Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,839 members, 7,841,194 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari (48639 Views)

Why I Refused To Detonate My Explosive – Female Bomber (pic) / Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
Why are you laughing? But that's how he will rule na undecided
Truckpusher:
Lol.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
Dioxidane:
All those screaming high up to the heavens that GMB was a former military 'dictator' should remember that a former President, OBJ was a military ruler. Even the present Senate President was formerly in the military. Did they still display their military traits in a democratic setting? Let's think pragmatically here, no sentiments. Our present president could not address the major problem affecting Nigeria today. In my own opinion, it is CORRUPTION. It is corruption in its many forms (bribery, nepotism, fraud, embezzlement) that has adversely affected the economy of Nigeria. Now I'm not an advocate of GMB, but I believe if you can't tackle a problem, leave it to someone who can (that is if you have the interests of the country at heart). GEJ has tried his best, let him give someone else the opportunity to tackle the problems facing this country, and if that person can't, with 2019 by the corner we can always elect someone else.

P.S: Typed this in a rush. Please ignore any grammatical/typographical error(s)...

How old where you when OBJ was in power?
have you heard about "do or die" affair?

OBJ's government was military in style!
Ask those who were old enough!

Mark is educated, and compared be compared with the semi illiterates that filled the army from the core north.

Buhari got into the army with a letter from his Principal with a promise he would pass English and Maths. Whether he passed English and Maths. nobody knows till today.

A criminal who shot his way to power, even have the audacity to lie under oath is seriously harassing us with his inordinate affection for power!
This is Africa where we celebrate criminals! Else Buhari's portion is firing squad for treason!

#NeverAgain!
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Your insults against me and the religion of Islam are noted; but I will not allow you derail me from the issue at hand, which is your silly ignorant statement; suggesting that debating (presumably presidential debate e.g. between GEJ and GMB) is an essential unique feature of democracy.

"Only in democracy you hear of debate or has anyone heard of a national debate before the assumption of a military rule?"

Mr. Retardeen, I would like to see how you could still justify the above foolishness.

As for your fixation on so called under aged marriage and sex with specific reference to the prophet of Islam; I'll have only this to say to you: Kindly Google for the age of sexual consent at the heart of Christianity, the Vatican, and also the age at which Mary was betrothed to Joseph as well as the age she gave birth to Jesus.

BTW, your mistakes were not typographical but calamities for a so called educated man, who ironically had to endure the ignominy of being corrected by an Almajiri.

No man is above mistakes and me accepting corrections from an 'almajiri' shows a better man in me. Even a child corrects the father or rather, a child is permitted to point out a mistake of his dad if he finds any.

About Mary's marriage to Joseph, don't use it to justify your prophets marriage to an underage Aisha. Mary was never betrothed to Joseph as an underage. How old was Jesus when they went to Jerusalem to offer up sacrifice before he got missing and they had to look for him until they found him. He was 12 years old then and when he was found, what did the mother said to him?(lk 2:41-51). That's an assignment for you. If he was an adult @ 12 years and Mary was married to Joseph as you speculate @ an age younger than 12, then they wouldn't have bothered looking for him because adults always find their way home.

Secondly, when Mary went to visit her cousin Elizabeth, please read it up in the Bible in lk 1:39-56 and take particular note of verse 41 or you may read it up on your favorite 'google' and try to digest the greetings and the discussion that ensued between them. Besides, if she was underage as you claim in order to justify your prophets action, would she have been left to travel miles alone to visit her cousin in the hill country of Judea and stay with her three months?

Finally, the story of Mary and most Biblical stories you folks make reference to in order to justify mohameds insane acts took place centuries ago before the advent of islam and mohamed's privatization of islam to his enjoyment and his acclaimed 'god voice' (his thoughts). As @ the time islam came, the world had changed and had started seeing things differently. Let me ask you these question, how many of Mohamed's female kids did he marry out as underage? Of his only female child that continued his lineage, did he permit her husband to take a second wife when he wanted to? Why would he do that when he as the leader of these same people permitted them to take more than a wife and he himself was married to more than 7 women aside his concubines and sex slaves. Shouldn't leaders lead by example? I will be surprised if you feign ignorance of this.

Just for the record, help me do my counting and word check. You will be rewarded for that. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Where Are The Senators?: Channels TV Infographic / Atiku Abubakar Spends Holiday With His Children & Grandchildren At The Zoo (Pix) / Your State And Who You Are Supporting For The 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.