Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,964 members, 7,952,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. (29736 Views)

13 Evils Of Boarding School, Why You Must Raise Your Children From Home / 10 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Ever Schooled In A Boarding School. / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Apina(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
BlissB:
what about you(what yr)....yes am a Catholic
09...... Yes i'm
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by kenny714433(m): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2018
Apina:

Which of dem?

***Queen of Apostles Seminary, Abak. Aks. Where you a Seminarian?***
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Dyt(f): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2018
omolorlarh:

We also sang we are one in Chineke too but was later changed. It was a student that composed the new one. she was given scholarship till graduation

Greatest comlag
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by greenglobestore(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
hmm ...memories
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by yvesboss(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

Telling you her name alone was enough to make the toughest stupid sweat even when it’s cold.
She disshes out indefinitely suspensions like gift cards.

Made ex mays who graduated long time ago like 10-20 years ago put on uniform and give theirs speeches before signing their testimonials.

Lol. How about cutting trees and grasses Before signing your results as well. .Mehn you are reminding me of funny stuffs
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Exmay(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2018
akmaldini:
I guess nobody knows baba ayedun,uncle HO,Mr bakare and Mr onobule in Mayflower Secondary school ikenne....

Are you sure?
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by marwanafrica: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2018
I learned how to interact with human being of any kind in GCB.
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE BIDA, Bro if you no do that school you no go boarding ooh, na baby care house you Go.
if you Attend that school from jss1 to Ss3, you will have a military mind, my fellow Bosa can bear me witness I learned how to interact with human being of any kind in GCB.
GOVERNMENT COLLEGE BIDA, Bro if you no do that school you no go boarding ooh, na baby care house you Go.
if you Attend that school from jss1 to Ss3, you will have a military mind, my fellow Bosa can bear me witness
I learned how to interact with human being of any kind in GCB.
if you Attend that school from jss1 to Ss3, you will have a military mind, my fellow Bosa can bear me witness
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by yemitosin(f): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
iyatrustee:

Waoh! I graduated 1997. What about you?

Mr Funsho Fagba cheesy cheesy
1999 set my elder sister was 1997set
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by JOOHEL: 9:51pm On Jun 02, 2018
lol.. so no kings college old boy here
anyways I reserve my comments
KC was bloody
person outside go think say the school Behind but I saw hell in my seniors hand

chai
#Floreat

2 Likes

Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2018
BlissB:
U follow us day inside the school abi u think say na all those packaging and yansh shaking wen we day do wen we come out day make u tlk say we day enjoy??...they day drill babes like say na men they day see
my elder sis was there while i rep James welch...so I know alot about our ladies
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by akmaldini(m): 2:05am On Jun 03, 2018
Exmay:

Are you sure?
quite sure...
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Sheggun1: 7:15am On Jun 03, 2018
ernesterioo:
2003/2009.... I entered the school seeing bearded men in ss3 and 2 that year
Dat means u r in Coker set and from us moniker r u opako Ernest
I also met some men like the ozi Emma...... Senior etuk Patrick..... Senior ariyo wey dey play football for school team......... I rep 2004/2010 set
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Yhemit(m): 9:43am On Jun 03, 2018
just smiling with different comments
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Rickysexy(m): 9:51am On Jun 03, 2018
ndy87:
FGGC calabar, those babes nearly killed me. Der beat air comot from my nose. Every Saturday after inspection der must brush you dat one Na sure.
Lol FGGC girls calabar vs Spaco boys that year eenh no be small combo e been be ooo.... Wush year did u rep girl?
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by ChucE(m): 11:07am On Jun 03, 2018
milanseedorf:
Boarding school made me who I am today. I learnt so many times at my young age then. Am still grateful to my parents for making me live there. You learn the good, bad and ugly. I rep Government Secondary School Owerri

Hi! Ogssian! I also attended GSSO from jss1 to jss2. Left when the heat became too much in the boarding house. I was just 9 then, so I didn't like the influence. but it was fun. I remember Papa and his cane as he always sat at the gate. I rep Njemanze House. The junior Principal then was Njoku Bennett aka Abraham. I remember each senior having a hole on the fence to peep at girls having their bath at FGGC, Owerri next door. It was really fun. Missing those days

1 Like

Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
Rickysexy:

Lol FGGC girls calabar vs Spaco boys that year eenh no be small combo e been be ooo.... Wush year did u rep girl?

Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Benblaq(m): 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
FSTC TUNGBO
Na forest surround the school
This school is not just a school..na cemetery oo.. the first day I enter school for js1 10years, I sleep for bush because ss3 cult boys bin dey fight. The next day I carry my box and Jerry can March go gate.
When I reach senior class, I turn wild, we dey tumble lockers when people don go church.. abi na when we dey go press corpers bress from windows?? Abi na when your friend dey nack for class..you dey mount for am...oboy memories ooooo
FSTC TUNGBO SAGBAMA LGA BAYELSA STATE..HOME OF EVERYTHING
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Benblaq(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2018
sircrabo:
I rep FGC PH, Charity house to be precise.
if you passed through that school from js1 to ss3, you must be a hard man by now.

from early morning jogging to dinning to classes. after classes, you go for labour/prep/games

FGC was fun sha and very tough. had to sleep in classroom block and dinning hall several times because I missed labour.

remember Ceifa Dangana, Obinna tout, and many bad niggas that might be dead by now.

some punishments and midnight rising made me think I would die that day but I survived.

FGC babes make sense but we were always attracted fo FGGC Abuloma babes which made our girls jealous. it was fun sha
Nigga yo bad! Abuloma girls wey come my school for inter house sports competition, the one I don dey chyke for Facebook since follow come o..girl wey no dey run, come as first aider ..i carry her go bush
.do the do
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by ernesterioo(f): 7:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
Sheggun1:

Dat means u r in Coker set and from us moniker r u opako Ernest
I also met some men like the ozi Emma...... Senior etuk Patrick..... Senior ariyo wey dey play football for school team......... I rep 2004/2010 set
pm me , seems u know me too well... Holla @whatsapp 08060199045
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by ozodigboo(m): 7:48am On Jun 04, 2018
Gboliwe:

What set?
Are you Gboliwe Iwobi ?
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Gboliwe: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2018
ozodigboo:

Are you Gboliwe Iwobi ?
of ESBS of those days? No
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by ozodigboo(m): 9:52am On Jun 04, 2018
Gboliwe:
of ESBS of those days? No
I'm 90 set sha
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Gboliwe: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
ozodigboo:

I'm 90 set sha

Oh... That's a pretty long time. My cousins (I lived with them briefly) left in 2002, 2004, 2010 and 2014
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Kobicove(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2018
owomida1:

Even me wey volvo carry go sef, I cry like say na abattoir dem carry me come. My mumsy no believe cos I have a very tough heart. I rarely cry. As I cry she join me, wicked popman just sit inside car dey laff legbegbe.

grin
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Scholarsticchai: 12:42am On Jun 06, 2018
owomida1:
Repping FGCIK

O boy, the suffer na suffer.

Seniors, sch authority, even mates. And parents sef.

My children must feel the heat coz it made me blaady rugged for tertiary inst.

Lol
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by fortune5351(m): 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
ovieokodhi:
I catch you
Sight you my Boy RSM
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by owomida1: 11:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Scholarsticchai:

Which year

I don forget
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Scholarsticchai: 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
owomida1:

I don forget

Lol
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by Evangkatsoulis: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
My parents no gree me go boarding school unto say I be last born.
Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by castro69(m): 5:19am On Jun 09, 2018
JOOHEL:
lol..
so no kings college old boy here

anyways
I reserve my comments

KC was bloody

person outside go think say the school Behind
but I saw hell in my seniors hand

chai

#Floreat

Floreat bro....
Was really expecting some KCOB to drop small gist by now...
Meanwhile...as BlissB pointed out...d outward appearance can b deceptive...na wen u enter u go know how far...
It was so bad dat, as a junior, if u were walking on a corridor/passage n u see a prefect u had to step down n walk on d sand. As a prefect then u b like mini god...everytin different even d quantity and quality of their food was different from other student own.
Beatings were normal...even day students hear am...
My class had 110 students wen enter SS1...na only 70 graduate...d rest run...
I remember our principal S.I. Balogun(RIP)....dat guy swag was d bomb....everybody de fear am...even teachers...very no nonsense man
Tafa balogun (ex IG of Police) son was my house captain...dis guy had us kneeling down outside after night prep till 2am...if u sleep u go hear am...
What of interhouse sport period....dos in annexe will participate in ikoyi run practice n march practice weda u like it or not...unless u get medical report to exempt u...
There was a day we were marching on d field around 1am...senior boarding house master de pass...all of us don de happy say d guy go help us beg d prefect make we go sleep...nna ehn...he greeted d prefect weldone n continued as if e no c us....na dia we know say na die we de....we de march de sleep at d same time...we finished after 2am n dem still wake us by 5am for ikoyi run...some of us for panes house just comot d gate com enter AIB garden (now muri okunnola park) opposite d skool catch some sleep den slipped in with others wen de came back.
But it was fun tho...no kind flexing wey we no de do den...carry bucket jump fence like say u wan fetch water...drop bucket for one corner den go ur parole...wen u come back just carry ur bucket fetch water for any of dos companies around n jump back in...
By d time i enter ss3 na b small flexing we do den o...we get mufti for skool den in case of any party....QC gals were ours by right...d odas we can share...
Abi i wan mention our spot for kuramo den....its all washed up now tho....if u go kc n u no enter kuramo u de learn work....
I rep panes house....97-03
Shout out to all my KCOB
#Floreat

2 Likes

Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by ololo12: 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lol that was uncle lol smiley. Mfon Jackson’s set lol

jibbish:
I remember Snr Ime back then in 1996. that guy was the most fearful senior in scorpion house, no SS2 will ever want to try him

Re: I Survived Boarding School In Nigeria! A Thread For All Boarders In Nigeria. by jibbish(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
I remember Senior Mfon, then i was in Js 1
ololo12:
Lol that was uncle lol smiley. Mfon Jackson’s set lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Fallen Standard Of Education In Nigeria- Who Is To Blame? / Industrial Court Orders ASUU Back To Work / The Successors By Jerry Agada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.