Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC (39625 Views)

Dying To Be Thin: Thousands Petition Youtube To Ban Anorexic Vlogger / Does ALABUKUN, 7up And LIME Work For Abortion? / Found Broom Sticks In The Bottle Of 7up (VISUALS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
dsauce:
Hi pals, I purposely opened a new acct for this cos of d sensitivity. Please i need ur candid advice on this issue.

A cousin of mine got a crate of soft drinks and found out dat one of d 7up has a very big COCKROACH corked inside.

He showed it to a Pepsi distributing van, he was begged to give dem the bottle and give him about four crates in return.

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure.

Maybe by threatening to sue them to court for improper Good house keeping (GHK) during production and total disregard for consumer health safety by getting d services of a lawyer who will first write them of d situation or report to NAFDAC (last option though cos dis means making money for corrupt politicians to steal ,cos we know NAFDAC can't fine them for nothing less than several millions of naira).

As anyone ever done dis n got good money from this companies or gat advices to give.

NOTE:: pls don't castigate us, since d govt cant help us,we av to utilize d slightest opportunity to hit big time.

Forget about it bruv.

Your problem is double.

You can't sue them unless you actually drank the drink and hence you can sue them for causing risk to your health. But the problem is that you can't prove that it wasn't you who put the cockroach in there.

Even if you want to sue them right now, what will be your reason? You didn't drink it and it is still unopened. All that they will say is that you bought a fake bottle of 7up. Also even if they admit it is from their company, all they will do is replace your cockroach bottle.

Sorry bruv. Payday isn't coming to you. Toss that bottle or return it back to the seller and hope they refund your money.

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Dahjhi: 10:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
chrisviral:

Make I go delete am sharp ooo
better n stop using the language you don't know.. Be gud
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by freshdude99(m): 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
Akkord4gov:
When u are planning any legal action,plan d way ur life will be safe too.I fear Nigerians
Tell dat opportunist o. Him never hear before say FDI and foreigners alike are more important to Nigerian govt than their citizens. Just thread carefully else u and ur education go just waste before the very eyes of ur family. Browse ur internet, there's been a case like that in the USA, I took years and millions of dollars to get dat judgment in their favor. Remember we were not told wat happened back stage
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Jaynim(m): 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
Donohue v. Stevenson

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Realist2: 10:42pm On Mar 14, 2015
[quote
author=tajay12 post=31624099] listen up man..jux get a gud lawyer nd
sue them they will be begging u wit 10million naira. I wish it was
me.[/quote]
see my case involving star beer
pix below
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Jeneral4: 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
Haerodil
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by VickyRotex(f): 10:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
capsule:
Take a snap shot of the bottle...go meet them...cut a deal...u can land yaself a job + cash with dat...dnt go to court...they will end up buying ur lawyer...u spend ur cash too...and may likely turn against u......with the right amount of money, even your brother can assassinate you...dnt send urself to an early desolate grave...

Thumbs up. Great advice...

But that job part, if am in his shoes, not sure id be cool with taking such job..

Its gonna always ring a bell, more like I dint put in my best to get the job, or more like blackmail... sad
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Dahjhi: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2015
dsauce:
Hi pals, I purposely opened a new acct for this cos of d sensitivity. Please i need ur candid advice on this issue.

A cousin of mine got a crate of soft drinks and found out dat one of d 7up has a very big COCKROACH corked inside.

He showed it to a Pepsi distributing van, he was begged to give dem the bottle and give him about four crates in return.

A thought came to my mind and i told him "Man we are educated individuals, we can get a substantial amount of money from dis company if we follow d right procedure.

Maybe by threatening to sue them to court for improper Good house keeping (GHK) during production and total disregard for consumer health safety by getting d services of a lawyer who will first write them of d situation or report to NAFDAC (last option though cos dis means making money for corrupt politicians to steal ,cos we know NAFDAC can't fine them for nothing less than several millions of naira).

As anyone ever done dis n got good money from this companies or gat advices to give.

NOTE:: pls don't castigate us, since d govt cant help us,we av to utilize d slightest opportunity to hit big time.
this company self.. Just today I saw a folded cork inside my Pepsi too.. But because the Pepsi is dark I didn't noticed until its almost gone... And na for meeting.. I can't cry out... embarassed
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by xhamel89: 10:44pm On Mar 14, 2015

tanks bro.. but judgement can never be in dre favour wen we av d bottle with us as a clear evidence

It could go in their favour. That proof can be proved wrong or implicate you. When i was 10 years old, i found Tiger Battery inside Coke bottle. My dad was a strong officer in the police, but to my surprise, he just kept the evidence inside his room for many years. His reason, i now understand when i grew up. You should know that there is no batch number or identity number of that particular unit. The company could claim you inserted the cockroach and cocked it. To seal the lid is not difficult you should know, their competitor could hired you also, as they may alleged.

Report it to Nafdac but do not make attempt to sue them, you will loose the case and they may turn the tide against you and you could get punished.

5 Likes

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by herqulean: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
As a legal practitioner I'll tell you this. The suit will fail. The rules guiding this sort of suit will focus more on whether any harm has happened to you as a result and whatever loss you have suffered.
As it is, you are only entitled to a refund or a replacement.
If you drank it and it then caused you harm all you would then need do would be to prove that drinking it caused you harm.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by geeboy: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
U have already lost d case.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by zigger(m): 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
dsauce:

Someone call EFCC!! This is real yahoo yahoo. EhHhhh! So na this format u dey use abi
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by yemicoal(m): 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lol... Ndlea never pay baba suwe self talkless of 7up grin grin
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Smith35(m): 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Equip urself with a good lawyer and trust me, u r made
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by Jokay07(m): 10:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
Igbo people enh grin
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by iPopAlomo(m): 10:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
dsauce:

Mail BBC or CNN... nah dem fit follow up... besides... they'll pay you good money for the story...

best of luck...
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by duality(m): 10:52pm On Mar 14, 2015
I think 7up may have to take up Seun on this for such unsubstantiated De- marketing
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by louie3(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
herqulean:
As a legal practitioner I'll tell you this. The suit will fail. The rules guiding this sort of suit will focus more on whether any harm has happened to you as a result and whatever loss you have suffered.
If you drank it and it then caused you harm all you would then need do would be to prove that drinking it caused you harm.
May God bless u a thousand tyms..u jus hit d nail on d head.i jus tire wit all dis pple shouting sue ,sue, sue.

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by lonelydora: 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
Stay there and be asking questions, no go look for lawyer sharp sharp.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by ikechukwu354(m): 10:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
in the given scenario the plantiff might fail in the action for negligence against the defendant.... but if the plaintiff opened and drank the drink then damages might be awarded by the court in favour for the plaintiff...

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by chrisviral(m): 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Dahjhi:
better n stop using the language you don't know.. Be gud

No b my fault sha, NLANDERS are always using that word on GEJ or GMB, say make I try am, now I know better!

1 Like

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by kelvine(m): 10:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
Best reply. My addition, don't threaten to sue any one far bigger than you in Nigeria. It shouldn't be so but unfortunately our judicial system is also corrupt.

omohanet:
If u are Bill Gate or Otedola u can sue the company but if u are not don't ooooo cos u will die in jail
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by donsteady(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
1.Snap and video the bottle.
2. Go to the company, don't go alone ooo, meet the MD show him what you have. Introduce your self as a freelance journalist. (Every institute and organization dey fear FJ)
3. Call BBC, CNN and Aljazeera. Send them email, show the MD email respond from cnn,bbc and Aljazeera. Till him if he no give you 50m you will hand over everything to them.
Cross your leg. Order for another 7up
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by olareed(m): 11:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
dsauce:

Some NLanders will only end u up in jail with their poor pieces...u don hear say vigilante catch terrorist(like BokoHaram) before?...abeg no jus try am...it may even shock u seeing ur lawyer speak for 7up...
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by rufaiabiodun(m): 11:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
You would have been able to sue under contract but the rule of privity of contract would bar u. Also in law of tort, u wouldn't be able to sue for negligence on the company's part since a vital ingredient is missing, which is damage. You must show dat the consumption of the drink caused u damage. My advice is see a lawyer and u can check google on the case Donogue v Stevenson
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by eonuegbu20: 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2015
Mehn this ur Case Hot like Infinix Hot.....

Call,whatsapp 08122204769 or mail @ Eonuegbu1@gmail.com to get Discounts(Certain orders) and Quick Delivery on JUMIA.com
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by osifred(m): 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
You said you are educated. Therefore you should know that you can't get anything from 7up because you haven't suffered any damage from it. What the can guy did by giving you some crate is a PR stunt and that is likely you best offer.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by mickey05: 11:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hi,

Legally speaking, the elements you will require to prove a case of Negligence against them are lacking in this case. For a successful proof of Negligence, you must establish the following:
1. Duty of Care
2. Breach of the duty of care
3. Damage incurred or suffered as a result of such breach.

From the above, you might find it hard proving the 3rd leg of the elements.

Moreover, to establish the case of Negligence in Nigerian Courts is a tall order.

However, you are not totally without a remedy as there are smarter ways to handle this with better results.

You can reach me on 08123585412 for more advise so we can talk better.

Cheers.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by obumsky059(m): 11:15pm On Mar 14, 2015
dsauce:

can i purchase dat 7up drink from u? if interest, pm me asap
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by chax100(f): 11:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
herqulean:

I think you are right.
Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by dsauce: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
hmmmm,well thanks pals for ur advices. One thing i know certainly is dat dis company wouldn't want NAFDAC to get hold of d bottle cos it means heavy fine n maybe even suspension for them. Note that d batch code is still written bodly on d bottle, Please u guys saying we will just waste money on this case are wrong cos we plan taking up d services of a human rights activist lawyer who is ready to protect individuals without paying a dine. I don't av to take d drink den cause am to me bfre suing dem, or can a dead man sue?

As a trained microbiologist,and having worked at a similar drink producing firm bfre (Nigerian Brewery), for industrial attachment, i can assure that all d products produced in dat batch is highly contaminated with various pathogenic bacteria cos of d poor quality control measures during production..

2 Likes

Re: Advices Needed Urgently. I Want To Petition 7UP PLC by chax100(f): 11:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
donsteady:
1.Snap and video the bottle.
2. Go to the company, don't go alone ooo, meet the MD show him what you have. Introduce your self as a freelance journalist. (Every institute and organization dey fear FJ)
3. Call BBC, CNN and Aljazeera. Send them email, show the MD email respond from cnn,bbc and Aljazeera. Till him if he no give you 50m you will hand over everything to them.
Cross your leg. Order for another 7up

Joker... You don see Kirikiri gate before? Dem go open both gates for u to freely walk in, you will be lucky if you do not come out of the gate on a stretcher. Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / Tony Ezenna Is Alive, Not Dead / Early Morning Preachers Have Made My Life Miserable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.