Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! (8762 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 12:50am On Mar 19, 2015
I like the name HAYAH

hayah goin cheesy
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 12:52am On Mar 19, 2015
And I like the name YAHWEH

I do things yahweh smiley
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CANTICLES: 1:56am On Mar 19, 2015
johnw74:

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The Word became man-the Son of God
Fathers are head of the Sons
when the Word became the Son He did not cease to be God, impossible.

1 cor 11:3 was writen after Christ has been ressurected to heaven, woman is under the authority of a man,But God (The FATHER) is the head of christ wich means Christ is under the authority of the ONLY TRUE GOD.

The father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the three persons in the Only God

Human tradition ..... There is nothing like three person in the only God .

Jesus said : Father is the ONLY GOD ( John 17:3)

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons in the True God
Tradition of men .. UNLIKE YOU, Jesus sincerely recognize the Father as the TRUE GOD, ' Father .. You are The True God' John 17:1-3

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 6:02am On Mar 19, 2015
CANTICLES:

Somone is called " the God Of Jesus Christ" in ephesian 1:17 , who is that person ?

that person is Jesus Father, and Jesus calls His Father God because He is God
And Jesus Father calls Jesus God, because Jesus is God
God and the Word are God
Father calls Son God:
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
He who built all things is God
the Word Jesus built all things
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Jehovah is our Lord and Saviour
Jesus is our Lord and Saviour

2Pe_1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
2Pe_2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe_3:2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
2Pe_3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Joh 10:30 I and my Father are one.
Joh 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
Joh 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
Joh 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus said He is God and the Jews knew it, verse 33
and so they tried to stone Him

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 7:08am On Mar 19, 2015
CANTICLES:

1 cor 11:3 was writen after Christ has been ressurected to heaven, woman is under the authority of a man,But God (The FATHER) is the head of christ wich means Christ is under the authority of the ONLY TRUE GOD.

Paul is not talking about the Glorified Jesus in Heaven
1cor 11:3 is talking about things on Earth, the head of man, the head of woman and the head of Christ

Human tradition ..... There is nothing like three person in the only God .

Not human tradition but God's written word, take a look at all the verses posted on the matter
but more importantly believe them.

Jesus said : Father is the ONLY GOD ( John 17:3)

Yes Father is the only God, God is One, but Jesus said "the only true God, and Jesus Christ"
it is important for Jesus to say God and Jesus Christ (Himself) because God and the Word are God
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

And this is confirmed just two verses after when Jesus asked the Father to give Him back the Fathers own glory which He had before with Him.
Joh 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Tradition of men .. UNLIKE YOU, Jesus sincerely recognize the Father as the TRUE GOD, ' Father .. You are The True God' John 17:1-3

No need for untruths, I, like Jesus recognize the Father as the TRUE GOD
and I recognize Jesus Christ as the TRUE GOD
and I recognize the Holy Spirit as the TRUE GOD

Three persons, Father, Son, Holy Spirit
One God.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:39am On Mar 20, 2015
johnw74:

No need for untruths, I, like Jesus recognize the Father as the TRUE GOD
and I recognize Jesus Christ as the TRUE GOD
and I recognize the Holy Spirit as the TRUE GOD

Three persons, Father, Son, Holy Spirit
One God.

Three "PERSONS" equals THREE GODS who are equal you mean.

You are still yet to explain the dynamics behind Three Persons not being Three Gods!! Because to me, it sounds like you believe in a Three-headed God with a unified body/essence.

The above statement you made just confirm that YOU have 3 True Gods because they are different Persons not One person.

Tell me, Who is is the God- Abraham till Jews in Jesus' time worshipped?
A) The Father
B) Jesus
C) Holy spirit
D) All of the Above (or the three of them together)
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
Three "PERSONS" equals THREE GODS who are equal you mean.

You are still yet to explain the dynamics behind Three Persons not being Three Gods!! Because to me, it sounds like you believe in a Three-headed God with a unified body/essence.

The above statement you made just confirm that YOU have 3 True Gods because they are different Persons not One person.

such confusion

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion...

The True God is One God

but mighty god and Almighty God are two gods
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2015
^^^ You have not answered my question.

You do not see the confusion of THREE PERSONS being ONE same God. Or

The fact that if ONE TRUE GOD exist, then they are other Gods too in existence hence the need to used the word "True" to distinguish between there to prevent confusion.

The existence of an Almighty God proves the existence of other Mighty Gods. Would it be necessary to include "All" to Mighty God if there were no other Mighty Gods?

Who did Abraham till Jews living during Jesus era worshipped?
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 11:12pm On Mar 21, 2015
jw's are told what to believe by their orginisation
and they are even given answers, to reply to peoples questions

Their leaders must think:
Heaven forbid they be allowed to believe for themselves, they might come to know the Truth.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CAPTIVATOR: 12:49am On Mar 22, 2015
johnw74:
jw's are told what to believe by their orginisation
and they are even given answers, to reply to peoples questions

Their leaders must think:
Heaven forbid they be allowed to believe for themselves, they might come to know the Truth.

How does this answer the question he asked ? Oh! No wonder someone on another thread said u are just tongue twisting around, i tink i now believe that statement.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 5:57am On Mar 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

How does this answer the question he asked ?

riko wouldn't answer questions I asked but kept asking questions himself
so I told him I wouldn't reply to him again
although I do at times when I want to

Oh! No wonder someone on another thread said u are just tongue twisting around, i tink i now believe that statement.
of course you will, jw's believe whatever other jw's tell you smiley

they tell you Jesus is an Angel and you believe it

Heb_1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CAPTIVATOR: 7:26am On Mar 22, 2015
johnw74:

riko wouldn't answer questions I asked but kept asking questions himself
so I told him I wouldn't reply to him again
although I do at times when I want to

of course you will, jw's believe whatever other jw's tell you smiley

they tell you Jesus is an Angel and you believe it

Heb_1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Oh! Tongue twistin man , i thought that scripture said " to which of the Arch angel did he said"
Just Keep adhering to those heresies u receive from ur RELIGIOUS MOTHER, CATHOLIC CHURCH .
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 8:59am On Mar 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

How does this answer the question he asked ? Oh! No wonder someone on another thread said u are just tongue twisting around, i tink i now believe that statement.

OK, it is simple but I will try and explain it further for you

Jesus is the same as the Father because they are both the One God (John 1:1).
The Son is not the Father in worldly terms,
and the Son and the Father are two persons,
and the Son is the Father and vice versa because they are God.

I know you cannot understand that.

Line 1. Jesus the Word and Father God are the same because they are the one-same God (John 1:1)
Line 2. The Son is not the Father in worldly terms because in worldly terms a Son cannot be His Father,
that's not hard to understand
In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the word was God
the Word became Jesus and God is the Father
the Word is God
Jesus is God
Line 3. the Son and the Father are two persons, again easy to understand
Line 4. and the son-the Wor, is the Father-God, and vice versa because they are God,
the Word and God are God, scripture says so.

Line 5. I knew you could not understand that-and I believe you still won't understand it

how can anyone who is taught what to believe, instead of reading the Bible and getting their own understanding,
believe or understand anything that is contrary to what they have been taught to believe.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 9:00am On Mar 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Oh! Tongue twistin man , i thought that scripture said " to which of the Arch angel did he said"

No the Greek name that Angel comes from there is "aggelos" and it means Angel
are you implying that because Michael is an Arch Angel that it does not apply to Him
an arch Angel is an Angel

Just Keep adhering to those heresies u receive from ur RELIGIOUS MOTHER, CATHOLIC CHURCH .

I don't belong to the Roman Catholic Church, I have posted against some of their beliefs.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by joviegghead: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2015
It's pointless arguing with people who have already chosen to blind there hearts to The truth. Jehovah's witnesses ALWAYS prove and DEFEND there Beliefs with the bible. Saying God and jesus are the same is sheer MADNESS.saying God is a Mystery is STUPIDITY because he has provided the bible to clarify any answer we need to know about. Take my advice: Pay attention to the JW with an open mind and stop attacking dem wit ur stupid thread or posts.

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CAPTIVATOR: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2015
johnw74:

No the Greek name that Angel comes from there is "aggelos" and it means Angel
are you implying that because Michael is an Arch Angel that it does not apply to Him
an arch Angel is an Angel

YOU NEED SERIOUS BIBLE STUDY

- Micheal is never called an "angel"

- angel means "messenger " and Micheal is never refferd to as an angel.

- Micheal is called " Arch Angel" which means " CHIEF of the angels" ! He is superior to them.

- Rev 12:7 distinguish Micheal separately from angels " Micheal and his angels"

- mayb you think Angel reffer to beings that have wings , may i tell you that God Almighty himself is described as having wings .

- Jesus VOICE will raise the dead (john 5:28,29), the ARCHANGE'LS VOICE will raise the dead [1 the 4:16] . Reconcile

I don't belong to the Roman Catholic Church, I have posted against some of their beliefs.

U ar a catholic, take the test

Mary is the mother of whom? Jesus OR God
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
CANTICLES:

Mr, Satan is called " THE GOD" , Humans are called " GODS" , angels are also called " GOD" . So why do u shout around when Jesus is also called GOD ? Whereas uv forgotten he is still under the authority of someone ( 1 cor 11:3)....

The moment u can answer this question, ur eyes will open .

WHO is " the ONLY GOD" ?

WHO is " the True GOD" ?
If Jesus is a god and God said we must worship no other god, then why did Jesus disciples worship him and why didn't Jesus condemn them for doing so.
"9 And as they went to tell His disciples, b behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him." (Matt 28:9).
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2015
CANTICLES:

Somone is called " the God Of Jesus Christ" in ephesian 1:17 , who is that person ?
"Who, although being essentially one with God and in the form of God [possessing the fullness of the attributes which make God God], did not think this equality with God was a thing to be eagerly grasped or retained," (Phi 2:6)
Is this verse a lie? Yes or No.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by ladon1: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:
Bingbagbo Bingbagbo Bingbagbo!!! The other day I sent you some scriptures about this matter to study. I thought by now, you would have grown past this stage in your scriptural understanding. Why have you decided not to study them?

Well, out of my generousity and love for you and others in Nairaland, I'll send them again. Consider each scripture thoughtfully for your own good.

If Jesus is Almighty God...

1. Then why is "God head of Christ just as Christ is head of man"? (1 Cor. 11:3)

2. Then why does Scripture consistently phrase Jesus as a separate person from God? (John 20:17; John 14:1; Mark 10:18; John 17:1-3; etc. Also in heaven, 1 Cor. 11:3; Luke 22:69; etc.)

3. Then how can Jesus have a God? Could Almighty God have a God? (Mic. 5:4; Ps. 45:6, 7; 89:26; John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 2 Cor. 1:3; Eph 1:3; Col 1:3; Mark 15:34; John 17:1-3; Also in heaven, Rev. 1:6; 3:2, 12)

4. Then why does Scripture say he was born and is part of Creation? (Col. 1:15)

5. Then why does Rev. 3:14 say that Jesus is "the beginning of the creation of God"?

6. Then why is he subject to GOD, like we're subject to him? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28; Eph. 1:17)

7. Then why does Micah 5:2 say that Jesus' ORIGIN was “from early times”?

8. Then why does Jesus not know what God knows? (Matt. 24:36, Rev.1:1; Luke 8:45)

9. Then why is Jesus still subject to God when he is as high as he will ever be? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28)

10. Then why does Proverbs 8:22-31 show that the Messiah was CREATED / PRODUCED by God?

11. Then why is he not powerful enough to subject things to himself? (1 Cor. 15:27, Eph. 1:17, 22)

12. Then why would he have to be given any power and authority? (Mt. 28:18; 11:27; Jn. 5:22; 17:2; 3:35; 2 Pet. 1:17)

13. Then why did he have to learn anything? (Heb. 5:8; John 5:19; 8:28)

14. Then why is speaking against him not as bad as speaking against the Holy Spirit? (Mt. 12:31,32; Luke 12:10)

15. Then why did Jesus call the "Father...the only true God"? (John 17:3)

16. Then why did he need to be saved? (Heb. 5:7; John 12:27)

17. Then why did he have to be exalted to Leader and Savior? (Acts 5:31)

18. Then how could he be exalted and given a higher name than he had? (Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:2-4)

19. Then why did he have to be given life in himself? (John 5:25,26)

20. Then how can the Father be greater than he? (John 14:28)

21. Then how could Jesus be tempted by Satan when God cannot be tempted with evil? (James 1:13)

22. Then why did he worship the Father? (John 4:22)

23. Then why can he not do anything on his own? (John 5:19; 6:38)

24. Then why would he pray to anybody? (Luke 22:44; John 17:1,2; Heb. 5:7)

25. Then why do John 1:18 and 1 John 4:9 say that Jesus is God's "only BEGOTTEN Son"? ASV

26. Then how can he be God's servant? (Acts 4:26,27,30)

27. Then how could he receive strength from an angel? (Luke 22:43)

28. Then how could he be a mediator between God and man? (1 Tim. 2:5)

29. Then how could he be with God (ton theon)? (John 1:1)

30. Then how can he be God's image? (Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:3)

31. Then why is he called the agency (dia) of creation and not the Originator (ek)? (1 Cor. 8:6; John 1:1-3; Prov. 8:30; Heb. 2:10; Col. 1:15,16)

32. Then why did Jesus say GOD was "good" in a way that Jesus was not? (Mark 10:18)

33. Then why does he have an archangel's voice instead of God's voice? (1 Thess. 4:16)

34. Then why is the only "worship" given to him the same given to humans? (Heb. 1:6, cf. Mt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9 - "Proskuneo"

35. Then why do many who believe this rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts' instead of the context of the consistent teaching of the entire Bible?

36. Then how could he be commanded to do anything? (John 12:49; Deut. 18:18)

37. Then why did Steven see two separate entities, GOD and Jesus, and not just one God or three persons? (Acts 7:55)

38. Then how could he be seen at GOD's right hand? (Luke 22:69; Acts 7:55; Rom. 8:34)

39. Then how could Jesus be exalted (not to become God Himself, but) to the position of the "right hand OF God"? (Acts 2:33)

40. Then why would he have to receive a revelation from God? (Rev.1:1)

41. Then why is he called God's "begotten" Son before he came to earth? (John 3:16; Gal. 4:4; 1 John 4:9)

42. Then how could he have a Father? (John 20:17)

43. Then how could he come in flesh? (1 Kings 8:27; Acts 17:24,25)

44. Then why did he not come in his own name? (John 5:41-44)

45. Then why did Jesus "come down from heaven to do" God's will and not his own will? (Luke 22:42; John 6:38; John 5:30; John 8:42)

46. Then how could he appear before GOD? (Heb. 9:24)

47. Then how could he die? Can God die? Can part of God die? (Rom. 5:10; Acts 5:30; 1 Cor. 15:3; Hab.1:12; cf. 1 Tim. 6:16; Num. 23:19; Ps. 90:2; Dan. 6:25-26)

48. Then why is it that God resurrected Jesus? (Acts 2:32)

49. Then why can we see him if "no man has seen God at any time"? (John 1:18)

50. Then why is there not one clear Scripture where Jesus is called "God the Son," (equal to those declaring "God, the Father)?

51. How is it that the Jews rounded up some false witnesses to make up lies to obtain a death sentence for Jesus, but neither the Jewish officials nor even one of these false witnesses made a claim that he was God or equally God? (Matt. 26:59-67)

52. John summed up his whole Gospel by saying that it was written that we may believe "that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God." Why is there is no mention in that summary of the entire Gospel of what would be the most important thing of all - that Jesus is God? (John 20:31)

53. How could Jesus teach in the Jewish synagogues and the temple? This would never happen if any of the authorities believed he claimed to be God (or that his followers believed such a thing). - Matt. 26:55; John 7:14, 28. Matt. 4:23.

54. How could Jesus' followers teach in Jewish synagogues after Jesus' death and for the remainder of that first century (at least)? Again, this would not have been allowed if there were any suspicion that they believed Jesus to be God. Acts 9:20; 13:5, Acts 13:13-15.

If the Holy Spirit is Almighty God...

1. Then why do quotes from Trinitarians admit that the Holy Spirit is not God but rather is a force from God?

2. Then why would Jews instructed in the Old Testament scriptures and in the teachings of John the Baptist, NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS? (Acts 19:2)

3. Then why isn't the Holy Spirit given equal description in the Bible?

4. Then why didn't Jesus ever teach that the Holy Spirit was God along with the Father and Son?

5. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as an "it"? (Is. 34:16 ASV, KJV; Numbers 11:17, 25 ASV, KJV, RSV, NRSV, AT, LB, NEB, REB, NAB, JB, NJB; and Romans 8:16, 26 in the KJV.)

6. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as a thing that can be poured out into portions? (Acts 2:17, 18, 33; Numbers 11:17, 25)

7. Then why is the holy spirit nameless and indistinguishable from all of the other holy spirits?

8. Then why did the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD disregard the Holy Spirit as a member of the Godhead when they made Jesus 'God' in 325 AD? Why did they wait until the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD to include the Holy Spirit in the formula?

9. Then wouldn't the water and blood be persons too according to Trinitarian reasoning and 1 John 5:8?

10. Then why is the Holy Spirit sandwiched between a list of QUALITIES at 2 Cor. 6:6?

11. Then why does the NT Greek Lexicon describes the Holy Spirit as "this" at Acts 2:33?

12. Then why is it that nowhere in the Bible is the Holy Spirit ever said to be an equal member of a trinity?

13. Then why is it that nowhere is it mentioned in the Bible the words, "God, the Holy Spirit," or "The Holy Spirit is God"?

14. Then why is it that there is never mentioned a vision, dream or clear description in scripture wherein God and the Holy Spirit are shown as the same person?

If the Trinity Doctrine is a Bible teaching...

1. Then why do NUMEROUS encyclopedias agree that

"... the doctrine of the Trinity was of gradual and comparatively late formation; that it had its origin in a source entirely foreign from that of the Jewish and Christian scriptures; that it grew up, and was ingrafted on Christianity"? – p. 34, The Church of the First Three Centuries, Alvan Lamson, D.D.

2. Then why do many encyclopedias, dictionaries and other sources (including Sir Isaac Newton) agree that the "Trinity was a pagan corruption imposed on Christianity in the fourth century by Athanasius"?

3. Then why does the Bible consistently identify God by singular person pronouns: "I, "Me," "He, and "Him" instead of "We", "Us", "They" or "Them"?

4. Then why does 2 Cor. 13:14 say that the Lord Jesus Christ is one individual, the Holy Spirit is another individual (whether a person or a thing), and that "GOD" IS ANOTHER DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL?

5. Then why is there not even one Scripture which clearly defines the Trinity?

6. Then why is there not even one Scripture of a vision, dream, or CLEAR description wherein God is shown as three persons?

7. Then why is there not even one Scripture where God is described using the word "three"?
Hey fellow, you are one the
most ignorant religious person have seen.
You talk about the God you are so ignorant of.
First of all. When we talk about God, what comes to most people is we are talking about the word 'person' and that is why the devil has been able to decieve religious people like you.
When we talk about God,
What it entails is nature. God is a nature just like Man is a nature. It for instance in a family of a man. The nature here is 'man' consisting of the father, mother, and children. The nature in this family is one consisting of persons(father, mother, dauthers & sons) Every member of this family share the same nature called man or human. The son is as much man or human just like the father but different persons.
Same goes with the God.
God(nature) is one but the persons share this nature. This nature is unchanging and it is manisfested by character that is unique only to God. The Godhead consist of three persons. The father, the son, and the holy spirit and these three persons are one nature(God)

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2015
RikoduoSennin:
^^^ You have not answered my question.

You do not see the confusion of THREE PERSONS being ONE same God. Or

The fact that if ONE TRUE GOD exist, then they are other Gods too in existence hence the need to used the word "True" to distinguish between there to prevent confusion.

The existence of an Almighty God proves the existence of other Mighty Gods. Would it be necessary to include "All" to Mighty God if there were no other Mighty Gods?

Who did Abraham till Jews living during Jesus era worshipped?
Why did the disciples worship and called Jesus God?
"9 And as they went to tell His disciples, b behold, Jesus met them, saying, “Rejoice!” So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him." (Matt 28:9).

"1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:" (2Pet 1:1).
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
Deuteronomy 30:15

See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
joviegghead:
It's pointless arguing with people who have already chosen to blind there hearts to The truth. Jehovah's witnesses ALWAYS prove and DEFEND there Beliefs with the bible. Saying God and jesus are the same is sheer MADNESS.saying God is a Mystery is STUPIDITY because he has provided the bible to clarify any answer we need to know about. Take my advice: Pay attention to the JW with an open mind and stop attacking dem wit ur stupid thread or posts.
JW accepts some verses and reject some. This is heresy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
ladon1:

Hey fellow, you are one the
most ignorant religious person have seen.
You talk about the God you are so ignorant of.
First of all. When we talk about God, what comes to most people is we are talking about the word 'person' and that is why the devil has been able to decieve religious people like you.
When we talk about God,
What it entails is nature. God is a nature just like Man is a nature. It for instance in a family of a man. The nature here is 'man' consisting of the father, mother, and children. The nature in this family is one consisting of persons(father, mother, dauthers & sons) Every member of this family share the same nature called man or human. The son is as much man or human just like the father but different persons.
Same goes with the God.
God(nature) is one but the persons share this nature. This nature is unchanging and it is manisfested by character that is unique only to God. The Godhead consist of three persons. The father, the son, and the holy spirit and these three persons are one nature(God)

You say I'm ignorant. I say I have a knowledge of the scriptures many pple dnt have today.

First of all, contrary to your comment, God is a person. I checked cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary and it said "a person is someone and their particular type of çharacter." This surely qualifies God to be a person. God has qualities, personalities like love, justice, wisdom and power. No wonder the Bible says in james 4:8 - "draw close to God and he will draw close to you."

But what kind of person is God? The bible speaks of 2 forms of life. It says: "...if there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one." - 1cor 15:44. God possess one of those two types of body. As is very evident, God possesses a spiritual body, or exists in a spiritual nature. The scriptures says: "God is a spirit, and those worshipping him must worship him with spirit and truth." God is a spirit person, he has a spirit nature and every person in the heaven including his son Jesus exist in God's nature because they're all spirits.

God is not God because of his nature. He is God because of his creatorship. "God" is only a title give to him because no one is greater than him. By nature, God is a spirit.

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by ladon1: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2015
Let us look at some scriptural verses of the bible that proofs the truinity of the Godhead(nature).
Genesis 1:26
And God said,( Let us) make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 11:6
And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
-Genesis 11:7
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
- So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.
-Genesis 11:8
The father calling the son God:
Psalms 45:6
Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
Psalms 45:7
Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Anyone doubting the God nature of Jesus Christ should list some or all the divine attributes of God the father and I will show you that all these attributes are also found in God the son
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
Regarding this doctrine of Trinity. I ask proponents of this teaching: Did the disciples of Jesus believe he was God in flesh?
When jesus asked the disciples, "who are men saying the son of man is?" simon peter answered: "you are the christ, the son of the living God." If the disciples believed that jesus was not God, but the son of God, why should anyone claim to be christian and teach that jesus was God in the flesh while on earth?

No wonder many learned people throughout history like the famous scientist Sir Isaac Newton said: "the trinity is a pagan corruption on christianity."

The Divinity of christ was not taught in the synagouges in jerusalem during the time of jesus, neither did the apostles teach or write anything about it after jesus. It was established by the church in 325 AD. It was until 381 AD that the holy spirit was added to form a full fledge doctrine of trinity.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by ladon1: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

You say I'm ignorant. I say I have a knowledge of the scriptures many pple dnt have today.

First of all, contrary to your comment, God is a person. I checked cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary and it said "a person is someone and their particular type of çharacter." This surely qualifies God to be a person. God has qualities, personalities like love, justice, wisdom and power. No wonder the Bible says in james 4:8 - "draw close to God and he will draw close to you."

But what kind of person is God? The bible speaks of 2 forms of life. It says: "...if there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one." - 1cor 15:44. God possess one of those two types of body. As is very evident, God possesses a spiritual body, or exists in a spiritual nature. The scriptures says: "God is a spirit, and those worshipping him must worship him with spirit and truth." God is a spirit person, he has a spirit nature and every person in the heaven including his son Jesus exist in God's nature because they're all spirits.

God is not God because of his nature. He is God because of his creatorship. "God" is only a title give to him because no one is greater than him. By nature, God is a spirit.
Once again you are still sticking to your ignorance.
The spiritism of God is just one of the attributes that makes God. Haven't you heard if the divine nature? Those saints already in heaven are made a partaker of that divibe nature and a few of attributes of this nature which man is made to be a partaker of are these.
The holiness of God.
The Love nature of God.
,The rigtheouness of God.
Have you ever heard of God the father been hallowed fro Jesus christ?
Never.
Because they share the same nature.
God the father is holy/Christ is holy.
God is love/Christ is love.
God gives life/Christ gives life.
Look carefully at christ and you will see all the divine attributes of God in him. He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Jesus christ is hallowed with the father and that is why the scriptures says he is seperate from sinners. He is the word of God. He is the tree of life. He is the one that reveals the council of the God head to creation.
Whosoever has seen him has seen the father and thats why he is called the revelation of God. Only God can know the thoughts of man.
Only an ignorant religionist will say the word is not God The word became flesh and he dwelt among us.
That is why God the father has comformed us to the image of his own son because in the beginning, God created man in his own imsge and this is the perfect will of God for man
You said God is spirit. That is true. Was Jesus christ not spirit before he took the nature of man?
Is Jesus not from everlasting to everlasting?
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
ladon1:

Once again you are still sticking to your ignorance.
The spiritism of God is just one of the attributes that makes God. Haven't you heard if the divine nature? Those saints already in heaven are made a partaker of that divibe nature and a few of attributes of this nature which man is made to be a partaker of are these.
The holiness of God.
The Love nature of God.
,The rigtheouness of God.
Have you ever heard of God the father been hallowed fro Jesus christ?
Never.
Because they share the same nature.
God the father is holy/Christ is holy.
God is love/Christ is love.
God gives life/Christ gives life.
Look carefully at christ and you will see all the divine attributes of God in him. He is the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Jesus christ is hallowed with the father and that is why the scriptures says he is seperate from sinners. He is the word of God. He is the tree of life. He is the one that reveals the council of the God head to creation.
Whosoever has seen him has seen the father and thats why he is called the revelation of God. Only God can know the thoughts of man.
Only an ignorant religionist will say the word is not God The word became flesh and he dwelt among us.
That is why God the father has comformed us to the image of his own son because in the beginning, God created man in his own imsge and this is the perfect will of God for man
You said God is spirit. That is true. Was Jesus christ not spirit before he took the nature of man?
Is Jesus not from everlasting to everlasting?

It is rather pathetic, infact laughable I'ld say, that you call me ignorant but cannot support your statements with the book you so believe in - The Bible. All u've written here is trash without scriptures to support ur point.

anyone who is said to partake in the Divine nature, has died and gone to heaven as a spirit person, for "flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom."_ 1cor 15:50. That person partakes in the Divine nature because he/she has a new bodyy - the spiritual body, which is the very nature of God.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by ladon1: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:
Regarding this doctrine of Trinity. I ask proponents of this teaching: Did the disciples of Jesus believe he was God in flesh?
When jesus asked the disciples, "who are men saying the son of man is?" simon peter answered: "you are the christ, the son of the living God." If the disciples believed that jesus was not God, but the son of God, why should anyone claim to be christian and teach that jesus was God in the flesh while on earth?

No wonder many learned people throughout history like the famous scientist Sir Isaac Newton said: "the trinity is a pagan corruption on christianity."

The Divinity of christ was not taught in the synagouges in jerusalem during the time of jesus, neither did the apostles teach or write anything about it after jesus. It was established by the church in 325 AD. It was until 381 AD that the holy spirit was added to form a full fledge doctrine of trinity.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
The divinty of christ is not taught in the synagouge of the new testament? What a stupid heresy. You said you know so many things in the bible that many don't know but i can beat my chest to tell you that you know nothing.
Nothing at all. You take the word of an unbeliever called isaac newton over the written word of God? Nonsense.
I don't even know where to start teaching you from. You even refer to the holy spirit as it. You are definitely lost dude. The holy spirit is life dude. Without the holy spirit in a man, that man is spiritually dead. The doctrine of the trinity is the core of bible teaching. It is taught beginning at moses. The holy spirit in a man's life is the presense of God in a man's life. loose it and you loose the life of God in you. Is moses also a pagan? he was the first to write to us the persons of the Godhead. God is nature. Even a kid aught to know that.
That nature is a divine nature.
This nature has attributes that is unique to God alone.
Three persons are contained in the Godhead and that is why baptism is commanded to be done in the Name of the father and of the son and of the holy ghost because this name(character) of the father=the name(character) of the son=the name(character) of the holy spirit because the name is the same in the trinity.
He that has seen me has seen the father. don't you get it.
The father=Jehovah. The son=Jehovah. The holy spirit=Jehovah.
The doctrine of Jw is antichrist and its damning.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2015
joviegghead:
Pay attention to the JW with an open mind

Like jw's do with others smiley
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 12:16am On Mar 23, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

YOU NEED SERIOUS BIBLE STUDY

No the diffrence between me and you is that
I don't change the plain meaning of scripture

- Micheal is never called an "angel"

- angel means "messenger " and Micheal is never refferd to as an angel.

- Micheal is called " Arch Angel" which means " CHIEF of the angels" ! He is superior to them.

Arch means chief,
Angel means just that, Angel
Michael is a Chief Angel

G743

ἀρχάγγελος
archaggelos
ar-khang'-el-os
From G757 and G32; a chief angel: - archangel.
Total KJV occurrences:

- Rev 12:7 distinguish Micheal separately from angels " Micheal and his angels"

You mean like a General and his Soldiers
a General is a Soldier too

- mayb you think Angel reffer to beings that have wings , may i tell you that God Almighty himself is described as having wings .

- Jesus VOICE will raise the dead (john 5:28,29), the ARCHANGE'LS VOICE will raise the dead [1 the 4:16] . Reconcile

It is seemingly certain that Michael is the Angel of the Lord
He is given all the authority of God
As in God giving revelation to Jesus, and Jesus sending it with His Angel to John. rev 1
He is the Angel of the Lord
he is not "the" Lord.

1Th_4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

It means just as it says:
the lord descends with a shout, with the voice of the archangel
not with a shout, with the voice of the Lord

U ar a catholic, take the test

Mary is the mother of whom? Jesus OR God

that's a test?
Mary of course is the mother of Jesus, the Word of God in the flesh
and the Word was God
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 12:46am On Mar 23, 2015
CAPTIVATOR

God is described as having wings on more than one ocassion in the poetic style
Jesus said He would like to gather the people of Jerusalem under His wings as a hen does
but Jesus doesn't have wings and is not a hen.

Many scriptures have been given showing that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh
and I won't keep giving them to non believers
John 1 shows that the Word is God and that the Word became Jesus christ
yet jw's don't believe scriptures that go against their man given beliefs
they say in opposition to scriptures that Jesus Christ is an Angel

U ar a catholic

such accusers

the father of accusers:
Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 1:26am On Mar 23, 2015
jw's believe Jesus is an Angel.
With Jesus being the exact likeness of Jehovah,
then jw's should believe that Jehovah is an Angel also.

More scriptures, but they are not for non believers, they are for my pleasure

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

2Co 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Co 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is 2013's Tag In Your Church? / What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? / A Divine Force Or Creator - Mere Thinking Or Emblem Of Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.