Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,665 members, 7,840,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari (48632 Views)

Why I Refused To Detonate My Explosive – Female Bomber (pic) / Why I Refused To Honour Efcc’s Invitation – Tompolo / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
francizy:

Smallie, you still dey NL shocked shocked shocked
me smallie? angry
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
nortcentrallord:

the hallmark of a true Northerner. Always hollow headed. Simple political debate is hard for you to comprehend. Just go back to primary school and stop trying to have carnal knowledge of that 10 year old girl . Maybe that will help your dull brain. grin grin grin

Olodo rabata, show me how debating or ability to debate becomes a prerequisite to being a democrat or go and pack for one side; because you are too dull to engage me - I don't deal with shallow minded ppl, send me your teacher instead.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by yagbaboy1(m): 11:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
dein77:

I think you and your camp are not being fair here. Its not about people not knowing me in my community or village; that's not the issue here. The issue is a presidential candidate, who has promised to transform Nigeria into a paradise in 4 years, has consistently refused to come up to the podium and have a direct debate with the person whose office he now seeks to occupy. That's the issue here. Instead, he has hidden behind the eloquence and brilliance of his vice and then occasionally make speeches not more than two minutes long.

APC folks are not been fair and sincere here.

Buhari is popular because he was a onetime military president of the world's most populous black nation. Nothing more. He didn't do anything really worthy of all the accolades the media is heaping on him. If anything, he damaged our diplomatic relations with the UK due to his obvious role in the DIkko Affair.

I'm well known in my family, my church, my workplace and my community, and I have my certificate INTACT.
Being fair in what exactly. He is an illiterate yet know worldwide. If Dikko saga is the way to bring criminals to book, then am in full support. A woman traffic hard drugs and when she is kill you blame buhari for being wicked. You have your certificate and yet you have never being interviewed by AIT. Buhari debated in 2011. Where was GEJ then?

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Spray(m): 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2015
mycar:
I support him in this one, he knows his strength, it is better for him to remain silent before Nigeria will know that he has nothing to offer.
And to be honest, Buhari has nothing to offer to Nigerians.
dear robot, ur chief operator had six years but he misused it, does he realy has much to offer dis time around? I knw u wnt answer me cos u hav nt bin programd for dis exact questn

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Danfulani2020: 11:19pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dioxidane:
All those screaming high up to the heavens that GMB was a former military 'dictator' should remember that a former President, OBJ was a military ruler. Even the present Senate President was formerly in the military. Did they still display their military traits in a democratic setting? Let's think pragmatically here, no sentiments. Our present president could not address the major problem affecting Nigeria today. In my own opinion, it is CORRUPTION. It is corruption in its many forms (bribery, nepotism, fraud, embezzlement) that has adversely affected the economy of Nigeria. Now I'm not an advocate of GMB, but I believe if you can't tackle a problem, leave it to someone who can (that is if you have the interests of the country at heart). GEJ has tried his best, let him give someone else the opportunity to tackle the problems facing this country, and if that person can't, with 2019 by the corner we can always elect someone else.

P.S: Typed this in a rush. Please ignore any grammatical/typographical error(s)...

Brilliant Bulshit. Is seat of power a theatre for political experiement. Advice ur dictator General to wait till 2019. The errors in your write up are not only typographical, they are also reasoning and logical errors.
GEJ till 2019
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by yagbaboy1(m): 11:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
nortcentrallord:

If you know who you are on a social media trading words with, you will be asking for an autograph or some stipends but being popular is not why we are here and popularity should be applauded only when it's positive.

If your criticism lacks objectivity, then I shouldn't be trading words with a low life like you.

Your arguments clearly lack intelligence and it's a clear example of agberoish expression hence words like "who know you", "who you be". grin grin grin I can't help but laugh @ you depravity.

Typical apc fans. Smh.
Hehe. At the end u still unknown
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nicklaus(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dioxidane:
All those screaming high up to the heavens that GMB was a former military 'dictator' should remember that a former President, OBJ was a military ruler. Even the present Senate President was formerly in the military. Did they still display their military traits in a democratic setting? Let's think pragmatically here, no sentiments. Our present president could not address the major problem affecting Nigeria today. In my own opinion, it is CORRUPTION. It is corruption in its many forms (bribery, nepotism, fraud, embezzlement) that has adversely affected the economy of Nigeria. Now I'm not an advocate of GMB, but I believe if you can't tackle a problem, leave it to someone who can (that is if you have the interests of the country at heart). GEJ has tried his best, let him give someone else the opportunity to tackle the problems facing this country, and if that person can't, with 2019 by the corner we can always elect someone else.

P.S: Typed this in a rush. Please ignore any grammatical/typographical error(s)...
So cool a post tho, you are not an advocate of GMB but only GMB's supporters ll like this.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by francizy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
EroticAngelina:
me smallie? angry

LOL.. Yeah tongue
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Aboki stop disgracing your miserable self,
Aboki, Aboki, Abooookiiii... Abokï the fool. grin

I refuse to succumb to the temptation of reducing myself to your gutter level of ethnic and regional insults; because if I should, you would definitely end up disowning your heritage.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by NsikanMoses: 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2015
Now I can see clearly that illiteracy is a terrible disease.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nicklaus(m): 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Splashme:
[size=13pt]Shame on Mr Buhari.

I am imagining a Mitt Romney refusing to debate with Barack Obama because Obama's first term record were already there before Americans. Won't that be viewed by Americans as crazy?

That excuse is very lame and childish. Shame on Buhari.
The man should simply come clean and tell Nigerians he is afraid of being disgraced at the debate.

[/size]
Very pEculiaR. Sensible!

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Adminisher: 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
mycar:
I support him in this one, he knows his strength, it is better for him to remain silent before Nigeria will know that he has nothing to offer.

Really. When Dumbo who never even wanted to be a politician was being persuaded by Alamieyesgha to be deputy governor, this Buhari was oiling his wheels to challenge Obj for the presidency. He challenged Obj, Yaradua and now Jona for office. You have to be blind, cowardly, or un reasoning if you don't see that as evidence of somebody who has something to offer. The man who became governor accidentally and president accidentally is more likely the one who never had anything to offer. An accidental leader confused by the office and managed by a strong un intelligent wife but highly professional Godfathers and God mothers. Jonathon is the fakest president in history and you know it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by dein77(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2015
yagbaboy1:

Being fair in what exactly. He is an illiterate yet know worldwide. If Dikko saga is the way to bring criminals to book, then am in full support. A woman traffic hard drugs and when she is kill you blame buhari for being wicked. You have your certificate and yet you have never being interviewed by AIT. Buhari debated in 2011. Where was GEJ then?

I already told you he is known worldwide because he was a former dictator military president of Nigeria. That all. So Buhari was right in trying to have Dikko smuggled from the UK to stand trial for corruption charges?

@ bolded: I'm not vying for any public office yet.......

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by anibestlala(m): 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
helinues:
The Presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu has said, if he wins the March 28 poll, he will ensure strict adherence to the constitution, saying he is now “a converted democrat”.

Mr. Buhari made the pledge while addressing a media parley in Abuja today.

“I want to assure you that Nigerian constitution will be adhered to,” he said.

He reminded the audience of the controversial Decree 4 promulgated in 1984 while he was military Head of State.

He said there will be no such controversy should he win the presidential election.

“I cannot change the past but I can change the present and future. Dictatorship goes with military which made possible decree four.

“I am a former military leader. Note the emphasis on former. But I am now a converted democrat.
“I give full assurances to Nigeria media will be free under an APC government,” he said.

Asked if he was prepared to apologise for jailing journalists as military ruler, the Director General of Mr. Buhari’s campaign and Governor of River State, Rotimi Amaechi, prevented the former general from responding, saying “the general has said he could not change the past”.

Mr. Buhari said he was not ready to participate in the presidential debate with President Goodluck Jonathan, standing for re-election as the candidate of Peoples Democratic Party.

He argued that there is no basis for debate since the record of the PDP and Mr. Jonathan in government is public knowledge.

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar attended the media event.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178635-why-i-refused-to-debate-with-jonathan-buhari.html
hahaha, public knowledge is a strong reason not to debate as if foreign presidential hopefuls that debate don't have people with access to information. I wonder what Buhari's excuse would be4 refusing to appear before oputa's panel,guess it was all public knowledge too.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by chibas: 11:28pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Exactly!... That man will just disgrace us if he becomes a president. I just can't imagine him addressing the UN general assembly or African Union. undecided

It must not happen. angry
na today!.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Adminisher: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
SeverusSnape:

[size=13pt]Buhari IS A WORLD RENOWNED ILLITERATE, LET HIM BRING HIS CERTIFICATE LET'S SEE, TILL THEN, HE REMAINS A CERTIFICATELESS ILLITERATE[/size]

And he will be the President so you better look for bigger fonts and bold spaces to type your frustration. Bulgaria is leading 75% to 25% amongst educated Nigerians living in the cities who have access to internet. We have not even talked about majority in the core north who are the silent majority. When he becomes President you can leave the country to Equitorial Guinea.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

I refuse to succumb to the temptation of reducing myself to your gutter level of ethnic and regional insults; because if I should, you would definitely end up disowning your heritage.
See who's talking. Please go to bed Mr. Abokï
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 11:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
Adminisher:

And he will be the President so you better look for bigger fonts and bold spaces to type your frustration. Bulgaria is leading 75% to 25% amongst educated Nigerians living in the cities who have access to internet. We have not even talked about majority in the core north who are the silent majority. When he becomes President you can leave the country to Equitorial Guinea.
Please tell me something else. Buhari IS A DESPOTIC TYRANT. Buhari IS A CERTIFICATELESS ILLITERATE.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
Abayhormy:

GOD Will Show You Guys on March 28 and May 29th that before PDP existed, HE knew Nigeria and Owns the Earth and All nations in it .
God is with us
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nicklaus(m): 11:36pm On Mar 17, 2015
Yes of course there are no cattles up there. Narrow escape smiley

Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 11:37pm On Mar 17, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Olodo rabata, show me how debating or ability to debate becomes a prerequisite to being a democrat or go and pack for one side; because you are too dull to engage me - I don't deal with shallow minded ppl, send me your teacher instead.

grin grin grin. OMG! I pity the northern part of this country. From the likes of you, people will be presented for political office in the near future then your region will continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Illiteracy is truly cancerous.
The white man which we copy his democracy today don't run tail in between legs @ the mention of debate. If Chatam house was so good for a speech to be given in, why can't we emulate the goods democracy. Only in democracy you hear of debate or has anyone heard of a national debate before the assumption of a military rule? Now you can see who the true Olodo rabata is grin grin. @ this point, I shouldn't waste objective criticism on the like of you whose level of reasoning is below average.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
There is a difference between winning and being declared winner.
sincerely i don't see GMB being declared the winner of the elections
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by akanbiaa(m): 11:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
mycar:
he might not offer anything but he can stop those offering unemployment. Corruption, poverty, injustice, impunity, etc
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Adminisher: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Splashme:
[size=13pt]Shame on Mr Buhari.

I am imagining a Mitt Romney refusing to debate with Barack Obama because Obama's first term record were already there before Americans. Won't that be viewed by Americans as crazy?

That excuse is very lame and childish. Shame on Buhari.
The man should simply come clean and tell Nigerians he is afraid of being disgraced at the debate.

[/size]

PDP was going to rig the debates by showing Jonathan the prepared questions and embarrassing Buhari with sneaked questions. The information came to the APC from the topmost levels in the PDP itself which is to show that Jonathan is just fighting a losing game. Anyway Buhari refused to participate and it did not affect his public ratings. So if this happens in the US (a candidate refusing to debate) and it dos not negatively affect the the rating of that candidate then you know that is your man(or woman) is next President..I think that is true of Nigeria as well.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by TrueTrueTalk: 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2015
What a shame! Its obvious he has nothingto offer nigerians except his plan to islamize Nigeria tru his brother shekau and am sure Amaechi is not aware of that.
Shame on apc
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 11:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
KwoiZabo:
Mr Buhari, debate is not about what Jonathan did. it's about what you will do.
we already know what gej has done and what buhari do,gej wil continue corruption and buhari wil stop corruption,gej mismanage our economy and money got missing,buhari wil restore our economy and bring back our missing money from gej,gej pay 2.6tr subsidy scam,buhari wil build more refinery,gej gave us darkness and buhari wil give us light,gej make us to be jobless,buhari wil give us more job.use ur sense for d rest.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by siegfried99(m): 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2015
A simple apology would have gone a long way undecided

That basically means no remorse for past crimes angry
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by angelsing(m): 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
nortcentrallord:

If truly he is a democrat as he said, he should do the right thing and no dwell on the wrongs of the past. He wants to be forgiven but can not move ahead to do what is right. Imagine Ameachi preventing his presidential candidate from answering a question. Hahahaha, that's how the will rule Nigeria if they by chance get announced as the winner. grin grin grin
Yes it would have been a nice and the right thing to do but PDP lost the moral ground to insist he debates while their principal refuse to participate in it the last time
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by porka: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
Dioxidane:

Obasanjo handed over to a democratically elected president.

Buhari truncated a democratically elected government and suspended the constitution.
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by jessymore70: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
Cus u knw de fact. GEJ must win
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by porka: 11:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
we already know what gej has done and what buhari do,gej wil continue corruption and buhari wil stop corruption,gej mismanage our economy and money got missing,buhari wil restore our economy and bring back our missing money from gej,gej pay 2.6tr subsidy scam,buhari wil build more refinery,gej gave us darkness and buhari wil give us light,gej make us to be jobless,buhari wil give us more job.use ur sense for d rest.

Abacha never stole - Imam Buhari
Re: Why I Refused To Debate With Jonathan – Buhari by nortcentrallord(m): 11:58pm On Mar 17, 2015
angelsing:
Yes it would have been a nice and the right thing to do but PDP lost the moral ground to insist he debates while their principal refuse to participate in it the last time

It's the same thing like saying because GEJ didn't perform in a particular sector, buhari can choose not to perform there too. that is childish. grin grin grin

I only can imagine how much of laughter my people are presenting these oyinbo's over here now. I am ashamed of a whole lot of you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Major-General: PUNCH Has Embarrassed Nigerians - Sagay / Wikipedia Lists Killing Of Protesters Among Nigerian Army’s Engagements / Anambra: Was Locked Up In Toilet, Coerced To Sign Election Papers; INEC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.