Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (666599 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
official Daredevil season 3 trailer,Bullseye revealed cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n83s6NO1NE0
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:03am On Oct 07, 2018
MJBOLT:
anybody seen Captain Marvel trailer? Kaycee7 cao moneyallowed
I saw this about 30 minutes after Marvel released it on YouTube. At work on a 49" 4K TV. There I was actively trying to look like I was not watching it. As a teaser trailer, it did its job. Although, I still see the blockbuster video building as bad CGI.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2018
MJBOLT:
anybody seen the X Men Dark Phoenix Trailer
I refuse to see it on principle, they should just torrent the film. They already messed up the Phoenix story, and this Jean Grey hasn't earned the story yet.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2018
blingxx:

I dont even care about her character right.... dceu is somehow starting to get things rights...

I want to what people think about Joaquin phoenix joker
DCEU have only really proven themselves with WW. Let's see how they do with Aquaman & Shazam first, since they've already killed themselves with their own hype. They've exhausted their benefit of the doubt. I'm not even remotely interested in the Joker film at all. They've spoiled themselves for me.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2018
MJBOLT:
you neva watch am,you come here dae talk trash angry thunder from thor fire you there

My issue with Venom is that its origin relies heavily on Spider-Man AND Peter Parker. Granted, I'm okay with change with the story if it makes sense - like the X-Men until they destroyed the timeline and I had to really start looking at them as AUs. X3 is terrible on both a fanboy & non-fanboy perspective, especially since the Cure storyline is one of the comics I actually own and it brought back Colossus from the grave. Plus, it had one of my fave covers (Kitty phasing through Colossus) and it was written by Joss Whedon.

Anywho, it's odd that a Venom origin story doesn't include Spidey, since Eddie and the symbiote's hatred for both Spidey & Peter is essential to them bonding as Venom. So, I've been apprehensive to giving Venom a shot. Plus, that "...turd in the wind" line doesn't help matters at all. That line has almost single handedly made me not want to watch it, regardless of the fact, that this live action Venom is very visually accurate.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2018
the dark phoenix storyline is too complex to be in a single movie,this movie would be no different from X3 or Apocalypse

cao:

I refuse to see it on principle, they should just torrent the film. They already messed up the Phoenix story, and this Jean Grey hasn't earned the story yet.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2018
Minemrys:

Hulk for starters. Red Skull, Winter Soldier, Ultron, Iron Man/ Tony Stark [i heard Ir0n man 3 script had to be changed from Tony Stark dealing with Alcoholism to avoid a R rating]
i also read, The Avengers tried all means to avoid a R rating. The black widow torture scene was toned down. (that's the studio that has the balls for a R rating. Sony whereas, produced Life (the film) with a R rating. I guess Sony is the coward lot. From what i read, Sony made it PG so the film will fit into the MCU.
Actually, all studios are cowards when it comes to superhero films. WB actively changed from Tim Burton's dark Batman films (which are surprisingly rated PG-13, in fact over here they were rated 12 in the cinema, but 15 on home video. 15UK is usually R in US like the Deadpool films) to the more comedic slapstick tone that justified the PG-13 ratings. Hence why we lost dark live action Batman in the 90s and he practically crashed & died with Bat nips AKA Batman & Robin. Even Christopher Nolan's praised Dark Knight trilogy is PG-13. Fox with Deadpool franchise, the only current superhero film franchise with a R rating. Life is not a superhero film, so apples & oranges.

The only other superhero films (or at least based on comic book entities) rated R are Blade (except Bade Trinity) & The Punisher (all of them).
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2018

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2018
cao:

Actually, all studios are cowards when it comes to superhero films. WB actively changed from Tim Burton's dark Batman films (which are surprisingly rated PG-13, in fact over here they were rated 12 in the cinema, but 15 on home video. 15UK is usually R in US like the Deadpool films) to the more comedic slapstick tone that justified the PG-13 ratings. Hence why we lost dark live action Batman in the 90s and he practically crashed & died with Bat nips AKA Batman & Robin. Even Christopher Nolan's praised Dark Knight trilogy is PG-13. Fox with Deadpool franchise, the only current superhero film franchise with a R rating. Life is not a superhero film, so apples & oranges.

The only other superhero films (or at least based on comic book entities) rated R are Blade (except Bade Trinity) & The Punisher (all of them).
thanks for clarifying my point. The dude says it like superhero films depending on how the writers want it, can't take on a R rating. R rating isn't just based on a film being dark or bearing graphic imageries, a lot of c0medy films are R rated and many of them didn't feature violence.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2018
MJBOLT:

Littt.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Thegamingorca(m): 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The turd in the wind line made it worthwhile.

That was the last joke cracked by venom
cao:

My issue with Venom is that its origin relies heavily on Spider-Man AND Peter Parker. Granted, I'm okay with change with the story if it makes sense - like the X-Men until they destroyed the timeline and I had to really start looking at them as AUs. X3 is terrible on both a fanboy & non-fanboy perspective, especially since the Cure storyline is one of the comics I actually own and it brought back Colossus from the grave. Plus, it had one of my fave covers (Kitty phasing through Colossus) and it was written by Joss Whedon.

Anywho, it's odd that a Venom origin story doesn't include Spidey, since Eddie and the symbiote's hatred for both Spidey & Peter is essential to them bonding as Venom. So, I've been apprehensive to giving Venom a shot. Plus, that "...turd in the wind" line doesn't help matters at all. That line has almost single handedly made me not want to watch it, regardless of the fact, that this live action Venom is very visually accurate.

This movie rocked
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BraniacX(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2018
MJBOLT:

Hell yeah! cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2018
MJBOLT:

Oh dang! King Pin is back and everything is going to s**t for the Man without Fear. I'm ready for this.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by HyDef(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2018
cao:

Logan and Watchmen too.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luchiana1(f): 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2018
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2018
HyDef:

Logan and Watchmen too.
I was actually thinking of film franchises, but yup those ones also count.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 10:59am On Oct 09, 2018
Forget the critics, Venom's reviews from the audience has been quite good. Wonder why no one is talking about it here or is it because it's a Sony movie? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 11:04am On Oct 09, 2018
Read the reviews on this trailer link. Folks are actually praising the movie.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Forget the critics, Venom's reviews from the audience has been quite good. Wonder why no one is talking about it here or is it because it's a Sony movie? angry angry angry angry angry
Can't watch. Not in close proximity to a cinema. Will have to wait for the clear version to be available for download.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 1:41pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kaycee7:
Can't watch. Not in close proximity to a cinema. Will have to wait for the clear version to be available for download.
Heard the film is quite good. From the audience though.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 2:39pm On Oct 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Heard the film is quite good. From the audience though.
What I heard was that the plot was meh. But Eddie/Venom was solid. As if I would ever doubt Tom Hardy.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Thegamingorca(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
Kaycee7:
What I heard was that the plot was meh. But Eddie/Venom was solid. As if I would ever doubt Tom Hardy.

TOm fit the role perfectly. Nigga owned that sh1t
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by HyDef(m): 1:25am On Oct 10, 2018
cao:

I was actually thinking of film franchises, but yup those ones also count.

Oh, I see. Forgive me.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:14am On Oct 13, 2018
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by chrisbaxtian(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BlackManta(m): 11:26am On Oct 13, 2018
MJBOLT:
netflix cancels iron fist
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/10/13/iron-fist-cancelled-netflix-marvel-no-season-3/

Hallelujah cheesy
Good riddance to bad rubbish angry
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 11:43am On Oct 13, 2018
the two seasons of iron fist is better than 99% of DCEU

BlackManta:
Hallelujah cheesy
Good riddance to bad rubbish angry

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BlackManta(m): 12:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
MJBOLT:

And yet DCEU have not been scrapped or rebooted.
In fact they are moving forward and will be dropping 2-3 movies per year starting from next year cheesy

Iron fist hit the rocks just like Inhumans.

Abeg when was the last time a DC TV series got cancelled cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 12:39pm On Oct 13, 2018
you mean the same DCEU with confused writers and directors and is known for producing the worst movies year in year out,powerless,constantine,birds of prey are now marvel series undecided dont even get me started boy and powerless was cancelled last year

BlackManta:
And yet DCEU have not been scrapped or rebooted.
In fact they are moving forward and will be dropping 2-3 movies per year starting from next year cheesy

Iron fist hit the rocks just like Inhumans.

Abeg when was the last time a DC TV series got cancelled cheesy

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 1:10pm On Oct 13, 2018
MJBOLT:

When will you people stop this puerile fanboyism. Una blood go just dey hot ontop small issue. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by BlackManta(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2018
MJBOLT:
you mean the same DCEU with confused writers and directors and is known for producing the worst movies year in year out,powerless,constantine,birds of prey are now marvel series undecided dont even get me started boy and powerless was cancelled last year

DC shows hardly gets cancelled.
You dug up Birds of prey an old show that ended over 13 years ago cheesy
Constantine got cancelled 4 years ago.
Timeless is less popular small sitcom that stopped last year.

Meanwhile Marvel cancelled two over hyped TV shows in less than 6 months. cheesy

If DC does a big popular TV show, it will hardly get cancelled.
Even that shitty Supergirl is already on season 4.

But the over hyped Inhumans hit the rocks.
Iron Fist copied Arrow origin story and was gonna whip Oliver Queen's ass but now everything don collapse cheesy

6 months is all it took to cancel those two over hyped shows.
With the speedy rate at which they are cancelling shows, we might celebrate another cancellation next year. cheesy
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
so stating facts now equals fanboyism undecided

superbloke:
When will you people stop this puerile fanboyism. Una blood go just dey hot ontop small issue. Na wa o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.