer and he will enlighten you more so u would know if you have a case or not.law is very tricky... Wish you the best
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 15, 2015
@dsauce, If any lawyer tells you that you have a case, sue the lawyer instead.

Why don't you try money ritual? Your access to easy money is guaranteed
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 7:46am On Mar 15, 2015
lifenajeje:
Lol.....ignorance of the law is not an excuse you for jeje collect ur four crates of 7 up.....am not a lawyer but this is the case before you if I can remember my business law class of 1999.... You did not suffer shock, injury or emotional distress from using the product.. It is still corked. [b]But your lawyer's argument would be if u had decided to drink it the dark with no light trusting 7up products u may have suffered shock,injury or emotional stress and the res[/b]t. Its a fifty fifty chance here winning the case of which if you win 7 up will compensate you...but if you don't you would pay your lawyer his fees you will pay for seven up legal fees and might get sued by the company....the suer becomes the sued ....u don't need human rights lawyer .all you need is a good civil lawyer...nobody will kill you....meet a good lawyer and he will enlighten you more so u would know if you have a case or not.law is very tricky... Wish you the best

But he didn't

Tort of negligence of this type is not a case of if
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by lifenajeje(m): 7:49am On Mar 15, 2015
morounkeji18:
Bro abeg since na 7up no. Waste ur time like dey said dats negligence on ur part cos d bottle is trnsparent if it were to b coke den u cn sue nd win cos d bottle is dark. In business term. #ceavate emptor# meaning let. D buyer beware
............,,,,,,,,, this is your responsibility you as a buyer have to be beware of products you buy....go seek legal advice now and stop wasting data
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2015
docayo:
It may not be very easy to get money out of them. I've been in that position before and contacted about three lawyer friends. They were unanimous with their advice that I may not get anything at the end of the day as I've the burden to prove how the drink affected my health negatively since I had not opened it. And if I open it, I had to prove I didn't drop it in there. The[b] only thing I can try to prove is that the sight of it affected me psychologically which is easier done in Western countries[/b]. But they advised I negotiate with them rather than sue.

Maybe in America. In other western stresses especially in UK, you have no case.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Kirinwa: 7:52am On Mar 15, 2015

dats y we are calling for advices o, if dey can pay a good amount of money to be demanded by us den we will not petition NAFDAC ,nor go to court,wch am sure dey wouldn't want cos it may completely ruin dem

Op you may be educated but education doesn't guarantee common sense. Why would you come public and tell us your motive is for financial gain and not your concern about the health implications of millions of Nigerians who are unlucky to drink it. Are you aware that other bottles are also affected albeit not carrying cockroach? This is because they were all mixed in the same container and the harmful microbial contents would have found itself distributed in all bottles while the 'unlucky' bottle got the lion share.

Even in warfare some battles are lost by propaganda. You don't go telling your enemies how you have tanks, RPgs and rocket launchers coming through the eastern borders. Be sure to find bigger weapons at that axis welcoming you.

Last Bullet: Blackmail is a purnishable offence too. Many in prisons are there cos of similar things. Don't be roped into something that can consume you.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by AndreRose(f): 8:01am On Mar 15, 2015
nwadiuko1:
in this context the guy being a trader must have lost the goodwill of his customers who saw the bottle......I think that should pass as damage
The trader is not the producer. The customers knows that such thing can only be done by the company and not the trader. Besides when the customer sees it he will tell the trader Who will in turn collect that one and give the customer another one condemning the producers for a bad work in front of the customer and later on will take it to the producer or wholesalers.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by isick(m): 8:04am On Mar 15, 2015
dsauce:

Dear op, don't bother yourself with anytin, the highest you can get is a crate or two from them, even if you sue them! Forget monetary compensation, Peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Home Remedy To Treat Mouth Odour / In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / Tony Ezenna Is Alive, Not Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.