Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,415 members, 7,954,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) (33971 Views)

Buhari, APC NWC Meet To Decide Senate Presidency, Senator Lawan Favored. / Yaradua Cabal Member, Tanimu Yakubu Favored To Be Buhari's Finance Minister / How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:

Before 2011, I was here and proudly support Buhari. It has nothing to do with the outcome, but strictly on what is best for Nigeria. If it is about money, we all know guy that is begging people to collect dollars.

For better leadership in Nigeria, it is Sai Buhari all the way!
if GMB is what you called “better leadership“ then Nigeria is doomed.

What has GMB done that qualify him as a good leader?

Which organisation has he led & which democratic government has he led that made you consider him as a better leader?

Nigerians do not want GMB 3 times have GMB been told so by the electorate.

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2015
Scatterboss:

You dont need to argue with them. Someone living far away Ebonyi will come here to boast on how GEJ will win the whole SW, but they will curse you when you remind them that supporters of Rochas and co will also vote for Buhari.

PDP can never win Lagos and Ogun, I dont know much about Oyo state gubernatorial. Yorubas can vote for different candidate on different levels, they did same in 2011 by voting GEJ at the Presidential and voting ACN at the state level. GNI of Ogun PDP will loose woefully just like in 2011, everyone knows he is OGD puppet and thats the problem. They all see OGD as a thief that only empowered frat men while in power, so voting for GNI is like bringing OGD back to power. As for Lasgidi, PDP will also fail woefully. Market women, civil servants, Agbero, and other hidden influence i wont talk about will work for APC. I dont know how OPC(mostly illiterate) will influence votes in Lagos and other SW states. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
@ the bold, whoever secures the votes of the electorate is half way smiling to victory.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by egift(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chigold101:

Which organisation has he led & which democratic government has he led that made you consider him as a better leader?

Read the opinions of others:

barcanista:
Let me start by saying this- It is an indictment on the Government of President Goodluck Jonathan and PDP that Muhammadu Buhari is in the Presidential race. If President Jonathan had tackled Corruption, Insecurity and Executive indiscipline, Nigerians from all works of life will not have clamoured for the return of the 72 Years old Daura-born General in this 2015. If Jonathan had performed up to 50% of his 2011 Campaign promise, the General will be in Daura enjoying his happy retirement after glorious service to the nation.
Below are the reasons I am clamouring for the man that Nigerians call the Amiable General.

1. INSECURITY
Contrary to popular opinion, Boko Haram struck on first on July 26, 2009 when Musa Yaradua was in power by attacking a police station. Immediately, the Government launched a joint Military task force. The combine team of police and military rounded boko haram members. On 30th of July (4 days) over 700 people lost their lives with bokoharam members forming a Huge number of casualty. BH Leader Yusuf was arrested, Shekau fled with injury, the rest of the members scampered for safety, Borno was safe. No aattack was experienced by the administration. Umaru Musa Yaradua only used FOUR days to clear the Boko element. in February 2010, Yar Adua died (May He RIP).
September 2010 Boko Haram regrouped and struck again, this time Jonathan was in Power, they attacked first the Prison in Maiduguri and released their members. They continued spontaneous attack in the NE and even Abuja. The UN building, the Police headquarters etc were not spared. Rather than send the Army and nip them to the bud, Our President on August 2nd of 2012 defended Boko Haram terrorists with the statement: “They (Boko Haram) are our siblings and you cannot send the army to wipe out your family…. We are handling them with a soft approach.”. Despite the fact that over 25 thousand Nigerians have died, over 500 kidnapped including the 276 Chibok school girls, the President and his team has not Jailed any high profile official.

On the Flip side in 1984 as the New Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari was faced with Maitatsine sect which started in 1980 under the government of President Shehu Shagari. Maitatsine had same ideology with Boko Haram, and the Leader was also radical. He was killed by the security forces, though the sect still raged. Buhari took over the reins of power, he crushed the sect that had lasted for FOUR years within months and maitatsine group was nowhere to be found all through the remaining part of his administration.

The same Buhari that stopped Maitetsine, is the same Buhari that Nigerians are yearning for.

2. CORRUPTION
Since the birth of the Jonathan's administration we have heard countless number of corruption cases and executive lawlessness and how they are swept under the rug. In 2012, the President vowed to fight the subsidy thieves that has short-changed Nigeria of over N2 trillion Naira. The EFCC announced that they are commencing the trial of the 140 suspects as reported by the Punch on JULY 25, 2012, Three Years after the report nobody has been convicted or jailed. The disgraced Fmr Aviation Minister Princess Stella Oduah illegally and fraudulently appropriated a whopping N260 million Naira on just two cars for her official use. She was indicted by the Presidential committee to investigate her, rather than prosecute, the President gave her a slap on the wrist by asking her to tender her resignation after much pressure. She's walking freely and campaigning for the President. The Minister of Petroleum Diezani Madweke was indicted for spending a whopping N10 billion just to hire a jet for herself for one year. Rather than face the House of Representative probe, the President in his own wisdom said she doesn't have to honor any probe. She went further to approach the court to prevail on the lower chamber to stop the probe. Interior Minister conducted a sham of a recruitment, billions was realised, people died, nobody was hired. Other corruption cases under the watch of Jonathan. Not forgeting the alleged unremitted billions of dollars.

On the flip side Muhammadu Buhari assumed power at a time when corruption was having its foothold. He constituted a Military tribunal to try corruption case. Many Politicians were detained, some freed eg Ojukwu, Jakande etc and some Jailed. Among High profile personalities to be jailed are Governors: Jim Nwobodo of Anambra (21 Years), Abba Musa Rimi of Kaduna (21 years), Awaal Muhammed Ibrahim of Niger State, Adamu Attah of Kwara State, Chief Melford Okilo of Rivers (21 Years), Abubakar Rimi of Kano(21 Years), His successor Sabo Bakin Zuwo (300years), Aper Aku of Benue State(21 years). Prof Ambrose Ali of Bendel State was convicted for diversion of money belonging to the state, he was handed 100 Years imprisonment but was released after Sir Igbenedion paid a fine on his behalf. Many other politicians and businessmen were convicted for one financial crime or the other. Buhari also went out of his way, to get Umaru Dikko repatriated through the backdoor from the UK, for him to face justice. Though some may say it was not a legitimate strategy, but the fact remains that it was patriotic. then immediate past Vice President Alex Ekweme was arrested and detained, cash amounting to $50,000 was found in his home. He was under trial!exPresident Shagari wasn't spared, he was arrested and detained in his home-as at that time no evidence was got against him. Corruption was fought, with force and was stemmed.

We all believe that the second coming of Muhammadu Buhari will arrest the scourge of institutionalised corruption and indiscipline at all levels irrespective of perpetrators political standing-APC, PDP, APGA, AD or whatever, nobody will be spared.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by egift(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chigold101:

More:

barcanista:
3. EXECUTIVE RASCALITY
Under the Jonathan's administration we have witnessed lots of lawlessness from officers of the government and friends of the President. The Rivers state debacle, the Ekiti incident where it was reported that the then Governor-elect led thugs to beat Honorable Judges inside their own court, the rape in democracy in Ekiti state House, the power show between now AIG Joseph Mbu and Governor Amaechi, the harassment of the Speaker of the House of representative by the Military, the harrassment of some opposition leaders by the Military on the eve of Ekiti polls, the harassment of honorable members of House of Reps by the Police force and other cases. To be fair with the President, all these didn't start from his administration. Obasanjo government did even worse in Anambra and Lagos especially.

On the oither side, General Buhari launched War Against Indiscipline in 1984, he ensured that officers of government and the public conform to absolute discipline. From the street traders to the Teacher to the Head of State himself. Sanitation exercise was introduced in all States Capital. Some may argue that he was brute and harsh, but the bottom line is discipline was instilled.

4. ECONOMY AND INFRASTRUCTURE
While the Jonathan's government continue to assure us that ALL is well, the economic indices isn't pointing to that. Unempoyment rate in on the increase, Key infrastructures are missing. The Government in January 2012 had promised 3 Refineries to be built before the second half of 2013, they went further to sign agreement worth billions with a foreign firm. However, we are in 2015, yet nothing on ground, not even cement and sand mixed together. The existing refineries were promised upgrade yet nothing has changed. Though, I commend him for promoting local manufacturers in the cement and and agricultural sector, but the insincerity in policy implementation and frauds within the system means nothing significant can be achieved or will be achieved other than mediocrity. Our reserves and ECA are empty with rising debt, yet we cant point to significant improvement.

On the other side, Muhammadu Buhari inherited a dwindling economy fraught with graft from Shehu Shagari. Rather than devaluate the naira which was a pre-condition for IMF's bailout, Buhari instead employ austerity measures and counter trade. Like with every austerity policy, jobs were lost temporarily but it only can get better. Through his magnanimity, patriotism and managerial prowess, he cut inflation rate from 23% to 5%. As Petroleum Chairman/NNPC Chief, The Warri/Ekpan Petrochemical Plant, the Portharcourt II Refinery and the Kaduna Refinery was initiated by him. The Warri/Ekpan Petrochemical Plant was later merged with Warri Refinery and renamed Warri Refining Petrochemical Company. Portharcourt II Refinery was also merged with the Old Portharcourt Refinery and Kaduna Refinery stand alone. This Can be confirmed from the official website. http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/phrc.aspx http://www.wrpcnnpcng.com/about2.htm. As PTF Boss, he did lots of developmental jobs from Infrastructures in schools to equipment and drugs in hospitals, to road construction, to mass transit scheme etcetra.

Muhammadu Buhari has served the nation meritoriously. Ideally, he should relax to enjoy time with his Grandchildren in his Daura country home. Sadly, we can't allow him rest while the system go in ruins. Hence my total and unflinching support for the second coming of General Muhammadu Buhari.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Rilwayne001: 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
sunayo:

Did you just say Labour Party did not endorse GEJ? Well, some how you are correct. What they did was ADOPT him as their presidential candidate. I watched Labour Party rally in Abuja this past weekend. It was massive. Google it my friend.

I don't give a lil fvk.

As far as SW is concerned (Ibadan precisely) Labour party is a dead party here. Nobodyis ready to vote AKALA, he has been moving around with touts.

Wether they endorse jonaTAN doesnt disprove the fact that most people here in Ibadan and most friends of mine in other states prefered buhari to him.

Furthermore, accord party is more accepted in ibadan but i have met 3 to 4 supporter of ladoja who are not even thinking of voting jona.

While you are at it, give a list of power blocks in Nigeria politics that have endorse or adopt Buhari. Even Northen elders have come to realize the dangerous game Tinubu is playing with them.

Endorsing and adopting is not an indication of thecandidates acceptance by the electorates. You should compare their campaign rallies and tell me this sh*t.

Most endorsing/adopting jona are doing it for money, punch has already bursted this. What you ought to ask yourself is, where were this groups when GEJ was busy campaigning for empty stadiums in the north? Did you watch his Ogun state rally?

Can you compare any of hus rally in the SW NC, NW, NE to that of jonaTAN in the afformentioned regions?

Mean while the list of endorsement and adoption of GEJ by power blocks across the nation is mounting. You can decieve yourself by saying they've been bribed, that is even making things worse for APC.

Go and ask AKALA in 2011, he was the incubent in oyo state, he was running from churches to mosquws to obas and co for endorsement and theywere endorsing and difderent group springing up to adopt him, large posters of him flooded ibadan, his jingles conyinue ringing every 10 minutes on TV and radio stations. AT the end of the day, we all know what became of him.

JonaTAN his sure heading the way of AKALA.

Pastors endorse GEJ, you accuse them of collecting 7billion.

PAstors are not expevted to endorse anybody, pastors are expected to be non partisan. any pastor endorsing jonaTAN did it for money.

South west Obas endorsed you said they got 250 thousand dollars each.

They are doing it for money. Go and read what Awujale of ijebuland said about OBAS and political office holders.

Afenifere, OPC, . Parties that have adopted GEJ: APGA LABOUR PARTY ACCORD UPN SDP etc.

March28 is around the corner.

#Change is coming.

8 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by mrmetoo1: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
bros, what wil work for apc in ogun abeg?

The fact is that PDP is absolutely unelectable. If they're not happy with APC, they'll rather not vote than vote PDP. Gbenga Daniels has ruined it for PDP. The man was absolutely useless as governor then there were rumours that he had a killer squad and so on. My guy this is not hearsay, I'm from Sagamu, I have family in Sagamu. My father's villa house is a stone throw away from Daniel's palace/fortress in Sagamu GRA. He didn't even do the road leading to GRA this is how useless he is. FG has done nothing in Ogun State. I'll tell you why some people have beef with Amosun, my uncle that lives there told me this personally, is that he gave out the main contracts to foreign firms so all they are left with is sub contracting jobs. As far as developments though, no one doubts that Amosun is doing a good job.

Basically my point is a negative for APC doesn't translate to a positive for PDP in Ogun State, not at all.

Barcanista we've talked about this Ogun State politics before and you know this but anyway you're free to change your mind or convince yourself otherwise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by dein77(m): 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:

More:

[s][/s]

Irrelevant NOW! Not only APC changes; people also do. Life's goes on!
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
integralng:
Let me begin by saying:'Yoruba won't vote for Jonathan' is not a phrase,it is a statement.You don't call a group of words that has verbs such as 'will'(won't) and 'vote' a phrase.Anyway,that was on a light note.In view of the factors you have stated ,I am of the conviction that the next presidential election will tilt towards the candidate of the APC General Muhammadu Buhari.The mushroom political parties such as the SDP and the LP don't have the structures to call out their supporters to give bloc votes to GEJ.Besides Gbenga Kaka who is a former deputy Governor of Ogun,two other senators won the senatorial elections not on the basis of their political structure or popularity but on the strength of the party the A CN then.Although Segun Osoba is a strong factor in Ogun State,you must be aware of the fact that he is not standing any election and his party does not have a candidate in the presidential election.Most of the sympathisers of the SDP in Ogun State may not have much interest in any election except the local election which is the gubernatorial election.You should also take note that the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC Professor Yemi Osinbanjo is an indigene of Ogun State and an in-law to the late late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.So a non-party member/neutral indigene of Ogun State will find voting for the APC/GMB more rewarding than throwing their weight to GEJ/Sambo who are foreigners.Concerning your assertion that GEJ will benefit adequately from the Akala/Makinde/Ladoja,please do note that these three people draw their supporters from the PDP so they may not be able to command more votes in this year's election than they did in 2011 when they asked all their supporters to vote for GEJ.It should also be mentioned that during the 2011 presidential election,Akala was still the governor of Oyo State that time so it was very easy for the PDP to mobilise supports for GEJ.But today,Akala,who you claim has a strong support base in Ogbomosho,will need to contend with Soun of Ogbomosho's factor whose son is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC.Soun is a strong/influential traditional ruler in that part of the state.Putting the foregoing into consideration,it is not illogical to posit that the Akala's factor in Ogbomosho may be wittled down in the presidential election.What will happen in Ogbomosho may play out in Oyo town where Alaafin of Oyo holds sway.Alaafin is a strong Oba in Oyo State and he delivered all the four local governments in Oyo Town to the A CN in 2011.This time around,one of his sons is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC in Oyo.On Seyi Makinde,I will not waste my time putting forward any argument to counter your sentiment because nobody knows him.He is a paper- weight politician.In response to your assertion that the PDP is united in Ondo,I want to say that is far from the truth.There is a sharp division in the PDP in the state.The old PDP members led by Oluwole Oke are not on the same page with the New PDP led by Mimiko.The Oluwole Oke's group has accused the Mimiko's group of sidelining them in the presidential campaign hence their resolve to prove a point that they were the ones that actually gave GEJ massive votes in 2011 and not Mimiko.They are ready to sit on the fence in the presidential election. Finally,your mentioning of the one fathom Justice Group(as one of the reasons GEJ will win in Lagos)is very laughable.Who is the leader of that group and what are the positions he has held before?In case you don't know:PDP died in Lagos State in 2011 when like of Demola Seriki(a Minister under Yaradua),Femi Pedro,Hon Salau(a political juggernault from Epe),Dr Wale Ahmed(PDP Publicity Secretary in Lagos),Lanre Rasak dumped the Umbrella for the A CN.Do you mean Bode George(who is the leader of the PDP and godfather of Jimi Agbaje) that has never won any election in his polling unit since 1999 will be the one that will mobilise for GEJ?Or Ogunlewe who since leaving the AD(the platform on which he was voted as a senator in 1999) and pitching his tent with the PDP has never delivered his Ikorodu local government to the PDP before?Or Musiliu Obanikoro who the last election he won was in 2003 (on the platform of the Tinubu's Alliance for Democracy?).I am waiting...patiently...

. . . . .end of discussion . . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Remarkable: 8:54pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
Afenifere And OPC Favor Jonathan
The endorsement of Jonathan's candidacy by the influential pan Yoruba group Afenifere and O'dua Peoples' Congress will in no small way influence the voting pattern of their members-most of whom are grassroot people. Otunba Gani Adams, National Coordinator, OPC said, “we took time to study the situation of things and we took time to look at the capacity of the candidates involved. I won’t deceive you, from the National Coordinating Council, we have decided to inform our followers that they should vote for President Jonathan.”

The National leader of OPC Chief Fedrick Fasheun had earlier threw his support behind the re-election bid of President Jonathan.

However, another influential group, The Yoruba Council of Elders refused to publicly endorse any of the candidates.

A Look at APC:
No doubt, APC controls 4 out of the Six government houses in the SW as at today, but the party has seen a huge dip in its political fortune in the region. One of the factor that helped the party to win Oyo and Ogun States in 2011 was the heavy factionalisaton within the PDP. Today, the APC in Ogun has had a major split with the SDP coming out a very strong beneficiary taking all Senators. The PDP in Ogun State is united. The APC also lost ALL their Senators in Oyo state, they can't boast of any today- though they gained a Senator in Ondo. In Lagos State, the influential Justice Group left the APC for the PDP. In Ekiti State, the APC was rejected in 2014. In Osun where it hold sway, the anger of civil servants over delay in payment of five(5) months salary may reflect at the Presidential poll. In Ondo State, the APC is not a force as it has little or no structure on ground.

Conclusion
With the Leading parties in the SW and two highly influential groups queuing behind the President's re-election, it is safe to say that the Yoruba nation favors President Jonathan, while the APC candidate Gen Buhari plays second fiddle. Though it won't be fair to write off APC from the political calculation of the SW, yet it will amount to misinformation to say the APC is in control of the region.

God Bless The Yoruba Nation
God Bless Nigeria
God Bless President Jonathan
President 2010-2019

Yoruba man!!!

Judas' got nothing on you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
mrmetoo1:

The fact is that PDP is absolutely unelectable. If they're not happy with APC, they'll rather not vote than vote PDP. Gbenga Daniels has ruined it for PDP. The man was absolutely useless as governor then there were rumours that he had a killer squad and so on. My guy this is not hearsay, I'm from Sagamu, I have family in Sagamu. My father's villa house is a stone throw away from Daniel's palace/fortress in Sagamu GRA. He didn't even do the road leading to GRA this is how useless he is. FG has done nothing in Ogun State. I'll tell you why some people have beef with Amosun, my uncle that lives there told me this personally, is that he gave out the main contracts to foreign firms so all they are left with is sub contracting jobs. As far as developments though, no one doubts that Amosun is doing a good job.

Basically my point is a negative for APC doesn't translate to a positive for PDP in Ogun State, not at all.

Barcanista we've talked about this Ogun State politics before and you know this but anyway you're free to change your mind or convince yourself otherwise.
This is unnecessary, I never said PDP's Isiaka is winning Ogin State, in fact I talked more of the force of SDP in Ogun state than any other. The point is that APC is going extinction in Ogun State, PDP is united, SDP is formidable and is in firm control of most structures once controlled by APC. We know how APC came to power, all those are gone. What the APC enjoys is just incumbency but history has told us that it isn't a saving grace especially in SW politics.

Fortunately for GEJ, LP, PDP and SDP are signed up for him @ the Presidential level.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Chigold101(m): 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2015
egift:

More:

i dont understand your point. All the things you posted are more of propaganda than reality. Barcanista that wrote what posted have since discovered the truth & have stoped backing GMB.

Look at all our living past heads of state or presidents. Look at their influence in African politics. If GMB is not a mediocre why is it that no where in Africa has he been invited to participate in any forum that will make Africa a better continent?

He is the only former head of state or president that is still strugling to be accepted by Nigeria. He has no influence whatever in Africa.

Good leaders are not advertised on the pages of newspaper, their works stand the test of time & posterity speaks about them. 30years after GMB‘s SMC, show me one thing he did. Show me one institution he built. Show me one person or industry he esterblished?

Propaganda like every other lie, always have a shorter life, though it might travel faster but it never reaches it‘s destination.

Always remember to chew before you swallow.

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Missy89(f): 9:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
integralng:
Let me begin by saying:'Yoruba won't vote for Jonathan' is not a phrase,it is a statement.You don't call a group of words that has verbs such as 'will'(won't) and 'vote' a phrase.

Anyway,that was on a light note.In view of the factors you have stated ,I am of the conviction that the next presidential election will tilt towards the candidate of the APC General Muhammadu Buhari.The mushroom political parties such as the SDP and the LP don't have the structures to call out their supporters to give bloc votes to GEJ.

Besides Gbenga Kaka who is a former deputy Governor of Ogun,two other senators won the senatorial elections not on the basis of their political structure or popularity but on the strength of the party the A CN then.Although Segun Osoba is a strong factor in Ogun State,you must be aware of the fact that he is not standing any election and his party does not have a candidate in the presidential election.

Most of the sympathisers of the SDP in Ogun State may not have much interest in any election except the local election which is the gubernatorial election.You should also take note that the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC Professor Yemi Osinbanjo is an indigene of Ogun State and an in-law to the late late sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo.So a non-party member/neutral indigene of Ogun State will find voting for the APC/GMB more rewarding than throwing their weight to GEJ/Sambo who are foreigners.

Concerning your assertion that GEJ will benefit adequately from the Akala/Makinde/Ladoja,please do note that these three people draw their supporters from the PDP so they may not be able to command more votes in this year's election than they did in 2011 when they asked all their supporters to vote for GEJ.It should also be mentioned that during the 2011 presidential election,Akala was still the governor of Oyo State that time so it was very easy for the PDP to mobilise supports for GEJ.But today,Akala,who you claim has a strong support base in Ogbomosho,will need to contend with Soun of Ogbomosho's factor whose son is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC.Soun is a strong/influential traditional ruler in that part of the state.Putting the foregoing into consideration,it is not illogical to posit that the Akala's factor in Ogbomosho may be wittled down in the presidential election.What will happen in Ogbomosho may play out in Oyo town where Alaafin of Oyo holds sway.Alaafin is a strong Oba in Oyo State and he delivered all the four local governments in Oyo Town to the A CN in 2011.

This time around,one of his sons is the House of Representatives candidate of the APC in Oyo.On Seyi Makinde,I will not waste my time putting forward any argument to counter your sentiment because nobody knows him.He is a paper- weight politician.In response to your assertion that the PDP is united in Ondo,I want to say that is far from the truth.There is a sharp division in the PDP in the state.The old PDP members led by Oluwole Oke are not on the same page with the New PDP led by Mimiko.The Oluwole Oke's group has accused the Mimiko's group of sidelining them in the presidential campaign hence their resolve to prove a point that they were the ones that actually gave GEJ massive votes in 2011 and not Mimiko.They are ready to sit on the fence in the presidential election.

Finally,your mentioning of the one fathom Justice Group(as one of the reasons GEJ will win in Lagos)is very laughable.Who is the leader of that group and what are the positions he has held before?In case you don't know:PDP died in Lagos State in 2011 when like of Demola Seriki(a Minister under Yaradua),Femi Pedro,Hon Salau(a political juggernault from Epe),Dr Wale Ahmed(PDP Publicity Secretary in Lagos),Lanre Rasak dumped the Umbrella for the A CN.Do you mean Bode George(who is the leader of the PDP and godfather of Jimi Agbaje) that has never won any election in his polling unit since 1999 will be the one that will mobilise for GEJ?Or Ogunlewe who since leaving the AD(the platform on which he was voted as a senator in 1999) and pitching his tent with the PDP has never delivered his Ikorodu local government to the PDP before?Or Musiliu Obanikoro who the last election he won was in 2003 (on the platform of the Tinubu's Alliance for Democracy?).I am waiting...patiently...

Good read. I helped you with the paragraphs to make it a little bit easier to read. Some of us have bad eyesight o embarassed. took me longer than it should.

Well said thou. The pseudo political analysts will avoid to respond. They only pick soft targets. cool

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Remarkable:

Yoruba man!!!

Judas' got nothing on you!
na wa you o
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Remarkable: 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
your comment reminds me of those naïve supporters of APC that I call un-intentional political hypocrites.. or again, it might be they're just naïve.... they believe that Buhari will make inroads in the South that are not under PDP governors... yet they also believe the states in the SW that are PDP will be taken by Buhari...

only if people could pay for making silly comments we wont have comments like GEJ not getting up to 10% in the SW...

at the poster that made that comment, wanna put your money where your mouth is?
ozoigbondu:

APC has done a wonderful job in the media.Whoever handles their media team knows his onions and deserves an award but if one takes a look at the reality on ground he will know that APC is seriously shaking in the SW.Fayose bombshell in ekiti is one and i don't believe that fayose won cos of that ekiti gate.Osun state is another one omisore did very well there destroying the myth that APC.GEJ will win in lagos am 100% sure of that.

Fayose hate him or like him is a grassroot politican he will deliever ekiti state to jonathan

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
I had to stop reading when I read that 'Afenifebi's' endorsement is supposed to mean something. E go soon clear for una eye, shame GEJ no go fit ask for change grin

9 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Remarkable: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2015
aresa:

What's the implication per calling out the crooked and corrupt bribe taking clowns your corrupt president have been bribing all over the place.? Do you really think we are zombies in the SW and we let worthless leaders walk all over us?

Is it not our same sense of justice and fairplay that necessitated our strong efforts to risk our lives and to fight on behalf of this same president when they tried to shortchanged him out of Aso Rock?

Where were your type back then. ?

It's obvious you know nothing about us and our sense of justice, equity and fair play .

Bribing corrupt entities and militia groups just to win election is not only desperation, it's also moral bankruptcy and anti communal behavior.

Pounds and dollars can buy a few corrupt individuals, but definitely not tens of millions of Nigerians clamoring for change and better existence..

In the SW, yes - they may clamour for change and for a better existence; one thing we know for sure though is:
where the pounds and dollars fail, stomach infrastructure will succeed!

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2015
taharqa:

I said the Yorba, MUMUU. I never said I sun or any one state.

FACT : The SW has NEVER voted for a northern candidate as long as there is a southern opponent since the beginning of elections in Nigeria. And they are not about to start it now.

If this truth bothers you, you can go and kill yourself b4 March 28th o. Though I don't advice that you do
In 1999 and 2003 that Obasanjo contested, what was his performance in the South West?

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Omon605(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2015
SW and the NC are the two zone that will decide the winner of the presidential election. But from all indication it's clear the APC presidential candidate will win the NC and the PDP presidential candidate need more 80% total votes cast from the SW to makes the election competitive. From all the analysis and the situation report on ground, I can tell one of the candidate might likely win in 4 zones.

The
S. S= PDP
S. E=PDP
N. W:APC
N. E=APC
N. C= Though very hard to call but I still strongly believe APC will triumph but with a slim margin
S. W= I can't really say anything about THE S. W because is long I visited any of the S.W state, I only follow the S.W analysis on social media. But what I can deduce is 50=50. Please no strong language, just my opinion though
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I am not pained by your stupidity/delusions.

Must I reply all stupid posts of yours

I am.

I was born and brought up in ibadan, I have my Certificate of birth. I love kwara because my grandad is from kwara

An so fvking what. Didnt u read history that, yorubas are dominant in kwara state?

Fvck u

I have oyo state certificate of birth, do you have any?

I live in ibadan, oyo state, do you live anywhere near?

JonaTAN is d sw wannabe. why come here all the time?
Hehehehehehehehehehe... Pained mofo...
Southwesterner wannabe, That's just what you are, Keep deceiving yourself. grin
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Rilwayne001: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
[s]
Hehehehehehehehehehe... Pained mofo...
Southwesterner wannabe, That's just what you are, Keep deceiving yourself. [/s]

cry me a river numskull.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
Chigold101:
i dont understand your point. All the things you posted are more of propaganda than reality. Barcanista that wrote what posted have since discovered the truth & have stoped backing GMB.

Look at all our living past heads of state or presidents. Look at their influence in African politics. If GMB is not a mediocre why is it that no where in Africa has he been invited to participate in any forum that will make Africa a better continent?

He is the only former head of state or president that is still strugling to be accepted by Nigeria. He has no influence whatever in Africa.

Good leaders are not advertised on the pages of newspaper, their works stand the test of time & posterity speaks about them. 30years after GMB‘s SMC, show me one thing he did. Show me one institution he built. Show me one person or industry he esterblished?

Propaganda like every other lie, always have a shorter life, though it might travel faster but it never reaches it‘s destination.

Always remember to chew before you swallow.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by mrmetoo1: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2015
barcanista:
This is unnecessary, I never said PDP's Isiaka is winning Ogin State, in fact I talked more of the force of SDP in Ogun state than any other. The point is that APC is going extinction in Ogun State, PDP is united, SDP is formidable and is in firm control of most structures once controlled by APC. We know how APC came to power, all those are gone. What the APC enjoys is just incumbency but history has told us that it isn't a saving grace especially in SW politics.

Fortunately for GEJ, LP, PDP and SDP are signed up for him @ the Presidential level.

All this still doesn't mean Jonathan is going to get the votes. Amosun is still more popular in Ogun than Jonathan. Jonathan is not an appealing choice at all, even those guys you mentioned can't sell Jonathan to anyone. They'll rather use their energy and resources to take Ogun from APC.

As far as the presidential election, GMB/PYO is definitely a more appealing option. A vote for Jonathan is a vote for PDP, why would they want to do that?

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Badassniggga(m): 10:00pm On Mar 16, 2015
Sooroptimist:

Jesus indeed wept!

I pity your jaundiced mannerism and very infantile way of reasoning
grin funny..
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
mrmetoo1:

All this still doesn't mean Jonathan is going to get the votes. Amosun is still more popular in Ogun than Jonathan. Jonathan is not an appealing choice at all, even those guys you mentioned can't sell Jonathan to anyone. They'll rather use their energy and resources to take Ogun from APC.

As far as the presidential election, GMB/PYO is definitely a more appealing option. A vote for Jonathan is a vote for PDP, why would they want to do that?
You APC are very funny. You seem to believe things according to your emotions. Amosun is more popular than Jonathan? Bros, Amosun is even grasping for popularity. Buhari is not even talked about in Ogun State by majority of electorates

4 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by integralng: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2015
Missy89:

Good read. I helped you with the paragraphs to make it a little bit easier to read. Some of us have bad eyesight o embarassed. took me longer than it should.

Well said thou. The pseudo political analysts will avoid to respond. They only pick soft targets. cool
Thank you very sincerely.I was on the road campaigning when I was typing it...I could not swallow the fallacies in the OP's comment...So I had to put in something.I reiterate my thanks for your kind gesture in helping with the paragraphing...

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 10:08pm On Mar 16, 2015
The OP must be delusional. its typical APC, victory been taken from them, under their nose. Look the SW has one of the lowest PVC collection. Look at OGUN where I come from. If u look at the street while buhari is the favorite most ppl are complacent cos its of a wide view that the election would be violent cos both APC thugs and OPC would clash. Mind u jonathan still has a great number of sympathizers. Like me. If anythin PDP would succeed in making the SW not count. In this election. And the few who would go out to vote would defintely vote PDP. I am a construction project manger. I handle 3 projects right now in diff parts of lagos And I can tell you that PDP is massively buying pvc's right now. Mark my words elections in lagos would be controlled by touts all you keyboard warriors would not even dare come out that day. Jona got onething right though he penetrated the SW from our own OPC. Coupled with the AIT documentary the average non-legosian now hates APC. PDP would defintely win this election. I would say it again I see EKITI playing out here again.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Remarkable: 10:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
dedos:
and aw many total valid voters are we talking about in Ekiti state in totallity?...d number dat is not even up 2 d number of voters of d smallest state in North.lol

Aha!!!

The truth! Gradually coming out, innit?!

This just demonstrates that you supporters of APC know that GEJ will sweep Ekiti... but you have refused to admit it or allude to it in any way, rather banking on the euphoria of a Buhari sweep of Yoruba votes...

Accept it, bro; accpt that GEJ has the edge... lies aint gonna take you no where - definitely not to Aso rock... at least not this 2015.

What else have you been suppressing?

1 Like

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by taharqa: 10:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In 1999 and 2003 that Obasanjo contested, what was his performance in the South West?

He didn't win in 1999 cos his opponent was another southerner (a Fellow Yorba man even ) while he won in2003 cos his opponent then was a northerners, a lanky fellow called Buhari.
Again, the SW has never voted for a northern Presidential candidate whilst there is a southern opponent. Gerrit??

Your question made my earlier point so succinctly. Any other questions??
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Demmzy15(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

exactly.

I hardly meet people who are willing to vote for jonaTAN.

Im just tired of this SS/SE people trying to tell us whats going on in our place.
No offense my Southern brothers n sisters, but come to Afe Babalola University in Ekiti here. You'll find blind supporters of GEJ, they accused Buhari with all stupid accusations. Some even went to the extent to say Buhari was an ISIS member! grin I was laughing my life ass out. Most of them are from the South especially Ibos, but Buhari has large popularity here tho!
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 16, 2015
integralng:
Thank you very sincerely.I was on the road campaigning when I was typing it...I could not swallow the fallacies in the OP's comment...So I had to put in something.I reiterate my thanks for your kind gesture in helping with the paragraphing...
and in your mind, after rejecting the blood sucking general 3 times, we would accept him the 3rd time? Don't sound like a clown. You are free to take all the money from campaign cos that's all you'll ever get. Get busy and make something meaningful with your life rather than run around like lost cat.
Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
Demmzy15:

No offense my Southern brothers n sisters, but come to Afe Babalola University in Ekiti here. You'll find blind supporters of GEJ, they accused Buhari with all stupid accusations. Some even went to the extent to say Buhari was an ISIS member! grin I was laughing my life ass out. Most of them are from the South especially Ibos, but Buhari has large popularity here tho!
Its going down next week Saturday. Lets see who is fooling who? wink Don't be scared, south-west are known for back stabbers, its not today that Tinubu has gone back to campaign for GEJ. He did to Atiku cheesy

Let me see who in south-east and south-south would vote for Buhari. kiss This is one of the reason the blood sucking general would never ever win or even get votes close to GEJ: http://fbablogs.com/2015/02/10/aljazeera-video-reveals-buhari-suggesting-the-2011-post-election-violence-was-a-normal-reaction-because-the-elections-were-rigged/

Imagine saying post-election violence was a normal reaction. undecided Our youths have lost their minds indeed

2 Likes

Re: Beyond Propaganda: President Jonathan Is Favored To Win SW (opinion) by SeverusSnape(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

cry me a river numskull.
Obviously Wannabe, You're the one crying to be recognized as a southwesterner.
Try harder, But no matter what, You're not. Your allegiance still belongs to the Fulani emirate. tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Ondo Update: SSG Loses Polling Unit As Akeredolu Wins Unit / Tinubu Pulls FCT Out Of TSA / Blogger Daniel Elombah Handcuffed By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.