Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (665192 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:17pm On May 23, 2019
so all of a sudden no DC tard can mention flopzam,the last few pages on the DCEU threadlittle or no mention of it,you must be ashamed of it grin

We all know who the real thieves are

MCU-2OO8,DCEU-2O13

Thor-2010,MoS-2013

Avengers-2O12,JL-2017

GOTG-2014,SS-2016

CA:First Avenger-2010,WW-2017

BP-FEB 2018,Aquaman-DEC 2018

Spiderman trilogy-2OO2-2007,TDK trilogy-2OO5-2013

#DCThieves

philfearon:
The only reason this Marvetits are not making noise about Endgame BO is because it didn't gross more than Avatar... Chai!

When Minemrys used to say that Marvel sits down their staff to watch Superman movie before going into production, i thought he was just exaggerating it a bit... Then i realized that the name "MCU" was stolen from The Dark Knight movie. Damn! What i didn't even didn't even realize is that DC started the MCU too for Marvel, to the extent they stole the name outrightly and formed their own unit off of it.
Thieves.

The Major Crimes Unit (MCU) is a fictional police squad in the Gotham Police Department, in the Nolan films continuity. The first commander of the unit was Lieutenant James Gordon, after the events of Batman Begins.

Lest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:20pm On May 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 5:22pm On May 23, 2019
MJBOLT:
so all of a sudden no DC tard can mention flopzam,the last few pages on the DCEU threadlittle or no mention of it,you must be ashamed of it grin

We all know who the real thieves are

MCU-2OO8,DCEU-2O13

Avengers-2O12,JL-2013

GOTG-2014,SS-2016

CA:First Avenger-2010,WW-2017

BP-FEB 2018,Aquaman-DEC 2018

Spiderman trilogy-2OO2-2007,TDK trilogy-2OO5-2013

#DCThieves

Ever heard about the words "Off Point?"

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2019
[quote author=MJBOLT post=78653107][/quote]

Troll

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:24pm On May 23, 2019
he's mentioning offpoint?first hold this one

philfearon:

Ever heard about the words "Off Point?"

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2019
MJBOLT:
he's mentioning offpoint?first hold this one

Lol.
Just giving you free Lessons FOC... No need giving out L. L's are hard to come by this days, can't be dashing out free L's anyhow!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 5:32pm On May 23, 2019
at the end of the day the DCEU is a ripoff of the MCU.EOD

philfearon:

Lol.
Just giving you free Lessons FOC... No need giving out L. L's are hard to come by this days, can't be dashing out free L's anyhow!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by KingGoblin: 5:37pm On May 23, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
I understand you're trying to be conservative or highly skeptical, but you seem to be forgetting how big Spider-Man has been in the media recently. Tom Holland is an acclaimed Spider-Man actor and this movie will be riding on the waves of Endgame's success. In fact it's basically serving as an epilogue to Endgame. Not to mention Spidey just coming off one of the most acclaimed superhero games of recent memory and THE most acclaimed superhero animated theatrical feature of all time. To cap it all off, Spider-Man Far From Home is currently the most anticipated movie of the summer according to Fandango. If Far From Home breaks 85% plus on RT, it's definitely going to be a beast at the B.O.

pu7pl3:

B.O. 500-650. R.T. 65-75%
Can you possibly justify this prediction? This is the probably the most pessimistic prediction i've seen concerning this movie.

philfearon:

May 24. Theaters
Aladdin (2019) 4,400+
Booksmart 2,500
Brightburn 2,605

May 31 Theaters
Godzilla 2 Nationwide
Ma Nationwide
Rocketman Nationwide

grin cheesy grin cheesy
None of the above will affect it.
Also, Far From Home has two full weeks before it comes accross any competition. It will make most of its money within that period. Provided it has good WOM that is...

Now for my predictions:

Rotten Tomatoes: 87%-90%
Aesthetically speaking, FFH looks like a big step up from Homecoming. It also appears to be more action packed and at a much larger scale than its predecessor which is typical for an MCU sequel. The story looks like it will contain lots of twists and unexpected plot beats and Mysterio looks very promising. However, i'm guessing (based on what i can speculate will happen in the movie), critics will look at FFH the way they looked at Guardians vol 2 and see it as inferior to Homecoming. This is just guesswork btw. I personally hope and believe it has the potential to beat Homecoming critically.

Box Office
$1.025bn

I've done this calculation already
1/ Spider-Man (2002) - $821,7 mil. > 403,7 US + 418 OS.

2/ Spider-Man 2 (2004) - $783,8 mil. > 373,6 US + 410,2 OS.

3/ Spider-Man 3 (2007) - $890,9 mil. > 336,5 US + 554,3 OS.

4/ TASM1 (2012) - $757,9 mil. > 262
US + 495,9 OS (48,8 China).

5/ TASM2 (2014) - $709 mil. > 202,9 US + 506,1 OS (94,4 China).

6/ Spider-Man HC(2017) - $880,2 mil. > 334,2 US (117 o.w.) + 546 OS (116,3 China).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An average of $807,3 mil WW. OS markets especially average $488,4 mil. $550 mil from OS is a safe bet considering China.
Realistically it should probably be closer to $600-650 mil.

$900-1100 mil is the most probable range.
My prediction.
US ow $125 mil , US total $400 mil.
OS total $625 mil (China $200 mil). WW total $1025 mil.

Boxofficepro.com early tracking said:
$90-120 mil US opening weekend for a $405 mil US total.

cc. IKON360, MJBOLT, hulk616, Vic2Ree

KING

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 5:43pm On May 23, 2019
MJBOLT:
Ask DC
as in washington dc? Thats Trump's arena bro.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by IKON360(m): 5:52pm On May 23, 2019
KingGoblin:

I understand you're trying to be conservative or highly skeptical, but you seem to be forgetting how big Spider-Man has been in the media recently. Tom Holland is an acclaimed Spider-Man actor and this movie will be riding on the waves of Endgame's success. In fact it's basically serving as an epilogue to Endgame. Not to mention Spidey just coming off one of the most acclaimed superhero games of recent memory and THE most acclaimed superhero animated theatrical feature of all time. To cap it all off, Spider-Man Far From Home is currently the most anticipated movie of the summer according to Fandango. If Far From Home breaks 85% plus on RT, it's definitely going to be a beast at the B.O.

Can you possibly justify this prediction? This is the probably the most pessimistic prediction i've seen concerning this movie.

Also, Far From Home has two full weeks before it comes accross any competition. It will make most of its money within that period. Provided it has good WOM that is...

Now for my predictions:

Aesthetically speaking, FFH looks like a big step up from Homecoming. It also appears to be more action packed and at a much larger scale than its predecessor which is typical for an MCU sequel. The story looks like it will contain lots of twists and unexpected plot beats and Mysterio looks very promising. However, i'm guessing (based on what i can speculate will happen in the movie), critics will look at FFH the way they looked at Guardians vol 2 and see it as inferior to Homecoming. This is just guesswork btw. I personally hope and believe it has the potential to beat Homecoming critically.

Box Office
$1.025bn

6/ Spider-Man HC(2017) - $880,2 mil. > 334,2 US (117 o.w.) + 546 OS (116,3 China).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An average of $807,3 mil WW. OS markets especially average $488,4 mil. $550 mil from OS is a safe bet considering China.

My prediction.

KING
Well I hope FFH just turns out to be a good watch, I want to watch a good movie that I will willingly watch 3 or 4 times. Not that slumbfest that Homecoming was aspiring to be.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 5:52pm On May 23, 2019
philfearon:
LoL. Please bĂ­tch...

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2019
philfearon:
The only reason this Marvetits are not making noise about Endgame BO is because it didn't gross more than Avatar... Chai!

When Minemrys used to say that Marvel sits down their staff to watch Superman movie before going into production, i thought he was just exaggerating it a bit... Then i realized that the name "MCU" was stolen from The Dark Knight movie. Damn! What i didn't even didn't even realize is that DC started the MCU too for Marvel, to the extent they stole the name outrightly and formed their own unit off of it.
Thieves.

The Major Crimes Unit (MCU) is a fictional police squad in the Gotham Police Department, in the Nolan films continuity. The first commander of the unit was Lieutenant James Gordon, after the events of Batman Begins.

Lest
What a whole lot of noise. Imagine DCbots mocking marvel fans about Endgame not grossing Avatar when none of their movies have even crossed 1.5 billion talk less of 2. LMFAO!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 6:03pm On May 23, 2019
KingGoblin:

[color=#770077]Can you possibly justify this prediction? This is the probably the most pessimistic prediction i've seen concerning this

cc.

KING

4th of july? Toy story 4? Lion king?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 6:53pm On May 23, 2019
Vic2Ree:

What a whole lot of noise. Imagine DCbots mocking marvel fans about Endgame not grossing Avatar when none of their movies have even crossed 1.5 billion talk less of 2. LMFAO!
lol. Em, bia victory, ur own d0n do oh.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by KingGoblin: 7:02pm On May 23, 2019
pu7pl3:

4th of july? Toy story 4? Lion king?
Besides Independence day, Far from home will have two weeks free of competition to itself. It should be just fine as most blockbuster movies make 70 to 80 percent of their money in the first two weeks anyways.

And even if it is plagued by terrible reviews and WOM, it should still gross higher than 800mil.

Your prediction is highly unrealistic i must say.

KING

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 7:15pm On May 23, 2019
Minemrys:
lol. Em, bia victory, ur own d0n do oh.
Minemrys pls free me, make i talk my own. LoL!

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2019
Vic2Ree:

DC have not set up a movie with 21 movies before. And no, it's not a mock, just statement of facts!!!
By your reply, it's obvious you are pained, money you no get!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 23, 2019
philfearon:

Thieves.

Lest
marvel is so good that DC fans are going offline for days, researching something that connects DC to great MCU. grin
Iuwe, kinggrapha, raalsalghul and etc will soon come out with something

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by philfearon(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2019
KingGoblin:

Quote accordingly. My reference is to Endgame, not Spiderman.

Now for my predictions:

Box Office
$1.025bn

My prediction.

KING
Just for future references! grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 23, 2019
Vic2Ree:

1.5 billion dollars is too much for DC
Let them gross over 1.177 billion grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 23, 2019
philfearon:

DC have not set up a movie with 21 movies before. And no, it's not a mock, just statement of facts!!!
By your reply, it's obvious you are pained, money you no get!
he said none of their movies meaning NO MOVIE.
When MCU had 7 movies, it already had a 1.5 billion dollars movie.
DC is a failure

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MJBOLT: 8:19pm On May 23, 2019
hulk616:
1.5 billion dollars is too much for DC Let them gross over 1.177 billion grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 8:38pm On May 23, 2019
hulk616:
marvel is so good that DC fans are going offline for days, researching something that connects DC to great MCU. grin
very funny guy. Na wheel barrow go kidnap u las las
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 8:39pm On May 23, 2019
[quote author=MJBOLT post=78657807][/quote] lol. Yeye. Dis one dy laf. No worry. E go happen las las. Hulk616.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 23, 2019
Minemrys:

very funny guy. Na wheel barrow go kidnap u las las
grin grin wheel barrow for hulk?
Use wheel barrow to kidnap Supermans mother grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by iamJ(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2019
Vic2Ree:
MJBOLT, hulk616, Afobear, XxSabrinaxX, Shittaakeem, MrDojo, gustav25, IamJ, JOFF, cao, waywardpikin, Guykhena, Lana1, Breegz14, KingGoblin, Buharifanatic, nani6666, IKON360, hablink, Kaycee7.....

TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, Pu7pl3, iuwe.....

And Laurene.....

Spiderman: Far from home is around the corner. Drop your box office & rotten tomatoes predictions...
marvel wouldn't make money from Spiderman , the film is paid for by Sony, they are just using marvels name to sell it

Most of the profit will go to Sony, as a true marvel fan I don't care how much it makes cause it doesn't go into marvels pocket but 800m is ok
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 23, 2019
iamJ:
marvel wouldn't make money from Spiderman , the film is paid for by Sony, they are just using marvels name to sell it

Most of the profit will go to Sony, as a true marvel fan I don't care how much it makes cause it doesn't go into marvels pocket but 800m is ok
undecided undecided
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Raalsalghul: 9:08pm On May 23, 2019
hulk616:
Same Marvel Confused Universe that had to wait for BvS and Ww before having balls to go ahead with CA:CW and CM.

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2019
Vic2Ree:
MJBOLT, hulk616, Afobear, XxSabrinaxX, Shittaakeem, MrDojo, gustav25, IamJ, JOFF, cao, waywardpikin, Guykhena, Lana1, Breegz14, KingGoblin, Buharifanatic, nani6666, IKON360, hablink, Kaycee7.....

TheKingIsHere, Minemrys, Pu7pl3, iuwe.....

And Laurene.....

Spiderman: Far from home is around the corner. Drop your box office & rotten tomatoes predictions...
It will make money.
It will be entertaining.
That's all.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Kaycee7(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2019
iamJ:

The ones that go into Marvel's pockets, they don reason you "eye wey see"? Abeg shift!

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 9:24pm On May 23, 2019
KingGoblin:

Besides Independence day, Far from home will have two weeks free of competition to itself. It should be just fine as most blockbuster movies make 70 to 80 percent of their money in the first two weeks anyways.

And even if it is plagued by terrible reviews and WOM, it should still gross higher than 800mil.

Your prediction is highly unrealistic i must say.

KING
Lol...i dont think it is but ok

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Minemrys: 9:28pm On May 23, 2019
hulk616:
grin grin wheel barrow for hulk? Use wheel barrow to kidnap Supermans mother grin
yeye. Na efcc get ur matter. Trolling dc fans is n0w a cyber crime, lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (539) (Reply)

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.