Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) (33183 Views)

Buhari, APC NWC Meet To Decide Senate Presidency, Senator Lawan Favored. / Yaradua Cabal Member, Tanimu Yakubu Favored To Be Buhari's Finance Minister / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by dadexcel: 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
double0seven:
Do some people still listen to this guy?

Only idiots will stand start debating anything with him.
. NO my friend! I beg to disagree! Its actually only intelligent and well informed people that will have the patience and the interest in a well analyzed, researched and drafted piece of facts like this one! My take though!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:19pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Who is living in denier between a SW and SS/SE, when the SS/SE is trying to tell me whats going on in my side?

Who cares if it is your "side"?? undecided

This is Nigeria, and when people of intellect like SeverusSnape and barcanista speaks, you have to listen, It's obvious we know your "side" more than you, Do you think South West is Kwara alone...last time I checked, you're not even a South westerner, you're a NORTHERNER!... so stop saying "my side".

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by aresa: 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ngwakwe:

My moderatorship is a free civil function to humanity hence I have no gain or loss if disengaged.

I presuppose you meant Zamfara State and not Lagos State and moreover, I am confident that Jonathan has done his homework in Southwest and paid his dues hence my confidence that he will win in the region and by extension the presidential election.

After doing your home work, you sit back a&d relax while anticipating assured victory, you dont keep sleeping in the same place shuttling from one palace palace to the next begging and wearing ogboni dress like a desperate loser. The only reason he's sleeping in the SW and begging all over the place is because he is losing and he did not do any homework.

Must your logic be always upside down. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by olapluto(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
ziccoit:

I'm not joking. I'm very serious here. This is never an exaggeration. Less than 5%, yes less than 5% of SWners I have spoken with agreed to vote GEJ. Mind you, I meet up to 400-500 people every week in my line of duty. These are grassroots people that actually do the voting. SW is a no going area for GEJ.
You want them to postpone election again? Abeg leave PDP and their gang of endorsers. I speak to people daily, listen to radio programs and people calling in, sample opinion on fb, from hardcore Yoruba grassroot people. The message is very clear. There are few people who want to vote GEJ just to antagonise the popular choice. That is normal.
I spoke to a core Redeem pastor who said his family's votes were guaranteed for Buhari. This is a man who ran away from Gombe and now lives in Lagos. He said he echoes the voice of his congregation.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2015
dadexcel:
. NO my friend! I beg to disagree! Its actually only intelligent and well informed people that will have the patience and the interest in a well analyzed, researched and drafted piece of facts like this one! My take though!
Don't mind this double0seven James Bond wannabe, If he thinks it's easy, let him go and draft his own analysis. Hypocrite!...he thinks the op just sat down to pen this, It requires research.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Rilwayne001: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Who cares if it is your "side"?? undecided

And who cares about your foolish opinion undecided

This is Nigeria, and [s] when people of intellect like SeverusSnape and barcanista speaks, you have to listen, [/s]

People intelect you call it? so you claim to be intelligent as well? bros youare nothing but a dummkopf. and as for barca, we all know who he is

Hello Chief Gbawe
I have been receiving threat messages from people, who claimed to be privy to government insider information. They have been "warning" me that I am marked and I should watch it. Its unfortunate though but I am afraid of the desperation of the power-hunters in government. I may consider backing off from NL except I am guaranteed a form of Security from any quarter(APC or.concerned fellow progressives). Please, I don't want to post this on nairaland.
Thank you
Tonye/Barcanista

^^^A man that places importance to his e-life suggests a man that has a very miserable real life.

[s] It's obvious we know your "side" more than you, Do you think South West is Kwara alone...last time I checked, you're not even a South westerner, you're a NORTHERNER!... so stop saying "my side". [/s]

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by integralng: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
How true is the phrase "Yoruba won't vote Jonathan"?

The political terrain of the South West is controlled/shared among the Social Democratic Party, Accord Party, All Progressive Congress, People's Democratic Party and the usual dark horse Labour Party. The SDP, PDP, Accord and LP are queuing behind the re-election of President Jonathan. Only the APC is with Muhammadu Buhari. While the SDP and Accord may sound like a lightweight to some readers, indices on ground shows otherwise. A Look at the present political fortunes of pro-Jonathan parties in the SW..

Social Democratic Party
The SDP led by Olu Falae and Osoba is more prominent in Ogun State. All 3 Senators from the state are members of SDP. The party also boasts of 5 out of 9 House of Reps delegation from Ogun state(2 each for PDP and APC), the Deputy Governor, former cabinet members of Amosun, and some state legislators. In other words, neither the APC nor the PDP can boast of any incumbent Senator from Ogun State. SDP is also very prominent in Oyo State with Mr Makinde, a popular millionaire leading its rank. The party is queuing behind Jonathan in the Presidential poll.

Accord Party
Accord Party is more formidable in Oyo State, especially Ibadan. Of the three Senators from Oyo, two(2) are of Accord Party, the other is a PDP man. The party led by the popular charismatic former Governor Ladoja is the leading party for the Oyo State Guber election. As long as Oyo is concerned, Accord Party is a force to be reckoned with. The party is queuing behind Jonathan in the Presidential poll

Labour Party
Labour Party is the usual dark horse in Yoruba politics since 2007. It is prominent in Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo and Ogun States. In Oyo State, it is led by exGovernor Alao Akala who is the Governorship candidate. Akala's stronghold is his Ogbomoso town. The party is also relatively popular in Oyo town and Ibadan of the state. The party is queuing behind Jonathan in the Presidential poll

People's Democratic Party
Peoples' Democratic Party arose from its 2011 misfortune/near extinction to become a force again in 2015. No thanks to the division of its party in Oyo, Ekiti, Lagos and Ogun States. Fortunately for the party, they are now united in Lagos(for the first time since 2006), Ogun State (after 5 years of division), Ekiti and Ondo States(after almost one year of division). In other words, the party is participating in 2015 as a united team- except in Oyo state. In Ogun State, the PDP boasts of two Reps members and about 10 State legislators. In Oyo state, it boasts of one senate seat. In Ekiti, it recently won the Governorship election in all 16 LGA. In Ondo State, the defection of Governor Mimiko and two Senators from the State means a lot to the party. Though it almost caused rift among members of the State chapter of the party. In Lagos state, for the first time since 2005, the party is working together as a team. Jonathan is the PDP Candidate.
Let me begin by saying:'Yoruba won't vote for Jonathan' is not a phrase,it is a statement.You don't call a group of words that has verbs such as 'will'(won't) and 'vote' a phrase.Anyway,that was on a light note.In view of the factors you have stated ,I am of the conviction that the next presidential election will tilt towards the candidate of the APC General Muhammadu Buhari.The mushroom political parties such as the SDP and the LP don't have the structures to call out their supporters to give bloc votes to GEJ.Besides Gbenga Kaka who is a former deputy Governor of Ogun,two other senators won the senatorial elections not on the basis of their political structure or popularity but on the strength of the party the A CN then.Although Segun Osoba is a strong factor in Ogun State,you must be aware of the fact that he is not standing any election and his party does not have a candidate in the presidential election.Most of the sympathisers of the SDP in Ogun State may not have much interest in any election except the local election which is the gubernatorial election.You should also take note that the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC Professor Yemi Osinbanjo is an indigene of Ogun State and an in-law to the late late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.So a non-party member/neutral indigene of Ogun State will find voting for the APC/GMB more rewarding than throwing their weight to GEJ/Sambo who are foreigners.Concerning your assertion that GEJ will benefit adequately from the Akala/Makinde/Ladoja,please do note that these three people draw their supporters from the PDP so they may not be able to command more votes in this year's election than they did in 2011 when they asked all their supporters to vote for GEJ.It should also be mentioned that during the 2011 presidential election,Akala was still the governor of Oyo State that time so it was very easy for the PDP to mobilise supports for GEJ.But today,Akala,who you claim has a strong support base in Ogbomosho,will need to contend with Soun of Ogbomosho's factor whose son is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC.Soun is a strong/influential traditional ruler in that part of the state.Putting the foregoing into consideration,it is not illogical to posit that the Akala's factor in Ogbomosho may be wittled down in the presidential election.What will happen in Ogbomosho may play out in Oyo town where Alaafin of Oyo holds sway.Alaafin is a strong Oba in Oyo State and he delivered all the four local governments in Oyo Town to the A CN in 2011.This time around,one of his sons is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC in Oyo.On Seyi Makinde,I will not waste my time putting forward any argument to counter your sentiment because nobody knows him.He is a paper- weight politician.In response to your assertion that the PDP is united in Ondo,I want to say that is far from the truth.There is a sharp division in the PDP in the state.The old PDP members led by Oluwole Oke are not on the same page with the New PDP led by Mimiko.The Oluwole Oke's group has accused the Mimiko's group of sidelining them in the presidential campaign hence their resolve to prove a point that they were the ones that actually gave GEJ massive votes in 2011 and not Mimiko.They are ready to sit on the fence in the presidential election. Finally,your mentioning of the one fathom Justice Group(as one of the reasons GEJ will win in Lagos)is very laughable.Who is the leader of that group and what are the positions he has held before?In case you don't know:PDP died in Lagos State in 2011 when like of Demola Seriki(a Minister under Yaradua),Femi Pedro,Hon Salau(a political juggernault from Epe),Dr Wale Ahmed(PDP Publicity Secretary in Lagos),Lanre Rasak dumped the Umbrella for the A CN.Do you mean Bode George(who is the leader of the PDP and godfather of Jimi Agbaje) that has never won any election in his polling unit since 1999 will be the one that will mobilise for GEJ?Or Ogunlewe who since leaving the AD(the platform on which he was voted as a senator in 1999) and pitching his tent with the PDP has never delivered his Ikorodu local government to the PDP before?Or Musiliu Obanikoro who the last election he won was in 2003 (on the platform of the Tinubu's Alliance for Democracy?).I am waiting...patiently...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by 7lives: 6:24pm On Mar 16, 2015
sunayo:

The problem with APC supporters is that you guys hate truth because your party thrives on lies and propaganda. Did you just. Say OPC and Afenifere have no influence in SW? Wait till 28th of March.

Again you said you know 50 people who have switched because of OPC vandalism, what a big lie from you. Well, I also know many people who will never vote anything APC in SW because of their voilent and "agberoism" especially in Lagos.

Mind you, I'm Yoruba(Balogun) is my surname. I, my wife, Igbo neighbours, many relaatives, many friends, most of my friends are voting GEJ. I reside in Satelite lagos. I agree more with the OP. GEJ will win SW come 28th of March. Enjoy your propaganda, lies and self deciet while it last.

Yoruba are peace loving people, they will develop instant hatred for anyone perceived as trying to destroy their peace.
This is why whoever is encouraing violence and shenanigans in pdp is only destroying jona's chances at the polls. The damage done in Oshodi is gradually sinking in, those who want to vote to pdp are changing their minds 'cause they felt like a vote for pdp is a vote for anarchy.Let them continue to terrorize people in the name of campaign and protest, people are waiting for march 28 to reply pdp for all the assault on Yoruba sensibilities.

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by mrmetoo1: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
APC will retain Ogun? Obviously you know nothing or too little about the politics of Ogun State. It is very easy to talk but on what basis? Buhari will be shocked...I doubt if you know how Apc won ogun in the first place. As for Oyo, you sure don't understand politics of Oyo State...Remember Ekiti!

Ah Barcanista!! Pls stop fooling yourself in public. APC is going to lose Ogun?!?! My guy pls go and face your SS brothers, you know absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

And who cares about your foolish opinion undecided

People intelect you call it? so you claim to be intelligent as well? bros youare nothing but a dummkopf. and as for barca, we all know who he is

Hello Chief Gbawe
I have been receiving threat messages from people, who claimed to be privy to government insider information. They have been "warning" me that I am marked and I should watch it. Its unfortunate though but I am afraid of the desperation of the power-hunters in government. I may consider backing off from NL except I am guaranteed a form of Security from any quarter(APC or.concerned fellow progressives). Please, I don't want to post this on nairaland.
Thank you
Tonye/Barcanista

^^^A man that places importance to his e-life suggests a man that has a very miserable real life.

[s] It's obvious we know your "side" more than you, Do you think South West is Kwara alone...last time I checked, you're not even a South westerner, you're a NORTHERNER!... so stop saying "my side". [/s]
Pained mofo, why didn't you reply the last paragraph... You know you're not a southwesterner, you're a Northerner under the Fulani emirate, So you're just like me a non-southwesterner,

Southwesterner wannabe undecided

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by taharqa: 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
gabriel212:

Please let me tell you
My Dad asked me who am I voting I told him GMB
3 of my brothers are for GMB
In my office except wale 6 of us are voting GMB
At my head office 70% for GMB
I purposely mounted bike last weeks( at Ayobo) and I started discusion the man told me every body is for GMB
This morning I asked the Malam who sell in front of my office who is he going for he said GMB Even if they will shoot him
But that does not mean I have not seen people voting gej but it is ratio 4:1 as far as I have seen
Also my younger brother who work directly with one of the pdp Gov told me the shout of CHANGE is just too much and it is affecting his allowances

The same way you talkative Tinubu-Yorubas (a tiny mibority) told us that everybody you knew were voting for APC in Ekiti, and that they hated Fayose the thug. What happened on election day??
Una eyes go soon clear. It's just less than 2 weeks away.

By the way, the Yorba have NEVER voted a northerner as President when there was an opposing SOUTHERN candidate. NEVER. And it isn't going to start now

5 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by ziccoit: 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
integralng:
Let me begin by saying:'Yoruba won't vote for Jonathan' is not a phrase,it is a statement.You don't call a group of words that has verbs such as 'will'(won't) and 'vote' a phrase.Anyway,that was on a light note.In view of the factors you have stated ,I am of the conviction that the next presidential election will tilt towards the candidate of the APC General Muhammadu Buhari.The mushroom political parties such as the SDP and the LP don't have the structures to call out their supporters to give bloc votes to GEJ.Besides Gbenga Kaka who is a former deputy Governor of Ogun,two other senators won the senatorial elections not on the basis of their political structure or popularity but on the strength of the party the A CN then.Although Segun Osoba is a strong factor in Ogun State,you must be aware of the fact that he is not standing any election and his party does not have a candidate in the presidential election.Most of the sympathisers of the SDP in Ogun State may not have much interest in any election except the local election which is the gubernatorial election.You should also take note that the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC Professor Yemi Osinbanjo is an indigene of Ogun State and an in-law to the late late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.So a non-party member/neutral indigene of Ogun State will find voting for the APC/GMB more rewarding than throwing their weight to GEJ/Sambo who are foreigners.Concerning your assertion that GEJ will benefit adequately from the Akala/Makinde/Ladoja,please do note that these three people draw their supporters from the PDP so they may not be able to command more votes in this year's election than they did in 2011 when they asked all their supporters to vote for GEJ.It should also be mentioned that during the 2011 presidential election,Akala was still the governor of Oyo State that time so it was very easy for the PDP to mobilise supports for GEJ.But today,Akala,who you claim has a strong support base in Ogbomosho,will need to contend with Soun of Ogbomosho's factor whose son is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC.Soun is a strong/influential traditional ruler in that part of the state.Putting the foregoing into consideration,it is not illogical to posit that the Akala's factor in Ogbomosho may be wittled down in the presidential election.What will happen in Ogbomosho may play out in Oyo town where Alaafin of Oyo holds sway.Alaafin is a strong Oba in Oyo State and he delivered all the four local governments in Oyo Town to the A CN in 2011.This time around,one of his sons is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC in Oyo.On Seyi Makinde,I will not waste my time putting forward any argument to counter your sentiment because nobody knows him.He is a paper- weight politician.In response to your assertion that the PDP is united in Ondo,I want to say that is far from the truth.There is a sharp division in the PDP in the state.The old PDP members led by Oluwole Oke are not on the same page with the New PDP led by Mimiko.The Oluwole Oke's group has accused the Mimiko's group of sidelining them in the presidential campaign hence their resolve to prove a point that they were the ones that actually gave GEJ massive votes in 2011 and not Mimiko.They are ready to sit on the fence in the presidential election. Finally,your mentioning of the one fathom Justice Group(as one of the reasons GEJ will win in Lagos)is very laughable.Who is the leader of that group and what are the positions he has held before?In case you don't know:PDP died in Lagos State in 2011 when like of Demola Seriki(a Minister under Yaradua),Femi Pedro,Hon Salau(a political juggernault from Epe),Dr Wale Ahmed(PDP Publicity Secretary in Lagos),Lanre Rasak dumped the Umbrella for the A CN.Do you mean Bode George(who is the leader of the PDP and godfather of Jimi Agbaje) that has never won any election in his polling unit since 1999 will be the one that will mobilise for GEJ?Or Ogunlewe who since leaving the AD(the platform on which he was voted as a senator in 1999) and pitching his tent with the PDP has never delivered his Ikorodu local government to the PDP before?Or Musiliu Obanikoro who the last election he won was in 2003 (on the platform of the Tinubu's Alliance for Democracy?).I am waiting...patiently...

Brilliant.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Ngwakwe:

What percentage vote did Aregbesola win the election over his PDP counterpart?

The choice is between Buhari and Jonathan for which we all know Jonathan is by far a better candidate.
Who says Jonathan is a better candidate?
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by atlwireles: 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Many without PVC are commenting about an election they will be acting only as bystanders. grin grin grin grin Let's pray for a peaceful March 28th, because Jonathan's victory in the SW is a done deal. Pretend and pontificate all you want, PDP is bulldozing themselves to victory..

Look at Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo and Lagos please be sincere to yourself, is there any chance APC can win in those states. Even Amosu of Ogun is hanging on to his political life by a thread. Oyo will keep to their tradition of no second term for any governor, it is now a race of PDP VS AP. Lagos is the most likely place of an APC governorship victory. Because Fashola's name is still something many cherish and may support APC for that reason. Even Osun state where an APC victory is likely, the spread between Jonathan and Buhari, will be closer. Than Aregbe and Omisore.

Most political parties besides APC and most pressure groups in the SW have just one name in their mouths, and the name is Goodluck.

Like I say, all politics is local. Something APC seems to forget.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Scatterboss(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
stronger:
Nice attempt.

Few points:

(1) Bola Ige said the Yorubas are about 50 years more educationally advanced than the rest of the country. This plays a part in the level of "awareness" and lack of ignorance. What am I trying to say, The yorubas are SMART and will ask themselves WHO IS THE RIGHT CANDIDATE! So I insist that they will not follow one party like a bunch of sheep led to slaughter. They will think for themselves. So your party analyses falls apart when you assume because Accord, SPD or LP say so, yorubas will follow. . lol

(2) Unfortunately Ethnicity and "What has he done for us" still plays a part in Nigerian politics. I say "unfortunately" because the choice of a leader should not be about what he did for ME but what he did for us. That said, most Nigerians still feel that way. Bros, go to the streets and feel the pulse. THE YORUBAS feel very SHORTCHANGED by the GEj Admin. You ca take that to the bank!! And they intend to reciprocate in the elections. . which takes me to point (3)

(3) The Osibanjo effect. This is one of the reasons why Amaechi or Oshiomole did not emerge as VP. Of course the main reason is that Tinubu who is the brain behind ACN and the APC merger had to have a "stake". But because they knew they needed a yoruba vote, they made sure the VP is a YORUBA man! You don't seem to consider this in your analyses. The OUR SON effect (Which GEJ is banking on in Rivers/Delta/Bayelsa) is going to work for Osibanjo, at least to an extent.

(4) The last point I will raise is the OPC/AFENIFERE angle! Wait let me laugh. . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is where you ruined your analyses!!!

The influence of OPC?? Afenifere?!!! Bwahahahahaahah!!

In fact, I won't say much on this except, have you seen the OUTRAGE that has met the current VANDALISATION/PROTESTS of the OPC in Lagos!!! I personally know over 50 people who have switched sides simply because of this action!! Big mistake to think the HATED OPC will get GEj any votes. Wait let me laugh again. . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

May God bless you. Its funny how they think GNI/Bankole will defeat Amosun grin cheesy cheesy Newspaper politics can be deceiving.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by sunayo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=francizy post=31680125]

Brother mi, where in Satellite Town do you stay? shocked[/quote

B
Buba Marwa road.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2015
kokoA:
My brother, like I said before presidential election in Nigeria has nothing to do with the political parties, it has nothing to do with endorsements (genuine or bought).. It has always been about the individuals on the ballot papers.. How many of these Obas and Yoruba leaders endorsed GEJ four years back when southwest was totally in the hands of the defunct ACN? Yet GEJ won in that region because people loved him.. They refused to vote Ribadu who ran under their beloved ACN at that time because of they believed GEJ's lies then. Buhari on other hand has never seek or gotten any major endorsement from anybody since he has been running for presidency, yet he keeps raking in a whooping 13million votes.. This should go a long way to tell you that presidential elections in Nigeria is usually won by the most popular candidate among the masses and not by any gadamm endorsements from traditional or political leaders. Except you have deliberately chosen to be blind and deaf, it is obvious that the most popular candidate in this years election is General Muhammadu Buhari.
Sir, four years ago ACN wasn't in control of SW. It was PDP in Ogun and Oyo, LP in Ondo with Aregbe and Fayemi just one year in office. Why people voted for ACN candidates was because they had thought that their states will be transformed like "hyped" Lagos state. Four years later, Ekiti kicked out Fayemi, many elected officials left APC in Oyo and Ogun. For the Presidential election, Ribadu stood no chance from the on set. Even ACN wasn't keen on winning, party leaders supported GEJ. Today, Buhari isn't popular in SW among the populace. Influential Yorubas aren't even queuing behind him. Tinubu has lost his political goodwill. That's the situation on ground. You need people to sell your candidacy, it is the reason why political leaders and influencers are sought after by candidates.

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by aresa: 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Who says Jonathan is a better candidate?

The most corrupt and incompetent president on the surface of the earth is a better candidate. Don't you want to laugh hysterically. I'm grin
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by stronger: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
Scatterboss:

May God bless you. Its funny how they think GNI/Bankole will defeat Amosun grin cheesy cheesy Newspaper politics can be deceiving.

Hahaha. . I DEY LAUGH o. Some people just refuse to feel the pulse of the streets or they are just deceiving themselves!

The OPC reign of terror today should tell barcanista and co that GEJ has seen defeat CLEARLY!!!! SO they want to intimidate lagosians to NOT come out to vote! Same way they were using a FAKE BOKO HARM FLYER to tell people to not come out for elections in the North. . lol. . baby tactics! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Scatterboss(m): 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
anepete:
I am from a family of 10 and I am from they north. by the grace of Allah Jonathan will get our block vote. becau he has done for the North what the Northern past president could not do for the North .

You are a liar. You are from Kogi, the middle bet. You dont need to lie here.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Keky(m): 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
Sir, four years ago ACN wasn't in control of SW. It was PDP in Ogun and Oyo, LP in Ondo with Aregbe and Fayemi just one year in office. Why people voted for ACN candidates was because they had thought that their states will be transformed like "hyped" Lagos state. Four years later, Ekiti kicked out Fayemi, many elected officials left APC in Oyo and Ogun. For the Presidential election, Ribadu stood no chance from the on set. Even ACN wasn't keen on winning, party leaders supported GEJ. Today, Buhari isn't popular in SW among the populace. Influential Yorubas aren't even queuing behind him. Tinubu has lost his political goodwill. That's the situation on ground. You need people to sell your candidacy, it is the reason why political leaders and influencers are sought after by candidates.
According to your survey or opinion? looooool
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Sooroptimist: 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:

Jesus indeed wept!

I pity your jaundiced mannerism and very infantile way of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Keky(m): 6:47pm On Mar 16, 2015
So according to barcanista, buhari is not popular among the populace in south west, loooooool.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Keky(m): 6:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
atlwireles:
Many without PVC are commenting about an election they will be acting only as bystanders. grin grin grin grin Let's pray for a peaceful March 28th, because Jonathan's victory in the SW is a done deal. Pretend and pontificate all you want, PDP is bulldozing themselves to victory..

Look at Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo and Lagos please be sincere to yourself, is there any chance APC can win in those states. Even Amosu of Ogun is hanging on to his political life by a thread. Oyo will keep to their tradition of no second term for any governor, it is now a race of PDP VS AP. Lagos is the most likely place of an APC governorship victory. Because Fashola's name is still something many cherish and may support APC for that reason. Even Osun state where an APC victory is likely, the spread between Jonathan and Buhari, will be closer. Than Aregbe and Omisore.

Most political parties besides APC and most pressure groups in the SW have just one name in their mouths, and the name is Goodluck.

Like I say, all politics is local. Something APC seems to forget.
pdp in oyo? loool foh dude
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by atlwireles: 6:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
Keky:
pdp in oyo? loool foh dude

Another pretender, is APC not dead in Oyo state? LP, AP and PDP is where all the action is in Oyo state.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by gabriel212: 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2015
taharqa:

The same way you talkative Tinubu-Yorubas told us that everybody you knew were voting for APC in Ekiti, and that they hated Fayose the thug. What happened on election day??
Una eyes go soon clear. It's just less than 2 weeks away.

By the way, the Yorba have NEVER voted a northerner as President when there was an opposing SOUTHERN candidate. NEVER. And it isn't going to start now
òmò ibo telling me about origin
mogbe moku modaran

3 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by masseratti: 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

That's because Buhari even in his dream can't think of winning SE.
oga same for JONATHAN dreaming of winning southwest,we should now leave our own son Osinbajo and vote GEJ abi? ko jo Mehn.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Keky(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2015
And Pdp is relevant? looool. Dont comment on what you dont know dude. The Governorship election is between Ajimobi, Ladoja and Akala. No wonder Ladoja as never mentioned Gej in his campaign cos he knws it will reduce his chances of winning.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by jihday(m): 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
The truth is that the APC sympathisers on social media are quick to assume and insinuate that the SW is a lockdown for APC and Buhari. The truth is that Goodluck Jonathan will triumph in the region. I don't even know how the APC intend to do it or on what basis they based their argument. They have lost ground in Ogun State, Oyo State, Ekiti State and are not in contention in Ondo State. In Lagos State, they are facing a United PDP, aggrived APC members and of course there is the OPC influence. I am not even talking about other influential non Yoruba groups
Typical PDP, you guys just love self servicing, lagosians are tired of gej and in ondo, PDP is split the original PDP members hate the way mimiko has been forced on them and most pple especially the civil servant aren't feeling the guy.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by francizy(m): 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
[quote author=sunayo post=31681972][/quote]

Not far from my area tho
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by emmasege: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

In my personal experience as a south-westerner/Yoruba man with wide contacts across the land, I am yet to meet a single fellow Yoruba that supports Jonathan, and I am not exaggerating.

Perhaps his Yoruba supporters are too timid to defend him or express support for him publicly, or they are so few that they're almost non-existent.
Oh sorry bro. Your survey was biased & skewed towards what u wanted to hear. Am a full fledged Yoruba man & am sorry to disappoint u that I & a number of Yorubas that I know of, are rooting for GEJ.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Iweala Who Worked For Me Is Different From The Iweala Who Worked For GEJ-OBJ / 'better An Ex-dictator Than A Weak President'- UK Telegraph / RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.